06-23-2019, 03:35 PM
the consensus strikes again :oldlol:

TheCorporation
06-23-2019, 03:36 PM
the consensus strikes again :oldlol:

TheConsensus :pimp:

jstern
06-23-2019, 03:44 PM
I used to be for Lebron in the Kove vs Lebron debate. But like Bird said, Lebron is his favorite player, but if you want to win, you go with Kobe. Lebron benefited from playing in the weakest conference in sports history. Got lucky in two finals. As great as Lebron is, due to Lebron ball his teams as a whole are not set up to win against the toughest competition. Unless again, some luck is involved.

RRR3
06-23-2019, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=jstern]I used to be for Lebron in the Kove vs Lebron debate. Then the media started talking about LeBron as GOAT and that made me insecure for my hero MJ

TheCorporation
06-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Fixed

Big facts :applause:

jstern
06-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Fixed

I don't say anything that's not true. The media was talking about Lebron being the GOAT going back to 2009. And going on and on about his stats. I also used to go by stats and always had Lebron ahead of Kobe. But I also took into consideration what people like Jeff Van Gundy, Larry Bird used to say about Kobe despite it not adding up in my head. I mean, look at Lebron's numbers, he just needs more help, it seemed logical at the time. Until I finally start seeing how a Kobe Bryant could impact the outcome of games, set up his team to excel, and also seeing how a player putting up monster triple double stats could be doing less of that.

You always have to consider what the majority of players, coaches have to say to understand that there's a bigger picture, and not just go by the more simplistic fan, media members just boiling it down to, "But he shoots 45%." The game is much more than spreadsheets.

Shogon
06-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Hahahahaha @ the last 45 seconds.

Holy shit LOL.

Hahahaha

TheCorporation
06-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Hahahahaha @ the last 45 seconds.

Holy shit LOL.

Hahahaha

Bloodbath :lol

SpaceJammeR
06-23-2019, 05:06 PM
first obama.... now... :roll: :roll: :roll:

superduper
06-23-2019, 08:14 PM
I don't say anything that's not true. The media was talking about Lebron being the GOAT going back to 2009. And going on and on about his stats. I also used to go by stats and always had Lebron ahead of Kobe. But I also took into consideration what people like Jeff Van Gundy, Larry Bird used to say about Kobe despite it not adding up in my head. I mean, look at Lebron's numbers, he just needs more help, it seemed logical at the time. Until I finally start seeing how a Kobe Bryant could impact the outcome of games, set up his team to excel, and also seeing how a player putting up monster triple double stats could be doing less of that.

You always have to consider what the majority of players, coaches have to say to understand that there's a bigger picture, and not just go by the more simplistic fan, media members just boiling it down to, "But he shoots 45%." The game is much more than spreadsheets.

Bodied

LAmbruh
06-23-2019, 08:19 PM
first Game of Zones

now Comedy Central

NOBODY respects Kobrick stains :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJammeR
06-23-2019, 08:23 PM
This is how we treat Kobe stand. 😂😂😂 no wonder they have to troll

RRR3
06-23-2019, 08:31 PM
first Game of Zones

now Comedy Central

NOBODY respects Kobrick stains :roll: :roll: :roll:
GOZ made fun of Kobe stans?

Cleverness
06-23-2019, 08:33 PM
:roll:

LAmbruh
06-23-2019, 08:35 PM
GOZ made fun of Kobe stans?
https://youtu.be/rdr_lE0nzWE?t=171

FKAri
06-23-2019, 08:38 PM
I used to be for Lebron in the Kove vs Lebron debate. But like Bird said, Lebron is his favorite player, but if you want to win, you go with Kobe. Lebron benefited from playing in the weakest conference in sports history. Got lucky in two finals. As great as Lebron is, due to Lebron ball his teams as a whole are not set up to win against the toughest competition. Unless again, some luck is involved.
Maybe you should go back and see what Bird thinks now :oldlol:

RRR3
06-23-2019, 08:41 PM
https://youtu.be/rdr_lE0nzWE?t=171
:roll: :roll: :roll:

So accurate

RRR3
06-23-2019, 08:42 PM
That wouldn

jstern
06-23-2019, 09:56 PM

Go back? What's going to change in terms of Bird's thinking? Back then he said that Lebron is better, one of the GOATs. But if he wants to win he would go with Kobe, if he wants to have fun he would go with Lebron.

Lebron has lost four more times since.

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear in my previous post, so I apologize. But the main point was that people, particularly the more casual fans are so limited in their understanding of what makes any player good. And they simply boil it down to stats.

Not being familiar with the players they won't understand why having a Kobe might lead to more championships under similar circumstances despite having lesser stats.

As time passes and fans become less knowledgeable of the two, Kobe is going to become more disrespected. And Lebron James more overrated due to stats that contribute less than what they show.

It will become more about this number is > than that number, and the things that a Larry Bird, Jeff Van Gundy, and countless other players see, the reality, will mean nothing.

It's much easier to go "This player has X amount of triple doubles," than to go in the ins and outs of their games, and how it directly led to wins.

RRR3
06-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Lmao at Jstern trying to act like he’s some basketball genius when he’s just using the rrrrrrrrangz argument.

sdot_thadon
06-23-2019, 11:14 PM
damn Kobe:oldlol:

Celtics 1825
06-23-2019, 11:29 PM
That was legendary :lol

Every sane person knows that the real GOAT debate is between Jordan and LeBron. Kobe isn't even in the conversation, he sits at the kid's table.

Vino24
06-23-2019, 11:36 PM
LeBron took the GOAT bar from MJ and set it higher :bowdown:

FKAri
06-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Go back? What's going to change in terms of Bird's thinking? Back then he said that Lebron is better, one of the GOATs. But if he wants to win he would go with Kobe, if he wants to have fun he would go with Lebron.

Lebron has lost four more times since.

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear in my previous post, so I apologize. But the main point was that people, particularly the more casual fans are so limited in their understanding of what makes any player good. And they simply boil it down to stats.

Not being familiar with the players they won't understand why having a Kobe might lead to more championships under similar circumstances despite having lesser stats.

As time passes and fans become less knowledgeable of the two, Kobe is going to become more disrespected. And Lebron James more overrated due to stats that contribute less than what they show.

It will become more about this number is > than that number, and the things that a Larry Bird, Jeff Van Gundy, and countless other players see, the reality, will mean nothing.

It's much easier to go "This player has X amount of triple doubles," than to go in the ins and outs of their games, and how it directly led to wins.
The ins and outs is precisely why Lebron is better than Kobe in most people's opinion. To think Kobe is better than Lebron isn't outlandish though. There's respectable guys who have Kobe above Lebron. What's outlandish is you going around proselytizing that stats isn't everything like its some secret knowledge. Just because you once based your entire opinion on stats doesn't mean everyone else is also that idiotic.

jstern
06-24-2019, 04:04 AM
The ins and outs is precisely why Lebron is better than Kobe in most people's opinion. To think Kobe is better than Lebron isn't outlandish though. There's respectable guys who have Kobe above Lebron. What's outlandish is you going around proselytizing that stats isn't everything like its some secret knowledge. Just because you once based your entire opinion on stats doesn't mean everyone else is also that idiotic.

Idiotic? And here I thought you were one of my great admirers. I guess the Kobe subject is a sensitive one, seeing the way you latched out.

What's interesting is the different interpretations that people have when reading the same content. 3RRR says something about me thinking I'm a basketball genius, and you point out my comment on how idiotic I was for giving Lebron the edge over Kobe because he put up better stats.

As far as stats go, I never used stats to determine who the GOAT is. Jordan's 6 for 6 has always been irrelevant to me. To me it has always been the way he performed under pressure.

The way a player steps it up. The way they make things happen. The player's mind. Style of play has always been important also, and that's a reflection of the player's mind.

You have things like the flu game vs Lebron getting visibly disinterested during close out game 6s, letting the other team force a game 7. You have greater determination, focus when things don't go Jordan's way, versus Lebron's listless body language. Or his reaction after the JR Smith blunder.

It's just a different level of dominance that results in constant GOAT level moments. Not a knock on Lebron. I say it

Mr Feeny
06-24-2019, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=jstern]Idiotic? And here I thought you were one of my great admirers. I guess the Kobe subject is a sensitive one, seeing the way you latched out.

What's interesting is the different interpretations that people have when reading the same content. 3RRR says something about me thinking I'm a basketball genius, and you point out my comment on how idiotic I was for giving Lebron the edge over Kobe because he put up better stats.

As far as stats go, I never used stats to determine who the GOAT is. Jordan's 6 for 6 has always been irrelevant to me. To me it has always been the way he performed under pressure.

The way a player steps it up. The way they make things happen. The player's mind. Style of play has always been important also, and that's a reflection of the player's mind.

You have things like the flu game vs Lebron getting visibly disinterested during close out game 6s, letting the other team force a game 7. You have greater determination, focus when things don't go Jordan's way, versus Lebron's listless body language. Or his reaction after the JR Smith blunder.

