PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason Players Are Choosing The Lakers Over The Celtics

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Loyalty.

Whenever Kobe broke a finger, he'd tape that bitch up and be suited up ready to play the next day. He'd give it his all every time he laced up the mamba's and put on the Lakers gold. When his team was plagued with injuries in 2013, he played 42+ minutes every game in order to WILL his team into the playoffs, never gave up. When he tore his Achilles, he WALKED himself to the free throw line under his own strength to shoot and make 2 free throws that would be instrumental to his team winning the game. The fans screamed and cried, the team fully pledged their already loyal support to their star. How did the team show their appreciation? By never giving up on Kobe and paying him 2yrs/48m even when he was injury plagued and on his last leg.

When Isaiah Thomas ****ed up his hip, he didn't let that stop him from playing for the Celtics in the playoffs. When his sister was killed, he didn't let that stop him from putting on that green and playing for the team he loved. The fans roared and appreciated him, and so did the team. How did the team show their appreciation? By trading him to the Cavs that same summer. He's been unable to get more than a minimum contract since.

Players and their agents alike know this and are well aware. They understand the difference between being a star in Boston vs being a star in LAL. As long as you perform and bring results, the Lakers will have your back. The same cannot be said about Boston.

AYO PAC, pass me a cigar buraz :pimp:

Im so nba'd out
06-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Thats not the reason, no one wants to play in that racist ass city.Point Blank Period

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:39 AM
When a top 3 GOAT calls you, you pack your stuff and join him.
The only reason any of these guys are coming to LA is because Lebron is there.

Now watch him win a 4th fmvp and break the tie for 2nd place all time:applause:
Would be double what Kobe got in 20 years:lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:43 AM

Aha, aha, aha.

So what brought Lebron here then? Kuzma?

It's the Lakers legacy that brought him here. The same legacy everyone laughed about, saying how it wasn't relevant anymore. And here we are, once again. The talk of the town. AYOOOOOO....PAC!!! Pass me that shit, g :pimp:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Aha, aha, aha.

So what brought Lebron here then? Kuzma?

It's the Lakers legacy that brought him here. The same legacy everyone laughed about, saying how it wasn't relevant anymore. And here we are, once again. The talk of the town. AYOOOOOO....PAC!!! Pass me that shit, g :pimp:

Himself. His kids were there and he wanted to go, at a time when the lakers franchise couldnt get anyone.

Amazing how suddenly everyone wants to join now that a top 3 GOAT is there.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Himself. His kids were there and he wanted to go, at a time when the lakers franchise couldnt get anyone.

Amazing how suddenly everyone wants to join now that a top 3 GOAT is there.

Oh how cuteeee, it juuuust so happens that the Lakers are the most storied franchise in the league. Not like there is another team in LA for him to join, right? Lakers by default :sleeping

You're intelligent!

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:47 AM
Oh how cuteeee, it juuuust so happens that the Lakers are the most storied franchise in the league. Not like there is another team in LA for him to join, right? Lakers by default :sleeping

You're intelligent!

And yet they were getting rejected in 2014-2016 when Kobe was there. And its flipped 180 now that Lebron is there :banana:

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:48 AM
And yet they were getting rejected in 2014-2016 when Kobe was there. And its flipped 180 now that Lebron is there :banana:

Oh, you mean when Kobe played 41 games in 2 years because of a career ending injury?

SHOCKING!! :eek:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Oh, you mean when Kobe played 41 games in 2 years because of a career ending injury?

I mean when he kept getting rejected by top free agents:roll:

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:50 AM
I mean when he kept getting rejected by top free agents:roll:

Ohhh....you mean when Kobe was suffering from a career ending injury and missed 75% of the games in a 2 year time period?

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:51 AM
Ohhh....you mean when Kobe was suffering from a career ending injury and missed 75% of the games in a 2 year time period?

I mean when Kobe was getting rejected left and right:lol

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 11:52 AM
its LeBron

No one wanted to play with Kobe.

Even Dudley said so.

Guys lining up to play with LeBron.

Even his fiercest rivals scrambling for roles in his movie.

Its his world we live in.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:53 AM
I mean when Kobe was getting rejected left and right:lol

While being injured, in a cast? Achilles all ****ed up one year, torn acl the next??

:eek: ! ! S H O C K I N G ! ! :eek:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Even the Iraqi kid who started to watch basketball in 2012 knows. Because he was watching during those Kobe years as big free agents kept rejecting the lakers because of a specific cancer there. And now that Lebron is there, they're all lined up wanting to play with him!

