PDA

View Full Version : NBA to replace the term of team "Owner" with team "Governor"

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 02:14 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/adam-silver-on-nba-using-governor-in-place-of-owner-title-we-moved-away-from-that-term-years-ago/

According to commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA is continuing to move away from the use of the term "owner" to describe those with controlling interest of teams in favor of the terms "Governor of the team" and "alternate Governor."

The change was made due to concerns that the term "owner" can be viewed as racially insensitive in a league where the vast majority of players are African-American and the majority of owners are Caucasian. While the league itself stopped using the term years ago, individual teams are now starting to follow suit; something Silver was asked about.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

You know, cause LeBron feels oppressed out there as he gets closer to becoming a billion dollar athlete.

SouBeachTalents
06-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Jesus Christ :roll: What will people not get offended by

superduper
06-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Imagine considering this insecure clown your GOAT :oldlol:

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 02:27 PM
How the **** did this generation go from watching South Park to becoming such sensitive ******* offended by everything?

egokiller
06-24-2019, 02:28 PM
What a bunch of snowflake tide pod eating bull$hit.

superduper
06-24-2019, 02:28 PM
How the **** did this generation go from watching South Park to becoming such sensitive ******* offended by everything?

Kids born 1998 and after isn't the same South Park watching generation you're thinking of. That would be more late 80's/early 90's born.

bigkingsfan
06-24-2019, 02:29 PM
And people wanted David Stern to step down.

FKAri
06-24-2019, 02:32 PM
In unrelated news the term "team" is also being replaced with the term "plantation"
Ah. See. Now it makes sense.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2019, 02:33 PM
What a joke

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Hey Yo
06-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Q&A with Kyle Lowery about getting shoved by GS minority owner:

Draymond Green in the past has called for the term "owners" to be done away just because it gives these people this owner mentality, looking at players not as people but as kind of assets. With the incident that took place yesterday, do you think that gives further credence to what he's been saying as far as how maybe owners see athletes just because of the name that they're given?

Yeah, not everyone, not all of them. But certain ones, yes. And I can say for sure that guy makes me feel like that. Mark Stevens, whoever his name is, makes me feel like he's one of those guys. Draymond with that, I remember him saying that. I believe it's true. We call it the Board of Governors, but people in the world would call it the ownership. It should be changed. And a guy like that definitely shows that's what he feels, to me.

In that article the OP posted, where does it say anything about Jordan to make you call him an insecure clown?

SouBeachTalents
06-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Is business owner now no longer acceptable. Do people now have to say they govern their house?

PP34Deuce
06-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Most NBA teams are owned by multiple people. Only a hand few have like 1-2 full majority owners.

Haymaker
06-24-2019, 02:41 PM
They could use the term "Managing Partner" for the majority owner and "Senior Partners" for the minority owners.

PP34Deuce
06-24-2019, 02:42 PM
I'm more curious to think what Grant Hill, Michael Jordan, Sara Blakely, Jeanie Buss, think about the term.

People blame the players but let's see who really cares about owner/governor that owns a majority stake in an NBA team.

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Kids born 1998 and after isn't the same South Park watching generation you're thinking of. That would be more late 80's/early 90's born.

LeBron would have been old enough to watch South Park. Kids born in early 90s wouldnt understand any of it... too young to be watching that kind of stuff anyway.

Im so nba'd out
06-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Imaging calling someone soft because you're offended that they are offended by this....

You make fun of this generation for being overly sensitive.Yet you cry about this little change which means YOU are overly sensitive.

Hey Yo
06-24-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm more curious to think what Grant Hill, Michael Jordan, Sara Blakely, Jeanie Buss, think about the term.

People blame the players but let's see who really cares about owner/governor that owns a majority stake in an NBA team.
As for the feedback from the players, Silver says he's heard from both sides --

"Players have gone both ways. I think a few players have actually spoken out and said the greatest thing that ever happened was when Michael Jordan was able to call himself an owner."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/24/adam-silver-nba-team-term-owner/

thefatmiral
06-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Governor doesn't make sense. Should have used investor.

