PDA

View Full Version : yeah im getting sick of these superteams.

lilteapot
06-28-2019, 12:10 PM
time to stop NBA. i dont want to see any other max player on the lakers with lebron and AD.

i want kawhi in toronto

KD in NY

Kyrie in BK

Let there be some damn intrigue in the league for the first time in 7 years.

Knicksfever2010
06-28-2019, 12:12 PM
time to stop NBA. i dont want to see any other max player on the lakers with lebron and AD.

i want kawhi in toronto

KD in NY

Kyrie in BK

Knicks have never been a superteam

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:13 PM
NAHHHHHHHHHHH

:banana: :djparty :banana:

........:dancin :dancin

We can have a serious discussion about this in 2025 after Lakers win a few few :pimp:

Xiao Yao You

Knicks haven't been a good team since the 90's :lol

Mr Feeny

i want kawhi in toronto

KD in NY

Kyrie in BK

But it would be funny to see the reaction:lol

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Knicks haven't been a good team since the 90's :lol

*70s

bigkingsfan
06-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Stacked

Allan Houston
Patrick Ewing
Larry Johnson
Latrell Sprewell
Marcus Camby

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Stacked

Allan Houston
Patrick Ewing
Larry Johnson
Latrell Sprewell
Marcus Camby

But they ran into Duncan.

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2019, 12:16 PM
*70s

They were good in the 90's. Great in the early 70's

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Same.

A team being odds-on favorite AND some...makes the season uninteresting. Like...you already know this shit don't matter.

Kawhi with the Clippers isn't bad either. Gives the West more parity, but Boston likely resurges without Kyrie.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 12:23 PM
I agree, in 2025.

First we get even, the GSW wrongs are righted and LeBron gets salvation for the injustice and odds thrown his way over his career.

And we all enjoy and revel in the massive meltdowns and outrage and tears for years.

THEN we go back to level playing fields, somewhat equally constructed teams.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:25 PM
I agree, in 2025.

First we get even, the GSW wrongs are righted and LeBron gets salvation for the injustice and odds thrown his way over his career.

And we all enjoy and revel in the massive meltdowns and outrage and tears for years.

You're probably gonna be so damn proud when the beloved Lakers win title after title :rockon:

Kawhi and AD trading off on who wins FMVP, I can't help but smile!

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 12:25 PM
You're probably gonna be so damn proud when the beloved Lakers win title after title :rockon:

Kawhi and AD trading off on who wins FMVP, I can't help but smile!

Why does Kobe have 1 MVP in 20 years

DMAVS41
06-28-2019, 12:27 PM
I agree, in 2025.

This would probably be an even bigger joke than the Warriors with KD.

This is not good for for the NBA long-term...

sammichoffate
06-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Kawhi is taking the meeting to laugh at LeBron lol :lol Imagine if he joined the Clippers, beat LeBron and AD, then won the title? Would leapfrog him on the GOAT list instantly :bowdown:

AirTupac
06-28-2019, 12:30 PM

You are beyond naive to think that a Laker team with LEBRON, KAWHI, AND AD wouldnt be absolute gold for the NBA. And it's the same story every year with super teams and fans threatening to quit and yet watch every game.

Inb4 finals rating sky rocketing with Bron and Lakers

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 12:30 PM

its not what the fans want, but its what they need.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Kawhi is taking the meeting to laugh at LeBron lol :lol Imagine if he joined the Clippers, beat LeBron and AD, then won the title? Would leapfrog him on the GOAT list instantly :bowdown:

It would be a disaster.

Kawhi vs Lebron talk starts popping up. And the Clippers begin making their run for city keeps. That "Always a Laker Town" stuff will die slowly.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Lmfao, you're bugging bro.

Nothing will ever be a bigger joke than Durant joining a 73 win, championship winning team, back to back finals appearance team, same team that kicked him out of the WCF in a 7 game series.

I mean absolutely nothing tops that. This isn't even on par with the 2010 Miami collusion considering we collected assets for 6 years and had to trade true quality assets for the main piece, AD.

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Nothing will ever be a bigger joke than Durant joining a 73 win, championship winning team, back to back finals appearance team, same team that kicked him out of the WCF in a 7 game series.

