06-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Awesome :roll:

Don

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-30-2019, 06:34 PM
damn, RIP Rubio... :(

Basketbolero
06-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Says his goal is to join a team that will make the playoffs... proceeds to sign with Phoenix...

qrich
06-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Rubio is a good fit for Phoenix with his passing ability. But a bit of an overpay

BallsOut
06-30-2019, 06:48 PM
lol any defenders on phoenix??

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2019, 06:49 PM
Rubio is a good fit for Phoenix with his passing ability. But a bit of an overpay

if they have shooters and defenders around him. They certainly don't defend

highwhey
06-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Almost feel sorry for that sorry ass franchise! :roll:
look in the mirror pal, racist ass city :roll:

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2019, 07:01 PM
look in the mirror pal, racist ass city :roll:

sorry ass franchise that is the favorite now because Bricky and Favors were finally replaced with guys that actually fit around Rudy?:cheers:

stalkerforlife
06-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Great fit.

Defends and is a pure PG.

Doesn't have to shoot to be effective.

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Great fit.

Defends and is a pure PG.

Doesn't have to shoot to be effective.

if defending means going for steals and playing behind your defender than sure

stalkerforlife
06-30-2019, 07:29 PM
if defending means going for steals and playing behind your defender than sure

He's a top 5 defender at the PG slot.

Does as much as he can with the rules.

When PHX gets better, he'll be a huge reason why.

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2019, 07:31 PM
He's a top 5 defender at the PG slot.

Does as much as he can with the rules.

When PHX gets better, he'll be a huge reason why.

I've watched him plenty. He's long. He plays behind his guy or gets blown past by his guy and goes for steals.

The Suns won't get better. They are a shitshow. This is the latest chapter

stalkerforlife
06-30-2019, 07:36 PM
I've watched him plenty. He's long. He plays behind his guy or gets blown past by his guy and goes for steals.

What would you like to bet that the Suns get better?

Last thing they needed was a shot chucker.

He's an ideal fit.

highwhey
06-30-2019, 07:36 PM
this mormon is triggered AF :roll:

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2019, 07:38 PM
What would you like to bet that the Suns get better?

Last thing they needed was a shot chucker.

He's an ideal for.

they might get better since they had no pg and they are a year older. They franchise is a joke though and Rick should be a backup in the league not a starter. Aren't going anywhere with him

wagexslave
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM

If you truly believe that you're in for a rude awakening. There is no possible way that the Suns aren't better next season barring injuries. It can be heavily argued that the Suns roster that was playing towards the end of last season was already much better than their record. They were cursed with key injuries all year long, had constant moving pieces, a rookie head coach who took a long time to figure out wtf he was doing and get a system going, and they were playing cancers like Trevor Ariza, Tyson Chandler, and Ryan Anderson that were god awful and didn't give a shit about trying to win in Phoenix. All season long they were forced to start scrubs like Isiah Canaan, Ellie Okobo, Deanthony Melton, Dragan Bender, etc.

But once we got Kelly Oubre, Tyler Johnson(who isn't even particularly good at anything but was still such an upgrade over those scrub g-league PGs), Devin Booker's injuries settled down and he was back to his old self, and the players FINALLY got to play with the same group long enough to build some chemistry and gel together in the new system, they were actually winning games even against some of the best teams in the league.

And since then the roster has only improved a lot. We went from having 0 real PGs to having 2, one with not only heavy starter experience but playoff experience. You can hate on Rubio all you want but he's such an upgrade over what Phoenix had it's not even funny. And you can call him overpaid but if you actually look at the contracts players have been getting. You have scrubs like Terry Rozier getting $57m and Cory Joseph getting $37m these days. Rubio at $51m looks like a steal to me, especially considering bad teams almost always HAVE to overpay in today's league to get free agents. And we went from having nothing but g-league level power forwards, to having a legit starter and a legit 2nd string. Guys like Ayton, Booker, Bridges, and Oubre(assuming we manage to keep him) aren't even in their primes yet and should only get better with age and experience.