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Even the Iraqi kid who started to watch basketball in 2012 knows. Because he was watching during those Kobe years as big free agents kept rejecting the lakers because of a specific cancer there. And now that Lebron is there, they're all lined up wanting to play with him!

I ' M ..... S H O C K E D ! ..... I T ' S ..... A L M O S T ..... A S ..... I F ..... L E B R O N ..... I S ..... H E A L T H Y ..... A N D ..... N O T ..... S U F F E R R I N G ..... F R O M ..... A ..... T O R N ..... A C H I L L E S ..... O R ..... A ..... T O R N ..... A C L !

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 11:58 AM
I ' M ..... S H O C K E D ! ..... I T ' S ..... A L M O S T ..... A S ..... I F ..... L E B R O N ..... I S ..... H E A L T H Y ..... A N D ..... N O T ..... S U F F E R R I N G ..... F R O M ..... A ..... T O R N ..... A C H I L L E S ..... O R ..... A ..... T O R N ..... A C L !

Look at all those excuses!:eek:
Glad we agree.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 11:59 AM
Look at all those excuses!:eek:
Glad we agree.

:roll: :roll:

Injuries = excuses. Got it.

Man Lebron got his ass ****ing beat in 2015, didn't he? Stat padded his way through and still couldn't beat them even with Love and Kyrie on the team, huh?

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:02 PM
:roll: :roll:

Injuries = excuses. Got it.

Man Lebron got his ass ****ing beat in 2015, didn't he? Stat padded his way through and still couldn't beat them even with Love and Kyrie on the team, huh?

You clearly dont know what you're saying:lol

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2019, 12:09 PM

So why didn

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:09 PM
You clearly dont know what you're saying:lol

Aaaand the rat gets caught in the rat trap.

Nice talking with you, bud :cheers:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=MJ(Mean John)]So why didn

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Aaaand the rat gets caught in the rat trap.

Nice talking with you, bud :cheers:

Ah given up,has he? Adorable.

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:13 PM

Ohhh

So you're a 12be fan

Yiiikes

Makes sense now tho

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Ohhh

So you're a 12be fan

Yiiikes

Makes sense now tho

Ohhh so you can't refute facts?

Must be a L3/9ron fan

Yiiikes

Makes sense now tho

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Ah given up,has he? Adorable.

Ofc you've given up, I got you right by your long illustrious tail :confusedshrug:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:17 PM

Must be a L3/9ron fan

Yiiikes

Makes sense now tho

My child, Lebron is now King of the Lakers. You better get used to it, and get down on your knees and obsecrate like the Kobe loving sycophant that you are:lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:18 PM
My child, Lebron is now King of the Lakers. You better get used to it, and get down on your knees and obsecrate like the Kobe loving sycophant that you are:lol

The king gives up his number to the best player on the team?

Hey man, as long as you're rooting for the Lakers, I'm cool with you cucking the king :cheers:

Mustbe a tad bit awkward for you, no?

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:20 PM
How funny is it, these Lebron fans are sooo intent on talking up their king, they forget that the best player to ever play on their current favorite team is Kobe!! :roll:

Yall just can't catch a break :oldlol:

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:20 PM

Must be a L3/9ron fan

Yiiikes

Makes sense now tho

Kobe will drop out of top 15 soon

How does that make you feel?

You good?

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Kobe will drop out of top 15 soon

How does that make you feel?

You good?

Top 3 in my book, I only read reputable authors.

I hope you like the number 3, I know L3/9ron has come to terms with it.

I'm good, you good?

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:21 PM
The king gives up his number to the best player on the team?

Hey man, as long as you're rooting for the Lakers, I'm cool with you cucking the king :cheers:

Mustbe a tad bit awkward for you, no?

He is showing leadership! That's phenomenal, isnt it? A change from Kobe:lol

Why would it? I hope he leads them to the title and gets that 4th fmvp. Time to make this City his and knock off Kareem from the number 2 spot on the all time list :lebronamazed:

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:23 PM
He is showing leadership! That's phenomenal, isnt it? A change from Kobe:lol

Why would it? I hope he leads them to the title and gets that 4th fmvp. Time to make this City his and knock off Kareem from the number 2 spot on the all time list :lebronamazed:

This isn't Cleveland or Miami hunny bun, winning 1 title here doesn't put you in the top 10 in franchise history let alone #1 :oldlol:

Fans still wear Kobe jerseys to games you ignoramus

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Kobe fam vs Lebron fam

Laker org eatin GOOD :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Kobe fam vs Lebron fam

Laker org eatin GOOD :oldlol:

No sir, you've got it all wrong.

It's Lakers fam vs L3/9ron fam

You can't get these sweets if you ain't suffered the last 6 years :oldlol: **** you think this is?

