PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 08:29 AM
Also LeBron is 34 years old...

GimmeThat
06-28-2019, 08:36 AM
Because conference finals runs are cherished, and convincing players to play out of their position requires the chemistry that makes up the defense

iamgine
06-28-2019, 09:01 AM
Because Kobe was unproven as 1st option with his hero ball antics. And no one rated Gasol that highly, not even selected to NBA 3rd team. He proved everyone wrong though.

In the meantime, Lebron and AD are MVP candidates.

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 09:28 AM
Kobe was never as good as Lebron. So for him to get a stacked team isnt so egregious. But for a top 3 GOAT like Lebron, it's going to cause some backlash.

TheMan
06-28-2019, 09:47 AM
Kobe was never as good as Lebron. So for him to get a stacked team isnt so egregious. But for a top 3 GOAT like Lebron, it's going to cause some backlash.
This

Of course great players want to have great teammates but imagine Magic, Bird and MJ all wanting to join together :facepalm

The mentality back then was to have enough good teammates to beat the other superstars of the league, not for those superstars to all join in an effort to make competition less fierce. LeBron is recruiting Kawhi, he absolutely doesn't want competition.

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 09:52 AM
This

Of course great players want to have great teammates but imagine Magic, Bird and MJ all wanting to join together :facepalm

The mentality back then was to have enough good teammates to beat the other superstars of the league, not for those superstars to all join in an effort to make competition less fierce. LeBron is recruiting Kawhi, he absolutely doesn't want competition.

Kawhi is basically Scottie Pippen

Was it bad that Jordan played with Pippen?

TheMan
06-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Kawhi is basically Scottie Pippen

Was it bad that Jordan played with Pippen?
Kawhi is a better player than Pippen :facepalm

Pippen had his chance at leading the Bulls in 94 and didn't come close to making the Finals not did he put up any numbers anywhere near what Kawhi did this season.

FOH

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 10:06 AM
Kawhi is a better player than Pippen :facepalm

Pippen had his chance at leading the Bulls in 94 and didn't come close to making the Finals not did he put up any numbers anywhere near what Kawhi did this season.

FOH

So Pippen only had one try?

I can say Kawhi was nowhere near Pippen cause Pippen won 55 games and made the 2nd round in 1994, yet Kawhi lost in the 1st round in 2015

So Pippen > Kawhi?

tpols
06-28-2019, 10:19 AM
AD has gotten MVP votes and is a superstar...

Pau gasol hadn't even made an all NBA team before LA.

Vino24
06-28-2019, 10:21 AM

Most people on this forum don't have LeBron in their top 20 so...

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Most people on this forum don't have LeBron in their top 20 so...

You don't even believe what you're saying anymore. There used to be an art to trolling, you'd do so in order to make people believe what you said. These guys nowadays have tears dripping onto their keyboards as they type, they know there is no use anymore. The storytale ending to Lebron's career turned into him accepting a 3rd fiddle role :oldlol:

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 10:24 AM

So did 2012 Dwight Howard, and how did Kobe do with him?

AirTupac
06-28-2019, 10:25 AM

Did AD have major back surgery and rush to play this season when he was supposed to be out till January?

superduper
06-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Did AD have major back surgery and rush to play this season when he was supposed to be out till January?

Factual reality based ether like this would bring shame upon any normal person. Good thing Simon's basement dwelling ass is nowhere close to normal and he'll delusionally block/delete this from his mind and continue to copy/paste the same autistic shit.

I'm quite jealous of dude's life :cheers:

tpols
06-28-2019, 10:28 AM

Dwight has been a cancer everywhere he's gone post 2011...

Fallout with van Gundy and Orlando
Booted out LA.
Booted out of Houston.
Booted out his hometown Atlanta.

And he was hurt in 2012.

Anthony Davis doesn't have any of these issues..

next.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 10:30 AM

Oh did he? Dwight recieved 13 points out of a possible 1210. 1% of the vote.

It's actually BEAUTIFUL that you mention Dwight's 2012 MVP shares, because guess who got more MVP share votes that year than he did?? KEVIN LOVE!!!

How many MVP caliber players does Lebron need in his career?? Dwyane Wade, Shaq, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, AD, possibly Kawhi...oh my god :facepalm :oldlol:

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 10:32 AM

Booted out LA.
Booted out of Houston.

And he was hurt in 2012.

next.

Lol, you really wanna compare Dwight’s career W/L with AD?

As a 1st option, career wise, playoff wise however you want etc

3ball
06-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Good thread by OP and a good question.. but it's been answered itt.. I didn't even know that Gasol never made All-NBA before Kobe.. but once Kobe got Gasol a chip, Gasol was All-NBA every year. Having your name associated with championships is a powerful thing

superduper
06-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Good thread by OP and a good question.. but it's been answered itt.. I didn't even know that Gasol never made All-NBA before Kobe.. but once Kobe got Gasol a chip, Gasol was All-NBA every year. Having your name associated with championships is a powerful thing

Gasol is 0-16 in the playoffs in the first round as the first option so makes sense he never won an All-NBA in his life before Kobe. Crazy how Kobe just needed a borderline mediocre player to absolutely dominate the league.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 10:45 AM
Gasol is 0-16 in the playoffs in the first round as the first option so makes sense he never won an All-NBA in his life before Kobe. Crazy how Kobe just needed a borderline mediocre player to absolutely dominate the league.

It doesn't really make sense actually considering All-NBA is a regular season award, that previously was awarded BEFORE the playoffs even began.

TheMan
06-28-2019, 10:50 AM
So Pippen only had one try?

