PDA

View Full Version : LeBron needed 33 shots a game to score 36 in the 2015 finals and...

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Had a 41% usage rate.

How did he get finals MVP votes while doing that AND losing?

:facepalm

Gus Hemmingway
07-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Kobe needed 24 shots to score 23 points in 2010 and won FMVP

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Kobe needed 24 shots to score 23 points in 2010 and won FMVP

He averaged 29 on 23 shots.

Gus Hemmingway
07-01-2019, 12:09 AM

He missed the playoffs the last 4 years of his career...

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 12:10 AM
He missed the playoffs the last 4 years of his career...

With shit squads and career ending injury.

Bran missed the playoffs while healthy with a lot of help.

3ball
07-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Had a 41% usage rate.

When Iverson did that, he was a ball-hogging chucker that killed his own team

When Lebron does it, he's a goddamn hero

It's pure, unadulterated bullshit and a great example of why humans suck

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 12:12 AM

So damn true. :lol

bigkingsfan
07-01-2019, 12:14 AM

That's 1/9 Ordan...

3ball
07-01-2019, 12:17 AM
So damn true. :lol
It's like, you'd think lebron was the 6'0", 160 pound warrior that was attacking the trees and being laid on his back every play

And you'd think it was Iverson that was 6'8", spoiled stiff-armer that couldn't hit the broad sign of a barn

But no, it's the spoiled goliath that gets praised and the small warrior that catches heat

The world is a ****ed up place for a lot of folks... :facepalm

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 12:20 AM
It's like, you'd think lebron was the 6'0", 160 pound warrior that was attacking the trees and being laid on his back every play

And you'd think it was Iverson that was 6'8", spoiled stiff-armer that couldn't hit the broad sign of a barn

But no, it's the spoiled goliath that gets praised and the small warrior that catches heat

The world is a ****ed up place for a lot of folks... :facepalm

Excellent analogy, bro.

So damn true.

Amazingly compared and said.

Feel kind of bad for hating on Iverson now.

72-10
07-01-2019, 12:34 AM
33 shots. What a chucker. Iverson had pretty mad game, but he still chucked, and he wasn't particularly effective defensively despite the steals.

SpaceJam2
07-01-2019, 12:45 AM
Had a 41% usage rate.

Who was his second and third option? Thanks

SpaceJam2
07-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Who is the chucker again?

I noticed that only one player shows up twice in the lowest FG% FMVP winners in basketball history of the Finals

https://i.postimg.cc/9Q2NBvHd/Lowest-FG-winners.png

3ball
07-01-2019, 12:51 AM
36 ppg is pathetic considering how long he held the ball (the longest ever - 30% more than 19' Harden)

Given his ridiculous hold-time and no double-teams, he should've averaged 45 at least

Ultimately, the Cavs would've won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

SpaceJam2
07-01-2019, 12:54 AM
36 ppg is pathetic considering how long he held the ball (the longest ever - 30% more than 19' Harden)

Given his ridiculous hold-time and no double-teams, he should've averaged 45 at least

Ultimately, the Cavs would've won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Should have deferred more to Dellavedova and Mozgov, TBH.

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:01 AM
You think the only way for the Cavs to win 2 games was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has (30% longer than 19' harden)???

Is that what you're saying?

Then ur understanding of the game isn't anywhere near what you think it is

ball domination will never be an adequate substitute for ball movement, no matter how much lazy coaches and media/fans want it to be

And despite the shit brand of ball, the Cavs would've won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

SpaceJam2
07-01-2019, 01:02 AM

Exactly

/thread :lol

What was that stat that showed the Cavs players when LeBron was off the court?

Weren't they like 0 for 27 or something ridiculous?

SpaceJam2
07-01-2019, 01:03 AM
You think the only way for the 15' Cavs to win 2 games off the Warriors was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has (30% longer than 19' harden)???

Then ur a dumbass and your understanding of the game isn't anywhere near what you think it is

ball domination will never be an adequate substitute for ball movement, no matter how much lazy coaches and media/fans want it to be

I bet if Klay was shit like Jeff Hornacek and scored 10.7 ppg and Iggy scored 10.2 like Stockton then LeBron would win.

But...

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 01:07 AM
You think the only way for the Cavs to win 2 games was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has (30% longer than 19' harden)???

Is that what you're saying?.

