PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Kemba Walker as a player?

insidehoops
06-29-2019, 10:20 PM
He never put up big assist numbers on the Hornets, but he also wasn't particularly surrounded by much offensive help.

He can definitely get buckets.

His passing is clearly good, but still trying to figure out exactly how good.

What do you think of him overall as a player so far? And defensive as well...

SpaceJam2
06-29-2019, 10:22 PM
Kemba just needs a strong player to carry the workload so he can thrive. He cannot be a #1 option on a title team. I think Boston is just scrambling at this point since they've struck out with nearly everyone else

LukeWalton
06-29-2019, 10:45 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJPOiahFyg06ckWhKjm5itpKSdCf7Nd ZgHqpDA8VB9G5rn9qtQ

I cant tell Walker from Wall

GimmeThat
06-29-2019, 11:15 PM
I don't know about his lateral quickness, I see similarities of him and Rod Strickland on teams emphasizing both sides of the court

Vino24
06-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Kemba just needs a strong player to carry the workload so he can thrive. He cannot be a #1 option on a title team. I think Boston is just scrambling at this point since they've struck out with nearly everyone else
Kemba has never been in a system that can utilize his strengths. Him and Smart are going to be a nasty backcourt. I agree you can't win a chip with him as the #1 option unless these Celtics turn into the mid 2000's Pistons. But they will be a lot more fun to watch :cheers:

OG LeeTSkeeT
06-30-2019, 12:20 AM
Tatum about to flourish

Vino24
06-30-2019, 12:23 AM
Tatum about to flourish
kid is going to be an allstar this year :eek:

Manny98
06-30-2019, 04:36 AM
Poor mans Kyrie

He can't defend, can't facilitate an offense he's just a chucker

smoovegittar
06-30-2019, 07:38 AM
Gonna find out. Wasted a lot of time in Charlotte.

Hotlantadude81
06-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Really good scorer that wil not lead a team anywhere.

Wally450
06-30-2019, 09:14 AM
Poor mans Kyrie

Yet you're excited for a player that does just that. :lol

Manny98
06-30-2019, 09:38 AM
Yet you're excited for a player that does just that. :lol
Except Kyrie is one of the most efficient scorers in the league and averaged 7 assists last season

jleedadj
06-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Kemba is very similar to Kyrie in their way of beating defenders in isolation with highly deceptive/fancy moves. They are both score-first with 'good enough' passing ability and court vision. However, in my opinion, Kyrie has always been a tier-up in all defining aspects (especially efficiency) based on the teams they played with.

Now, with the changing teams, I think the difference will come down to their ego aka compatibility with other teams. Kyrie has shown he wasn't a good fit with the Celtics. With Kemba on the Celtics, he will, for the first time, play with better teammates and a better coach.

I think, with his supposedly lesser ego and hunger for his first championship, Kemba will be a great fit for the Celtics. But he will still struggle with his efficiency as he just isn't a shooter. He will also have to learn to move without the ball more throughout the year.

Real14
06-30-2019, 12:43 PM
I hope he will do better than that bitch Kyrie

Wally450
06-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Except Kyrie is one of the most efficient scorers in the league and averaged 7 assists last season

Because he played under Brads system. He

Vino24
06-30-2019, 02:57 PM
Kemba is very similar to Kyrie in their way of beating defenders in isolation with highly deceptive/fancy moves. They are both score-first with 'good enough' passing ability and court vision. However, in my opinion, Kyrie has always been a tier-up in all defining aspects (especially efficiency) based on the teams they played with.

Now, with the changing teams, I think the difference will come down to their ego aka compatibility with other teams. Kyrie has shown he wasn't a good fit with the Celtics. With Kemba on the Celtics, he will, for the first time, play with better teammates and a better coach.

I think, with his supposedly lesser ego and hunger for his first championship, Kemba will be a great fit for the Celtics. But he will still struggle with his efficiency as he just isn't a shooter. He will also have to learn to move without the ball more throughout the year.
Every point guard has improved efficiency when playing for Boston. Kemba is going to have a good jump this year in that department

Manny98
06-30-2019, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Wally450]Because he played under Brads system. He

Vino24
06-30-2019, 03:03 PM
They why is Rozier still a scrub under Stevens system? :oldlol:
Rozier couldn

Wally450
06-30-2019, 03:14 PM
They why is Rozier still a scrub under Stevens system? :oldlol:

Dudes getting max contract offers lmao.

Manny98
09-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Poor mans Kyrie

Told u so :confusedshrug:

Xiao Yao You
09-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Dudes getting max contract offers lmao.

who offered Rozier max and why didn't he take it?

ronniec
09-12-2019, 10:59 AM
For superstar players, they will get their stats no matter where they play.
They will get their touches, number of shots... etc.

For Kemba, a 2nd-tier player, playing with better players will be a huge difference. Better coaching and teammates means he will have better options and opportunities. Boston runs as a team, and players like Tatum and Brown will get him more space and open shots/layups; and better chance to get his assists.
Kemba never had that in Charlotte.

Don't think Kemba will ever reach Kyrie's prime level, but, a dedicated and focused Kemba will help Boston more than a distracted and injury prone Kyrie.

The team will be better. Not contender, but will run better than last season.

insidehoops
09-28-2019, 05:19 AM
Bump

brooks_thompson
09-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Honestly, I think less of him now after his USA stint. He

ILLsmak
09-29-2019, 06:56 AM
He shouldn't be a bum, but he probably will be. He's got some big shoes to fill. Even tho Kyrie had a disgusting season, I think Kemba will have more pressure on him. A lot of Boston is gone. We'll see. I hope he does well, but I dunno...

-Smak

coin24
09-29-2019, 07:06 AM
He has a few decent games here and there, def not a max player or team leader.. losing lamb will hurt more than kemba for Charlotte

And Boston :lol rest in piss