PDA

View Full Version : Alright...Which Team Is Interested In Wiggins?

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2019, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE]Timberwolves News

@NotDWolfson
Following Following @NotDWolfson
More
Big news. D

qrich
06-29-2019, 01:40 PM
I really can't think of any, at least none that have the cap space Minny needs to clear.

Charlotte? Utah? Kings take a swing?

I just don't see it, but, yet, I expect Minny to dump Wiggins without adding an asset

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2019, 01:44 PM
I really can't think of any, at least none that have the cap space Minny needs to clear.

Charlotte? Utah? Kings take a swing?

I just don't see it, but, yet, I expect Minny to dump Wiggins without adding an asset
That's the angle I was more going with. There was another rumbling a few days ago about how several executives thought we could unload Wiggins without giving up assets.

Wiggins is a top 5 worst contract in the NBA and if another team is willing to take a shot on him without requiring other (good) assets then Gersson Rosas deserves to be GM of the year for that alone.

Considering we actually have a meeting with Russell then there is enough smoke to tell that if Russell wanted to sign here that Rosas already has a plan to free up space. If we strike out on Russell then I doubt we just dump Wiggins. Who knows though

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Wiggins is undesirable to most because of his contract but he's still young and athletic so there should be someone that is willing to roll the dice and hope he suddenly plays like a top pick is supposed to.

I'm thinking...Knicks.

DMAVS41
06-29-2019, 01:58 PM
That's the angle I was more going with. There was another rumbling a few days ago about how several executives thought we could unload Wiggins without giving up assets.

Wiggins is a top 5 worst contract in the NBA and if another team is willing to take a shot on him without requiring other (good) assets then Gersson Rosas deserves to be GM of the year for that alone.

Considering we actually have a meeting with Russell then there is enough smoke to tell that if Russell wanted to sign here that Rosas already has a plan to free up space. If we strike out on Russell then I doubt we just dump Wiggins. Who knows though

Zach Lowe said that a league executive told him that Minny was going to trade Wiggins and win the trade...meaning that they weren't going to have to give up an asset to dump him.

Zach didn't believe him and bet against it (as would I)...but you never know with this league.

Wiggins, so far at least, does not add value to a team and he's on a 4 year monster deal guaranteed. I don't know...I wouldn't touch that contract without at least getting two first rounders or also shedding bad money.

We'll see, would be absolutely huge for the Wolves if they get off that.

Ghost1
06-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Wiggins is undesirable to most because of his contract but he's still young and athletic so there should be someone that is willing to roll the dice and hope he suddenly plays like a top pick is supposed to.

I'm thinking...Knicks.

DSJ, Knox, Barrett, Wiggins

https://media.giphy.com/media/pVAMI8QYM42n6/giphy.gif

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Told that D'Angelo Russell's team would not have set a meeting with the Minnesota Timberwolves without assurances Wolves could clear the necessary cap space to sign Russell. Minnesota has made it clear they believe they can get to the $27.25M max space necessary to sign Russell.

:rockon:

DMAVS41
06-29-2019, 05:02 PM
:rockon:

Nice, really hope something like this happens.

Towns is too good to not be in the mix at all.

NBAGOAT
06-29-2019, 05:04 PM
the hornets are the ones dumb enough to do it. Even with that, I dont see why they go with the trade unless they can unload some of their own bad contracts like batum however. Maybe a 3 team deal where some team thinks batum could be useful?

DMAVS41
06-29-2019, 05:05 PM
the hornets are the ones dumb enough to do it. Even with that, I dont see why they go with the trade unless they can unload some of their own bad contracts like batum however. Maybe a 3 team deal where some team thinks batum could be useful?

Hornets for sure would be unloading Batum.

lilteapot
06-29-2019, 05:06 PM
The Timberwolves are interested...in getting rid of his ass

NBAGOAT
06-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Hornets for sure would be unloading Batum.

well biyombo is untradeable. They could unload 2 of mcw, zeller, marvin however. They better be getting picks from minnesota then since zeller and marvin are better values for their contracts than batum.

DMAVS41
06-29-2019, 05:12 PM
well biyombo is untradeable. They could unload 2 of mcw, zeller, marvin however. They better be getting picks from minnesota then since zeller and marvin are better values for their contracts than batum.

Right, I'm still super skeptical that anyone would take on Wiggins, but we'll see soon.

Marvin and Zeller are actually on good contracts now imo. Marvin is good and expiring...and Zeller at his price for 2 years is good as well imo.

So I don't see why the Hornets would dump them in a process to land one of the worst values in the league in Wiggins...because Marvin/Zeller have positive value...at worst neutral value for Zeller.

Not sure what is going on here, we'll find out soon though, but right now I can't make sense of it.

NBAGOAT
06-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Right, I'm still super skeptical that anyone would take on Wiggins, but we'll see soon.

Marvin and Zeller are actually on good contracts now imo. Marvin is good and expiring...and Zeller at his price for 2 years is good as well imo.

So I don't see why the Hornets would dump them in a process to land one of the worst values in the league in Wiggins...because Marvin/Zeller have positive value...at worst neutral value for Zeller.

Not sure what is going on here, we'll find out soon though, but right now I can't make sense of it.

it would be like wat atl did with crabbe and price. Charlotte is in an even better position to tank than atlanta is. Again expect 2+ 1st round picks however. Maybe they can get one from the 3rd team who gets marvin/zeller

FireMcFailPlease
06-29-2019, 05:28 PM
i was thinking charlotte too.

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Right now rumors are Hornets are that team

Matppak
06-29-2019, 05:48 PM
Like I know this is gonna sound crazy. But if somehow the hornets get kemba back and wanted to make a move for at least the playoffs

If they got Wiggins they at least have someone who can score more than 9ppg I think minny would take Batum straight up for Wiggins because they get out of the contract in 2 years.

I think that would be enough to at least get the 8th seed cause Batum getting 9ppg was one of the hornets biggest problems playing 30mins to score 9 pts is garbage.