PDA

View Full Version : Kemba Walker to Celtics

eliteballer
06-29-2019, 04:41 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/kemba-walker-celtics-062919.shtml

lilteapot
06-29-2019, 04:42 PM
boston is stupid they shoulda saved their money and kept rozier.

NBAGOAT
06-29-2019, 04:44 PM
rozier is trash, good riddance. Wonder who they get at center since horford is likely leaving.

Manny98
06-29-2019, 04:45 PM
141 million for a 5'11 guard who can't even lead his team to the playoffs?

YIKES :oldlol:

Gus Hemmingway
EAT SHIT KYRIE :roll:

:yaohappy:

:hammertime:

keep-itreal
what the hell?? I thought free agency doesn't start until tomorrow? :wtf:

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 04:47 PM

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 04:49 PM
The dust has settled after they swindled the Nets and they couldn't get a superstar.

Instead they sign an inefficient chucking point guard to pair with a declining max contract Hayward?

Walker
Smart
Tatum
Hayward
Williams

Brown

.. That's it? :roll:

RRR3
06-29-2019, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2019, 04:50 PM
dumb imo

had rozier, put dat money on someone else

The dust has settled after the they swindled the Nets and they couldn't get a superstar.

Instead they sign an inefficient chucking point guard to pair with a declining max contract Hayward?

Walker
Smart
Tatum
Hayward
Williams

Brown

.. That's it? :roll:

same team as last yr

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 04:51 PM
I thought Kyrie was a Boston legend? :yaohappy:
When did I ever say that

Shogon
06-29-2019, 04:51 PM
What the ****?

Free agency hasn't started.

They need to just end the charade. The "beginning" of free agency is a complete facade.

*IF*(huge if that isn't happening imo) Boston can get a replacement for Horford, Boston should be better than last year because of their players maturing, better chemistry with the headcase gone, and Gordon having a full year of recovery under his belt. But that entirely depends on who fills Horford's spot... which nobody might, in which case, regression is likely.

bigkingsfan
06-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Bitch didn't even utilize his supermax.

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 04:53 PM
dumb imo

same team as last yr
Rozier is a bum lmao

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 04:54 PM
What the ****?

Free agency hasn't started.

They need to just end the charade. The "beginning" of free agency is a complete facade.

*IF*(huge if that isn't happening imo) Boston can get a replacement for Horford, Boston should be better than last year because of their players maturing, better chemistry with the headcase gone, and Gordon having a full year of recovery under his belt.
We just need a defensive center. Brown, Tatum and Hayward will all improve and can be capable 15+ ppg scorers

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 04:54 PM
dumb imo

same team as last yr
Kyrie is way better and they lost Big Al. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-29-2019, 04:55 PM
I think this will work out better than most in this thread.

However, this makes not trading Kyrie look even dumber...

But, if the Celtics feature the young guys and let Kemba take a little bit of a back seat and then be the crunch time closer...I really like the potential here.

Especially if Gordon plays above average on both ends.

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 04:57 PM
boston is stupid they shoulda saved their money and kept rozier.
It's desperation. No point punting the cap space to the 2020 because the class is so weak with Davis going to the Lakers. :lol

This is the only move they felt they could make to stay somewhat relevant. Potentially could've had AD, Butler, Kawhi, PG, and they end up with Walker. Ainge played himself. :lol

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 04:59 PM
For those who think Celtics should

RRR3
06-29-2019, 05:01 PM
When did I ever say that
Constantly acting like he was some all time player the last two years.

It’s ok though, Kemba is arguably the most similar player to Kyrie in the league, so I’m sure you’ll be happy with him.

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Constantly acting like he was some all time player the last two years.
Kyrie is all time talent. Who

bison
06-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Good fit for him if true.

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Kyrie is way better and they lost Big Al. :oldlol:

how?

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Terry Rozier did all that sacrificing just for Ainge to stab another PG in the back by not paying them.

Bucks in 4
Raptors in 4
Sixers in 4
Brooklyn in 5
Pistons in 4

Matppak
06-29-2019, 05:35 PM
The Hornets are finally trying to be somewhat smart and not pay for a team that is the 9th seed for at least the next 5 seasons.. but I would've tried to sign and trade Kemba to get a decent piece back..

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Terry Rozier did all that sacrificing just for Ainge to stab another PG in the back by not paying them.

Bucks in 4
Raptors in 4
Sixers in 4
Brooklyn in 5
Pistons in 4
Danny Ainge would

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 05:37 PM
how?
https://herosports.com/nba/player-comparison/kemba-walker-vs-kyrie-irving

Bosnian Sajo
06-29-2019, 06:20 PM
I thought Kemba wanted to resign on a super max with Charlotte? Very strange, hes leaving a lot on the table.

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 06:22 PM
I thought Kemba wanted to resign on a super max with Charlotte? Very strange, hes leaving a lot on the table.
You think MJ offered him the super max?

Real14
06-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Good luck to Kemba

Vino24
06-29-2019, 07:04 PM
Kemba is such a better teammate than Kyrie. Huge win :banana:

bobopenguin
06-29-2019, 07:36 PM
from Kyrie + Anthony Davis to Kemba walker

Celtics 1825
06-29-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this just yet. Kemba certainly won't be a locker room cancer like Kyrie, but he's also a supreme chucker and undersized. Glad we found a good enough replacement PG for Kyrie though, and hope we can make some other moves over the summer to help us become contenders.