In that situation, yes, because Kyrie and Love were out and the Cavs had no other consistent go to scorers or playmakers. Also because it's a way to slow the game down against that potent Warriors offense.

It worked well enough for Kerr to make an adjustment, making Iggie a starter.

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 01:08 AM

Then ur understanding of the game isn't anywhere near what you think it is

And despite the shit brand of ball, the Cavs would've won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

Why do you always make me punish you?

https://i.postimg.cc/MG37HnV1/Net-Net-Net6over23.jpg

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:09 AM
I bet if Klay was shit like Jeff Hornacek and scored 10.7 ppg and Iggy scored 10.2 like Stockton then LeBron would win.

But...
despite the shit brand of ball, the Cavs would've still won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

The pre-durant Warriors just weren't that good.. the 15' Finals also showed us that, along with 16' and 19 Finals.. Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals without KD, if not for injuries in 15'.. overall 8-10 in Finals without KD..

basically garbage without KD.. so the idea that the only way the Cavs could win 2 games off was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has (30% longer than 19' harden), is dumb as shit... But carry on fellas.. keep being dumb

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 01:10 AM
despite the shit brand of ball, the Cavs would've still won easily if he shot 50% and didn't spot the Warriors an extra 8 points by letting Iggy double his normal scoring average from 8 to 16

The pre-durant Warriors just weren't that good.. the 15' Finals also showed us that, along with 16' and 19 Finals.. Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals without KD, if not for injuries in 15'.. overall 8-10 in Finals without KD..

basically garbage without KD.. so the idea that the only way the Cavs could win 2 games off was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has (30% longer than 19' harden), is dumb as shit... But carry on fellas.. keep being dumb

Which Finals did Klay score 10.7 :lol

ILL WAIT BABY BOY

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2019, 01:11 AM

So you bring up injuries for 2015 but not these past Finals :lol

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:13 AM
In that situation, yes, because Kyrie and Love were out and the Cavs had no other consistent go to scorers or playmakers. Also because it's a way to slow the game down against that potent Warriors offense.

It worked well enough for Kerr to make an adjustment, making Iggie a starter.
That's interesting ESPN ignorant-dumb-shit-speak because no one on the Clippers held the ball more than 5 minutes, yet they won 2 games off the Warriors this year, WITH durant

So get your head out of lebron's ass

The pre-durant Warriors just weren't that good.. the 15' Finals showed us that, along with 16' and 19 Finals.. Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals without KD, if not for injuries in 15'.. overall 8-10 in Finals games without KD..

basically garbage without KD.. So the idea that the only way the Cavs could win 2 games was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has is dumb as shit.. it just is.. but carry on slurping up the mainstream dumb-speak.. but I wouldn't advise putting money on anything. And I mean it.. don't put your money down because you don't know what ur talking about

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 01:18 AM
That's interesting ESPN ignorant-dumb-shit-speak because no one on the Clippers held the ball more than 5 minutes, yet they won 2 games off the Warriors this year, WITH durant

The pre-durant Warriors just weren't that good.. the 15' Finals showed us that, along with 16' and 19 Finals.. Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals without KD, if not for injuries in 15'.. overall 8-10 in Finals games without KD..

basically garbage without KD.. So the idea that the only way the Cavs could win 2 games was to have lebron hold the ball longer than anyone ever has is dumb as shit.. it just is.. but carry on slurping up the mainstream dumb-speak.. but I wouldn't advise putting money on anything. And I mean it.. don't put your money down because you don't know what ur talking about

So then why did the entire Western Conference go 0-15 in playoff series against the Warriors during that stretch?

I'll wait..lunatic

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 01:19 AM
Which Finals did Klay score 10.7 :lol

ILL WAIT BABY BOY

I know you dont like me because I am the 3ball Slayer and own you every single time but man up and respond.

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:31 AM
Time of Possession

Lou. Williams 19' first Rd - 6.4 minutes.. 2 wins vs KD-Warriors
Lebron James 15' Finals - 12.2 minutes.. 2 wins vs pre-KD Warriors

So then why did the entire Western Conference go 0-15 in playoff series against the Warriors during that stretch?