PP34Deuce
06-24-2019, 02:54 PM
As for the feedback from the players, Silver says he's heard from both sides --

"Players have gone both ways. I think a few players have actually spoken out and said the greatest thing that ever happened was when Michael Jordan was able to call himself an owner."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/24/adam-silver-nba-team-term-owner/

I agree. The stereotype that holds true is the NBA is largely Jewish owners. But then that's every money making industry (Music industry epecially)

I think if there were more progression in minority owners that aren't Jewish, the owner name wouldn't bother some of them as much.

bigkingsfan
06-24-2019, 02:57 PM

It's getting to the point where these NBA players are making/worth more than some of the minority owners.

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 02:57 PM
Michael Jordan worked hard to become one of the first Black owners in Sports all to have that taken away from him in an instant. Now that's racist!

iamgine
06-24-2019, 03:02 PM
Shouldn't the players, especially black players, feel offended by the reasoning? That the NBA think so low of their perceptive ability that they would get offended by the term "team owner"?

n00bie
06-24-2019, 03:02 PM
The league has become so soft it's insane. If someone owns a team they can be called whatever the **** they want to be called. If I owned a business I can call my position King if I wanted to.

superduper
06-24-2019, 03:03 PM
The league has become so soft it's insane. If someone owns a team they can be called whatever the **** they want to be called. If I owned a business I can call my position King if I wanted to.

It's known as the Bran era:

-No shame
-No integrity
-No balls

tpols
06-24-2019, 03:06 PM
I saw that this morning. :oldlol:

Classic brotherhood.

paksat
06-24-2019, 03:22 PM
i'm sure this has everything to do with trump and his right winged cult

oh wait, this is just more leftist and solely leftist stuff :banghead:

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 03:24 PM

Why would a political party have anything to do with how much of a snowflake ***** LeBron is along with his brotherhood?

paksat
Is business owner now no longer acceptable. Do people now have to say they govern their house?

I'm gonna start a part time lawn care business as sole governor :roll:

lefties :roll:

democrats :oldlol:

Dr Seuss
silvers a big walking dead fan from what i remember.

paksat
06-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Why would a political party have anything to do with how much of a snowflake ***** LeBron is along with his brotherhood?

this all started around the beginning of the obama era

it's been cascading ever since then

also l3bron is 100% leftist and I would venture 98% of his friends, relatives.. hell anyone close to him remotely is also leftist. Just connect the dots.

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Imaging calling someone soft because you're offended that they are offended by this....

You make fun of this generation for being overly sensitive.Yet you cry about this little change which means YOU are overly sensitive.

You're an idiot. No ones offended by this. We're making fun of how stupid this is and making fun of the people who support this. And one of those jabronis is LeBitch.

D-Wait
06-24-2019, 03:32 PM
:coleman: :coleman:

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Imagine if this trend continued into other businesses and small businesses.

Customer: "Yes, I'd like to speak to the Governor please."

Store employee: "Of the state? I think he's in like, the Capital, dude."

PP34Deuce
06-24-2019, 03:40 PM
To the people complain Lebron.. I don't think it's Lebron who started this Governor wording.

Lebron has openly said "OWN" he wants to OWN a team.

I think for the NBA to really change this means multiple players have a problem with it. Not just Lebron, Draymond or whoever else you think it is.

paksat
06-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Imagine if this trend continued into other businesses and small businesses.

Customer: "Yes, I'd like to speak to the Governor please."

Store employee: "Of the state? I think he's in like, the Capital, dude."

The Capital? Dude if that's one of the slave states that's where all the plantation owners would be at a lot of times

We need to change the word Capital to "main place"

bison
06-24-2019, 03:55 PM
What a bunch of snowflake tide pod eating bull$hit.

You mean all the dipshit low IQ fragile ego retards in this thread getting furious over a meaningless name change? I agree.