And you can hate on Rubio all you want, but everyone knows Rubio wasn't getting utilized correctly in Utah. When he went to Utah his stats dropped big time. The system Utah has doesn't allow him to be the primary ballhandler as much as he needs. Phoenix desperately needed a primary ballhandler and have built a roster that will surround him with 2/3/4's who can pretty much all knock down 3s. Deandre Ayton is going to feast in the paint and we also got a good backup for Ayton in Baynes. Devin Booker has demanded so many double teams in the past, but now teams wont be able to do that with a good playmaking PG who can actually feed it to Ayton, Bridges, Oubre etc.

We don't need our PG to be a scorer. We just needed someone to create plays and play at least decent defense. And we got that. I ****ing love the fit. If the starters all stay healthy I'll be shocked if this roster doesn't win AT LEAST 30 games, and with another year of experience for the young guys and Tyler Johnsons ridiculous contract coming off the books next offseason, getting 1 more good piece next offseason could make this a playoff team finally. We have to lock Oubre up though and not overpay much for him.

sportjames23
07-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Says his goal is to join a team that will make the playoffs... proceeds to sign with Phoenix...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 10:22 AM
If you truly believe that you're in for a rude awakening. There is no possible way that the Suns aren't better next season barring injuries. It can be heavily argued that the Suns roster that was playing towards the end of last season was already much better than their record. They were cursed with key injuries all year long, had constant moving pieces, a rookie head coach who took a long time to figure out wtf he was doing and get a system going, and they were playing cancers like Trevor Ariza, Tyson Chandler, and Ryan Anderson that were god awful and didn't give a shit about trying to win in Phoenix. All season long they were forced to start scrubs like Isiah Canaan, Ellie Okobo, Deanthony Melton, Dragan Bender, etc.

But once we got Kelly Oubre, Tyler Johnson(who isn't even particularly good at anything but was still such an upgrade over those scrub g-league PGs), Devin Booker's injuries settled down and he was back to his old self, and the players FINALLY got to play with the same group long enough to build some chemistry and gel together in the new system, they were actually winning games even against some of the best teams in the league.

And since then the roster has only improved a lot. We went from having 0 real PGs to having 2, one with not only heavy starter experience but playoff experience. You can hate on Rubio all you want but he's such an upgrade over what Phoenix had it's not even funny. And you can call him overpaid but if you actually look at the contracts players have been getting. You have scrubs like Terry Rozier getting $57m and Cory Joseph getting $37m these days. Rubio at $51m looks like a steal to me, especially considering bad teams almost always HAVE to overpay in today's league to get free agents. And we went from having nothing but g-league level power forwards, to having a legit starter and a legit 2nd string. Guys like Ayton, Booker, Bridges, and Oubre(assuming we manage to keep him) aren't even in their primes yet and should only get better with age and experience.

And you can hate on Rubio all you want, but everyone knows Rubio wasn't getting utilized correctly in Utah. When he went to Utah his stats dropped big time. The system Utah has doesn't allow him to be the primary ballhandler as much as he needs. Phoenix desperately needed a primary ballhandler and have built a roster that will surround him with 2/3/4's who can pretty much all knock down 3s. Deandre Ayton is going to feast in the paint and we also got a good backup for Ayton in Baynes. Devin Booker has demanded so many double teams in the past, but now teams wont be able to do that with a good playmaking PG who can actually feed it to Ayton, Bridges, Oubre etc.

We don't need our PG to be a scorer. We just needed someone to create plays and play at least decent defense. And we got that. I ****ing love the fit. If the starters all stay healthy I'll be shocked if this roster doesn't win AT LEAST 30 games, and with another year of experience for the young guys and Tyler Johnsons ridiculous contract coming off the books next offseason, getting 1 more good piece next offseason could make this a playoff team finally. We have to lock Oubre up though and not overpay much for him.

The Suns will be better than last year but as long as Sarver is their owner they aren't going anywhere. Looked like Igor had a system to me. Same one as the Jazz basically. Rubio never fit in Utah. Never made sense to get him. He is a backup so yes he is highly overpaid. 30 games no way!

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 10:24 AM

He wanted to be a big part of a team playing for titles which was delusional. The Suns may have been the only place to offer him a starting job. He should be a backup

jayfan
07-02-2019, 10:52 AM
sorry ass franchise that is the favorite now because Bricky and Favors were finally replaced with guys that actually fit around Rudy?:cheers:

Does this mean you won't make anymore excuses for Rudy?