I'll wait..lunatic

Memphis won 2 games off the 15' Warriors... Houston won 1

So I don't know where you got your numbers

And the Warriors were 12-3 for the same reason they have high net efficiency - no parity/big fish in small pond/weak comp

so the Warriors didn't have to play shaq's 4 all-star Lakers or Popovich/Duncan Spurs like the 90's Jazz did.. they only had to play the grizzlies and harden rockets.. so weak sauce comp

Hope that helps

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:35 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Is-There-Anyone-Else-Achilles-In-Troy.gif

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:36 AM
Time of Possession

And the Warriors were 12-3 for the same reason they have high net efficiency - no parity/big fish in small pond/weak comp

so the Warriors didn't have to play shaq's 4 all-star Lakers or Popovich/Duncan Spurs like the 90's Jazz did.. they only had to play the grizzlies and harden rockets.. so weak sauce comp

Hope that helps

Aaaaand that about wraps it up.

:roll:

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Time of Possession

Hope that helps

Who was '19 Clippers 2nd and 3rd option?
Who was '15 Clevelands 2nd and 3rd option?

Lemme know my guy

ImKobe
07-01-2019, 01:50 AM

:roll: :roll:

3ball
07-01-2019, 01:52 AM
Who was '19 Clippers 2nd and 3rd option?
Who was '15 Clevelands 2nd and 3rd option?

Lemme know my guy
The same

Mosgov was killing it in that series before lebron shut him down - very similar impact and stats to Harrell

And Gallinari? Are you serious?? He's your argument? he's nothing and lebron would destroy his game like he did every other forward he played with

Now who was the Warriors' #1 option in 15' versus 19'?... I'll wait... :applause:.. :applause: .. :applause: (checkmate)

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 10:14 AM

I can't wait to see your posts when Lebron wins another ring and is back in the Jordan title chase.

I'm not a Lebron fan, but damn. At a certain point you just accept that someone's great even if you don't like them. And no, that doesn't take away from Jordan's career. He's still the goat.

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 10:18 AM
The same

Mosgov was killing it in that series before lebron shut him down - very similar impact and stats to Harrell

And Gallinari? Are you serious?? He's your argument? he's nothing and lebron would destroy his game like he did every other forward he played with

Now who was the Warriors' #1 option in 15' versus 19'?... I'll wait... :applause:.. :applause: .. :applause: (checkmate)

So your last shred of an "argument" is that:

Movgoz + J.R. Smith = Gallinari + Harris

Just for fun, I'll let you know

2015 NBA Finals
Mozgov = 14 ppg
JR Smith = 11.5 ppg

2019 WC
Gallinari = 19.8 ppg
Harris = 18.3 ppg

It should be noted that Mozgov's 2015 NBA Finals performance is among the top 10 worst #2 options in Finals history. Jordan faced two guys that performed at this level (top 10 worst all time, Hornacek in 98 and Stockton in 97) with Utah Jazz Jeff Hornacek being ranked literally #1 worst second option in Finals history, pouring in a blistering 10.7 ppg during the 1998 NBA Finals.

Anything else? :oldlol:

Wally450
07-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Im surprised he got the numbers he got actually. Just shows how good LeBron is. Dude got to game 6 with virtually no one.

3ball
07-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Im surprised he got the numbers he got actually. Just shows how good LeBron is. Dude got to game 6 with virtually no one.
Lou Williams did the same against the KD warriors so you guys are overrating the 15' warriors and Lebron taking them 6 games

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Lou Williams did the same against the KD warriors so you guys are overrating the 15' warriors and Lebron taking them 6 games

Another one.

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 03:40 PM
So your last shred of an "argument" is that:

Movgoz + J.R. Smith = Gallinari + Harris

Just for fun, I'll let you know

2015 NBA Finals
Mozgov = 14 ppg
JR Smith = 11.5 ppg

2019 WC
Gallinari = 19.8 ppg
Harris = 18.3 ppg

It should be noted that Mozgov's 2015 NBA Finals performance is among the top 10 worst #2 options in Finals history. Jordan faced two guys that performed at this level (top 10 worst all time, Hornacek in 98 and Stockton in 97) with Utah Jazz Jeff Hornacek being ranked literally #1 worst second option in Finals history, pouring in a blistering 10.7 ppg during the 1998 NBA Finals.

Anything else? :oldlol:

Another day :dancin

Another slay :hammertime:

ScalsFan21
07-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Disagree on this. 2015 GSW wasn't ****ing around. It was one of only two years where the Dubs were both a contender, AND gave a shit about winning every game. Once they got their 73-9 and (arguably) paid for it, they went into Heat-style switch flipping mode. So I don't think you can say it's that simple.