CelticBaller
06-29-2019, 07:46 PM
from Kyrie + Anthony Davis to Kemba walker
And ya going from Kyrie and KD to Rozier and Demarcus Cousins :roll:

Manny98
06-29-2019, 07:48 PM
And ya going from Kyrie and KD to Rozier and Demarcus Cousins :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
06-29-2019, 08:01 PM
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this just yet. Kemba certainly won't be a locker room cancer like Kyrie, but he's also a supreme chucker and undersized. Glad we found a good enough replacement PG for Kyrie though, and hope we can make some other moves over the summer to help us become contenders.
Kemba is similar to Kyrie as a player tbh. I predict you won’t notice much of a difference on the court.

Jay-B
06-29-2019, 08:31 PM
At first I wanted to say stupid move but the more I think of it not bad at all might be a great fit

stalkerforlife
06-29-2019, 09:54 PM
If Hayward gets back to form, they will contend.

Kyrie is stupid for leaving.

smoovegittar
06-30-2019, 06:36 AM
Rozier can come to NYC and flourish under Fiz. I'm cool with that.

ImKobe
06-30-2019, 06:42 AM
Ainge really loves his small PGs. From IT to Kyrie to Kemba, all practically the same player.

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2019, 11:10 PM
Kemba roasting MJ.

Tim Bontemps

Verified account

@TimBontemps
Kemba Walker on @notthefakeSVP "​I gave that organization every single thing I could give them. Now it's about competing at the highest level & we all know Boston is doing that year in & year out. I want to be part of something special in terms of competing at the highest level"

Vino24
06-30-2019, 11:13 PM
Kemba roasting MJ.
MJ didn't give him shit for help. MJ really wanted him to go 1-9 :biggums:

dbugz
07-01-2019, 07:36 AM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

We going to the Finals :bowdown:

Gileraracer
07-01-2019, 07:54 AM
141 million for a 5'11 guard who can't even lead his team to the playoffs?

YIKES :oldlol:

Lebron couldn't lead his team to the playoffs and gets a little more :lol

Derka
07-01-2019, 09:39 AM
I'm okay with seeing Rozier go. He has entirely too high an opinion of his talents.

I don't love losing Al. He's a true pro and his intangibles more than make up for the inconsistency in his numeric output.

As for exchanging Kyrie for Walker...I honestly have no idea what to say to that right now. I truly believe that no matter where Kyrie goes in his career, he's always going to find a reason to be unhappy because that's just the kind of person he is. He was far and away the best player to wear a Celtics uniform in the post New Big 3 era but he just wasn't the right guy for the team.

Losing Al/Kyrie/Rozier...getting back Walker. I don't know that we're a better team now than we were yesterday because of this. Brad Stevens has his work cut out for him.

So now Kemba's the stud. He and Hayward have wanted to play together for a while, I know that. Remember Hayward signed an offer sheet with Charlotte before Utah matched it. Hayward needs to earn his f*cking money this year and if he can do that, I think Kemba's FG/3P percentages will come up to where they need to be for a max player on a championship team.

The problem now is...we have literally no one but Robert Williams to play center and with our cap number where it is, we either have to con someone into taking the mid-level OR pick one up off the scrap heap. I also don't know how the hell we're going to defend anyone this year; Marcus Smart can't stop everyone every night.

ronniec
07-01-2019, 10:30 AM
I'm okay with seeing Rozier go. He has entirely too high an opinion of his talents.

I don't love losing Al. He's a true pro and his intangibles more than make up for the inconsistency in his numeric output.

As for exchanging Kyrie for Walker...I honestly have no idea what to say to that right now. I truly believe that no matter where Kyrie goes in his career, he's always going to find a reason to be unhappy because that's just the kind of person he is. He was far and away the best player to wear a Celtics uniform in the post New Big 3 era but he just wasn't the right guy for the team.

Losing Al/Kyrie/Rozier...getting back Walker. I don't know that we're a better team now than we were yesterday because of this. Brad Stevens has his work cut out for him.

So now Kemba's the stud. He and Hayward have wanted to play together for a while, I know that. Remember Hayward signed an offer sheet with Charlotte before Utah matched it. Hayward needs to earn his f*cking money this year and if he can do that, I think Kemba's FG/3P percentages will come up to where they need to be for a max player on a championship team.

The problem now is...we have literally no one but Robert Williams to play center and with our cap number where it is, we either have to con someone into taking the mid-level OR pick one up off the scrap heap. I also don't know how the hell we're going to defend anyone this year; Marcus Smart can't stop everyone every night.

Even with Horford, we had problems defending the big.
I am happy to have Kemba to replace Kyrie.
Don't get me wrong, Kemba is no Kyrie, but Kyrie never showed his leadership when he was with us, but had a lot of dissatisfaction and created confusion to the team, which is not good for the young players. He was a lock room problem.
Kemba may not score that many like Kyrie, but a couple of points here and there, sure the scoring part could be compensate.
The only thing I worry, is the center position and the lack of big man.

GimmeThat
07-02-2019, 02:52 AM
as long as Brad Stevens admits Celtics are re-building

moongaze
07-02-2019, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Constantly acting like he was some all time player the last two years.

It

superduper
07-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Kembas shootibg percentages are nowhere close to kyries. Still posting dumb shit on ish? :facepalm

Bran stans honestly don't have a clue what basketball is

smoovegittar
07-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Enter Enes Kanter. Enjoy! :oldlol:

RRR3
07-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Kembas shootibg percentages are nowhere close to kyries. Still posting dumb shit on ish? :facepalm
Meltdown. Enjoy Kyrie winning 35 games this year.