06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
what?

D-Wade
http://www.wwe.com/

D-Wade
ONE THE FRONT PAGE

WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family.

West-Side
06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
WHAT THE ****, I just seen this man wrestle last week? OMG, this is devastating.

RIP Benoit

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
This is somthing you dont expect. If him and his family are found dead, thay was all murdered?

fatboy11
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow.

RIP, Crippler.

B-Low
06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
wtf?? he was just supposed to wrestle last night (but he got pulled from the card)

http://rajah.com/base/node/8337

this says WWE.com also removed all the stuff about Vince's death from the front page. I guess they don't wanna play around with the idea of death anymore.

RIP Benoit :(

D-Wade
Credit: PWInsider.com

We are still awaiting further details, but we are extremely saddened to report that former WWE and WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to the Benoits' family, friends, and fans at this time.

A meeting is currently ongoing at WWE TV and it is expected that tonight's three hour Raw will now be dedicated to Benoit's memory.

6:09 Update: WWE.com issued the following statement this afternoon: "WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family."

A-MATT
wtf?? he was just supposed to wrestle last night (but he got pulled from the card)

this says WWE.com also removed all the stuff about Vince's death from the front page. I guess they don't wanna play around with the idea of death anymore.

the reason why he got pulled last last was because of personal reasons.

:cry: :cry:

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM

Thay said on the PPV he had to go home for family reasons. On another forum last night thay said he went home in an emergency because of a death in the family.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Thay said on the PPV he had to go home for family reasons. On another forum last night thay said he went home in an emergency because of a death in the family.

u think its real

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:25 PM
u think its real

Why would he go home last night and thay mention him on the PPV he had to go home? If it is a storyline i wont watch WWE ever again.

D-Wade
Wrestling Observer:

Quote: The WWE just told its talent and released on its web site that Chris Benoit was found dead by Atlanta police.

Benoit, wife Nancy aka Woman and son Daniel were all found dead. We have no other details at this moment.

All plans for Raw tonight have been scrapped and they will do a show on the life of Benoit.

Richie2k6
What the f*ck? The Rabid Wolverine is dead? What the hell? Oh God. RIP. What the... this is devastating...

B-Low
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Damn first Eddie now him :(

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4205/benoitandeddieye8.jpg

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
and i was looking forward to watching raw tonight

bokes15
06-25-2007, 06:27 PM
OH SH!T it's real!!! RIP Chris Benoit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

Christopher Benoit (May 21, 1967-June 25, 2007) was a Canadian professional wrestler who performed in Extreme Championship Wrestling, World Championship Wrestling, and at the time of his death, World Wrestling Entertainment on its ECW brand.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
OH SH!T it's real!!! RIP Chris Benoit!

yeah i saw that too.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
If Atlanta police found them all dead, then i suspect foul play

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM

whats wrong with atlanta's police.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
the story is just updated on wwe.com

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Is this for real, or a WWE storyline.

bokes15
06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I doubt it's fake. Firstly, they didn't say he was "presumed dead" they just said straight up, he's dead. Secondly, I checked wikipedia after the Vince Mcmahon thing and it showed that it was a storyline. But If they are lying about it, this just crossed the line.:no:

D-Wade
whats wrong with atlanta's police.

I meen thay was called to the house for a reason.

Something is weird about this, especially when you consider that Benoit was called away from Sunday night's PPV because of a "family emergency".

Richie2k6
the story is just updated on wwe.com
Looks the same to me.

D-Wade
I doubt it's fake. Firstly, they didn't say he was "presumed dead" they just said straight up, he's dead. Secondly, I checked wikipedia after the Vince Mcmahon thing and it showed that it was a storyline. But If they are lying about it, this just crossed the line.:no:

I dont meen fake, i meen thay obviously been murdered.

Richie2k6
And I can guarantee it's not fake. WWE wouldn't involve his family if it were fake. They wouldn't go this far. Completely real.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Is this for real, or a WWE storyline.

Looks for real :cry:

i hope it turns out as a story

Something is weird about this, especially when you consider that Benoit was called away from Sunday night's PPV because of a "family emergency".

B-Low
06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
If WWE made something like this up there's no way i would ever watch them again.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:36 PM
yesterday at vengeance everybody booed the announcer when he announed that benoit will drop out of the match. everybody thought he was injured or something. we never saw this coming.

knicks15
i think either him or his wife flipped out and killed them all. just a guess tho.

i dont watch wrestling but the whole mcmahon death thing makes them look like asses now. i assume he was still "dead"(?) wonder how itll play out tonight

Showtime
If this did turn out to be fake, would you guys stop watching them for going this far?

Targus
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow...this is terrible. i remember watching him back in WCW, the toothless assassin. RIP to him and his family.

knicks15
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
If this did turn out to be fake, would you guys stop watching them for going this far?

if it were fake, they wouldnt involve his wife and kids.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
if it were fake, they wouldnt involve his wife and kids.

not nesseciarly. remeber Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero. They died alone.

B-Low
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah thats why i'm saying i would never watch again...if they sunk low enough to bring his wife and kids in.

