PDA

View Full Version : Emails unearthed show Laker ownership thoughts on Clippers leaving Staples.

Kblaze8855
06-26-2019, 02:40 PM
As the LA Clippers continue their push in securing a new home in Inglewood, the Lakers and the MSG Company have been much more engaged in blocking this deal then focusing on the current state of their franchise.

Back in 2017, the LA Clippers were going to formally propose a new arena in Inglewood, right across the street of the future home of the Chargers and Rams.

But in new emails released today via the LA Times and Nathan Fenno, the Lakers looked into sabotaging Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer and move back to Inglewood before he could.

The three members that were involved in these emails were business mogul Irving Azoff, Lakers Owner Jeanie Buss, and top advisor Linda Rambis.

The plan brought up by Azoff was to rebuild the Forum and have the Lakers move back in along with hosting concerts.

Azoff, Jeanie and Rambis each took jabs at both the Clippers franchise, who currently have a better record, and at Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer, the richest owner in all 4 major sports.

In the emails, they referred to Ballmer as

scuzzy
06-26-2019, 02:46 PM
dem Jeanie leaked nudes doe

op plz

coin24
06-26-2019, 03:11 PM
The clippers are a f*cking joke. They should be relocated and have there own arena now. Playing in the same building is pathetic

Bosnian Sajo
06-26-2019, 03:14 PM
The clippers are a f*cking joke. They should be relocated and have there own arena now. Playing in the same building is pathetic

Uhm...that's exactly what they are trying to do...Hello?

btw jokester, it's "their" not "there".

Kblaze8855
06-26-2019, 03:22 PM

You know the Lakers don

clipps
06-26-2019, 05:21 PM
All these years of

smoovegittar
06-26-2019, 05:24 PM
It's about damn time. Clippers are the better team; best to shake off that Rambis stench and move the hell out. :applause:

coin24
06-26-2019, 05:56 PM
:lol yeah no idea what Jeanie is thinking here, let's be honest she's a moron.

eliteballer
06-26-2019, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You know the Lakers don

Kblaze8855
06-26-2019, 06:52 PM
AEG was itself for sale in 2012 asking like 10 billion but didnt get it. Be funny if Ballmer just drops 15 and takes it to be a dick. Hed have to give up any laker ownership position like he did with the Blazers when he bought the Clippers...but he could do it comfortably.

Charlie Sheen
06-26-2019, 06:58 PM
All these years of “get your own arena” and now Jeanie’s trying to put a stop to the Clippers moving on? She should focus on keeping her franchise from burning to the ground.

Bold nailed it. All that talk about Los Angeles being a Lakers town. It won't change overnight, but you can see them losing a share of the market. Ballmer put on a grassroots campaign doing stuff like resurfacing courts all across the city. They getting in with the next generation of NBA fan.

Meanwhile the Lakers raised ticket prices after 5 losing seasons because Lebron arrived and everyone forecasting another huge jump for next season because of AD. They took their road games off free tv several years ago. Basically treating their fans like customers.

eliteballer
06-26-2019, 07:00 PM
Bold nailed it. All that talk about Los Angeles being a Lakers town. It won't change overnight, but you can see them losing a share of the market. Ballmer put on a grassroots campaign doing stuff like resurfacing courts all across the city. They getting in with the next generation of NBA fan.

Meanwhile the Lakers raised ticket prices after 5 losing seasons because Lebron arrived and everyone forecasting another huge jump for next season because of AD. They took their road games off free tv several years ago. Basically treating their fans like customers.

That's exactly what fans are.

You do know the NBA is a business right?

Pro sports is a for profit, entertainment business.

Pro sports teams/leagues aren't some benevolent civic institutions like they pretend to be.

bladefd
06-26-2019, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You know the Lakers don

Charlie Sheen
06-26-2019, 07:15 PM
That's exactly what fans are.

You do know the NBA is a business right?

Pro sports is a for profit, entertainment business.

Pro sports teams/leagues aren't some benevolent civic institutions like they pretend to be.

I get it. Fans are customers. It was a contrast to the Clippers though and their work in the community. Just my opinion but Lakers used to be more visible and involved as a franchise.

eliteballer
06-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Lakers should revamp the old Coliseum.. No idea why they left the Coliseum in the first place :confusedshrug:

The forum is like a shack compared to Staples.

fourkicks44
06-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Here is the dialogue shared between both Azoff and Buss:

Jeanie Buss: They are all crazy, this is a joke. Why would Adam (Silver) let this happen?

Irving Azoff: He has no vote unfortunately, it will be a long legal fight.

This is the most disturbing and disgusting part of the dialogue.

Why is Silver anti Clippers? Is he in the Lakers' pocket?

Buss expecting Silver to use his power to favor the Lakers?

Azoff alluding to if Silver had the power he would do what he could to f(ck the Clippers over for them?

Silver is a snake, this takes it to another level. What the actual f(ck.....

qrich
06-26-2019, 10:38 PM

Why don't the Lakers?

AEG was itself for sale in 2012 asking like 10 billion but didnt get it. Be funny if Ballmer just drops 15 and takes it to be a dick. Hed have to give up any laker ownership position like he did with the Blazers when he bought the Clippers...but he could do it comfortably.

It was speculated that when, or a little after, Ballmer actually attempted to purchase Staples from AEG

clipps
06-27-2019, 03:58 AM

It

dunksby
06-27-2019, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]

Here is the dialogue shared between both Azoff and Buss:

Jeanie Buss: They are all crazy, this is a joke. Why would Adam (Silver) let this happen?

Irving Azoff: He has no vote unfortunately, it will be a long legal fight.

[B]Jeanie Buss: Didn

bladefd
06-27-2019, 03:23 PM
No wonder Lakers have turned into a joke.

Not for long, dunksby! Winning days are back :cheers:

dunksby
06-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Not for long, dunksby! Winning days are back :cheers:
Hopefully, playoffs are more exciting with Lakers and LeBron.

Kblaze8855
07-26-2019, 05:48 PM
"Ballz" isnt playing:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27259348/clippers-unveil-renderings-proposed-arena

The Clippers' proposed new home would come complete with corporate headquarters, a team training facility designed down to the detail of how many paces it takes a player to walk from the parking lot to the locker room to the home bench, a sports medicine clinic, community courts, and an area with a giant big screen for fans to watch games outside, a la Toronto's Jurassic Park -- all located on 26 acres in Inglewood, California.

It will have to overcome the hurdle of a lawsuit filed by Madison Square Garden, which owns The Forum in Inglewood, but Ballmer is confident that the project -- which will be privately financed -- will get built.

Clippers owner Steve Ballmer plans to have a state-of-the-art, 18,500-seat arena built in Inglewood, California, by 2024. LA Clippers
The new basketball palace will have some diamond-shaped metal -- including solar panels -- on top of a building designed to look like a basketball with the Clippers' logo going through a net. Ballmer visited 13 to 15 NBA arenas and facilities, including those of Milwaukee, Detroit, Indiana, Charlotte, Utah, Portland, Dallas and San Antonio, as well as the University of Oregon, in hopes of finding inspiration for what he wants his arena to look and feel like.

"I want it to be beautiful," Ballmer told ESPN. "But I want it to be about basketball. I want it to be comfortable. But I want it to be about basketball."

"Being in L.A., the free-agency thing will always be a little more important to us," Ballmer later added. "That means we got to invest in the players' experience."

EDITOR'S PICKS

Clips' George: 'Destiny' to team up with Kawhi

Bucks, Clippers top Caesars' season-win totals

Kawhi and Paul George present a second chance for Doc Rivers
For fans and players, Ballmer wants it to sound and feel like a college basketball arena, complete with a deafening home-court advantage. On one end of the court, behind the basket, Ballmer wants stands that go from the bottom to the top, without any suites or tiers, to simulate something like a student section in a college fieldhouse.

He calls it "the wall of sound."

"I want it to be a noisy building," said Ballmer, who is concerned about every comfort and detail down to how many toilets the arena will have. "I really want that kind of energy; think Oracle [Arena] has been that way, Utah, Portland has got good energy. I think our Clipper fan base is a little more tenacious. They're people [who have] decided they're sticking with us, and now I think we will get new kinds of fans with Paul and Kawhi joining us, but I think it is a hard-core fan base. I think that we can get real noise, real energy in the building."

During the Clippers' free-agency meeting with Leonard, Ballmer showed a couple of renderings of the arena design to the reigning NBA Finals MVP. Leonard asked whether the new arena will really happen.

"This is really going to happen," Ballmer said he told Leonard. "Obviously we have to go through the process ... the lawsuits that Madison Square Garden has brought, but we are feeling confident that we can build our stadium in Inglewood."

x

Kblaze8855
07-26-2019, 05:50 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/9hi6hf.jpg

kentatm
07-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Why don't the Lakers?

Hmm... putting on my consp... detective hat....

Jeanie can't afford to build a new arena on her own, she doesn't see the city of LA being willing to help foot the bill if Ballmer builds one on his own dime, and she doesn't want to give up any power to her brother or the wealthy Lakers minority owners for the help she would need to build a facility that could compete with what the Clippers want to build. The only way for the Lakers to get the new facility she wants w/o any loss of power is for the city of LA to nix any Ballmer solo plans in order to force both teams to work together on a shared arena. Even though they are the more valuable team with all the history the Lakers under Jeanie Buss have traded places with the Clippers as the parasitic leech in the LA basketball totem pole. :lol

tpols
07-26-2019, 06:45 PM
this is why you dont trust a woman to do a man's job.

PickernRoller
07-26-2019, 09:20 PM
Do I have to make another thread or petition asking for Jeanie to sell the team?

When will this torture end?

fourkicks44
07-26-2019, 09:30 PM
It will have to overcome the hurdle of a lawsuit filed by Madison Square Garden, which owns The Forum in Inglewood, but Ballmer is confident that the project -- which will be privately financed -- will get built.

The most insurmountable object of all....

Dolan

:roll: