Marikina
06-26-2019, 11:04 PM
https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1143987591328362496?s=19

Vino24
06-26-2019, 11:05 PM
Boom :eek:

Mask the Embiid
06-26-2019, 11:07 PM
I never defend the 90's but if jason kidd can lock up kobe and cp3 lock up kd anything is possible :roll:

I dont see why pippen couldnt lock up a devin booker...

1987_Lakers
06-26-2019, 11:08 PM
Damn, Arenas did his research on basketballreference to get the weights correct. :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
06-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Arenas can sound smart and dumb in the same sentence lol.

scuzzy
06-26-2019, 11:14 PM
:yaohappy:

LostCause
06-26-2019, 11:42 PM
He had a point about teams just having players foul players they couldn’t stop, but his point about Rodman and Pippen was incredibly dumb

Let’s Late career Rodman frequently matched up with bigs, including Shaq. Pippen could pretty much guard anyone outside of bigs. You can tell he was just trying to throw shade at those 2 players specifically, as the points were incredibly weak

LoneyROY7
06-26-2019, 11:50 PM
No Chill Gil got MJ stans on ice skates. :oldlol: :oldlol:

:dancin

jstern
06-27-2019, 12:32 AM
Damn, Arenas did his research on basketballreference to get the weights correct. :oldlol:

That's also his rookie weight. For example in 1994 he weight 225.

https://images.solecollector.com/complex/image/upload/ma5ephsfi1an1hrvzv7b.jpg

The guy is saying that Pippen wouldn't be any good today, not based on style of play, technique's etc, but because he saw 210 on his basketball reference.

I'm surprised he's not in a wheelchair.

That's almost as dumb as 30 years from now saying that Durant wasn't any good because a new born today doesn't know JR Smith's backup.

NBAGOAT
06-27-2019, 12:44 AM
FYI Rodman is supposedly 220 during bulls years

FreezingTsmoove
06-27-2019, 01:23 AM
No offense but what do either of these two clowns know about defense or elite levels of play? Two career ****ing losers who havent accomplished SHIT in the playoffs, Just two regular season warriors talking shit. Honestly they arent qualified to talk about the greats of the game, they never played basketball at the highest level. We watched Draymond Green run wild on Lou and his squad and this chipmunk has the nerve to talk down on Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen... guys who were locking up Karl Malone, and Shaq who would be the two biggest guys in todays league

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 01:30 AM
"Imagine dropping LeBron in '75. 15 straight championships." -Lou

:eek:

Marchesk
06-27-2019, 01:46 AM

:eek:

Yeah, because Kareem won 15 straight from 75 to the end of the 80s.

SpaceJam
06-27-2019, 03:19 AM
Yeah, because Kareem won 15 straight from 75 to the end of the 80s.

Kareem 225, that little guy

Throw BBB (BIG BOY BRON) in the 70's, woah.

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 04:00 AM
Kareem 225, that little guy

Throw BBB (BIG BOY BRON) in the 70's, woah.

Big time
Big boy
Big bron

G0ATbe
06-27-2019, 04:57 AM
With the old heads starting up again with the mJ wOuLd aVg 100PpG tOdaY its refreshing to see some guys who grew up watching 90s ball actually tell the truth. Nobody from back then would be better today. And their defense might suffer even more than their offense.

SpaceJam
06-27-2019, 05:00 AM
With the old heads starting up again with the mJ wOuLd aVg 100PpG tOdaY its refreshing to see some guys who grew up watching 90s ball actually tell the truth. Nobody from back then would be better today. And their defense might suffer even more than their offense.

What I love most about it is guys like Gilbert who obviously was watching during that era tell you this, and some kid born in 99 trying to tell everyone that Arenas is wrong :roll:

Micku
06-27-2019, 05:01 AM
I love the end. Areans said that they 90s players say players today flop too much. This dude said, no, that's the skill.

Hahahaha!!

He ain't wrong tho.

Elosha
06-27-2019, 05:10 AM
Gilbert Arenas talks shit non-stop about every era. The dude was very talented, but he's a stone-cold loser. Great free throw shooter and got psyched out in the playoffs against LeBron and missed two that would have won the game. Other than his one gw against Chicago in the playoffs, he choked time and time again.

For this talented loser to talk smack against anyone has about as much usefulness as a wet paper bag. Just a little dog yapping at the big dogs now that he's retired and he knows no one can kick his ass anymore. He's a complete moron and should have no credibility no matter who he criticizes. :rolleyes:

sportjames23
06-27-2019, 05:11 AM
Gilbert Arenas talks shit non-stop about every era. The dude was very talented, but he's a stone-cold loser. Great free throw shooter and got psyched out in the playoffs against LeBron and missed two that would have won the game. Other than his one gw against Chicago in the playoffs, he choked time and time again.

For this talented loser to talk smack against anyone has about as much usefulness as a wet paper bag. Just a little dog yapping at the big dogs now that he's retired and he knows no one can kick his ass anymore. He's a complete moron and should have no credibility no matter who he criticizes. :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Hey Yo
06-27-2019, 06:59 AM

Translation

"please love my 90's expansion, watered down era"

LostCause
06-27-2019, 07:03 AM
Nobody from back then would be better today. And their defense might suffer even more than their offense.

There’s a bit of truth to the 2nd part of this

But the bolded part is probably the dumbest thing said in the thread so far

Elosha
06-27-2019, 07:35 AM
Translation

"please love my 90's expansion, watered down era"

Translation: Gilbert Arenas is a dumbass. You two have a lot in common. :cheers:

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 07:37 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e4/2e/57/e42e57e6b9faf1cb2e983ab62465b577.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/78/b0/e978b049212ec114d0690127a39a6fd4.jpg

So...Dennis Rodman could do credible jobs defending players like this.........but he's too little for today's game?

I don't know where they got the weight for Scottie, but Scottie was a good 225 at his peak. Listed at an inch taller than Kawhi, and more athletic. But he's too small for today's game. OK.

It's like the ability to just.....make a reasonable point has to give way to these shitty extreme views on either side. Yes, Scottie wouldn't be able to play the same defense in 2019 that he did in 1995, but are we saying he couldn't adapt? There's not even much point to using the term 'all time' great if you're just gonna shit on every generation of player. I mean what happens in 2040 when the next group of 20 year olds are arguing that Kawhi was shit, or Lebron, or Giannis? That the 2010's was a shit era. It's gonna happen.This whole 'piss on the last generation' schtick is beyond tired at this point.

Scottie Pippen was basically Kawhi's size and more athletic. How is he 'too' little for today's game?

RIP CITY
06-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Why would anyone listen to what Gilbert Freaking Arenas has to say? During his playing days he showed time and time again that his basketball IQ is basically non-existent. And the last thing he should be talking about is defense, since he never played any.

scuzzy
06-27-2019, 07:50 AM
LOL @ MJ stans scrambling to shame Arena's

Last week that were dry humping Dennis Rodman for saying MJ could average 50

yikes :oldlol:

bullettooth
06-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Those retards called flopping a skill.

Elosha
06-27-2019, 07:55 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e4/2e/57/e42e57e6b9faf1cb2e983ab62465b577.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/78/b0/e978b049212ec114d0690127a39a6fd4.jpg

So...Dennis Rodman could do credible jobs defending players like this.........but he's too little for today's game?

I don't know where they got the weight for Scottie, but Scottie was a good 225 at his peak. Listed at an inch taller than Kawhi, and more athletic. But he's too small for today's game. OK.

It's like the ability to just.....make a reasonable point has to give way to these shitty extreme views on either side. Yes, Scottie wouldn't be able to play the same defense in 2019 that he did in 1995, but are we saying he couldn't adapt? There's not even much point to using the term 'all time' great if you're just gonna shit on every generation of player. I mean what happens in 2040 when the next group of 20 year olds are arguing that Kawhi was shit, or Lebron, or Giannis? That the 2010's was a shit era. It's gonna happen.This whole 'piss on the last generation' schtick is beyond tired at this point.

Scottie Pippen was basically Kawhi's size and more athletic. How is he 'too' little for today's game?

Great point. And I will just say, he wasn't just more athletic than guys like Kawhi, he was WAY more athletic. Pippen was in the same mold as Jordan in that he could sky off one foot or two feet. He could get rim level or very close either way. Plus his arms were incredibly long. He was basically as good a leaper as young LeBron off one foot, and a significantly better leaper than him off two feet. And in the open court, he was one of the fastest players I've ever seen. He was quick, although not nearly as quick as a Jordan or a Kobe, and I think even a young Lebron may have been a little quicker with the first step. But his all around athleticism was incredible, and he was also far stronger than space cadet Arenas could ever know.

So yes, he could easily play in this era or any era, and excel.

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 07:58 AM
LOL @ MJ stans scrambling to shame Arena's

Last week that were dry humping Dennis Rodman for saying MJ could average 50

yikes :oldlol:

By the time your balls drop, some 10 year old is gonna go up on youtube and say that your hero was shit, then create 20 alts on some shitty message board to troll the hell outta you. Don't worry, your turn is coming babyboi.

Manny98
06-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Great point. And I will just say, he wasn't just more athletic than guys like Kawhi, he was WAY more athletic. Pippen was in the same mold as Jordan in that he could sky off one foot or two feet. He could get rim level or very close either way. Plus his arms were incredibly long. He was basically as good a leaper as young LeBron off one foot, and a significantly better leaper than him off two feet. And in the open court, he was one of the fastest players I've ever seen. He was quick, although not nearly as quick as a Jordan or a Kobe, and I think even a young Lebron may have been a little quicker with the first step. But his all around athleticism was incredible, and he was also far stronger than space cadet Arenas could ever know.

Agreed Pippen was that good in his prime

scuzzy
06-27-2019, 08:02 AM
By the time your balls drop, some 10 year old is gonna go up on youtube and say that your hero was shit, then create 20 alts on some shitty message board to troll the hell outta you. Don't worry, your turn is coming babyboi.
aw I struck a nerve, poor little guy

atleast you don't have to hide in the closet anymore lil MJ stangirl, since you just openly categorized yourself as one :oldlol:

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 08:06 AM

I'm just wondering who, at the small forward position, is he arguing Scottie would be too little to guard. Lebron's size and athleticism would be a challenge, but his first step isn't that elite so I could see Scottie staying in front of him fine in a half-court setting. Durant's height would be a problem for anybody, pretty much every small forward today is 'too little' to guard him from a height POV. He'd see some time on Giannis....and we just saw that he couldn't leverage his height against Kawhi when the Raptors went to that defensive matchup. Otherwise, what other SF playing today is 'too big' for him? Paul George lists at 6'9 and 220. Kawhi is 6'7 and 230. Butler is 6'8 and 230. Middleton is 6'8 and 220. Like.....who is he talking about asides from a couple of outlier cases like Lebron and Durant??

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 08:08 AM

atleast you don't have to hide in the closet anymore lil MJ stangirl, since you just openly categorized yourself as one :oldlol:

If only you were that important babyboi. This is when you know MJ lives rent free in your head, since I made no reference to him nor did anything I said refer or infer anything directly about him.

I respect the game, I'm a fan of the game, and I'm a fan of a number of players. Not stanning a single player in mama's basement on 50 alts like your useless waste of sperm ass. Also thanks for confirming that you are exactly as described since you didn't deny it, some little shrimp dicked cuck waiting for your nuts to drop and grow some hair.

LAmbruh
06-27-2019, 08:15 AM

ouch :roll:

andgar923
06-27-2019, 08:20 AM
Don

andgar923
06-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Hell

Curry was giving Bron all sorts of issues

Showtime80'
06-27-2019, 08:26 AM
LOL at Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen being 210 pounds in the 90's, specially the last 3-peat!!! If that were true then Gilbert Arenas is 6'3 190, he would get broken in half in the 90's!

Gilbert Arenas loves this era of basketball because it is basically the rule enhanced bastard child of his low percentage chucking style (42% FG for his career) while shooting a sh!t ton of 3's way back in the early to mid 2000's!!!

He's the reason why the eFG% stat is the biggest joke of a criteria to help enhance the modern players 3 point chucking style. Everyone and their mother knows Arenas was an inneficient chucker who shot 42% FG for his career but he gets rewarded with a 48% eFG because he put up a ton 3 pointers, LOL!!!

Everybody in the world regards the 80's-90's as the greatest period in NBA history while almost universally recognize the 2000's as being the most pathetic era (post MJ) in league history. Guess which era this overrated chucking scrub belongs to?

Gus Hemmingway
06-27-2019, 08:27 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/GV3aYiEP8qbao/giphy.gif

Gus Hemmingway
06-27-2019, 08:28 AM
No Chill Gil got MJ stans on ice skates. :oldlol: :oldlol:

:dancin
ruining childhoods one liter of piss at a time :roll:

GimmeThat
06-27-2019, 08:31 AM
I could trash on the idea of the position Center in football is the same as basketball

but, but, what if the Center on my football team wasn't just a sumo wrestler and could catch the ball to open up my screen plays

I suppose in soccer, you take the guy with the exceptional learning curve

Gus Hemmingway
06-27-2019, 09:34 AM
bump

egokiller
06-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Hell

Curry was giving Bron all sorts of issues

Bron got shitted on by JJ Berea and Jason Terry.

MJ would drop 50+ in today's game. :applause:

Got them lestans absolutely seething over this. :lol

Showtime80'
06-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Here's a 6'1 200 pound unathletic 40 y/o John Stockton schooling Gilbert "sh!t for brains" Arenas and the Warriors back in 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_tcfiFupM

You're welcome!

egokiller
06-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Here's a 6'1 200 pound unathletic 40 y/o John Stockton schooling Gilbert "sh!t for brains" Arenas and the Warriors back in 2002:

You're welcome!

:roll:

More proof that gilbert has no idea what he's talking about.

We did it boys!

Another one!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Turbo Slayer
06-27-2019, 10:27 AM
He has no say in that conversation. How about Rodman shutting down Shaq in his prime. 90's defense wasn't trash. It was physical. Rodman would easily defend any player in this modern-day era.

Gilbert Arenas has no say because he choked his free-throws versus Lebron after Lebron said his deadly words.

sportjames23
06-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Don’t wanna hear anyone talking about size when Beverly was locking KD up and giving him tons of issues.

Not to mention Chris Paul locking his ass up when CP was with the Clippers and KD was with the Thunder.

egokiller
06-27-2019, 10:43 AM
He has no say in that conversation. How about Rodman shutting down Shaq in his prime. 90's defense wasn't trash. It was physical. Rodman would easily defend any player in this modern-day era.

Gilbert Arenas has no say because he choked his free-throws versus Lebron after Lebron said his deadly words.

I remember that game. It was like:

https://media.giphy.com/media/OOk8lcWaFqDZybIDLO/giphy.gif

sportjames23
06-27-2019, 10:43 AM

You're welcome!

GOT.

superduper
06-27-2019, 11:29 AM

You're welcome!

Someone should honestly tweet this at him to see his stupid ass get clowned

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Ouch :lol

MJ stans are SHOOOOOOOOK

Bronbron23
06-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Hahaha y'all using one of the dumbest guys ever to prove a point :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-27-2019, 12:51 PM

When did that happen?