I remember when Eddie died i was p!ssed cuz they ran that whole storyline with Rey Mysterio, Chavo and then brought in Eddie's wife and son

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
i think either him or his wife flipped out and killed them all. just a guess tho.

i dont watch wrestling but the whole mcmahon death thing makes them look like asses now. i assume he was still "dead"(?) wonder how itll play out tonight

So do i. Thay said at last nights PPV that Benoit had to go home for ''personal family reasons'' Say his wife said she was leaving him and he has gone home to try stop her. One of them flipped out, does happen

Moose
Man this sucks, i was thinking the other day what if a wrestler died, what will happen to Vince Mcmahon? Now it happened.

bokes15
[QUOTE=Targus

Fudge
No way. Fake, fake, fake. He can't be dead - First Eddie, now him. No way.

D-Wade
Yeah thats why i'm saying i would never watch again...if they sunk low enough to bring his wife and kids in.

I remember when Eddie died i was p!ssed cuz they ran that whole storyline with Rey Mysterio, Chavo and then brought in Eddie's wife and son

I would never watch again

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah, and i also remember they used to call him "dead man walking", i think that was him right?

undertaker

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
are yall still watching raw tonight.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
are yall still watching raw tonight.

Yes because Raw has been scrapped. It is all about Chris Benoit tonight

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Man this sucks, i was thinking the other day what if a wrestler died, what will happen to Vince Mcmahon? Now it happened.
I HATE when that happens... happens to me all the time. Sometimes I think it's a gift from God is how often it happens to me. I think of something, then it happens. "What if", then it actually happens. It's only for certain things and certain times though... God it's hard to explain. But it's freaky. Sometimes goes beyond coincidental.

B-Low
06-25-2007, 06:46 PM

She wasn't STILL a wrestler but Sensational Sherri died like 4-5 days ago and WWE still shamelessly played out the Vince death angle

Like you guys said i wanna see if Vince will appear at the Benoit tribute tonight.

On another note there's a lot of ex-wrestlers and guys who are with other wrestling companies who i wonder if we'll see tonight. Benoit and Chris Jericho were like best friends. Same with Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko (damn i remember when the Radicalz first came to WWF...now 2 of them are dead)

L.Kizzle
And I can guarantee it's not fake. WWE wouldn't involve his family if it were fake. They wouldn't go this far. Completely real.
WWE has invloved many family members in fake death events.

Remeber back in 99 Big Show's supposed father died and Big Boss Man can and wrecked havoc at the funeral.

A-MATT
Yes because Raw has been scrapped. It is all about Chris Benoit tonight

i might watch it, but only if the astros are losing to the milwaukee brewers.

knicks15
06-25-2007, 06:47 PM
not nesseciarly. remeber Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero. They died alone.

huh? im saying if it was a storyline, they wouldnt say his wife and kids are dead also. well at least his kid.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM

Remeber back in 99 Big Show's supposed father died and Big Boss Man can and wrecked havoc at the funeral.

and remember when Torrie Wilson's father died at him and Dawn Marie's honeymoon

Richie2k6

:oldlol: Oh yeah. But this is everywhere, not just on WWE.com. And you can just feel that this one isn't a gimmick. Especially with the fact that he got pulled out of the PPV on Sunday.

If this is fake, though, f*ck wrestling. For my 10+ years of enjoying it, I'll hate it forever. This would be crossing the line. Hell, this would be stomping and spitting on the line.

Faufner
Horrible news. I've been watching this guy since the beginning.

First Eddy now The Crippler.

RIP.

GoRapz
06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
wow, what the ****, no way man. :cry:

RIP to Chris Benoit. When he had the World Heavyweight Championship the angle with him and evolution was great.

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
THE STORY IS FAKE GUYS

Chris Benoit googled (http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab=wn&hl=en&q=Chris%20Benoit)

It seems s if only wrestling new sites have picked up the story. Chris Benoit is a pretty big/famous wrestler and for it not to be on CNN, or ESPN, the story is bogus.

bokes15
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
THE STORY IS FAKE GUYS

Chris Benoit googled (http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab=wn&hl=en&q=Chris%20Benoit)

It seems s if only wrestling new sites have picked up the story. Chris Benoit is a pretty big/famous wrestler and for it not to be on CNN, or ESPN, the story is bogus.

Wikipedia has it too. Yeah i know, not the most authoritative site, but when Vince Mcmahon "died" they called it a story.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
THE STORY IS FAKE GUYS

Lets hope, also lets not all forget that his wife she was a former wrestler/valet in WCW. Thats where he met her.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
THE STORY IS FAKE GUYS

:wtf:

knicks15
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
THE STORY IS FAKE GUYS

it would make sense that the wrestling sites were the first ones to write stories about it, being he was a wrestler and the fan base would be the most interested. it sounds like it just happened so maybe mainstream news is working on stories now

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Wikipedia has it too. Yeah i know, not the most authoritative site, but when Vince Mcmahon "died" they called it a story.

but on wikipedia they didnt have the year and month he died., but on benoit it does.

SsKSpurs21
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I HATE when that happens... happens to me all the time. Sometimes I think it's a gift from God is how often it happens to me. I think of something, then it happens. "What if", then it actually happens. It's only for certain things and certain times though... God it's hard to explain. But it's freaky. Sometimes goes beyond coincidental.

i remember a few months ago when the anna nicole baby fiasco was going on and she was all over the news...i said to myself, "damn, i wish this B--- would just die already!" the next day i was watching the news and it was reported that she died that night! :eek:

Take Your Lumps
It's really ridiculous that they have to resort to staged deaths now for ratings.

I don't understand how grown folk can still watch this stuff when there's plenty of MMA & UFC out there...