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Does this mean you won't make anymore excuses for Rudy?

There's plenty of excuses if they really plan on playing Bojan at the 3 and running out some unknown guy on a minimum salary to play the 4. There's also Dante and Snyder and the front office still...

Basketbolero
07-02-2019, 11:40 AM
He wanted to be a big part of a team playing for titles which was delusional. The Suns may have been the only place to offer him a starting job. He should be a backup
Yeah, I was aware, he did a couple of interviews recently with Spanish media speaking along those lines.

He's still pissed that Jazz would rather have Conley, I mean... I know for a fact he's a nice dude but doesn't seem to be fully aware of his current value.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I was aware, he did a couple of interviews recently with Spanish media speaking along those lines.

He's still pissed that Jazz would rather have Conley, I mean... I know for a fact he's a nice dude but doesn't seem to be fully aware of his current value.

Him and his business manager certainly don't. They might have a better idea now that he's in Phoenix and not Boston as he thought he'd be. He's mentally weak. Never got past getting mentioned in trade rumors

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 11:46 AM

the suns have a real coach now and a real pg, ayton is a dub machine without a real pg the suns will win 45+ games next season.

oh yeah booker shits on mitchell how about that :lol

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 11:50 AM
the suns have a real coach now and a real pg, ayton is a dub machine without a real pg the suns will win 45+ games next season.

oh yeah booker shits on mitchell how about that :lol

A real pg if it was 1980 sure. The year is 2019 in case you was wondering.

When Booker wins some games and plays any D we can have a conversation about that

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 11:52 AM
A real pg if it was 1980 sure. The year is 2019 in case you was wondering.

When Booker wins some games and plays any D we can have a conversation about that

well it starts now :banana:

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 11:53 AM
well it starts now :banana:

most people in Utah were excited about Ricky when they got him too :facepalm

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 11:54 AM
btw id rather have rubio than conley

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 11:55 AM
btw id rather have rubio than conley

ok :roll:

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 12:00 PM
most people in Utah were excited about Ricky when they got him too :facepalm

im sure they were

but if i tell u the truth im not a Rubio fan but he is a good pure pg it reminds me of the 04/05 season when the suns signed nash.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 12:01 PM
im sure they were

but if i tell u the truth im not a Rubio fan but he is a good pure pg it reminds me of the 04/05 season when the suns signed nash.

Yeah pretty much just the same except Nash could shoot and take care of the ball.

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 12:03 PM
ok :roll:

i think conley is a loser and he had shity injuries

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 12:04 PM
i think conley is a loser and he had shity injuries

How do you figure he's a loser? No one wanted to play Memphis for years. His last injury was shitty sure. Had a great year last year. Conley injured > Rubio

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 12:05 PM
What happened to cuteasRubio? He must be happy! :lol

GreatHILL
07-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Yeah pretty much just the same except Nash could shoot and take care of the ball.

Rubio can take care of the ball too, sure his offense is garbage but his defense is pretty good and he can pass like crazy just what the suns need :rockon:

anyway im done in this thread good luck to your jazz and go Suns! :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Rubio can take care of the ball too, sure his offense is garbage but his defense is pretty good and he can pass like crazy just what the suns need :rockon:

anyway im done in this thread good luck to your jazz and go Suns! :oldlol:

He turns it over a lot. He makes lots of head scratching passes. Matadors don't play much D. He does get steals as guys blow by him on occasion though!

Kiddlovesnets
07-02-2019, 12:37 PM
The Suns always amuse us with silly moves they make, even the Knicks can at least get the right things done from time to time.

wagexslave
07-02-2019, 01:52 PM
How people are trying to spin this as a bad move is beyond me. The Suns had G league level PGs last season. Now they went out and got probably the only guy willing to go there with starting+playoff experience. And they can still sign Kelly Oubre AND don't have to stretch Tyler Johnson's contract, trade anybody else, etc.