Bronbron23
06-27-2019, 12:56 PM
Oh and the weight Gilbert used was pips rookie weight. pip in his prime was yoked. He was as tall and heavier than than kawhi, pg and Klay who are the best bigger perimeter defenders this year. Gilbert is talking out his ass and is a proven an idiot and so is anyone who uses him as a reference

SomeBlackDude
06-27-2019, 12:59 PM
When did that happen?

no one ever "shut down" shaq in his prime, that was virtually impossible to do.

but the worm did play as effective defense (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZn8epqnKo) as one could on the mde.

little guy. :lol

Gilbert is talking out his ass and is a proven an idiot and so is anyone who uses him as a reference

this.

choose your sauces better to try to advance your pathetic agendas. gilbert 'yosemite gil' arenas is just about the worst choice you could pick for that purpose. no bigger clown has ever graced the nba hardwood.

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 01:01 PM
Oh and the weight Gilbert used was pips rookie weight. pip in his prime was yoked. He was as tall and heavier than than kawhi, pg and Klay who are the best bigger perimeter defenders this year. Gilbert is talking out his ass and is a proven an idiot and so is anyone who uses him as a reference

Pip heavier than Kawhi?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_njXP7UQAAiV4G.jpg

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/775/014/85b2321a920459c88abc00a898767960_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Bye

Bronbron23
06-27-2019, 01:57 PM
Pip heavier than Kawhi?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_njXP7UQAAiV4G.jpg

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/775/014/85b2321a920459c88abc00a898767960_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Bye
Ok my bad kawhi weighs 229 and pip weighed 228 in his prime. Theyre pretty much identical in size and body type. Pip would be the best perimeter defender in the game right now. He's as long as kawhi but way more athletic.

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 02:01 PM
http://history.bulls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/1998-06-05-Gm-2-v-UT-1998-NBA-Finals-Scottie-Pippen-dunk-NBAE-Nathaniel-S-Butler-533x800.jpg

Are we saying Scottie didn't have the ideal height, weight and physique of a modern small forward? Dude was a solid 225-230 and ripped. He also wasn't a brittle player like Kawhi appears to be, so what weight has to do with all this, I don't know. He was a pretty healthy player through his early 30's.

SomeBlackDude
06-27-2019, 04:53 PM
http://history.bulls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/1998-06-05-Gm-2-v-UT-1998-NBA-Finals-Scottie-Pippen-dunk-NBAE-Nathaniel-S-Butler-533x800.jpg

Are we saying Scottie didn't have the ideal height, weight and physique of a modern small forward? Dude was a solid 225-230 and ripped. He also wasn't a brittle player like Kawhi appears to be, so what weight has to do with all this, I don't know. He was a pretty healthy player through his early 30's.

too small (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk) :(

bigkingsfan
06-27-2019, 05:05 PM
Pip was definitely huge below the waist.

paksat
06-27-2019, 05:23 PM
arenas is a pure know it all

he's very intelligent, and sometimes very very stupid

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2019, 05:25 PM
lmao

and lou gave Bron the biggest shotout

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 05:30 PM
lmao

and lou gave Bron the biggest shotout

:bowdown: :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2019, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Don

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2019, 05:34 PM

show him shooting a FT for the apple to apple comp, not extending and flexing muscles on a dunk :facepalm

Showtime80'
06-27-2019, 05:58 PM
LOL, Scottie became an ALL TIME defender going up against creative all around offensive players like Bird, Magic, Wilkins, Penny, Hill etc...

You think he would have trouble with Kawhi's robotic one dimensional stiff game with shaky passing and dribbling?!?!?!?

Nope.

LostCause
06-27-2019, 06:21 PM
show him shooting a FT for the apple to apple comp, not extending and flexing muscles on a dunk :facepalm

So you

ArbitraryWater
06-27-2019, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=LostCause]So you

Phoenix
06-27-2019, 06:25 PM

I really don't need to, because there's 1000 pictures out there rendering the idea that he was too small for modern ball an extremely retarded hot-take. Frankly what I've already presented is more effort than the topic warrants.