RIP WWE

Richie2k6
WWE Spoiler sites say it's real.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 06:58 PM
It's really ridiculous that they have to resort to staged deaths now for ratings.

RIP WWE
That was actually pretty funny.

But this is real.

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
They also said that Vince is dead.

I won't believe it (I hope it's not true) until it's on CNN or NYTime or ESPN.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:00 PM

wheres some links?

D-Wade
You will be able to tell tonight if it is real

BFRESH44
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/fb/Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_WrestleMania_XX.j pg

Cannot believe both them dudes dead now.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
wheres some links?
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=184817262

White Chocolate
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm at a loss of words. I don't what to say. There's only two possibilities:

1)Someone killed all of them

2)Carbon monoxide

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Why is there NOTHING on Cnn's front page about this?

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
wheres some links?

Yeah, besides stupid wrestling nerd sites.....

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm at a loss of words. I don't what to say. There's only two possibilities:

1)Someone killed all of them

2)Carbon monoxide

Well, at last nights WWE PPV he was ment to wrestle. Come the match thay said ''Chris Benoit has had to go home for personal family reasons'' What reason? His wife called him and said she was leaving him, he went home to try and stop her from going. Next thing she is about to walk about he cant let her go, loses it and next thing she is dead.

bokes15
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
It's pretty sad that the WWE has resorted to faking deaths. Now when someone is reported dead, it's always a question of whether the death is fake or real.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
:confusedshrug:

Pretty stupid.

L.Kizzle
Because this is a well planned out WWE Storyline.

dak121
Damn. Woman died too. I remember her and Miss Elizabeth had a feud in WCW. Now both of them are gone.

That is some horrible stuff. Benoit was a great wrestler.

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Any MAJOR news sites carrying this?

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM

good point.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I have been to CNN and Fox, NOTHING!

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM

me too

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
So apparently he missed a Smackdown house-show to rush back home to deal with something, yet they thought he'd probably be back for the PPV .. obviously that didn't happen, and now this? It really does sound ****ing suspicious, especially with it involving the whole family. I really don't know what's gonna come out about it.

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
50 minutes left till we get all the answers.

B-Low
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
A guy on another board raised a GREAT point that pretty much confirmed in my head that this is real.

After what happened to Eddie G. there is NO WAY Benoit would do an angle that mocks death. Especially someone who has devoted his life to wrestling like Benoit. He'd walk out before he did this crap. No way on earth. He cared way too much about Eddie

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
A guy on another board raised a GREAT point that pretty much confirmed in my head that this is real.

After what happened to Eddie G. there is NO WAY Benoit would do an angle that mocks death. Especially someone who has devoted his life to wrestling like Benoit. He'd walk out before he did this crap. No way on earth. He cared way too much about Eddie
True. He'd never reinact the death of one of his best friends.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I feel ****ing bad, very bad.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Courtesy 1wrestling.com

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & FAMILY
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

Heilige
I'm going with it being a work, for now. Nothing, and I mean nothing, on the international wire. Nothing in Calgary, nothing in Atlanta. Nothing that even points to a mass killing.

No one else is covering this. WWE stands to lose a lot from this if it isn't real.

If it IS a work, it's a be a big one... TNA has something on their front page about it, too.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416

I don't know what the hell to think.

bokes15
I found this on a spoiler website:

PWHeadlines >> WWE News >> BREAKING NEWS: Chris Benoit and Wife Found Dead

Reported By Patrick W. Boucher on Jun 25, 2007 - 5:09:39 PM

PWHeadlines is saddened to break the following news.

Chris Benoit and his wife, former ECW and WCW personality, Nancy were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Details are sketchy at this point in time. A meeting is ongoing within WWE and RAW will be dedicated to Chris Benoit.

WWE issued the following statement:

WWE.com issued the following statement this afternoon: "WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family."

UPDATE: Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood.

UPDATE: Benoit's son Daniel was also found dead. (Wrestling Observer)

We here at the site give our deepest condolences to the families.

R.I.P.

They

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
****ing hell. Now i am in depresion mode, it is real guys.

Just go to the TNA website

TNA MOURNS THE LOSS OF CHRIS BENOIT

Everyone in the TNA family joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely passing of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel.

Many TNA staff and stars worked closely with Chris throughout his career and we are all shocked and saddened to lose a friend and legendary competitor. Benoit was considered a consummate professional both in and out of the ring.

As details develop, those who knew and admired Chris are shocked and saddened to hear of he and his family's untimely passing.

Please keep Chris and the Benoit family in your thoughts and prayers during this time of tragedy.

Richie2k6
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]They

Cherokee Parks
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]They

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Hell yeah it real. Im freaking pissed.

D-Wade

Everyone in the TNA family joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely passing of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel.

Many TNA staff and stars worked closely with Chris throughout his career and we are all shocked and saddened to lose a friend and legendary competitor. Benoit was considered a consummate professional both in and out of the ring.

As details develop, those who knew and admired Chris are shocked and saddened to hear of he and his family's untimely passing.

Please keep Chris and the Benoit family in your thoughts and prayers during this time of tragedy.

this explains it all

bokes15
PWHeadlines >> WWE News >> BREAKING NEWS: Chris Benoit and Wife Found Dead

Reported By Patrick W. Boucher on Jun 25, 2007 - 5:09:39 PM

PWHeadlines is saddened to break the following news.