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
This isn't Cleveland or Miami hunny bun, winning 1 title here doesn't put you in the top 10 in franchise history let alone #1 :oldlol:

Fans still wear Kobe jerseys to games you ignoramus

Let's wait and see:lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Let's wait and see:lol

Ok, let's wait and see :lol

I respect you wanting to see it out for yourself, considering how unfamiliar you are with the Lakers fan base. Buy some new gear tho, that Cleveland shit wont fly over here :lol ok? :lol Got it? :lol

Boogey
06-28-2019, 02:42 PM
When the nba markets, it markets the players, not territory. Difference between di*k riders and fans if u ask me. I love lebron so much I’m gonna follow him from team to team? Son u a bi*ch got off another dude di^k and go be the best at not talking about another dude...

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Boogey]When the nba markets, it markets the players, not territory. Difference between di*k riders and fans if u ask me. I love lebron so much I

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Boogey]When the nba markets, it markets the players, not territory. Difference between di*k riders and fans if u ask me. I love lebron so much I

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:19 PM
Love how Lebron fans went from calling him the goat to trying to ARGUE how he's top 3 :oldlol:

Aaaaah man, I love it! Tastes soooo good.

Boogey
06-28-2019, 03:47 PM
What is wrong with liking a player more than a team? There are lots of Lebron fans around. He's a top 3 GOAT. You can bet your last dollar that they're going to follow him around wherever he goes.

Now watch him knock off Kareem from the 2 spot:lolbball is a game, 5 on 5, not 1 vs 500 or however many dudes are in the nba. Ain’t saying there’s anything wrong with it, it’s just kinda.. gay, but don’t get me wrong gay ppl are cool

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Boogey]bball is a game, 5 on 5, not 1 vs 500 or however many dudes are in the nba. Ain

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Boogey]bball is a game, 5 on 5, not 1 vs 500 or however many dudes are in the nba. Ain

baudkarma
06-28-2019, 04:38 PM
Yeah, the Lakers took care of Kobe. Their lightning rod, the reason they got that $4 billion dollar deal with Time Warner. The rest of them? Got screwed.

Shaq was traded to the Heat.
Odom was traded to the Mavs.
Bynum was traded to the 76'ers
Derek Fisher was traded to the Rockets

We don't even have to go into the recent history of the Lakers trading practically their entire roster for Anthony Davis.

Loyalty? The Lakers only have loyalty to their bottom line. If you're the type of star to can generate huge TV ratings and sellout crowds, then yeah, they're loyal. If you're just a good player, one who loves the franchise and tried to help them win... then you've got a bullseye on your back.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 04:43 PM
Lmfao we over here talking about superstars, dude mentioning Fisher and odom....and I love both of em, but get outta here. Btw shaw asked for a trade

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Plus how can you compare those guys?? It was in Boston 2 years, Lakers paid Fisher for 15 ****ing years. Odom was a laker 7 years...all won titles with Lakers. Completely different scenarios

Wally450
06-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Thats not the reason, no one wants to play in that racist ass city.Point Blank Period

Every city is racist lol.

baudkarma
06-28-2019, 05:00 PM
Lmfao we over here talking about superstars, dude mentioning Fisher and odom....and I love both of em, but get outta here. Btw shaw asked for a trade

So you're applauding the Lakers for being loyal to a superstar. :applause:

Every team is loyal to their superstars. If KD wants to sign with the Warriors, he's getting a max deal, injury or no. Same thing with Klay. Teams take care of their moneymakers. Claiming the Lakers were "loyal" to Kobe, as OP suggested, is hypocritical. They were keeping their cash cow on the team. The Lakers were not making that deal to repay him for years of dedicated service, they were doing it to keep TV ratings high.

baudkarma
06-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Loyalty.

Whenever Kobe broke a finger, he'd tape that bitch up and be suited up ready to play the next day. He'd give it his all every time he laced up the mamba's and put on the Lakers gold. When his team was plagued with injuries in 2013, he played 42+ minutes every game in order to WILL his team into the playoffs, never gave up. When he tore his Achilles, he WALKED himself to the free throw line under his own strength to shoot and make 2 free throws that would be instrumental to his team winning the game. The fans screamed and cried, the team fully pledged their already loyal support to their star. How did the team show their appreciation? By never giving up on Kobe and paying him 2yrs/48m even when he was injury plagued and on his last leg.

When Isaiah Thomas ****ed up his hip, he didn't let that stop him from playing for the Celtics in the playoffs. When his sister was killed, he didn't let that stop him from putting on that green and playing for the team he loved. The fans roared and appreciated him, and so did the team. How did the team show their appreciation? By trading him to the Cavs that same summer. He's been unable to get more than a minimum contract since.