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 03:56 PM
The Capital? Dude if that's one of the slave states that's where all the plantation owners would be at a lot of times

We need to change the word Capital to "main place"

:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-24-2019, 03:58 PM

err?

do you think of LBJ every waking second? Lol

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 04:03 PM

They are OWNERS.

Grow a pair or STFU if you don't like reality.

stalkerforlife
06-24-2019, 04:03 PM
F uck.

Just blow the league up already.

Owners don't need these offended millionaires.

Owners make their fortunes elsewhere and buy teams as a hobby.

TheCorporation
06-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Ah. See. Now it makes sense.

Plantation governors babyyyy

:dancin

coin24
06-24-2019, 04:13 PM
What do these entitles babies know about oppression, racism or slavery??

Handed scholarships, money, fame and had there asses kissed since day one. Real cotton farm slaves rolling over in there graves at these soyboy Obama loving f@ggots that are offended by everything :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
06-24-2019, 04:19 PM
melt some more chewing and bullettooth :oldlol:

HoopologyPhD
06-24-2019, 04:21 PM
What does the Governor of ISH have to say about this?

PistonsFan#21
06-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Bunch of soft dudes in this thread offended over other people being offended :roll:

By the way why is everyone talking about Bran here? Is there a link to his comments on the matter? All i saw is a quote from Adam Silver and Draymond Green

stalkerforlife
06-24-2019, 04:32 PM
Bunch of soft dudes in this thread offended over other people being offended :roll:

By the way why is everyone talking about Bran here? Is there a link to his comments on the matter? All i saw is a quote from Adam Silver and Draymond Green

Because your Bran hates white people.

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 04:34 PM

I don't think you know what 'offended' means.

Im so nba'd out
06-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Because your Bran hates white people.
He has white chefs preparing his family's food.No person who hates a race would ever let that race touch the food they eat + pay them salary when they could easily get someone from their own race to do it.

Proves he's not a racist

I certainly wouldnt let one certain race touch my food.

I don't think you know what 'offended' means.

i dont think you know what it means bud :oldlol:

go google it

bullettooth
06-24-2019, 04:38 PM

go google it

OWNER.

Google it.

Im so nba'd out
06-24-2019, 04:41 PM
OWNER.

Google it.
owner??? Do you mean governor?

LAmbruh
06-24-2019, 04:43 PM
:oldlol:

sdot_thadon
06-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Did I miss an article or something? There's a ton of Lebron replies with no mention of him. You guys really miss him don'tcha?

FKAri
06-24-2019, 05:14 PM
you just governed that ass
:cheers:

dude77
06-24-2019, 05:19 PM
these kind of headlines used to be shit you would find in onion articles .. wtf is going on ?

MrFonzworth
06-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Governer is still kind of pushing it.

It should just be a normal authority term, like boss, or master.

paksat
06-24-2019, 05:25 PM
He has white chefs preparing his family's food.No person who hates a race would ever let that race touch the food they eat + pay them salary when they could easily get someone from their own race to do it.

Proves he's not a racist

I certainly wouldnt let one certain race touch my food.

go google it

I wonder if l3bron has the white chefs refer to him as "owner"

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2019, 05:28 PM
Governors govern. Pretty soon the players will be saying that nobody governs them. So we'll have to change the title again.

If you call him your boss, then there's the old "You ain't the boss of me" saying so that won't work either.

We have to think of something else. We can do better.

PistonsFan#21
06-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Governors govern. Pretty soon the players will be saying that nobody governs them. So we'll have to change the title again.

If you call him your boss, then there's the old "You ain't the boss of me" saying so that won't work either.

Where's the Lebron quote you mentionned in your OP?

ArbitraryWater
06-24-2019, 06:54 PM

:roll: :roll:

brooks_thompson
06-24-2019, 07:00 PM
That's it I'm going back to 1960. **** this shit. Sorry, friends and family, I love you all.

hold this L
06-24-2019, 08:15 PM
This is beyond pathetic.

hold this L
06-24-2019, 08:16 PM
LOL

SouBeachTalents
06-24-2019, 08:28 PM
That's it I'm going back to 1960. **** this shit. Sorry, friends and family, I love you all.
Cool, just hope you're not drafted to fight in Nam. Or are a black guy in the south

PP34Deuce
06-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Other than Dolan, sterling, and Gilbert..what majority NBA owner has been bad?

