PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi and KD talking about teaming up together

Knicksfever2010
06-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Clippers and Knicks are the clear frontrunners

WOJ and Ramona Shelbourne reporting it. I would post it, but Twitter banned me (can't imagine why)

https://media.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

Kingwillball
06-29-2019, 12:09 PM

WOJ and Ramona Shelbourne reporting it. I would post it, but Twitter banned me (can't imagine why)

WoJ is on clippers payroll he needs to push the narrative.

AirTupac
06-29-2019, 12:12 PM
Woj and Ramona have been consistenly wrong on these takes lmfao.

Ghost1
06-29-2019, 12:16 PM
The Glass Bros

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2019, 12:24 PM
yesterday was kawhi and butler

then kd and kyrie

and lakers over clippers for kawhi

only a few scenarios left

bluechox2
06-29-2019, 12:28 PM
yesterday was kawhi and butler

then kd and kyrie

and lakers over clippers for kawhi

only a few scenarios left
that aint bad, unlike lecoksuckers who had lebum playing with every other star

bluechox2
06-29-2019, 12:33 PM
in all seriousness though, kawhi and durant teaming up would be like when grant hill and tmac teamed up...literally

sdot_thadon
06-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Next. Kawhi and Cousins want to team up on the Kings.

bluechox2
06-29-2019, 12:45 PM
breaking news in 2022: lebron convincing league mvp zion to join the lakers, along with scoring champion lonzo ball, bran has reported to take a paycut to make this happen, after still riding a title drought due to unfortunate injures

red1
06-29-2019, 12:45 PM
they don't know shit, they're just talking out of their ass. or someone who spoke with them is talking out of their ass.

if it was just the clippers it might make sense but the fact that they added the knicks makes it just laughable.

Phoenix
06-29-2019, 01:03 PM
in all seriousness though, kawhi and durant teaming up would be like when grant hill and tmac teamed up...literally

It's beyond that. Grant Hill was considered a top 5 level talent with Tmac an up and coming prospect when they joined forces. Kawhi and Durant at this moment in time are getting the loudest 'best player in the league' talk depending on what day it is. A closer comparison might be Wade and Lebron back in 2010. It's been long enough now, and there's been all these star teamups since, that we've forgotten how much of a holy shit moment that was at the time.

bluechox2
06-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Na an up an coming prospect dont sign max deals... tmac was a top level talent only held back by Vince as he said, the first year he dropped massive numbers

Noah Rose
06-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Woj appeared on Sportscenter and just said don

Patrick Chewing
06-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Only one team can truly afford them right now without having to make any roster moves.

imdaman99
06-29-2019, 03:36 PM
they don't know shit, they're just talking out of their ass. or someone who spoke with them is talking out of their ass.

if it was just the clippers it might make sense but the fact that they added the knicks makes it just laughable.
Both them on the Knicks makes them a legit championship contender... in 2021. Winning for the Knicks, a starving fanbase would do wonders for both them. You can tell how little Kawhi is interested in Drake and the rest of Tdot dikridin him though :lol

bladefd
06-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Woj and Ramona were the same morons saying Lakers won't have anywhere close to max. 23mil is what they kept yelling last 2 weeks and claiming Pelinka messed up in trade, not knowing how the cap works.. They lost all credibility.

Patrick Chewing
06-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Ramona is a beast.

Phoenix
06-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Na an up an coming prospect dont sign max deals... tmac was a top level talent only held back by Vince as he said, the first year he dropped massive numbers

Except the initial plan was for Tmac to play a second fiddle role to a prime Hill. When Grant didn't return to his prior MVP form, that's when Tmac emerged as the player we saw. Kawhi and KD are basically considered 1a/1b as the two best players in the league right now. Tmac was an emerging talent who hadn't even made the all-star team yet. So equating Kawhi/KD, two prime MVP level players, with Hill/Tmac back in 2000 isn't remotely close to an accurate analogy.

bladefd
06-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Except the initial plan was for Tmac to play a second fiddle role to a prime Hill. When Grant didn't return to his prior MVP form, that's when Tmac emerged as the player we saw. Kawhi and KD are basically considered 1a/1b as the two best players in the league right now. Tmac was an emerging talent who hadn't even made the all-star team yet. So comparing Kawhi/KD, two prime MVP level players, to Hill/Tmac isn't remotely close to an accurate analogy.

KD won't be top 5 again, maybe not even top 10. Once your achilles blows out, you are never the same physically. Only 1 player ever defied it and that was Dominique Wilkins, but that's it out of many examples. I don't think Dominique was ever top 10 though in all of nba

Phoenix
06-29-2019, 05:37 PM
KD won't be top 5 again, maybe not even top 10. Once your achilles blows out, you are never the same physically. Only 1 player ever defied it and that was Dominique Wilkins, but that's it out of many examples. I don't think Dominique was ever top 10 though in all of nba

I'm speaking in relative terms. Tmac in 2000, in terms of who he was as a player, wasn't a MVP caliber talent. He wasn't signed with the intent that he was gonna be anything but a Pippen to Hill's Jordan. The Magic signed him with the expectation that he would be an all-star talent, but we didn't know he was gonna be THAT guy at the time.

KD's injury is a variable, odds are long that he returns to exactly what he was, but he's a 7 foot jumpshooter. The nature of his game may be less impacted than a more athletic-based player. Nique wasn't the same athletically when he returned either, but he made up for the loss in athleticism by becoming a better shooter. Kobe never recovered fully from his achilles, but he was also 35 with way more miles on his legs than KD has, so the jury is out on how he recovers. If he even returns and is 'only' a top 7-8 player, that's still an advantage over most teams in the league when paired with Kawhi.

Knicksfever2010
06-29-2019, 08:34 PM

KD's game is based off his shooting. He's not a slasher and doesn't need his athleticism. Kawhi and KD is BOX OFFICE in NY. Never underestimate NYC, this is happening folks.

r0drig0lac
06-29-2019, 08:57 PM
KD's game is based off his shooting. He's not a slasher and doesn't need his athleticism. Kawhi and KD is BOX OFFICE in NY. Never underestimate NYC, this is happening folks.
what?

sammichoffate
06-30-2019, 06:15 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
07-01-2019, 03:46 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll:

Mr Feeny
07-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Such an easy target.

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 03:59 PM

No more threads for you bro /Westbrook