PDA

View Full Version : If Kawhi goes to the Lakers...

PeroAntic
06-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Im done with the NBA. its basically pointless. not because they are guaranteed to win, but the culture of stacking the deck will have reached a shamelessness level that makes the entire concept void.

**** you Lebron, for starting this trend. you piece of ****ing shit.

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Another day :hammertime:

Another win :dancin :djparty

Andrei89
06-28-2019, 11:00 AM
Im done with the NBA. its basically pointless. not because they are guaranteed to win, but the culture of stacking the deck will have reached a shamelessness level that makes the entire concept void.

Lebron did not start this trend

Lakers added Payton and Malone ( although past their primes) these are two HOF players on a team that already threepeated.

Celtics did it too 11 years ago.

Then Lebron.

Then the Lakers again

Then the Warriors

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Lebron did not start this trend

Lakers added Payton and Malone ( although past their primes) these are two HOF players on a team that already threepeated.

Celtics did it too 11 years ago.

Then Lebron.

Then the Lakers again

Then the Warriors

Bingo

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:03 AM

Hey man, you should have quit when Durant joined the Warriors. It's not like Kawhi joined a championship team, we've missed the playoffs the last 6 years ffs.

Super teams go way back fam, you do realize Orlando was on the cusp of a modern super team back when Tmac and Grant Hill signed, right? Duncan was down to come play with them but ***** footed out last second after the two had already signed.

AinNunNew. Maybe it's cause it's the purple and gold you got your panties in a bunch.

HEY PAC, pass me a cigar buraz :pimp:

bizil
06-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Here's the thing, there have ALWAYS been superteams in the NBA! If you have three of the top 20 players in the world, and two of them are superstars that's a superteam. The Showtime Lakers is a great example of that. The 83 Sixers would be an example. Bron's Heat would be an example. And of course GSW would be an example.

And from there, u had teams with two HOF type superstars and another All Star level HOF type. MJ's Bulls and Bird's Celtics are great examples. So on DAMN EVERY TEAM that won multiple rings, they had at least three guys who eventually made the HOF! Those players were regarded among the top 5-6 players at their respective position MINIMUM at the time they were winning rings! And ISN'T the point to win multiple rings and create a dynasty.

SO FRANKLY, I don't see a problem with Kawhi going to LA. If he didn't go to LA, another superteam was gonna come down the pike anyway. WHAT IF KD stays in GSW and gets back to what he was or damn close. And Klay stays in GSW. THAT SUPERTEAM IS STILL INTACT!!! The main issue I had with KD going to GSW was his competitive nature. Because OKC had GSW down 3-1. And they choked!! So I figured KD's competitive nature would want him to get revenge. Either on OKC or on another team.

Or let's say KD and Kyrie team up. AND they get another superstar down the road. THAT'S a superteam. One day, Simmons and Embid could form a superteam once Ben hits his potential. And if Durant and Klay were healthy and won the title, there wouldn't be as many people complaining about Kawhi possibly moving to the Lakers. BECAUSE it would take a SUPERTEAM most likely to beat GSW at full strength!!!

bizil
06-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Hey man, you should have quit when Durant joined the Warriors. It's not like Kawhi joined a championship team, we've missed the playoffs the last 6 years ffs.

Super teams go way back fam, you do realize Orlando was on the cusp of a modern super team back when Tmac and Grant Hill signed, right? Duncan was down to come play with them but ***** footed out last second after the two had already signed.

AinNunNew. Maybe it's cause it's the purple and gold you got your panties in a bunch.

HEY PAC, pass me a cigar buraz :pimp:

EXACTLY!! Superteams have always been around in the NBA! Hell, ALL THE DYNASTY type teams were superteams. Or they were a Shaq-Kobe setup with two of the top 5 players in the world together. If GSW won the ring with a healthy KD and Klay this year, there wouldn't be NEARLY AS many people dissing Kawhi to the Lakers. But chances are, it would TAKE A SUPERTEAM to beat a healthy GSW team going forward! They would have won 4 rings in 5 years with a threepeat included in that. So other superteams were gonna come down the pike anyway!

paksat
06-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Here's the thing, there have ALWAYS been superteams in the NBA! If you have three of the top 20 players in the world, and two of them are superstars that's a superteam. The Showtime Lakers is a great example of that. The 83 Sixers would be an example. Bron's Heat would be an example. And of course GSW would be an example.

And from there, u had teams with two HOF type superstars and another All Star level HOF type. MJ's Bulls and Bird's Celtics are great examples. So on DAMN EVERY TEAM that won multiple rings, they had at least three guys who eventually made the HOF! Those players were regarded among the top 5-6 players at their respective position MINIMUM at the time they were winning rings! And ISN'T the point to win multiple rings and create a dynasty.

SO FRANKLY, I don't see a problem with Kawhi going to LA. If he didn't go to LA, another superteam was gonna come down the pike anyway. WHAT IF KD stays in GSW and gets back to what he was or damn close. And Klay stays in GSW. THAT SUPERTEAM IS STILL INTACT!!! The main issue I had with KD going to GSW was his competitive nature. Because OKC had GSW down 3-1. And they choked!! So I figured KD's competitive nature would want him to get revenge. Either on OKC or on another team.

Or let's say KD and Kyrie team up. AND they get another superstar down the road. THAT'S a superteam. One day, Simmons and Embid could form a superteam once Ben hits his potential. And if Durant and Klay were healthy and won the title, there wouldn't be as many people complaining about Kawhi possibly moving to the Lakers. BECAUSE it would take a SUPERTEAM most likely to beat GSW at full strength!!!

FUNNY I didn't see mj join the piston

I didn't see bird join magic

how come stockton and malone didn't sign with the bulls?

hakeem joining shaq?

shaq joining duncan?

:rolleyes:

superduper
06-28-2019, 11:45 AM
LeCarpet is TIRED of being walked on :(

paksat
06-28-2019, 11:47 AM
LeCarpet is TIRED of being walked on :(

lmao

that's perfect

l3bron wants a carpet ride because he don't wanna compete :roll:

soon as they sign kd, curry, klay, kyrie, westbrook and giannis he'll have enough HALP

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:47 AM
lmao

that's perfect

l3bron wants a carpet ride because he don't wanna compete :roll:

soon as they sign kd, curry, klay, kyrie, westbrook and giannis he'll have enough HALP

Do you do anything but cry?

Im so nba'd out
06-28-2019, 11:51 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/plqdqD02jfLhK/giphy.gif

paksat
06-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Do you do anything but cry?

does the truth bother you?

here let me get back to your style of conversation ( trolling )..

do you do anything but suck his cawk?

bizil
06-28-2019, 11:55 AM

hakeem joining shaq?

shaq joining duncan?

What are you trying to say? If you read my post correctly, I MENTIONED I had a problem with KD's competitive nature by joining GSW. Because he was on a team close to being a champion. And had GSW down 3-1. So I had a MAJOR PROBLEM with him joining a 73 win championship team HE CHOKED TO! I figured he would want to get revenge. Kawhi's situation is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:01 PM
https://i.gifer.com/F1N0.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/QM04D3sz/Kawhi-Leonard-s-sister-reacts-to-Le-Bron-Anthony-Davis-Kawhi-Leon.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/pK4BwWINrva9i/giphy.gif

LBJ 23
06-28-2019, 12:03 PM

hakeem joining shaq?

shaq joining duncan?

Did you see Lebron joining Boston, San Antonio(west), Detroit or any other strong team from the east which was his direct competition/opposition and which was preventing him from advancing in the Playoffs / winning the Finals?

No, he joined forces with other great players in order to have better chances of winning against his direct competition, not to join them. Durant on the other hand did the complete opposite.

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Did you see Lebron joining Boston, San Antonio(west), Detroit or any other strong team from the east which was his direct competition/opposition and which was preventing him from advancing in the Playoffs / winning the Finals?

No, he joined forces with other great players in order to have better chances of winning against his direct competition, not to join them. Durant on the other hand did the complete opposite.

Bingo

Gus Hemmingway
06-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Did OP stop watching basketball when Gasol joined the Lakers?

egokiller
06-28-2019, 12:14 PM
LOL at comparing teams that formed organically to these players of today talking to each other behind the scenes and deciding where they want to meet up at.

The behavior being shown by players now conspiring to team up DID NOT HAPPEN back then. Teams were formed organically. We got morons on here thinking that 5 hall of famers like Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Tom Heinsohn, Sam Jones, Frank Ramsey all conspired to play in Boston. :lol

You can wish that it happened, as that would lessen the blow to the current era, but at the end of the day we both know it didn't happen.

Now sit back, stop melting over it, and accept the facts. :sleeping

PeroAntic
06-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Did OP stop watching basketball when Gasol joined the Lakers?
Only Lebron idiot stans can compare Kawhi (who just became champion with Toronto) joining the Lakers with anything that has ever happened before.

I mean there is already AD. Now LeColluder needs Kawhi too? Get CP3 after that, and Cousins. Will that be enough halp?

You peasants dont understand that the more he colludes the more he hurts his legacy.

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:15 PM
LOL at comparing teams that formed organically to these players of today talking to each other behind the scenes and deciding where they want to meet up at.

The behavior being shown by players now conspiring to team up DID NOT HAPPEN back then. Teams were formed organically. We got morons on here thinking that 5 hall of famers like Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Tom Heinsohn, Sam Jones, Frank Ramsey all conspired to play in Boston. :lol

You can wish that it happened, as that would lessen the blow to the current era, but at the end of the day we both know it didn't happen.

Now sit back, stop melting over it, and accept the facts. :sleeping

So you like it better when team owners (governors :lol) have more power over the players?

You dont like the idea of player mobility?