They would have had to jump through hoops to get D'lo or Brogdon. Beverly is 30 and wanted to play in the playoffs. And as I already said, we have scrubs like Terry Rozier getting more money than we gave Rubio, and Cory f*cking Joseph got 3 years 37m to be a backup. Kyrie already was going to the Nets, and we couldn't afford to give him or Kemba the contracts they got even if we did jump through hoops(not like there's even a chance we'd have been able to convince them to come here anyways, lets be real). Almost everyone else on the market was straight trash.

People's minds must be stuck in the old days before the CBA when you could get a guy like Rubio for way less. Players are getting paid these days, especially when you're a bad team. Nobody's going to take less money to come to Phoenix. This is the reality of the situation the Suns were in. And if anyone thinks they would've been better off just going into the season with G-league PGs again you must be out of your f*cking mind.

wagexslave
07-02-2019, 02:06 PM
The Suns will be better than last year but as long as Sarver is their owner they aren't going anywhere. Looked like Igor had a system to me. Same one as the Jazz basically. Rubio never fit in Utah. Never made sense to get him. He is a backup so yes he is highly overpaid. 30 games no way!
It's already not crazy to think the Suns could've won 30 games last season if they had their final roster the whole season and all the starters stayed healthy. They were playing good ball until guys started getting injured again right at the end. And Igor had a system but it took a long ass time before the roster stabilized enough for the team to gel in it.

Also his system was flawed because it heavily under-utilized Deandre Ayton, especially late in games. How do you go away from your most efficient scorer when the game is on the line almost every single time? There were countless close losses where we just needed a bucket or 2 to win and Igor had guys like f*cking Jamal Crawford and Troy Daniels chucking 3s at will. Not once did I ever remember him going to Deandre late in the 4th. How someone gets a beast #1 overall pick center putting up historic scoring efficiency numbers and doesn't want to make him one of the main focal points of the offense is beyond me.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 12:33 AM
How people are trying to spin this as a bad move is beyond me. The Suns had G league level PGs last season. Now they went out and got probably the only guy willing to go there with starting+playoff experience. And they can still sign Kelly Oubre AND don't have to stretch Tyler Johnson's contract, trade anybody else, etc.

They would have had to jump through hoops to get D'lo or Brogdon. Beverly is 30 and wanted to play in the playoffs. And as I already said, we have scrubs like Terry Rozier getting more money than we gave Rubio, and Cory f*cking Joseph got 3 years 37m to be a backup. Kyrie already was going to the Nets, and we couldn't afford to give him or Kemba the contracts they got even if we did jump through hoops(not like there's even a chance we'd have been able to convince them to come here anyways, lets be real). Almost everyone else on the market was straight trash.

People's minds must be stuck in the old days before the CBA when you could get a guy like Rubio for way less. Players are getting paid these days, especially when you're a bad team. Nobody's going to take less money to come to Phoenix. This is the reality of the situation the Suns were in. And if anyone thinks they would've been better off just going into the season with G-league PGs again you must be out of your f*cking mind.

Rubio should be a backup so spin it anyway you want it

GimmeThat
07-03-2019, 12:35 AM
the key thing about Rubio, is you want your 3 ahead of him offensively, and your 4 making the decision on which side is the weak side with your 2 rotating. Now how this works defensively, is you set it up for rebounding position, because even if the opposing team tries to go for screens, Rubio can still contest.

When it comes to the playoffs, you should have your big man practiced the drills of the give and go because his size still bothers the other team.

wagexslave
07-03-2019, 12:38 AM
Rubio should be a backup so spin it anyway you want it
Who do you suggest we should have got then?

highwhey
07-03-2019, 12:49 AM
Rubio will fit great in Phoenix because he finally has a great 2 next to him. Trust me, he won't miss Mitchell's chucking. Booker is a superior scorer from anywhere on the court. Plus, we have other 3pt shooters and Ayton is a superior offensive player to Rudy so there's that. :rockon:

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 01:49 AM
Who do you suggest we should have got then?

someone that doesn't cost 17 million a year over 3 years and should be coming off the bench