Chris Benoit and his wife, former ECW and WCW personality, Nancy were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Details are sketchy at this point in time. A meeting is ongoing within WWE and RAW will be dedicated to Chris Benoit.

WWE issued the following statement:

WWE.com issued the following statement this afternoon: "WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family."

UPDATE: Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood.

UPDATE: Benoit's son Daniel was also found dead. (Wrestling Observer)

We here at the site give our deepest condolences to the families.

They gave actual names with this site.

Cherokee Parks

Dude...these are ALL wrestling sites reporting this so far......why?

Heilige
06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
http://www.thescore.ca/

The Canadian network which airs Raw has a blurb on their website now.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
:rolleyes:

ElPigto
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM

He was a wrestler perhaps?

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:22 PM

That is not a wrestling news site, that is another wrestling company's site.

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:22 PM
http://www.thescore.ca/

The Canadian network which airs Raw has a blurb on their website now.

Surely this story is worthy of more than 2 sentences, eh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

B-Low
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Uhhh because he was a WRESTLER??

Come on man thats like asking why NBA.com has news about NBA players first

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Surely this story is worthy of more than 2 sentences, eh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The Score really isn't that big on wrestling. They're a hockey/basketball/baseball station.

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Uhhh because he was a WRESTLER??

Come on man thats like asking why NBA.com has news about NBA players first

Yeah, and this isn't big enough for CNN to carry....lol

Heilige
06-25-2007, 07:25 PM
It takes time before real journalists confirm things. That being said, it's in the Atlanta media.

http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html

bokes15
06-25-2007, 07:26 PM
It takes time before real journalists confirm things. That being said, it's in the Atlanta media.

http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html
damn, that pretty much confirms it for me.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, and this isn't big enough for CNN to carry....lol
Stop being a smartass. It's real.

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
This story sounds very legit, but its still hard for me to believe without other major news carrying the story.

Even ESPN, when wrestler pass on, they make a statement about it, and Beniot a former champion, it should be pretty big news.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Bad this, i cant get over it

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Stop being a smartass. It's real.

Not being a smartass at all.....just asking why major sites don't have anything.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Not being a smartass at all.....just asking why major sites don't have anything.
Because they haven't said anything yet. Plus, most wrestling and sports sites have it posted already, thus giving them more time to post about it. By tomorrow this will probably be all over the place.

In fact, sources are pouring in right now, via Heilige.

White Chocolate
Can they please stop this McMahon angle? Since that angle, two have died within a week, one of them being a top star. Enough is enough.

Heilige
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a76b6326-1f90-4539-988e-cf4eb2b8cd7f

There is a link from the local news station in Memphis. They are reporting it.

D-Wade
Ok, so according to 1wrestling.com, he called vince yesterday and said that the whole family was sick and spitting up blood.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Ok, so according to 1wrestling.com, he called vince yesterday and said that the whole family was sick and spitting up blood.
Yes.

A-MATT
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a76b6326-1f90-4539-988e-cf4eb2b8cd7f

There is a link from the local news station in Memphis. They are reporting it.

yep its real.

The Hurricane
very sad, he was one of my favorites when I watched.

RIP Benoit

White Chocolate

Something is very, very strange.

Heilige
06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
This is real. It has to be. WWE just cancelled RAW:

http://www.caller.com/news/2007/jun/25/wwe-cancels-show-american-bank-center/

Heilige
06-25-2007, 07:35 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99172

And here's another one, from Channel Eleven.

This is tragic.

Richie2k6
It's official - it's real.

D-Wade
WWE.COM

The sports-entertainment world has lost a Legend, as WWE is saddened to report that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Atlanta-area home today. Benoit was 40 years old.

A trainee of the legendary Stu Hart, Benoit began his career in 1985 in Calgary after training with Stu and the Hart Family in the infamous Dungeon. Benoit idolized former World Tag Team Champion Dynamite Kid, and the high-flying style Benoit utilized throughout his career was influenced heavily by the British Superstar. However, his training in the Dungeon helped mold him into one of the best technical grapplers in sports-entertainment history as well.

Benoit competed for Stu Hart’s Stampede Wrestling organization from 1985-1989, where he held both the British Commonwealth Title and the International Tag Team Title four times each, before heading to Japan, where his career truly blossomed. He originally competed as the masked Pegasus Kid and had numerous classic clashes with Japanese legends such as Shinjiro Ohtani and Jushin “Thunder” Liger. It was in New Japan Pro Wrestling where he also met a man who would become one of his closest friends, Eddie Guerrero.

While in Japan, Benoit held the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship and won the 1994 Super J Cup tournament, one of the most prestigious light-heavyweight tournaments in sports-entertainment.

It was that same year that Benoit burst onto the scene in the United States. He had competed in the States before, taking part in the NWA World Tag Team Title tournament in 1992 and wrestling briefly in WCW, but it was in South Philadelphia where Benoit truly cut his teeth in America. Benoit joined ECW, where he teamed with another long-time friend, Dean Malenko, to win the ECW Tag Team Championship. It was also during his time in South Philadelphia where Benoit became known as the “Canadian Crippler,” as it was during a match with Benoit where Sabu suffered a broken neck.

After a year in ECW, Benoit headed back to WCW (and also New Japan, who had a working agreement with ECW at the time). His career elevated to the next level when he became an official member of the Four Horsemen, joining Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman in 1995.