Players and their agents alike know this and are well aware. They understand the difference between being a star in Boston vs being a star in LAL. As long as you perform and bring results, the Lakers will have your back. The same cannot be said about Boston.

AYO PAC, pass me a cigar buraz :pimp:

Okay, gonna have to walk this back and reset it. Bottom line, unless your name is Kobe, in the last 20 years the Lakers don't have your back. You're fodder, you're trade bait, and the minute they think they can exchange you for something potentially better, you're gone. Lakers have traded away pretty much every player they have in pursuit of someone better. So far, it hasn't worked out so well.

If you're a second tier free agent, why would you consider the Lakers? Sure, you can spend a few months in cloud-coocooland, but then you're traded to Utah or Detroit or wherever.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 05:28 PM
It hasn't worked out so well? Mfer we got AD and Lebron on the team with Kawhi on the way :oldlol:

Look, I'm the FIRST to say I hated the AD trade, but that has a lot more to do with the love I have for our drafted players. I still fu k with em and will forever root for lonzo, ydk, hart, Randle, Russell, etc.

The Lakers have always treated their stars well, not only during their careers but after as well. Those are facts, you and me can argue back and forth but the players see it as well. Let's watch and see what happens on Sunday.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 05:32 PM
If you're a second tier free agent, why would you consider the Lakers? Sure, you can spend a few months in cloud-coocooland, but then you're traded to Utah or Detroit or wherever.

And I'm going to keep the same energy I've been keeping with my unbiased point of view...you have a point here. I agree, but that's the way it is with non superstar players. Players get moved all the time. I never put IT on the pedestal people did, but EVERYONE was talking about how hes a top 5 pg in the NBA when he was balling for the Celtics. That's superstar tier. On top of that theres backstory that you just cant brush past. His sister and his hip, he truly truly gave it all to his team much like how kd did this finals. And Boston repaid em by shipping him away THAT SUMMER! That's wild.

Clippers? Shipped their franchise player to Detroit. Blake came back and didnt even want to shake hands with the owner. This isnt an opinion bro.

Im so nba'd out
06-28-2019, 05:56 PM
Every city is racist lol.
Some are more than others...Salt Lake City....Boston...Milwaukee...Indianapolis.

No American blacks want to play in those cities.It will take boatloads of overpaying to get em there or desperation to stay in the league

Kemba is a tap dancing coon...he's not one of us

Sportal
06-28-2019, 08:33 PM

So... From 2005-2013, who was the biggest name the Lakers got? Pau Gasol, or Dwight Howard? Everyone always talked about how the Lakers and California was such a top place that players wanted to go.... What happened?

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 08:37 PM
So... From 2005-2013, who was the biggest name the Lakers got? Pau Gasol, or Dwight Howard? Everyone always talked about how the Lakers and California was such a top place that players wanted to go.... What happened?

From 2005-2013? Idk, but I do know we won 2 chips. Pass me some DIP

Sportal
06-28-2019, 10:12 PM
From 2005-2013? Idk, but I do know we won 2 chips. Pass me some DIP

You don't know?? Some Lakers fan you are :lol

BallsOut
06-28-2019, 10:45 PM
How funny is it, these Lebron fans are sooo intent on talking up their king, they forget that the best player to ever play on their current favorite team is Kobe!! :roll:

Yall just can't catch a break :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo destroying all the fake Laker fans who follow LeBron around everywhere like puppets. Losers tend to follow losers. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hittin_Shots
06-29-2019, 03:04 AM
What Kobe and Isaiah Thomas did for each of these franchises is definitely equal. You're a fkwit OP.

Hittin_Shots
06-29-2019, 03:07 AM

Are you calling Isaiah Thomas a superstar then?

Hittin_Shots
06-29-2019, 03:08 AM
Plus how can you compare those guys?? It was in Boston 2 years, Lakers paid Fisher for 15 ****ing years. Odom was a laker 7 years...all won titles with Lakers. Completely different scenarios

This post..... after making this thread...

Bosnian Sajo
06-29-2019, 02:02 PM
This post..... after making this thread...

Uhhh do you not understand my point In that post?? Odom and Fisher were long term Lakers, it's not like they were tossed as soon as they got started. IT came in, played his heart out, and before he could be repaid for his effort he was shipped.

He never got his contract. Odom and Fisher did, multiple times...and they experienced the greatest success. THAT was my point. Fisher left on good terms, it was Odom that was heart broken (even tho it's well known dude was on crack....)