Cuban grousbeck balmer warriors owners are all pretty lenient and smart guys.

NBA owners are nowhere near as ruthless as NFL owners...those guys treat players like slaves

NBA owners are like the rich white Jewish kids that love black culture and invest in it because it's so cool.

warriorfan
06-24-2019, 10:34 PM
silvers a big walking dead fan from what i remember.

Well he is in every episode

Derka
06-24-2019, 10:39 PM
What a bunch of soggy pantied little children these players are.

stalkerforlife
06-24-2019, 10:50 PM
Other than Dolan, sterling, and Gilbert..what majority NBA owner has been bad?

Cuban grousbeck balmer warriors owners are all pretty lenient and smart guys.

NBA owners are nowhere near as ruthless as NFL owners...those guys treat players like slaves

NBA owners are like the rich white Jewish kids that love black culture and invest in it because it's so cool.

LMFAO @ the NFL being like slavery.

F uck.

This world deserves to end.

tpols
06-24-2019, 11:38 PM

:lol

diversity partner will be next.

TheGreatDeraj
06-24-2019, 11:47 PM
We are in clown world. Honk Honk.

The team owners own the TEAM not the players. A very easy distinction to make, even for someone with low IQ. Owners own the team. It's the correct word.

Governor is not the correct term, it doesn't even make sense. Governors don't own what they govern and most team owners don't even govern the team, they hire someone else to do that.

Draymond is an idiot and Silver a massive ***** for giving in to this insanity.

FKAri
06-24-2019, 11:50 PM
LePalpatine is setting the table for himself to be the owner.

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:33 AM

What is this right wing s!ssy crying about now?
Do trump and any of his right wing nuts do anything other than cry?

clipps
06-25-2019, 04:05 AM
I

Lebowski
06-25-2019, 04:41 AM
I do not really see how this will make a difference, long term. Care to explain, anyone?

Spurs m8
06-25-2019, 05:24 AM
Fvck Me....hahahah You Fvcking Pvssies.....what Is Happening In Your Country? Hhahahhha

Spurs m8
06-25-2019, 05:26 AM
[QUOTE=clipps]I

Uncle Drew
06-25-2019, 05:29 AM
Poor snaggle always bullied.

clipps
06-25-2019, 05:38 AM
They own the team, not the people, you fvcking moron

The

Spurs m8
06-25-2019, 06:37 AM
The “people” play for the team, which the owner owns, dumb****.

No shit, dumb cvnt.

The players choose to play...they have choice.

They also get paid very well.

Does the owner of the company you work for own you? You absolute dumb cvnt hahahahhaha

Hey Yo
06-25-2019, 10:26 AM
LOL @ dumbfvck Drayfag being exposed by Clay Travis.

His twitter bio states that he's the owner of his business.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1143463275205668864

theballerFKA Ace
06-25-2019, 12:12 PM

We are not offended. We are laughing our ass off at all you pussees. :yaohappy:

clipps
06-25-2019, 03:26 PM
No shit, dumb cvnt.

The players choose to play...they have choice.

They also get paid very well.

Does the owner of the company you work for own you? You absolute dumb cvnt hahahahhaha

I

Marchesk
06-25-2019, 03:47 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Prd0k7Mp/governor.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0QgHXXQN/negan.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cCxhPpNd/dany.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0328/grant_g_ironbron_cr_576.jpg

EDIT: Best league EVAH!

Spurs m8
06-25-2019, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=clipps]I

LostCause
06-25-2019, 06:14 PM
This is pretty dumb but the meltdowns over it are just as funny

Marchesk
06-25-2019, 07:28 PM
So having an employment contract they choose to sign means someone owns you?

Wow.