During his near five-year stay in WCW, Benoit went from an unknown to household name and bona-fide Superstar. Staying close with the Horsemen through numerous incarnations of the group, Benoit became known for his hard-hitting, smash-mouth, no-nonsense style. His rivalry with Kevin Sullivan throughout 1996 (including their legendary Falls Count Anywhere Match at the 1996 Great American Bash) was lauded as one of the greatest and most intense in the company’s history.

While in WCW, Benoit also racked up numerous accolades. He held the Television Championship on three occasions, was a two-time United States Champion and won the WCW Tag Team Championship twice as well (once with Malenko, once with Perry Saturn). He also faced Bret Hart in a tribute match to Bret’s brother and Benoit’s good friend Owen Hart in 1999, and in his final WCW match in January 2000, Benoit defeated Sid to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Unfortunately, trouble in WCW led to Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko and Saturn leaving the company the next day, so the reign was nullified. The foursome, however, debuted later that month in WWE as The Radicalz.

Benoit immediately found success in WWE, claiming the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 2000. He would go on to hold that gold on a total of four occasions. Through 2003, he also held the World Tag Team Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship.

Finally, in 2004, after nearly 20 years of struggle, Benoit reached the top. Starting the match at No. 1, Benoit lasted over an hour to win the 2004 Royal Rumble Match, last eliminating the mammoth Big Show to win. That earned him a World Championship match, and at WrestleMania XX in Madison Square Garden, he defeated Shawn Michaels and champion Triple H in a Triple Threat Match to claim the World Heavyweight Championship. The celebration is one of the most memorable WrestleMania moments of all-time, as he and best friend Eddie Guerrero (the reigning WWE Champion at the time) embraced in the center of the ring amidst a stream of confetti and the cheers of a raucous capacity crowd.

In the next three years, Benoit would go on to hold the World Tag Team Championship twice more and had three reigns as United States Champion, the last of which ended just two months ago at Backlash. He was drafted to ECW in the 2007 WWE Draft, and in his final WWE match, Benoit defeated Elijah Burke on the June 19 ECW on Sci Fi.

Over the course of his 22-year career, Chris Benoit solidified his reputation as one of the greatest to ever set foot inside a ring. He was a man of few words, but his passion for the sports-entertainment business was almost unrivaled. Whether loved or hated, Benoit was always well-respected by our fans and his peers for his in-ring ability, his trademark toothless grin and his non-nonsense attitude.

The sports-entertainment world has truly suffered a loss with his passing, as one of the all-time greats was taken well before his time.

The Hurricane
What channel does it come on tonight?

R.I.P.
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Probably an excuse. I would take my family straight to the emergency, if they were spitting blood. No hospital would send them home, at least not until they found the problem. Especially in the case of two sick people spitting blood, which could mean they have caught a infectious virus.

D-Wade

USA

D-Wade
Probably an excuse. I would take my family straight to the emergency, if they were spitting blood. No hospital would send them home, at least not until they found the problem. Especially in the case of two sick people spitting blood, which could mean they have caught a infectious virus.

TB

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:37 PM

they didnt cancell raw they said it will be a tribute for benoit

bokes15
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99172

And here's another one, from Channel Eleven.

This is tragic.
According to published reports, WWE professional wrestler Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home in Peachtree City.

On their Web site, World Wrestling Entertainment officials said that Benoit and his family were found dead on Monday.

The statement said, " World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities. Monday night's "Raw" on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."

Fayette County and Peachtree City authorities have not confirmed Benoit's death.

Now i'm confused again.:confusedshrug:

Heilige
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
It's real, and I'm in utter shock. I've watched Chris Benoit since he began, back in Stampede.

Tragic. Absolutely tragic.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
It's cancelled apparently.

they didnt cancell raw they said it will be a tribute for benoit
Maybe they changed their minds. :confusedshrug:

ElPigto

Wow.

Richie2k6
Fayette County and Peachtree City authorities have not confirmed Benoit's death.
WHAT THE HELL. ARE THEY TRYING TO PISS US OFF?

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM

:eek:

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:44 PM

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
WWE cancelled the scheduled live Raw show scheduled for June 25, and will be airing a non-live tribute to Benoit in its place

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Gregory Helms has posted this on his myspace page:

Quote: I was sitting here at my computer when I got a call informing me of the death of Chris Benoit and his family. Other than saying that my thoughts go out to to his remaining family, I don't know what to say. Chris had just called me on Thursday to check on me as he has every week since my surgery and now days later I find out that he's gone. He was my friend. This hurts! This ****ing sucks!!!! Rest in peace my friend! Love you!

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Gregory Helms has posted this on his myspace page:

Quote: I was sitting here at my computer when I got a call informing me of the death of Chris Benoit and his family. Other than saying that my thoughts go out to to his remaining family, I don't know what to say. Chris had just called me on Thursday to check on me as he has every week since my surgery and now days later I find out that he's gone. He was my friend. This hurts! This ****ing sucks!!!! Rest in peace my friend! Love you!

what is his myspace url

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit and his family found dead at residence (http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070625/SPORTS/70625039/1006)

I don't know how reliable this site is, but they posted of his passing.

R.I.P. Crippler

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
what is his myspace url

Someone posted that on a wrestling forum

Take Your Lumps
From the Atlanta-Journal Constitution:

A professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.

