PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's New Challenge for Giannis: Winning a Championship.

Naero
06-25-2019, 03:44 AM
Tonight is the time for plaudits for Giannis' MVP, and next season is the time for heightening the goalpost; Kobe, who challenged the newly coronated MVP to win this very award just two years ago, provided both tonight.

"Next up: Championship," Kobe tweeted (https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/1143359309482303488).

As if the ECF letdown and likely championship elusion weren't motivative enough for Giannis' new challenge, Kobe's mentorial words will likely stoke it further. The Lakers legend did thankworthily motivate the reigning MVP to this position, after all, which Giannis wasn't too coy about.

"Definitely Kobe; he is the one that started the flame," Giannis said during his emotional speech.

This new challenge, while not quixotic if last season is any barometer, will obviously entail an even more concerted team effort, and it remains to be seen if the Bucks can preserve, if not bolster, their title-contention chances by re-signing or replacing several valuable players this off-season. But thankfully the most valuable player of not just their team but also the league is sticking around; and if he answers the bells the five-time Lakers champion is ringing, he'll keep his team's title-contention chances with him.

Will be interesting to see the Greek Freak's continued strides this season, and this new challenge certainly won't go unmentioned the more he knocks on the door of the franchise's first modern championship. :rockon:

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 03:54 AM
Tonight is the time for plaudits for Giannis' MVP, and next season is the time for heightening the goalpost; Kobe, who challenged the newly coronated MVP to win this very award just two years ago, provided both tonight.

"Next up: Championship," Kobe tweeted (https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/1143359309482303488).

As if the ECF letdown and likely championship elusion weren't motivative enough for Giannis' new challenge, Kobe's mentorial words will likely stoke it further. The Lakers legend did thankworthily motivate the reigning MVP to this position, after all, which Giannis wasn't too coy about.

"Definitely Kobe; he is the one who started the flame," Giannis said during his emotional speech.

This new challenge, while not quixotic if last season is any barometer, will obviously entail an even more concerted team effort, and it remains to be seen if the Bucks can preserve, if not bolster, their title-contention chances by re-signing or replacing several valuable players this off-season. But thankfully the most valuable player of not just their team but also the league is sticking around; and if he answers the bells the five-time Lakers champion is ringing, he'll keep his team's title-contention chances with him.

Will be interesting to see the Greek Freak's continued strides this season, and this new challenge certainly won't go unmentioned the more he knocks on the door of the franchise's first modern championship. :rockon:

Giannis' challenge was for Kobe to win a title as lead dog while shooting over 50% from the field.

Rudeboy3
06-25-2019, 03:56 AM
Bucks winning it all next season

scuzzy
06-25-2019, 04:05 AM
was wondering what inspired him to blow a 3-1 lead

RealSkipBayless
06-25-2019, 04:10 AM

Simon.. SHUT THE **** UP AND GO TO BED

sportjames23
06-25-2019, 04:12 AM

Didn't the Bucks blow a 2-0 lead in the ECF? Kinda like Lebron blew a 2-0 lead in the 2011 NBA Finals, right?

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Didn't the Bucks blow a 2-0 lead in the ECF? Kinda like Lebron blew a 2-0 lead in the 2011 NBA Finals, right?
Of all the ways you can insult LeBron about that series you fck that up :lol The Heat didn't go up 2-0. the Mavs had that epic comeback in Game 2 to tie the series

TheCorporation
06-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Of all the ways you can insult LeBron about that series you fck that up :lol The Heat didn't go up 2-0. the Mavs had that epic comeback in Game 2 to tie the series

Yep.

They were up 2-1 doe

anyway, only Kobe was graceful enough to blow a 3-1 lead

Oh wait, so was KD. And Curry. :eek:

FKAri
06-25-2019, 12:43 PM
Why is Kobe issuing challenges to superior players?

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:22 PM
Why is Kobe issuing challenges to superior players?

This:lol

stalkerforlife
06-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Giannis' challenge was for Kobe to win a title as lead dog while shooting over 50% from the field.

My challenge to you is stop pretending to be objective to gain credibility when your Bransvestite spots have already been revealed.

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:25 PM
My challenge to you is stop pretending to be objective to gain credibility when your Bransvestite spots have already been revealed.

My challenge for Kobe is to shoot 47% for a season:lol

Wally450
06-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Narrator: The Bucks didn't win a championship.

stalkerforlife
06-25-2019, 01:32 PM
My challenge for Kobe is to shoot 47% for a season:lol

He did.

But even if he didn't, the defensive attention he draws and high IQ basketball elevated his teammates far better than Bran.

Kobe received his doubles and made simple passes that eventually led to open shots. (During years he had an opportunity to win) Keeping players involved makes them work harder on both ends.

I admit he chucked when he was on teams that had zero chance to win a title.

Pounding the rock and waiting for bailout assists only works with super teams and NBA meddling.

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:35 PM
He did.

But even if he didn't, the defensive attention he draws and high IQ basketball elevated his teammates far better than Bran.

Kobe received his doubles and made simple passes that eventually led to open shots. (During years he had an opportunity to win) Keeping players involved makes them work harder on both ends.

I admit he chucked when he was on teams that had zero chance to win a title.

Pounding the rock and waiting for bailout assists only works with super teams and NBA meddling.

When did he do that? Show me. Which season?

scuzzy
06-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Kobe coattailing off NBA's hottest commodity is nothing new

Remember his 2018 challenges to DeFrozan and Isaiah? :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/vTvmt2x1/fghkfkfjk.png

Desperately attaches his name to a rising star each season to keep his face relevant. (last season Tatum)

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:39 PM

Desperately attaches his name to a rising star each season to keep his face relevant. (last season Tatum)

This is a 40% finals scorer. The bigger the stage, the worse he choked? Who is he to think he should be giving people advice?:lol

Gus Hemmingway
06-25-2019, 01:41 PM

LMAO

Brickbe slowly becoming the worst mentor in the league

Kyrie has become a franchise wrecking ball from Mamba Mentality guidance :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Anyone remember Kobe wanting to teach Lebron how to win?:oldlol:
Lebron is firmly in the top 3 all time list. Kobe is looking up 10 spots below and that gap is increasing as Kobe keeps falling:banana:

stalkerforlife
06-25-2019, 01:45 PM
When did he do that? Show me. Which season?

Close enough.

But raw FG% is dumb; doesn't consider free throws or threes.

The difference between 50% and 47% is 0.3 shots per 10 attempts.

Oooooh!

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 01:48 PM

Close enough.

But raw FG% is dumb; doesn't consider free throws or threes.

The difference between 50% and 47% is 0.3 shots per 10 attempts.

Oooooh!

Yeah but everyone takes threes, to be fair. Lebron averages more threes a game (fractionally) than Kobe, and still has a much higher field goal percentage.

You might think its nitpicking but why is nearly every great wing able to hit around 50% at some point except for Kobe. Why is his finals fg% dramatically worse than any all time great since the merger?

scuzzy
06-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Anyone remember Kobe wanting to teach Lebron how to win?:oldlol:
Lebron is firmly in the top 3 all time list. Kobe is looking up 10 spots below and that gap is increasing as Kobe keeps falling:banana:
:oldlol:

My favorite was when he joined 2008 Team USA in his prime only to get outplayed by 23yo Lebron and Dwade all tournament

https://i.postimg.cc/VNLM2MW0/ghkghkghjk.png

To no surprise, most shots though :lol :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2019, 02:10 PM

My favorite was when he joined 2008 Team USA in his prime only to get outplayed by 23yo Lebron and Dwade all tournament

To no surprise, most shots though :lol
Kobe took 30-40 more shots than LeBron & Wade and still scored less points than them :oldlol:

Are those free throw percentages accurate though?

Wade: 63%
LeBron: 46% :biggums:
Kobe: 58% :biggums:

scuzzy
06-25-2019, 02:15 PM
Kobe took 30-40 more shots than LeBron & Wade and still scored less points than them :oldlol:

Are those free throw percentages accurate though?

Wade: 63%
LeBron: 46% :biggums:
Kobe: 58% :biggums:
yea they're accurate

Free throws get warped in FIBA tourney's because the lighter WNBA like ball and screws FT muscle memory

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 02:15 PM

To no surprise, most shots though :lol :confusedshrug:

That stat sheet:oldlol:
Awful by Kobe.

Wade and Lebron were tournament mvps in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, respectively.

FKAri
06-25-2019, 02:49 PM
Giannis' New Challenge for Kobe: Fathering a Son.

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2019, 02:52 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/aa5fc26763be8893953b44f8bf0f799e/tenor.gif

coin24
06-25-2019, 03:12 PM

Our challenge is for you to stop replying to yourself, go outside and lose your virginity

Mr Feeny
06-25-2019, 03:55 PM

:bowdown:

Naero
07-21-2021, 01:26 AM
Challenge fulfilled just two years later. :applause:

It genuinely hurts that Mentorbe couldn't witness this. :(