You are actually next level stupid hahahahahahahah

There are some folks to this day who think that all capital should be cooperatively owned and that working for someone else is wage slavery.

But that doesn't have much to do with racial insensitivity and more to do with the robot apocalypse.

90sgoat
06-25-2019, 07:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnxgltxX0AAOflp.jpg:large

Spurs m8
06-25-2019, 10:16 PM
There are some folks to this day who think that all capital should be cooperatively owned and that working for someone else is wage slavery.

But that doesn't have much to do with racial insensitivity and more to do with the robot apocalypse.

true actually hahaha

That cvnt is probably one of those dumb asses...makes sense

Shogon
06-26-2019, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnxgltxX0AAOflp.jpg

Shogon
06-26-2019, 09:11 AM

Soft mother****er in this quote being offended about people being offended over people being offended.

Patrick Chewing
06-26-2019, 09:50 AM
So having an employment contract they choose to sign means someone owns you?

Wow.

You are actually next level stupid hahahahahahahah

I don't think there is one single owner in the NBA who says to their players that they own them. This isn't Hollywood where the villain in the movie shouts down to his subordinate by saying "I own your ass!"

The owners own the team. They own the organization. And usually they own the arena in which they play in. There's a difference.

But NBA players are becoming SJW's right in front of our eyes, it's pathetic.

Bronbron23
06-26-2019, 11:01 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/adam-silver-on-nba-using-governor-in-place-of-owner-title-we-moved-away-from-that-term-years-ago/

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

You know, cause LeBron feels oppressed out there as he gets closer to becoming a billion dollar athlete.
Why do you lossers care about a stupid word change? Y'all are pathetic

Shogon
06-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Why do you care what they care about?

Pathetic.

Patrick Chewing
06-26-2019, 11:28 AM

Because calling an owner a governor now is completely stupid. Stupidity must be called out.

Bronbron23
06-26-2019, 11:37 AM

Pathetic.
I don't care dummy. There the ones complaining about it. Me asking why they care dosnt mean I give a damn. It's just pathetic is all.

Bronbron23
06-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Because calling an owner a governor now is completely stupid. Stupidity must be called out.
Why is it stupid? If the term owner bothers some people especially people in who work for you and you can fix that with a simple word change why does it matter? It's just a word and it has no impact on your lives.

I don't really give a damn about the plight of gay people but ill call them whatever term they want me to call them because it's no sweat off my back and it makes them feel better. You guys actually care and get upset about it. It really is pathetic

paksat
06-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Why is it stupid? If the term owner bothers some people especially people in who work for you and you can fix that with a simple word change why does it matter? It's just a word and it has no impact on your lives.

I don't really give a damn about the plight of gay people but ill call them whatever term they want me to call them because it's no sweat off my back and it makes them feel better. You guys actually care and get upset about it. It really is pathetic

from now on you are to call me "attack helicopter" and not paksat

PistonsFan#21
06-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Pathetic.

Same reason that you care what he cares about :confusedshrug:

Shogon
06-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Same reason that you care what he cares about :confusedshrug:

Why do you care that I care that he cares that they care?

Utter dipshit hypocrite.

PistonsFan#21
06-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Soft mother****er in this quote being offended about people being offended over people being offended.

Im not offended in the least. I didnt make a thread about it commenting about how soft this era is or whatever it is they complain about. You do seem irritated though. Did the term change proposition struck a nerve?

PistonsFan#21
06-26-2019, 12:38 PM
Why do you care that I care that he cares that they care?

Utter dipshit hypocrite.

I guess we both are then :cheers:

Shogon
06-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Im not offended in the least. I didnt make a thread about it commenting about how soft this era is or whatever it is they complain about. You do seem irritated though. Did the term change proposition struck a nerve?

Yes, it did. Pawn level blacks need to know their place. That

Shogon
06-26-2019, 12:47 PM
https://i.redd.it/5ds0zh4mp5w21.jpg

Bronbron23
06-26-2019, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Yes, it did. Pawn level blacks need to know their place. That