The organization said on its Web site said that Monday night's broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network will "serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

White Chocolate
I taped the Eddie Guererro tribute and I'll be taping tonight's show. Very, very sad. I'm off till 11. I don't know which death was more shocking, Eddie's or Chris's.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Off to watch the show, i will post during the breaks. You will be able to tell its real when you see the wrestlers.

Cherokee Parks
Wikipedia was sure quick on that....

D-Wade
I taped the Eddie Guererro tribute and I'll be taping tonight's show. Very, very sad. I'm off till 11. I don't know which death was more shocking, Eddie's or Chris's.

Im more shocked by Benoits

A-MATT
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
i will be posting during the breaks.

peace

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
CNN and MSNBC better get something up on this.....

bokes15
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Wikipedia was sure quick on that....

wikipedia is edited by multiple people, so it was probably a fan who found it and posted it there.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.
He was 40, not 30.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.
He was only 7? That's harsh...

i will be posting during the breaks.
Wait! Where can we see it?

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow this is weird.

I checked the RAW information guide on my cable box and today was supposed to be Mr. McMahon's Memorial Service.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Is it going to be on the normal channel for RAW? Where's it airing? Info?

Take Your Lumps
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Damn, Vince McMahon better stay away for a few years or else he could really get hurt while entering an arena somewhere.

I'm sure some hardcore fans won't be too happy with his stunt after what has transpired.

proof
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
I wonder if Mcmahon will make an appearance since hes supposed to be dead.

proof
06-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Is it going to be on the normal channel for RAW? Where's it airing? Info?

USA network

on right now!!!

Take Your Lumps
As i say that....there he is :lol:

Richie2k6
Damn, Vince McMahon better stay away for a few years or else he could really get hurt while entering an arena somewhere.

I'm sure some hardcore fans won't be too happy with his stunt after what has transpired.
You really don't get it, do you?

I wonder if Mcmahon will make an appearance since hes supposed to be dead.
Very, very, very good question.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Its real Vince McMahon is crying on tv saying tonights show was ment to be about his storyline death

Agent_Zero
mc machon is on raw right now breaking the news

D-Wade

He crying now on Raw. He said tonights show was ment to be about his storyline death

proof
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Mcmahon even said it was supposed to be a show about his death.

bokes15
WOW, it's so serious that Vince Mcmahon himself announced it. Storyline over.

Agent_Zero
wow this sucks. this is horrible.

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
:wtf: :wtf:

B-Low
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Props to Vince for stepping away from the storyline like that.

Damn this is actually hard to watch. It's just so damn sad that he's dead

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 08:05 PM
F*ck! It's not on any of my channels.

Agent_Zero
his family is dead too. he had two sons...

proof

you can watch it online on sopcast.

Agent_Zero
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM

here bro:

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/20758

T-Low
Tribute shows are always hard to watch...for example, the Eddie Guerrero show was hard to watch....Owen Hart show was hard to watch also...

D-Wade
Props to Vince for stepping away from the storyline like that.

Damn this is actually hard to watch. It's just so damn sad that he's dead

it is pretty emotional isnt it

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
here bro:

Doesn't work.

Edit: Hang on. Trying again.

ElPigto
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
this is no doubt very shocking.

Agent_Zero
06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Doesn't work.

crap. sorry. i got it from the other thread.

Rockets(T-mac)
06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
this is no doubt very shocking.
Yeah just heard. Very shocking.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Doesn't work.

Edit: Hang on. Trying again.

Thats ment to work

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:11 PM
mms://streamwebtown.com/davezz

Quick put that in ur browsers before it expires

proof
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM

Thats ment to work

I get The Family Guy. :lol:

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Agent_Zero, that link leads to Family Guy I think. I'm new to this thing though.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Agent_Zero, that link leads to Family Guy I think. I'm new to this thing though.

Copy and paste that quick in to ur browser. it will expire so do it now

proof
06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Copy and paste that quick in to ur browser. it will expire so do it now

that one works.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM

Quick put that in ur browsers before it expires
Thanks. It works.

Agent_Zero
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
amazing. the first entrant and he has stayed throughout.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:17 PM
good, off to watch. in the right reasons i would say enjoy the show. :cry:

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Great words by Stone Cold.

jbot
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
not one of my favorite wrestlers, but this is horrible. hope they find out what or who did it. RIP

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeh, he was choking up inside.

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
well if his wife and son were throwing up blood the night before you can rule out carbon monoxide poisoning.

proof
06-25-2007, 08:37 PM
well if his wife and son were throwing up blood the night before you can rule out carbon monoxide poisoning.

Why wouldnt they(wife and son) be at the hospital if thats what happened?

BlackVVaves
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow.

Wow.

Smh...smh...smh

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow this is weird.

I checked the RAW information guide on my cable box and today was supposed to be Mr. McMahon's Memorial Service.
Do y'all think Vince is going to get rid of that storyline now?

haterofhaters
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Do y'all think Vince is going to get rid of that storyline now?
he pretty much has to. there's no way he can carry it on after he came on raw tonight.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Just seems to surreal and hard to take in, it was only 2 weeks ago i watched Raw and seen him wrestle Lashley, after the match thay did a draft, ECW got the pick because Lashley won. Anyway Benoit was drafted to ECW and one of the comentators said ''Man what matches these 2 are going to have''

There last match :cry:

Cherokee Parks
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
http://tsn.ca/headlines/news_story/?ID=211878

T-Low
06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
IMagine being Elijah Burke though...he was the last one to wrestle him unless they had a dark match afterwards...Cause he didn't show to any house shows this week...