I mean absolutely nothing tops that. This isn't even on par with the 2010 Miami collusion considering we collected assets for 6 years and had to trade true quality assets for the main piece, AD.

I agree. This is nothing compared to 2013. Kobe was in the process of leading his team to the lottery before they won the final 2 games when the cancer went down.

Lebron, with a less stacked team, will get them to the finals at worst. And most likely will win the title.

DMAVS41
06-28-2019, 12:35 PM

I mean absolutely nothing tops that. This isn't even on par with the 2010 Miami collusion considering we had to trade true quality assets for the main piece, AD.

I'm not talking about narrative.

I'm talking about basketball.

Assuming health....Lebron/Leonard/AD surrouned by even what would be considered straight up bad role players is not losing to those KD Warriors teams in a playoff series.

This would be an even bigger competitive advantage.

Rooting for them to lose would be incredible, but even that isn't worth this shit.

DMAVS41
06-28-2019, 12:36 PM
You are beyond naive to think that a Laker team with LEBRON, KAWHI, AND AD wouldnt be absolute gold for the NBA. And it's the same story every year with super teams and fans threatening to quit and yet watch every game.

Inb4 finals rating sky rocketing with Bron and Lakers

You must have missed the "long-term" portion of my post.

Of course in the short term ratings will go up...

J Shuttlesworth
06-28-2019, 12:38 PM
If this happens...

The best part would be the KD defenders who said "KD had to one up LeBron to get rings. Therefore, they're valid"

Not that it's a good point or argument, but seeing the mental gymnastics if LB/Kawhi one up KD :lol

Stephonit
06-28-2019, 12:43 PM
When a healthy Warriors team with a fully healed and recovered KD beats them will everybody stop criticizing Durant?

stalkerforlife
06-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Bran's cowardice won't be missed.

Zero competitive integrity.

Biggest fraud of all time.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 12:47 PM
When a healthy Warriors team with a fully healed and recovered KD beats them will everybody stop criticizing Durant?

what would that say about their 2017-18 titles though? :lol

tpols
06-28-2019, 12:47 PM
I agree, in 2025.

The warriors collusion was payback for the Miami cheat...

You know not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 etc

And even the dubs only had two MVP candidates. LA would have 3.

:roll:

LeBron would actually be 3rd option here...LeGlenrice to AD & Kawhis shaq and Kobe.

TheMan
06-28-2019, 12:48 PM
NAHHHHHHHHHHH

:banana: :djparty :banana:

........:dancin :dancin

We can have a serious discussion about this in 2025 after Lakers win a few few :pimp:
Last two times they created SuperTeams with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau and Meta and before that, GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq...how that go? How many titles did those teams win? Asking for a friend...

superduper
06-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Bran started this ***** ass nonsense.

Imagine considering that level of shameless, integrityless, beta ass colluding your GOAT :oldlol:

bullettooth
06-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Bran's cowardice won't be missed.

Zero competitive integrity.

Biggest fraud of all time.

I honestly can't wait for the day he's gone from the league.

LeBron is trash.

superduper
06-28-2019, 12:52 PM
I honestly can't wait for the day he's gone from the league.

LeBron is trash.

Honestly not even hating one bit but the league will absolutely prosper once Bran is gone. And no I'm not talking about TV ratings that get boosted from all of the casual fans that think basketball is played on paper which Bran attracts. I'm talking about the product as a whole, it will be much, much better.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:53 PM
I'm not talking about narrative.

I'm talking about basketball.

Assuming health....Lebron/Leonard/AD surrouned by even what would be considered straight up bad role players is not losing to those KD Warriors teams in a playoff series.

This would be an even bigger competitive advantage.

Rooting for them to lose would be incredible, but even that isn't worth this shit.

I strongly disagree that this hypothetical team with Kawhi would be far and away better than GSW with Durant, GSW have chemistry and better surrounding players to their advantage. Plus lettuce not throw Curry/Klay/Durant/Dray away like they some scrubs now..