Eye-test wise, Bron was a monster especially in the first half of that first series. His FG% was putrid, but a lot of that was the Iverson type shit where the shot clock would be within 10 seconds and he'd have to hoist. He grinded so many buckets for himself and open looks for teammates just on sheer force of will, on a team that had nothing close to a secondary creator. It's a massive stretch to make the "Lebron ball" argument in regards to 2015.

I wouldn't give a losing player FMVP in any universe, but that was the best performance in a losing Finals effort that has ever happened.

3ball
07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Disagree on this. 2015 GSW wasn't ****ing around. It was one of only two years where the Dubs were both a contender, AND gave a shit about winning every game. Once they got their 73-9 and (arguably) paid for it, they went into Heat-style switch flipping mode. So I don't think you can say it's that simple.

Eye-test wise, Bron was a monster especially in the first half of that first series. His FG% was putrid, but a lot of that was the Iverson type shit where the shot clock would be within 10 seconds and he'd have to hoist. He grinded so many buckets for himself and open looks for teammates just on sheer force of will, on a team that had nothing close to a secondary creator. It's a massive stretch to make the "Lebron ball" argument in regards to 2015.

I wouldn't give a losing player FMVP in any universe, but that was the best performance in a losing Finals effort that has ever happened.
You guys don't get it - mj deserves blame for losing to the 86' Celtics, despite averaging 44 ppg - the team was still blown away, and mj shooting everytime was just one way to get blown away - better teamwork could've achieved the same blowout loss.. 91' mj had this teamwork know-how, and therefore could've gotten a similar or better result with less personal stats

Like, the same guys that were losing to the Pistons in 89' were winning it all in 91' - they simply learned to play better

Similarly, Lebron's personal stat maximization and ball monopolization was one way to win 2 games off the warriors - but there were other ways, such as the great teamwork exhibited by Lou Williams' Clippers against the KD-warriors.. so while Lou Williams won 2 games, Lebron's ball monopolization never won 2 games off KD's warriors, even with a superteam in 2017.. he simply plays a suboptimal way that weakens teamwork and requires extra talent to achieve even a marginal championship record (3/9)

Btw, Lebron held the ball longer than anyone ever has in the 15' Finals... So its the best example of Lebron-ball that there is

superduper
07-01-2019, 04:32 PM
You guys don't get it - mj deserves blame for losing to the 86' Celtics, despite averaging 44 ppg - the team was still blown away, and mj shooting everytime was just one way to get blown away - better teamwork could've achieved the same blowout loss.. 91' mj had this teamwork know-how, and therefore could've gotten a similar or better result with less personal stats

Like, the same guys that were losing to the Pistons in 89' were winning it all in 91' - they simply learned to play better

Similarly, Lebron's personal stat maximization and ball monopolization was one way to win 2 games off the warriors - but there were other ways, such as the great teamwork exhibited by Lou Williams' Clippers against the KD-warriors.. so while Lou Williams won 2 games, Lebron's ball monopolization never won 2 games off KD's warriors, even with a superteam in 2017.. he simply plays a suboptimal way that weakens teamwork and requires extra talent to achieve even a marginal championship record (3/9)

Btw, Lebron held the ball longer than anyone ever has in the 15' Finals... So its the best example of Lebron-ball that there is

The fact that 3ball is able to fathom and acknowledge this makes him 100x the man than every single Bran stan on this board combined.

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 04:55 PM
The fact that 3ball is able to fathom and acknowledge this makes him 100x the man than every single Bran stan on this board combined.

Just no. The Bulls had no reason being competitive with the 86 Celtics. Jordan did what he could to try and make it a competitive series. Nothing else was going to do any good.

You think Magic would have somehow made the Bulls any better against those Celtics?

ScalsFan21
07-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Putting aside your personal (very well-documented :lol ) feelings about LeBron-ball and the culture you claim his presence creates, in the context of that final alone... once Love and Kyrie went down (Kyrie was their only other capable creator and was hurt in Game 1, leaving no time for adjustment), there was absolutely no choice. LeBron-ball was quite literally the only prayer that team had, and I believe any other approach results in an even lower likelihood of CLE winning.