BlackVVaves
06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/fb/Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_WrestleMania_XX.j pg

Cannot believe both them dudes dead now.

Wow....I cannot believe this. Wow. Two of my favorite wrestlers. They went from taking over the WWE in 04...to this. Wow.

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
IMagine being Elijah Burke though...he was the last one to wrestle him unless they had a dark match afterwards...Cause he didn't show to any house shows this week...
Yeah they just showed the match.

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
:cry: @ cm punk

I have no idea who he is but his words were really hard to watch.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
T-Low

or like CM Punk just said ''last night i was overwhelmly disapointed because i didn't get to wrestle him, and today i just feel quilty because of that and i cant get that out of my head'' Then he went on how he was ment to wrestle him for the first time but now never will.

LALakerFan4Life
06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I just came back home from work and went to wwe.com and saw that Chris Beniot and his family was found dead. He was suppose to wrestle last night at the Vengence PPV for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship but was called home cause there was a family emergency. Now today he passed away. I'm in total shock right now. Chris is reunited with his best friend Eddie Guerrero and the Hart Family. His trainer and mentor Stu Hart, Owen Hart and "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith. R. I. P. "The Crippler" Chris Beniot. You will be missed.

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Mr McMahon again, thay was found this afternoon

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I just came back home from work and went to wwe.com and saw that Chris Beniot and his family was found dead. He was suppose to wrestle last night at the Vengence PPV but was called home cause there was a family emergency. Now today he passed away. I'm in total shock right now. Chris is reunited with his best friend Eddie Guerrero and the Hart Family. His trainer and mentor Stu Hart, Owen Hart and "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith. R. I. P. "The Crippler" Chris Beniot. You will be missed.

And Brian Pillman, he was in the hart foundation

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking the wife was depressed and upset and poisoned herself and the boy to death. She called Benoit as she was dying so he went home. Hopefully he called the authorities before he headed home. Then he got there and found them dead or very close to dying. It was too late. And then he being the type of person who puts his heart and soul into anything he does, fund the poison and ingested it himself in overwhelming depression and in hope of joining them in eternity.

skillswithaz
06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking the wife was depressed and upset and poisoned herself and the boy to death. She called Benoit as she was dying so he went home. Hopefully he called the authorities before he headed home. Then he got there and found them dead or very close to dying. It was too late. And then he being the type of person who puts his heart and soul into anything he does, fund the poison and ingested it himself in overwhelming depression and in hope of joining them in eternity.

wow that was deep...

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
And I'm one of the ones who knew Vince's death was planned and faked by himself.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/494145054

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope thay show the

Bret Hart v Chris Benoit match from Nitro 99 (where thay hugged at the end crying)

The Owen tribute match

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM

I dont think he would kill himself like that since he has 2 other children.

LALakerFan4Life
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution has posted up an article regarding what is known about Chris Benoit and his family's untimely death thus far. They are reporting that authorities found Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, dead at their home in Fayetteville, Georgia at about 4 p.m. local time. Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say that they weren't shot to death. Here is the article:

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian native maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Most recently, Benoit fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment organization. WWE canceled its live show in Corpus Christi Monday night, and its broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network was a three-hour retrospective on Benoit's career.

"Obviously, all sorts of speculation are running rampant but I have talked to so many people and nobody really knows [whether the couple was having marital troubles]," said Bryan Alvarez, who runs Figurefour Weekly, a wrestling newsletter and Web site, from Linwood, Washington.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman."

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling.

Soon after, the two became romantically involved in real life and married, Alvarez said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

BlackVVaves
06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I dont think he would kill himself like that since he has 2 other children.

The same could be said about the mother. Why would she kill her own son. Especially when she has to other kids and a husband.

You just don't know in these cases.

proof
06-25-2007, 09:25 PM
And I'm one of the ones who knew Vince's death was planned and faked by himself.

Yea, I think everyone with a brain and common sense knew that. lol

GoRapz
06-25-2007, 09:28 PM
What is Vince going to say about his death now?

Moose
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Still can't believe hes gone...

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Yea, I think everyone with a brain and common sense knew that. lolAccording to this (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/whatsyouropinion) most people with brains enough to get on a computer and vote thought it was real and that Jonathan Coachman, Bobby Lashley, Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, or Eric Bischoff blew Sir Vincent up.

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
What is Vince going to say about his death now?
He already said at the start of the show his death was a storyline, everyone knew Vince wasn't gone in real life.

SCREWstonRockets
06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
According to this (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/whatsyouropinion) most people with brains enough to get on a computer and vote thought it was real and that Jonathan Coachman, Bobby Lashley, Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, or Eric Bischoff blew Sir Vincent up.

Umm maybe those people were just playing a long with the angle? Seriously, why would WWE even ask that poll if people didn't think it was fake?

gb8
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
rip i remember when I used to watch wrestling back in the day wcw were pushing him to makehim a star.

proof
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
According to this (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/whatsyouropinion) most people with brains enough to get on a computer and vote thought it was real and that Jonathan Coachman, Bobby Lashley, Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, or Eric Bischoff blew Sir Vincent up.

:roll:

You believe a WWE poll.

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Looks like Benoit had an autism gene and gave it to his son...kinda like poop^

proof
06-25-2007, 10:09 PM

You believe a WWE poll. :roll:

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM

You believe a WWE poll. :roll:It's real. It's DAMM real!