As far as you not liking this, I completely understand. For us (true) Lakers fans, you gotta take what you can after 6 straight years of missing the playoffs tho bruh :lol

I was in high school the last time the Lakers made the playoffs. I've gotten 3 degrees since then lmfao, I NEED THIS :cry:

Wish it could have been with the young fellas, but like I said you take what you can get and that's that (our POV).

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Last two times they created SuperTeams with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau and Meta and before that, GP, Kobe, Malone and Shaq...how that go? How many titles did those teams win? Asking for a friend...

Oh shit, you just blew my mind bro...Kobe never won with super teams, yet still ended up with 5 championships :eek:

He doesn't have the cuck gene Bron does. Shit, you just gave me another bar :oldlol: Thank you, man. Ima use that vs Mr Freeze

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Oh shit, you just blew my mind bro...Kobe never won with super teams, yet still ended up with 5 championships :eek:

He doesn't have the cuck gene Bron does. Shit, you just gave me another bar :oldlol: Thank you, man. Ima use that vs Mr Freeze

The "cuck" is ranked about 10 spots above Kobe on the all time list by consensus:lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 12:58 PM
The "cuck" is ranked about 10 spots above Kobe on the all time list by consensus:lol

Your hand picked consensus? Because my hand picked consensus has Kobe top 3.

Carry on :cheers:

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2019, 01:00 PM

He certainly lost with a superteam

FKAri
06-28-2019, 01:01 PM
RANGz

The more you get the better you are :banana:

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 01:04 PM
He certainly lost with a superteam

Yea, that's what I said. He lost with super teams, and won when he wasn't in super teams.

Kobe's a mans man.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 01:08 PM
The warriors collusion was payback for the Miami cheat...

You know not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 etc

And even the dubs only had two MVP candidates. LA would have 3.

:roll:

LeBron would actually be 3rd option here...LeGlenrice to AD & Kawhis shaq and Kobe.

Its not about payback or retribution about something that HAPPENED, the Heat happened, there was no need for an uber team to compete with them (besides the fact they obviously never dominated and not entangled into many evenly level'd series'). Not about 1 upping, which is what KD did if we remove any previous up that never happened.

This is to bring intrigue and parity, as the NBA is currently a 1-man league once KD is back in 2021 again. They're making it a 2-team league in that case.

When LeBron was subjected to facing super teams, and with historically bad help at that; no one bat an eye. No one cared.

superduper
06-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Yea, that's what I said. He lost with super teams, and won when he wasn't in super teams.

Kobe's a mans man.

Ka...
...boom

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Honestly not even hating one bit but the league will absolutely prosper once Bran is gone. And no I'm not talking about TV ratings that get boosted from all of the casual fans that think basketball is played on paper which Bran attracts. I'm talking about the product as a whole, it will be much, much better.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IodykqnfyUc2k/giphy.gif

DMAVS41
06-28-2019, 01:17 PM
I strongly disagree that this hypothetical team with Kawhi would be far and away better than GSW with Durant, GSW have chemistry and better surrounding players to their advantage. Plus lettuce not throw Curry/Klay/Durant/Dray away like they some scrubs now..

As far as you not liking this, I completely understand. For us (true) Lakers fans, you gotta take what you can after 6 straight years of missing the playoffs tho bruh :lol

I was in high school the last time the Lakers made the playoffs. I've gotten 3 degrees since then lmfao, I NEED THIS :cry:

Wish it could have been with the young fellas, but like I said you take what you can get and that's that (our POV).

Kind of a straw man, but doesn't matter. I didn't mean to imply that they are far and away better....just that they aren't losing a 7 game series. I wouldn't argue that they'd win in 4 or something.

Lebron/Leonard/AD actually fit together...and can counter anything the Warriors would try.

Of course Lakers fans will like it, but at some point players and fans should reach a point of competitive imbalance where this isn't a great feeling of stacking the deck and playing Varsity vs JV.

305Baller
06-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Book it now my lovelies,
The Lakers, with a declining Brando, prime but injury-prone AD and third wheel (Kyrie)? Will not win it all. They won't have the chemistry or depth to win it in year one (remember the Heat losing to a better Dallas TEAM in LeBron year 1?).