For the sake of argument, let's say Ordan has me, you, Mr. Jabbar, and Hemmingway on his team. His best move in that situation is to dominate the ball and take almost EVERY shot. A ridiculous comparison? Well, the 2015 Cavs supporting cast is as close to that as we're ever going to see on an NBA Finals stage. :lol You do what you can with what you have, especially against a defensive juggernaut ATG Warriors team.

I think there's some truth to the idea that LeBron could stand to let others handle the ball more, though. But that whole regular season was a tune-up for the playoffs, a playoffs they knew they could only win if they had their guys, and they got boned with injuries. Therefore we can't just basically say that he should've let Delly have a bigger piece of the offense when he had two other high-priced players' mouths he needed to develop chemistry with for the stretch run.

Is it really your contention that he could've matched or exceeded the 2015 run in particular by "letting those other guys have more of a chance to develop"?

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 05:39 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/1zsLtsQG/Mother_Of_God.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/0Q6YQT1B/tenor.gif

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Putting aside your personal (very well-documented :lol ) feelings about LeBron-ball and the culture you claim his presence creates, in the context of that final alone... once Love and Kyrie went down (Kyrie was their only other capable creator and was hurt in Game 1, leaving no time for adjustment), there was absolutely no choice. LeBron-ball was quite literally the only prayer that team had, and I believe any other approach results in an even lower likelihood of CLE winning.

For the sake of argument, let's say Ordan has me, you, Mr. Jabbar, and Hemmingway on his team. His best move in that situation is to dominate the ball and take almost EVERY shot. A ridiculous comparison? Well, the 2015 Cavs supporting cast is as close to that as we're ever going to see on an NBA Finals stage. :lol You do what you can with what you have, especially against a defensive juggernaut ATG Warriors team.

I think there's some truth to the idea that LeBron could stand to let others handle the ball more, though. But that whole regular season was a tune-up for the playoffs, a playoffs they knew they could only win if they had their guys, and they got boned with injuries. Therefore we can't just basically say that he should've let Delly have a bigger piece of the offense when he had two other high-priced players' mouths he needed to develop chemistry with for the stretch run.

Is it really your contention that he could've matched or exceeded the 2015 run in particular by "letting those other guys have more of a chance to develop"?

https://i.postimg.cc/sx3wSprz/tenor.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/KYnny3n6/tenor.gif

3ball
07-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Method #1 of winning 2 games off the Warriors

Lebron hogging the stats with weak teamwork/low team assists:

CLE. 2015 Finals - 48.5 assist percentage
GSW 2015 Finals - 69.6 assist percentage

Method #2 of winning 2 games off the Warriors

No one dominates the ball or hogs the assists :

LAC. 2019 Rd 1 - 63.6% assist percentage
GSW 2019 Rd 1 - 69.6% assist percentage

MEM 2015 WCSF - 62.8% assist percentage
GSW 2015 WCSF - 63.5% assist percentage

TheCorporation
07-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Method #1 of winning 2 games off the Warriors

Lebron hogging the stats with weak teamwork/low team assists:

CLE. 2015 Finals - 48.5 assist percentage
GSW 2015 Finals - 69.6 assist percentage

Method #2 of winning 2 games off the Warriors

No one dominates the ball or hogs the assists :

LAC. 2019 Rd 1 - 63.6% assist percentage
GSW 2019 Rd 1 - 69.6% assist percentage

MEM 2015 WCSF - 62.8% assist percentage
GSW 2015 WCSF - 63.5% assist percentage

Method of being stuck in the 1st round going 1-9
Jordan w/o Pippen

Method of no longer losing in 1st round 1-9
Jordan with Pippen

Anything else?

3ball
07-01-2019, 07:42 PM

You miss the point - it isn't about letting other guys dribble the ball or be the ballhandler in screen rolls - just let the ball move - ball movement has always gotten better looks for role players than one guy dribbling the ball in the halfcourt.. This is common knowledge, but people forget when talking about Lebron.. instead they praise him when he plays like Iverson in the 15' Finals

And that's the thing - if you're gonna "Iverson" it, at least shoot well like mj did so you can't be blamed.. but how could Lebron not be blamed at 39%??? If he shot 50%, there's no issue.. and he spotted the warriors 8 points by letting Iggy double his average from 8 to 16.. so given his poor shooting and defense, he deserves blame, even without considering his record ball-domination