MadeFromDust
06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Dammmm all these wrestlers are emotional wrecks. Understandable at times like these (And Edge is for real not acting), but dammmm these guys need to stop dying or they'll depress everyone else into more suicides.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Strong words by The Game. :applause:

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/TECHNiEC2K7/benoitRIP.png

J_Rock3ts
06-25-2007, 11:01 PM
It's very real. Assessing Benoit's career, it was easy to root against him all the time when he always seemed to feud a crowd favorite if it was the Rock, Austin, Y2J, or Taker. Triple H put it best...love or hate him (and there were times i did both during his career), you had to respect the intensity brought to the table. He lived his dream, and while his life didn't end fittingly, his career did. The clip of WMXX said it all. He worked for it everyday, and while the storylines are acted, he deserved that title.

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Is it over? Link stopped working.

proof
06-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Immaturity: When someone calls you poop. :roll: The last person to call me that was a 5 yr old. :roll:

Please dont make me continue this. :roll:

Its a WWE(World Wrestling Entertainment) Poll. :roll: :roll:

proof
06-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Is it over? Link stopped working.

The last thing shown was Benoit winning the championship and Eddie Guerrero hugging him at Wrestlemania. Great Ending. :applause:

Noob Saibot
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
what a shame. Chris was quite the wrestler.

Kobe24
06-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Man, this ****ing sucks. Everyone is dying in the WWE now.. WTF.

Wun27
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Damn I just got home from work, I thought this was a joke, man thats sad, I mean its one thing to kill a man, but how can you have the heart to do that to a kid, RIP BRO:violin:

The Hurricane
06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
The station said investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and the boy, Daniel, sometime over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3594146&version=7&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

bokes15
06-25-2007, 11:15 PM
The station said investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and the boy, Daniel, sometime over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3594146&version=7&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
:eek: :eek: :eek: This is terrible!

proof
06-25-2007, 11:15 PM

He loved his family. I cant believe it.

Wun27
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
DAMN U SERIOUS?????????? Thats hard to beleive man

Showtime
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM

That's exactly what I thought when I heard he told them he had to stay because they were sick, I thought that was too suspicious and I thought it was an excuse because he killed them, but I was afraid to post it because I would be flamed like a mofo.

Wun27
06-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Well shyt if that fool really did it, I have lost all respect and sympathy for him, Fu*k that fool then, I hope he burns in hell:mad:

Richie2k6
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Well shyt if that fool really did it, I have lost all respect and sympathy for him, Fu*k that fool then, I hope he burns in hell:mad:
Still, don't say that.

How the hell could he have done this? :eek:

Latina Heat
06-25-2007, 11:36 PM
All i can say is wow. That was such a powerful episode of Raw. I actually cried during the second or third video when they showed him and Eddie when they were younger. All i can really say is RIP Chris and hopefully he's up in heaven keeping Eddie company (assuming the murder allegations aren't true). just really really sad news :(

D-Wade
06-25-2007, 11:36 PM
No one knows nothing yet, we dont know what went on till its confirmed

Wun27
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Still, don't say that.

How the hell could he have done this? :eek:

Hell Yea, If he really did that shyt, That would make anyone lose respect for him, how the hell can you kill your WIFE and your 7 year old SON????? Thats not cool, I thought all three of them got murdered, But if it wasnt him then of course I wouldnt want him to burn in hell ya kno, I myself find it hard to beleive that it was him, I doubt it, He seemed like a good guy

PureElement
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Was there an option that said "the death was fake" or "MadeFromDust is an idiot"? Because I'm sure those two would be the most population options.

Noob Saibot
06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Hell Yea, If he really did that shyt, That would make anyone lose respect for him, how the hell can you kill your WIFE and your 7 year old SON????? Thats not cool, I thought all three of them got murdered, But if it wasnt him then of course I wouldnt want him to burn in hell ya kno, I myself find it hard to beleive that it was him, I doubt it, He seemed like a good guy

expect the unexpected.

who know's what really went down in Benoit's house.

Wun27
06-25-2007, 11:48 PM
True True

L.Kizzle
06-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Police: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit killed wife, son, self (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4919522.html)

As reported by the Houston Chronicle

thekavorka
06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Police: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit killed wife, son, self (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4919522.html)

As reported by the Houston Chronicle

That's an AP article which probably means this is true. Then again, the AP is quoting the Fox news station WAGA. I've still got some hope that he didn't do it.

:(

Randy
06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
What a f*cking pussie coward. F*ck him.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
What a f*cking pussie coward. F*ck him.

what the fauk, you need to chill the hell out.

J_Rock3ts
06-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I knew this would happen. Same people who were posting R.I.P. messages are now hoping he's "burning in hell?" Chill out. Don't spit on the man's grave without proof...you all are setting yourself up to look stupid. Innocent until proven guilty? Apparently not.

Randy
06-26-2007, 12:00 AM
what the fauk, you need to chill the hell out.

Um, NO. He murdered his wife and kid. An innocent woman and child dead because he's a coward. F*ck him.

L.Kizzle
06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Another article I'm reading doesn't say Chris was the killer but the killer was "within' the house." That could mean Nancy, his wife was the killer?

MadeFromDust
06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
WWE.com:

DOUBLE MURDER-SUICIDE

It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available