This team will be good but will be bounced in the 2nd round as a shallow collection of minimum 3D contracts will not be enough of a squad to get the Lakers passed the better West teams.

Next year will be a more formidable squad but LeBrons decline will be more advanced by then , expect more games missed.

in fact, Lakers would be better off trading LeBron now while he has value.

superduper
06-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Book it now my lovelies,
The Lakers, with a declining Brando, prime but injury-prone AD and third wheel (Kyrie)? Will not win it all. They won't have the chemistry or depth to win it in year one (remember the Heat losing to a better Dallas TEAM in LeBron year 1?).

This team will be good but will be bounced in the 2nd round as a shallow collection of minimum 3D contracts will not be enough of a squad to get the Lakers passed the better West teams.

Next year will be a more formidable squad but LeBrons decline will be more advanced by then , expect more games missed.

Bran missing the playoffs for a second year in the row

305Baller
06-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Bran missing the playoffs for a second year in the row

zions squad gonna woop that ass

TheCorporation
06-28-2019, 01:48 PM

STOP.
DROP. :hammertime:

SHUTTEM DOWN
OPEN UP SHOP

:dancin

TheMan
06-28-2019, 02:14 PM

I wasn't dissing Kobe, I like him, a poor man's MJ is a top 12 GOAT. I was talking about the Lakers as an organization, wanting to stack the deck yet again :confusedshrug:

72-10
06-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Agreed
:cheers:

TheMan
06-28-2019, 02:21 PM
RANGz

The more you get the better you are :banana:
LeBron as third option on a Kawhi, AD, LeBron Lakers? Nah, ain't no one buying that except for LeStats :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Your hand picked consensus? Because my hand picked consensus has Kobe top 3.

Carry on :cheers:

Such a shame that every single list disagrees with you and has him 12th to 15th while ESPN, sports illustrated, Fox sports, Ranker, ISH, and realgm all have Lebron as a top 2-5 player and all but 1 has him in the top 3.

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Such a shame that every single list disagrees with you and has him 12th to 15th while ESPN, sports illustrated, Fox sports, Ranker, ISH, and realgm all have Lebron as a top 2-5 player and all but 1 has him in the top 3.

I truly don't care what "experts" believe from these reporting agencies. What the **** is a Ranker :lol

Difference between you and me, I couldn't give a **** what your top 3, top 5, top 1000 is. But it kills you that Kobe is in my top 3, while Lebron is firmly #7.

Stay mad :*

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 03:17 PM
I truly don't care what "experts" believe from these reporting agencies. What the **** is a Ranker :lol

Difference between you and me, I couldn't give a **** what your top 3, top 5, top 1000 is. But it kills you that Kobe is in my top 3, while Lebron is firmly #7.

Stay mad :*

:and Rondo fans have him in their all time top 3:lol But just as with you, the rest of the world doesnt agree:lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:17 PM
:and Rondo fans have him in their all time top 3:lol But just as with you, the rest of the world doesnt agree:lol

And I'm just fine with that.

Stay mad :)

Mr Feeny
06-28-2019, 03:18 PM
And I'm just fine with that.

Stay mad :)

Why would I? I live in the real world, where Kobe is ranked 10 spots below Lebrob :lol

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 03:20 PM
Why would I? I live in the real world, where Kobe is ranked 10 spots below Lebrob :lol

That's weird, my list has Kobe above Lebron. You can see my list on the front page of nba.com

r0drig0lac
06-28-2019, 03:59 PM

you're wrong

Bosnian Sajo
06-28-2019, 04:02 PM
you're wrong

No I'm not, just like you're not wrong either. This is an opinion based on hypothetical matchup. No one in this world can distinctively say who is right and who is wrong.

Now if LA had a solid bench, more than what they will have (vet mins and 1 MLE), maybe my opinion would sway. But you can't just disrespect one of the greatest teams ever in history because of 3 star players joining together. The trio VERY WELL may be better, but we wont know that until we see the matchup itself. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion. My opinion is that the Warriors are the Warriors, it would be tough to defeat them at healthy full strength.

COMING FROM A LAKERS FAN, non biased.