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 01:50 AM
Rubio will fit great in Phoenix because he finally has a great 2 next to him. Trust me, he won't miss Mitchell's chucking. Booker is a superior scorer from anywhere on the court. Plus, we have other 3pt shooters and Ayton is a superior offensive player to Rudy so there's that. :rockon:

the Matador D will get exposed without Rudy to save his sorry ass

wagexslave
07-03-2019, 09:20 AM
someone that doesn't cost 17 million a year over 3 years and should be coming off the bench
You're the only one I've ever seen saying Rubio should 100% be a bench player. Who's opinion do you think I'm going to trust? 1 random dude on ISH? Or just about everyone else? You're in the minority on this one. I've even seen plenty of Jazz fans who liked what Ricky brought to the table and said they're gonna miss him etc.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 09:28 AM
You're the only one I've ever seen saying Rubio should 100% be a bench player. Who's opinion do you think I'm going to trust? 1 random dude on ISH? Or just about everyone else? You're in the minority on this one. I've even seen plenty of Jazz fans who liked what Ricky brought to the table and said they're gonna miss him etc.

The fact that he's on the Suns after talking about leading a winner to a championship with someone like Boston tells me few GM's see him as a starter. Only the desperate and poorly ran Suns see him as one. Where else could he start?

He plays with a lot of energy. Perfect to come off the bench. He can't shoot. He can't finish. He can't defend. He makes some of the worst passes you will ever see. Turns it over a lot. Low BB IQ.

wagexslave
07-03-2019, 09:36 AM
The fact that he's on the Suns after talking about leading a winner to a championship with someone like Boston tells me few GM's see him as a starter. Only the desperate and poorly ran Suns see him as one. Where else could he start?

He plays with a lot of energy. Perfect to come off the bench. He can't shoot. He can't finish. He can't defend. He makes some of the worst passes you will ever see. Turns it over a lot. Low BB IQ.
lol The Celtics got Kemba. It's not an apples for apples situation. If they were in the same situation as the Suns, with salary cap issues and unable to get the top tier PGs, who's to say they wouldn't have signed Rubio for a similar contract? Nobody's saying Rubio is the cream of the crop. But the fact of the matter is he fits well in Phoenix, has plenty of experience which is something the Suns need, is a good team chemistry guy, and I'm sure as hell paying Rubio 17m a year for 3 years rather than go into next season playing G-league players again. And I'll take him over Terry Rozier or Cory Joseph any day, but that's just me.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 09:43 AM
lol The Celtics got Kemba. It's not an apples for apples situation. If they were in the same situation as the Suns, with salary cap issues and unable to get the top tier PGs, who's to say they wouldn't have signed Rubio for a similar contract? Nobody's saying Rubio is the cream of the crop. But the fact of the matter is he fits well in Phoenix, has plenty of experience which is something the Suns need, is a good team chemistry guy, and I'm sure as hell paying Rubio 17m a year for 3 years rather than go into next season playing G-league players again. And I'll take him over Terry Rozier or Cory Joseph any day, but that's just me.

Ainge would have never touched Rubio.The fact that Ricky thought they would is hilarious.

He fits in Phoenix because they were desperate and suck.

I'd rather have the Gleaguer. I certainly preferred Neto over him and certainly Joseph. That would have saved you a lot of money to spend elsewhere

brooks_thompson
07-03-2019, 12:57 PM

Seriously. Plus, Indiana wanted him.

https://youtu.be/b43kQsPNN4s

That kind of attitude and joy to play will do wonders for Phoenix. I mean, shit, that's like a real-life movie character good.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Seriously. Plus, Indiana wanted him.

https://youtu.be/b43kQsPNN4s

That kind of attitude and joy to play will do wonders for Phoenix. I mean, shit, that's like a real-life movie character good.

Indiana wanted him so much they overpaid Brogdon and gave up 3 picks!

Vino24
07-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Suns fans getting excited at the prospect of winning 30 games. I guess that

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Suns fans getting excited at the prospect of winning 30 games. I guess that

Levity
07-03-2019, 02:28 PM
XYY continuing his claim to fame as ISH's biggest contributor to any/all Rubio threads.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2019, 02:39 PM
XYY continuing his claim to fame as ISH's biggest contributor to any/all Rubio threads.

yeah I'm worried about CuterthanRubio