It's just a different level of dominance that results in constant GOAT level moments. Not a knock on Lebron. I say it

SpaceJammeR
06-24-2019, 08:40 AM
With regards to comparison between Lebron and Kobe's scoring, I think more would look at Lobe's struggles in the big moments (40%fg for his career in finals, 39%of in game 7's with only 21 ppg, 25%fg in the only finals game 7 he played).

Given that Lebron is indisputably a better playmaker, defensive player, rebounder, shot blocker, and floor general (you could conflate that with being a playmaker), the only advantage Kobe would have is in scoring. But he doesnt have one. This would make sense if Kobe averaged a higher career ppg and we start negating fg%,but he doesn't. Lebron isnt just a more prolific scorer. He does it more efficiently.

but the heart test and eye test says otherwise. :lol

FKAri
06-24-2019, 12:38 PM
With regards to comparison between Lebron and Kobe's scoring, I think more would look at Lobe's struggles in the big moments (40%fg for his career in finals, 39%of in game 7's with only 21 ppg, 25%fg in the only finals game 7 he played).

Given that Lebron is indisputably a better playmaker, defensive player, rebounder, shot blocker, and floor general (you could conflate that with being a playmaker), the only advantage Kobe would have is in scoring. But he doesnt have one. This would make sense if Kobe averaged a higher career ppg and we start negating fg%,but he doesn't. Lebron isnt just a more prolific scorer. He does it more efficiently.
Lebron's playmaking opens up his scoring. He's also a better shot finder than Kobe and probably anyone in history but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the better scorer. Because he's such a great shot finder he has, especially early in his career, gotten lost hunting for shots that weren't there. Kobe on the other hand never had that problem. Kobe would get a quick look of what the defensive set up was and go into head down, predictable, "I'm getting a shot up" mode. Kobe had a larger array of scoring moves so just because you knew he was putting it up and even the region on the court he was going to put it up from, didn't mean you knew how he was going to do it. Was he more effective than Lebron? Probably not. But that delusional level of confidence which can lead to bouts of chucking are useful when the best shot available isn't apparent.

egokiller
06-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Kobe making Shaq leave and still winning is greater than any of Lebron’s finals wins. Winning on stacked teams via collusion doesn’t impress. Kobe so good they wouldn’t let cp3 play with him. They let anyone who is willing play with bron.

SpaceJammeR
06-25-2019, 12:33 AM
now we now why kobe fans troll a lot. i would too

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 11:39 AM
now we now why kobe fans troll a lot. i would too

Its hillarious watching them squirm as they try to include their idol - by consensus, ranked around 12-15th all time, in the GOAt debate.

Putting him in the same sentence as a Lebron, Kareem, Jordan, Magic,or Shaq is downright risible:lol

IllegalD
06-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Its hillarious watching them squirm as they try to include their idol - by consensus, ranked around 12-15th all time, in the GOAt debate.

Putting him in the same sentence as a Lebron, Kareem, Jordan, Magic,or Shaq is downright risible:lol

Almost as hilarious as watching insecure f*ggots like yourself still obsess over a player that's been retired for 3 years. Shows how much of a threat he actually is to you and your idol. :banana: :lol

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:41 PM
Almost as hilarious as watching insecure f*ggots like yourself still obsess over a player that's been retired for 3 years. Shows how much of a threat he actually is to you and your idol. :banana: :lol

Sorry pal. My favourite players are firmly lodged in the top 5 all time list. Yours is 12th and falling:lol

TheCorporation
06-25-2019, 01:42 PM
but the heart test and eye test says otherwise. :lol

F.uck the facts! What does your heart say bb? :lol

IllegalD
06-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Sorry pal. My favourite players are firmly lodged in the top 5 all time list. Yours is 12th and falling:lol

Keep telling yourself that.

You spend more time posting about and thinking about a player that's supposedly outside of the Top 10. Doesn't make any logical/psychological sense unless he is that much of a threat to you.

:banana: :cheers: :lol

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

You spend more time posting about and thinking about a player that's supposedly outside of the Top 10. Doesn't make any logical/psychological sense unless he is that much of a threat to you.

:banana: :cheers: :lol

Sorry mate
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/78/cf/1e78cf3a4517fc27e988fe11b80f7dad.jpg

Mr Feeny
06-26-2019, 03:36 AM
Meanwhile, Kobe stans trying to insert him into the discussion with the Lebrons of the world:lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/BZiTL5WX42C1ICWyPe/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
06-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Meanwhile, Kobe stans trying to insert him into the discussion with the Lebrons of the world:lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/BZiTL5WX42C1ICWyPe/giphy.gif

Ouch :lol