PDA

View Full Version : So Kevin Durant LOST to Kawhi and is now 2/4

StrongLurk
06-19-2019, 02:30 PM
In the finals...this is the ISH consensus correct?

I remember A LOT of posters saying KD deserved to have the 2019 ring counted if the Warriors came back down from 3-1.

Granted, KD is > Kawhi...but KD is now 2/4 in the finals.

NBASTATMAN
06-19-2019, 02:31 PM

I remember A LOT of posters saying KD deserved to have the 2019 ring counted if the Warriors came back down from 3-1.

Granted, KD is > Kawhi...but they are both now 2/3 in the finals (KD still > Kawhi).

He would be 2/4 .. He lost in 2012

HoopologyPhD
06-19-2019, 02:34 PM
He would be 2/4 .. He lost in 2012

Ouch, thread over. 23 not such a bad number.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:36 PM

Granted, KD is > Kawhi...but KD is now 2/4 in the finals.

That's always been a ridiculous argument. Percentage of finals won is irrelavant. Percentage of titles won by seasons played is what you're looking for. And even then, that's somewhat of a "rangzzz" argument.

StrongLurk
06-19-2019, 02:39 PM
That's always been a ridiculous argument. Percentage of finals won is irrelavant. Percentage of titles won by seasons played is what you're looking for. And even then, that's somewhat of a "rangzzz" argument.

I'm not making an argument, I'm just checking the ISH consensus that KD is now 2/4.

The VAST majority of responses in a thread I made said KD would deserve FULL CREDIT for his 2019 ring if the Warriors came back and won.

DaHeezy
06-19-2019, 02:41 PM

It's all irrelevant. Teams lose to other teams.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm not making an argument, I'm just checking the ISH consensus that KD is now 2/4.

The VAST majority of responses in a thread I made said KD would deserve FULL CREDIT for his 2019 ring if the Warriors came back and won.

Had he played. But he got injured. He literally played a quarter. We cant penalize him for losing the finals if he didnt play.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:45 PM
It's all irrelevant. Teams lose to other teams.

Yes. Its essentially the rings argument. It's somewhat irrelevant.

StrongLurk
06-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Had he played. But he got injured. He literally played a quarter. We cant penalize him for losing the finals if he didnt play.

Not sure if you know or understand...but the thread I made was siding on KD NOT GETTING FULL CREDIT FOR THE RING.

So we are agreeing here.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Not sure if you know or understand...but the thread I made was siding on KD NOT GETTING FULL CREDIT FOR THE RING.

So we are agreeing here.

I see. In that case, we do agree as you said.