PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving Joining the Lakers Would Actually BOOST His Legacy (Here's Why)

Koresh
06-21-2019, 02:51 PM
Kyrie could do what Shaq and Kobe could not. Those two are arguably the best duo ever in the league. They could not get along, but won 3 titles together. Imagine them getting back together around 2008. Say they still get Pau and Shaq was traded back to the Lakers. Shaq was still okay in 2008. They would have still won the title.

If Kyrie joins LeBron in LA, that would boost his legacy because he would forever be remembered being a Pippen-type player. Magic and Kareem, Shaq and Kobe, Jordan and Pippen. LeBron and Kyrie would be the next name.

I don't feel this would be a bitch move joining again because those two were perfect together and won a title together. No one should shun Kyrie if he went to LA. No one is going to say he needed LeBron to win titles. Anyone with common sense would think, "Yeah, they needed each other." It's actually him saying, "I f'ed up. I should have listened to you. Let's continue to win together. We can be one of the best duos in NBA history. Let's run it back."

I know Kyrie has Mamba mentality and all, but he saw how hard it was to be the man in Boston and maybe he had a moment of clarity if he joined the Lakers. That is my take on it. I don't find it to be weak. I think it's the exact opposite. I would accept Kyrie joining LeBron than him joining KD despite saying he wanted his own team. He just accepted he is a Robin. If he joined KD, I don't think it would be good.

TLDR; Kyrie joining the Lakers wouldn't be a bad thing for his legacy. It would boost his legacy as one of the best Robins in the league. There's nothing wrong with being a sidekick. He would do something Kobe couldn't accept until years later. Rebuild a relationship with an all-time great and run it back. Kyrie is still young and in his prime. He is not a #1 option to carry a team. He is the perfect #2.

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 02:52 PM
No.

LAmbruh
06-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Kyrie needs Lebron

Lebron and Lakers don't need Kyrie

And quite frankly his constant begging to team back up with Lebron has been pathetic

RealSkipBayless
06-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Kyrie needs Lebron

Simon bringing the facts. :eek:

:rockon:

Marchesk
06-21-2019, 03:37 PM
So who is Anthony Davis in this scenario? Shazam?

egokiller
06-21-2019, 03:53 PM
So who is Anthony Davis in this scenario? Shazam?

:roll:

Another poorly thought out plan by LefailGM.

Jasper
06-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Kyrie needs Lebron

And quite frankly his constant begging to team back up with Lebron has been pathetic
first I heard he is even interested ,, lets see some evidence of this.

I think if he goes back and both of them win 2 more titles , it concrete's a HOF career.