06-20-2019, 06:10 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141827686836375553

:eek:

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Atlanta got robbed

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-20-2019, 06:12 PM
I like the deal a lot for NOP. Guess they chose to go the youth rebuild route over trying to get an established player. Nothing wrong w/ that tho. Quite a haul for them.

Atl? Ehh...better hope Hunter turns out to be something special.

Patrick Chewing
Anthony Davis has turned into:

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25

And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

DMAVS41
Initially looks like Griffin wins another trade, but I'm super high on Hunter and he'll fit great on the Hawks imo.

Gave up a lot, but if you really believe in a prospect...you have to have the conviction to get him.

fiddy
06-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Strange deal, only time will tell which team won that trade.

Dr. Cheesesteak

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

That draft capital is insane. Pels gonna be like the Sixers and Celts.

edit:
thought something was missing - isn't the Atl 2020 1st in that deal?

scuzzy
lol @ David Griffin breaking the ice

his short 4 year stint in Cleveland and as a GM in general has him feeling REAL cocky

NBAGOAT
06-20-2019, 06:14 PM
nop wins the trade but it's not the worst. They were willing to give up 8 and 10 for 3 and the top 3 guys arent set in stone anymore

LAVAR BALL
06-20-2019, 06:17 PM

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

You know Griffin can still call Pelinka trying to sell him the 35th pick :oldlol:

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2019, 06:40 PM
inb4 hawks draft another Marvin Williams

DMAVS41
06-20-2019, 06:42 PM
inb4 hawks draft another Marvin Williams

I think the hope is that he's Marvin Williams with all-nba caliber defense.

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2019, 06:51 PM
I think the hope is that he's Marvin Williams with all-nba caliber defense.

He's strong and has a nice wingspan, but I'm not sure if he's quick enough to stay in front of guards or quicker forwards, especially those with nice handles. It takes a very good defender to be an all-nba caliber defender. His lack of handles and slow first step have me concerned offensively as well.

I hope he succeeds, I live in ATL area and would love Young to have a nice wingman to grow with. I just have my concerns and I'm not sure he's the guy you trade 2 firsts, a second and take Solomon hills contract with.

What makes you so high on Hunter?

I really have only seen the NCAA tournament and I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZjno5zUyPo) when it was possible the Lakers would pick him up.

hold this L
06-20-2019, 06:52 PM

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

I've been outta the loop since the Warriors lost the finals. This can't be real?

:biggums:

MrFonzworth
06-20-2019, 06:55 PM

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23

Not bad for a player that wanted out:applause:

Manny98
06-20-2019, 07:07 PM
I assume its to draft DeAndre Hunter

Hawks have such a great young core

DMAVS41
06-20-2019, 07:07 PM
He's strong and has a nice wingspan, but I'm not sure if he's quick enough to stay in front of guards or quicker forwards, especially those with nice handles. It takes a very good defender to be an all-nba caliber defender. His lack of handles and slow first step have me concerned offensively as well.

I hope he succeeds, I live in ATL area and would love Young to have a nice wingman to grow with. I just have my concerns and I'm not sure he's the guy you trade 2 firsts, a second and take Solomon hills contract with.

What makes you so high on Hunter?

I really have only seen the NCAA tournament and I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZjno5zUyPo) when it was possible the Lakers would pick him up.

I disagree with your take on his defensive ceiling. I don't know if he'll reach it, but the reason I'm high on him is that I think he can be an all-nba caliber defender with a solid spot up shooting game with perhaps a nice mid-post / turn and face game.

He's a smart player and I think that he's exactly the type of role player a future contending team will want.

But, as always, this shit outside of a couple guys is a total crapshoot.

ShawkFactory
06-20-2019, 07:08 PM
Atlanta got robbed
How?

They really love hunter. He has size and plays well on defense...perfect for an explosive offensive team lacking in size and D.

And why would the hawks want all these picks at this point? Had they gone through will the 8, 10, 17, and 35th picks they’d have 7 players on their roster next year that are either 1st or 2nd year players.

They love what they have with Trae, Collins, and Huerter. At this point it’s quality over quantity.

If all they do pick-wise in this draft is grab hunter and Hayes then they did exactly what they wanted.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2019, 07:19 PM
so this might just get included with the pelicans-lakers deal. They way they create cap space is to unload bonga wagner and jones. Is atl willing to take them on?

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-20-2019, 07:20 PM
They love what they have with Trae, Collins, and Huerter. At this point it’s quality over quantity.

If all they do pick-wise in this draft is grab hunter and Hayes then they did exactly what they wanted.
Do Hayes and Collins play too similar? Maybe Collins has a little bit of a midrange game... But wouldn't you want a stretch big to complement the athletic lob receiver? Maybe Bol at #10?

Either way, I too like the Hawks young core a lot.

ShawkFactory
06-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Do Hayes and Collins play too similar? Maybe Collins has a little bit of a midrange game... But wouldn't you want a stretch big to complement the athletic lob receiver? Maybe Bol at #10?

Either way, I too like the Hawks young core a lot.
At this juncture I feel Hayes is a rebounding and defensive presence with major upside as a play-finisher. I don’t necessarily see him developing an advanced offensive game. Kind of like a smaller deandre Jordan to me. Or a capela

Which is perfect when you have a guy like Trae though.

JC can shoot from pretty much anywhere and has more upside as a shot-creator/maker but cant guard better bigs on the other end.

I feel like they’d go well together. They’d make up for each other’s faults. And both are beasts on the glass obviously.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-20-2019, 07:49 PM
At this juncture I feel Hayes is a rebounding and defensive presence with major upside as a play-finisher. I don’t necessarily see him developing an advanced offensive game. Kind of like a smaller deandre Jordan to me. Or a capela

Which is perfect when you have a guy like Trae though.

JC can shoot from pretty much anywhere and has more upside as a shot-creator/maker but cant guard better bigs on the other end.

I feel like they’d go well together. They’d make up for each other’s faults. And both are beasts on the glass obviously.
Yeah, come to think of it, I do remember seeing Collins hit a 3 or two in what little of Atl I saw.

Both are great athletes for sure. They'd be a pain to handle on both ends of the court for any team.

edit:
welp, so much for Hayes. Atl can still get Bol at #10.

ShawkFactory
06-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah, come to think of it, I do remember seeing Collins hit a 3 or two in what little of Atl I saw.

Both are great athletes for sure. They'd be a pain to handle on both ends of the court for any team.

edit:
welp, so much for Hayes. Atl can still get Bol at #10.
Reddish is rudundant. Hate that