I can say Kawhi was nowhere near Pippen cause Pippen won 55 games and made the 2nd round in 1994, yet Kawhi lost in the 1st round in 2015

So Pippen > Kawhi?
Meh, you're making a dumb argument.

Pippen and Kawhi are two way different situations, stop trolling...Pippen was drafted to the Bulls, Pippen developed under MJ and Pippen wasn't an established player when he joined MJ. OTOH, LeBron is recruiting a 2 time FMVP who just finished leading his own team to a chip, on top of that, LeBron already has AD, a top 3 current NBA player, just how much help does LeBron need???

3ball
06-28-2019, 10:52 AM
It's funny because I think the Lakers were the #1 seed BEFORE getting Gasol because Bynum was killing it but got hurt?

Is that right? That's how I remember it.. they were a top seed but it was still a shaky ship with Bynum because no one trusted his game or health.. so people figured it was over when he got hurt..

but then they picked up a borderline all-star in Gasol to replace him and it was like INSTANT JUGGERNAUT, league domination... If that were lebron, he'd need Gasol at 3rd option like Bosh was, and a kobe-like perimeter stud as 2nd option.. Kobe simply didn't need as much help because his vastly superior repertoire fit with any player or system, thereby needing less help

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 10:55 AM
It's funny because I think the Lakers were the #1 seed BEFORE getting Gasol because Bynum was killing it but got hurt?

Is that right? That's how I remember it.. they were a top seed but it was still a shaky ship with Bynum because no one trusted his game or health.. so people figured it was over when he got hurt..

but then they picked up a borderline all-star in Gasol to replace him and it was like INSTANT JUGGERNAUT, league domination... If that were lebron, he'd need Gasol at 3rd option like Bosh was, and a kobe-like perimeter stud as 2nd option.. Kobe simply didn't need as much help because his vastly superior repertoire fit with any player or system, thereby needing less help

:applause: :applause: :applause:

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 10:55 AM
Having your name associated with championships is a powerful thing

Well duh, like what Pippen did for MJ. It's much better than being associated with 1-9 failures.

TheMan
06-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Well duh, like what Pippen did for MJ. It's much better than being associated with 1-9 failures.
You mean 6 FMVPS, scrub

Hey Yo
06-28-2019, 11:47 AM

Booted out LA.
Booted out of Houston.
And he was hurt in 2012.

next.
Kobe was the one who paid for these to be put up, begging DH to stay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NourBGjkEFA/UcyHJ9J2f5I/AAAAAAAAHvg/oHVJH7mrRcQ/s591/lakers.stay.dwight.howard.billboard.d12.staples.ce nter.hollywood.blvd.jpg

Kobe again, talking up Dwight, trying to get him to stay.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN3RnGlCQAEatWI.jpg

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Kobe was the one who paid for these to be put up, begging DH to stay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NourBGjkEFA/UcyHJ9J2f5I/AAAAAAAAHvg/oHVJH7mrRcQ/s591/lakers.stay.dwight.howard.billboard.d12.staples.ce nter.hollywood.blvd.jpg

Kobe again, talking up Dwight, trying to get him to stay.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN3RnGlCQAEatWI.jpg

Ah 2013. The year you started watching basketball.

Hey Yo
06-28-2019, 11:50 AM
It doesn't really make sense actually considering All-NBA is a regular season award, that previously was awarded BEFORE the playoffs even began.
You'll have to excuse him. He's a full blown retard who knows ZERO about basketball.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Gasol = AD now? :oldlol:

Not only that, but Lebron has proven he could lead a team to championship(s). 2008 Kobe hadn't.

Either way, I don't think a 35 y/o Lebron with AD is "unfair". Assuming LA doesn't get Kawhi? That they just fill the roster with talent? That's not a superteam.

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 11:55 AM

Not only that, but Lebron has proven he could lead a team to championship(s). 2008 Kobe hadn't

Either way, I don't think a 35 y/o Lebron with AD is "unfair". Assuming LA doesn't get Kawhi? That they just fill the roster with talent? That's not a superteam.

Who do you rank higher all time?

Who had more success as a 1st option?

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:55 AM

Not only that, but Lebron has proven he could lead a team to championship(s). 2008 Kobe hadn't

It isnt a super team. A super team would be the 2013 Lakers with Kobe,Dwight, Nash, Meta,and Gasol. Who nearly missed the playoffs .

This is nothing in comparison. And I bet lebron gives them a top 4 seed.

Hey Yo
06-28-2019, 11:59 AM

That 2008 injury was Bynum's first. So why would his health not be trusted if he had no other prior incidences to that?

You're so clueless.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2019, 12:01 PM
It isnt a super team. A super team would be the 2013 Lakers with Kobe,Dwight, Nash, Meta,and Gasol. Who nearly missed the playoffs .

This is nothing in comparison. And I bet lebron gives them a top 4 seed.

AD/Lebron fit very well. Like a glove.

With GS compromised, the only team out West better is Houston. And that's still debatable. Again, assuming they fill their roster out, LAL should be legit title contenders.

Hey Yo
06-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Ah 2013. The year you started watching basketball.
Speaking of retards.

Work on your Dumper lately? How about you Jefense??

:roll:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:04 PM
AD/Lebron fit very well. Like a glove.

With GS compromised, the only team out West better is Houston. And that's still debatable. Again, assuming they fill their roster out, LAL should be legit title contenders.

I agree. If Kawhi comes, it's almost a guaranteed ring. But if he doesnt, the Lakers are still among the favourites.

guy
06-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Well Gasol at the time was nowhere near as good as AD is considered. There was also the snakey way Lebron/Rich Paul basically threw his Laker teammates under the bus based on how they went about the trade, and ultimately screwed themselves last season by doing that.

With all that said, I don