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 06:29 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown:

MJ stans shook

Thots?

scuzzy
06-27-2019, 06:38 PM
Its easy to spot the closet MJ stangirls ala Lost Cause, Phoenix, Showtime, etc

same characters who only pop up in threads when MJ or his era gets criticized, every. single. time.

never do they wander outside that genre unless their precious childhood gets targeted

Its adorable :oldlol:

TheCorporation
06-27-2019, 06:40 PM

same characters who only pop up in threads when MJ or his era gets criticized, every. single. time.

never do they wander outside that genre unless their precious childhood gets targeted

Groupies ready to spread their legs for Jordan at all costs, thread-by-thread :lol

eliteballer
06-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Scottie's too small.

https://bfa.com/home/photo/2596805?people=scottie-pippen

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/espn.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAr8mI5XkAE1SvI.jpg

http://lesilluminati.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Carmelo-et-scottie-pippen.jpeg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3134488/images/o-SCOTTIE-PIPPEN-LEBRON-facebook.jpg

eliteballer
06-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Draymond is 6-7 but Rodman who guarded Shaq is too small:roll:

Showtime80'
06-27-2019, 07:03 PM
LOL, you're telling this flopping primadonna is going to do ANYTHING in the 70's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9M30ch_OvQ

LeBald cries about contact in the present NBA (which is the softest its ever been) and demands to have a spaced out floor with 3 point shooters so can operate conformably.

Guess what? No space or 3 point line in the 70's for Bronny coupled with his limited, mechanical offensive repertoire and he's going to find his style of game stifled in that era. Kareem is second greatest players after MJ and one only ONE title in the 70's, let that sink in.

superduper
06-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Wait so we're taking the opinions of two career 42% chuckers seriously but wish death upon a career 45% player.

Our Bran logic never fails to make us look like clowns :rockon:

Bronbron23
06-27-2019, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=LostCause]So you

Bronbron23
06-27-2019, 07:35 PM
These fakkits are just but hurt because they saw a hobbled, slow, stiff version of mj just win a chip and establish himself as the best player in the world. It's not a diss on kawhi he's amazing but it just shows what a prime mj would do to this league and these fools can't deal with the reality check. Denial is a beautiful thing :facepalm

3ball
06-27-2019, 08:04 PM
Gilbert Arenas

Legal hand-checking 2004 - 19.6 on 51.2 TS

Ban on hand-checking 2005 - 25.6 on 56.5 TS (career high)

Nuff said

LostCause
06-27-2019, 09:16 PM

Careful not to wander too far without your support group

It

NBAGOAT
06-28-2019, 01:23 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOxbwwh-W8/

Ok arenas doubling down. I disagree but this was better at getting his point across than the interview and showed some historical knowledge that isn’t a complete joke.

He’s way too focused on just one example in grant hill proving something about other modern perimeter players however. There are other previous sfs who had some handles and driving even though tbf most operated in the midpost ish area.

Edit: the line about not being able to guard Eric snow is funny and self aware however. He knew some people would rightfully clown his team play as a response especially his defense

RealSkipBayless
06-28-2019, 01:30 AM
Gilbert Arenas the guy Lebron stans are propping up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcDlhsBRbA&t=1m4s%2F

Gilbert Arenas: "who is better?" "Kobe overall is just a better player than Lebron." "All around he is a better player in terms of skill, knowledge".

Elosha
06-28-2019, 03:39 AM

You're welcome!

Nice. And in same video look at Gilbert's "defense" against Stockton right here.

https://youtu.be/HD_tcfiFupM?t=89

That's right up there with being as pathetic as a player who has to be literally pushed from behind by his teammate into playing defense. Haven't we seen that somewhere before also? Recently, somewhere? :confusedshrug: