PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Patrick Beverley stays with Clippers 40 mill 3 years

LukeWalton
07-01-2019, 01:24 AM
i thought he was going to the Lakers

Proctor
07-01-2019, 01:28 AM
Lakers lose AGAIN.

CARUSO BABYYY :yaohappy:

BallsOut
07-01-2019, 01:30 AM
Does this mean Clippers can't sign Kawhi anymore?

LukeWalton
07-01-2019, 01:35 AM

I think they should have room for one more slot. they had 2

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 01:38 AM
I think they should have room for one more slot. they had 2

Down to around 42mil

RoseCity07
07-01-2019, 02:10 AM
That's a good contract for the Clippers. Beverley is ass offensively but he brings a lot of leadership. He gets guys fired up and plays really hard.

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 02:24 AM
Clippers that fringe playoff team that is going to be pushed out next season.

Congrats you paid out the ass to keep him off the Lakers. :lol

qrich
07-01-2019, 02:44 AM

Still can, and if they find a taker for Gallo, can still create a second max slot by keeping Bevs cap hold of 9.5 instead of signing him right away.

Gives another 3-4M of space

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 02:46 AM
Still can, and if they find a taker for Gallo, can still create a second max slot by keeping Bevs cap hold of 9.5 instead of signing him right away.

Gives another 3-4M of space

the 2nd max slot seems like a moot point unless miami really ****s up.

qrich
07-01-2019, 02:48 AM
the 2nd max slot seems like a moot point unless miami really ****s up.

Agreed....I'd rather split it up and keep Green, Zu and take a flier on Cousins.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 02:53 AM
Agreed....I'd rather split it up and keep Green, Zu and take a flier on Cousins.

i like it. jamychal is one of the best cheap fas left on the market. spurs would love someone like him

Loco 50
07-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Lakers lose AGAIN.

CARUSO BABYYY :yaohappy:
https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/517013/nbalakersfan.gif
:yaohappy:

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 08:31 AM
Where is that Lakers fan Banjo who didn't understand the market rates for players like this?

****ing Bobby Portis got over 15/year and he was arguing 12 was way too much for Bev.

Oh, and if the Lakers don't get Leonard...holy shit...what will that team look like?

Ghost1
07-01-2019, 08:42 AM
Where is that Lakers fan Banjo who didn't understand the market rates for players like this?

****ing Bobby Portis got over 15/year and he was arguing 12 was way too much for Bev.

Oh, and if the Lakers don't get Leonard...holy shit...what will that team look like?

Can the Mavs make room for Kawhi with Lee?

That would be nice. :rolleyes:

Kingwillball
07-01-2019, 08:45 AM

Iggy , Seth Curry, Danny Green, McGhee, Rondo, korver some of names I

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Can the Mavs make room for Kawhi with Lee?

That would be nice. :rolleyes:

Haha, I think so, but nobody ever comes to Dallas in free agency. We are and have been a total joke forever in that regard.

We'll see how this plays out, but it is looking like we couldn't even add some decent role players with all the cap.

For example, not getting in on the Iggy thing is absurd in my opinion. He'd help the team for a year and we'd get a lightly protected pick???? Not doing that if you don't have something great lined up is just idiotic.

So, we'll see...but it is looking really bad yet again in Dallas in the summer.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 08:48 AM

Banjo? The j in my name is pronounced like a 'y' in english, good try though.

I understand the market rates ass hole, the entire thread I repeatedly stated that I was fully expecting him to get that contract...I was putting up the argument why I thought the money was better spent elsewhere.

Thanks though.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Kingwillball]Iggy , Seth Curry, Danny Green, McGhee, Rondo, korver some of names I

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Banjo? The j in my name is pronounced like a 'y' in english, good try though.

I understand the market rates ass hole, the entire thread I repeatedly stated that I was fully expecting him to get that contract...I was putting up the argument why I thought the money was better spent elsewhere.

Thanks though.

I didn't remember your name...I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers.

Nah, that wasn't the issue, but whatever...like I said...welcome to the new NBA.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Does it not raise a single eyebrow that no one else offered him a contract? The only 2 interested teams were Clippers and Lakers...Clips didn't want to leave empty handed since all the other guys they were targeting signed contracts, and the Lakers obviously are waiting on what Kawhi will do. This move does not technically take the Clips out of the running for Kawhi, but he is not going to Clips with all the other superstars signed away.

As for the backup plan, Lakers are definitely risking it by putting all their chips on Kawhi. If this fails, Seth Curry and Danny Green are still available...but if Kawhi goes back to Toronto (sure as hell ain't going to clips), then Danny will be back too. Which leaves....Enes Kanter lmfao.

At this time, it is 100% Kawhi or bust.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 08:53 AM
I didn't remember your name...I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers.

Nah, that wasn't the issue, but whatever...like I said...welcome to the new NBA.

Likewise, welcome to the new NBA.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Does it not raise a single eyebrow that no one else offered him a contract? The only 2 interested teams were Clippers and Lakers...Clips didn't want to leave empty handed since all the other guys they were targeting signed contracts, and the Lakers obviously are waiting on what Kawhi will do.

As for the backup plan, Lakers are definitely risking it by putting all their chips on Kawhi. If this fails, Seth Curry and Danny Green are still available...but if Kawhi goes back to Toronto (sure as hell ain't going to clips), then Danny will be back too. Which leaves....Enes Kanter lmfao.

Other teams would have for sure paid him...it sounds like he wanted to stay in LA though. Just look at the market for all the point guards...they got a shit ton of money. Again, guards are super valuable now and it doesn't look like that is changing...

Agree with the bold, fascinating what might happen in the next 48 hours.

jayfan
07-01-2019, 09:34 AM
Kawhi would be silly not to sign with Clips now. The team is all set for him. They'll win the title, giving him 3 titles with 3 teams, and it will be thought of as his team, rather than the Chris Bosh status he'd have with the Lakers.

No brainer.

Ghost1
07-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Kawhi would be silly not to sign with Clips now. The team is all set for him. They'll win the title, giving him 3 titles with 3 teams, and it will be thought of as his team, rather than the Chris Bosh status he'd have with the Lakers.

No brainer.

Mavs with Kawhi > Clippers with Kawhi

jayfan
07-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Mavs with Kawhi > Clippers with Kawhi

He wins a title with the Clippers. Even if the same would be true on the Mavs, he'd rather be in LA than Dallas.

:confusedshrug:

jayfan
07-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Does it not raise a single eyebrow that no one else offered him a contract? The only 2 interested teams were Clippers and Lakers...Clips didn't want to leave empty handed since all the other guys they were targeting signed contracts, and the Lakers obviously are waiting on what Kawhi will do. This move does not technically take the Clips out of the running for Kawhi, but he is not going to Clips with all the other superstars signed away.

Bev is worth more to the Clippers than to other teams. They've developed an identity/chemistry there, and he's at the heart of it. So it makes sense that Clips offered more.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Bev is worth more to the Clippers than to other teams. They've developed an identity/chemistry there, and he's at the heart of it. So it makes sense that Clips offered more.

Exactly my point, it makes sense that the Clippers offered the deal and not other teams.

Having said that, his deal is more reasonable than what might have been had his market been hotter (40m+, they agreed on 40m flat).

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Exactly my point, it makes sense that the Clippers offered the deal and not other teams.

Having said that, his deal is more reasonable than what might have been had his market been hotter (40m+, they agreed on 40m flat).

Notable Guard Deals;

Rubio 3/51
Jospeh 3/37
Hill 3/29
Russell 4/117
JJ 2/27
Walker 4/141
Rose 2/15
Rozier 3/58
Brogdon 4/85

Other teams would have offered something around that number. It wasn't just the Clippers.

Again, this is the market...

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Notable Guard Deals;

Rubio 3/51
Jospeh 3/37
Hill 3/29
Russell 4/117
JJ 2/27
Walker 4/141
Rose 2/15
Rozier 3/58
Brogdon 4/85

Other teams would have offered something around that number. It wasn't just the Clippers.

Bold are deals I would have liked for my team (depending on Kawhi), the others I would have been disappointed if my team gave them out since I feel like it is overpay for a pg deprived free agent class.

Again, this is my opinion....you keep mentioning market...followed by three dots...this is what I think...

That's that. I would ****ING HATE IT if Rubio signed to the Lakers on 3/51. I love Russ, but 4yrs 117m for him? Not on my team thank goodness lol..

I'll say this, if it came down to Bev on 3yr/40m and any of the non bolded...give me Bev lol.

Name the team with a source. I'll go get some coffee while you look for that.

bigkingsfan
07-01-2019, 10:29 AM

You don't know what was floating out there, he probably took a slight paycut to stay in LA instead of going to cities like Sacramento.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 10:42 AM
You don't know what was floating out there, he probably took a slight paycut to stay in LA instead of going to cities like Sacramento.

So if I don't know what was floating out there, how the hell can you assume that he took less to stay in LA?

You got sources that we don't?

Yo I'm so done talking about Patrick Beverley :oldlol: Enjoy him Clippers fans :cheers:

bigkingsfan
07-01-2019, 10:53 AM
So if I don't know what was floating out there, how the hell can you assume that he took less to stay in LA?

You got sources that we don't?

Yo I'm so done talking about Patrick Beverley :oldlol: Enjoy him Clippers fans :cheers:
You can't be this obtuse, you can base this on the other PG deals out there. You will never hear the all contracts offer these players got.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
You can't be this obtuse, you can base this on the other PG deals out there. You will never hear the all contracts offer these players got.

Oh you're so acute, bigkingsfan.

At this point I truly do not give a ****. Would you like to hear me say you're right in order for this discussion to end?

You're right!

Have an absolutely great day my man. Enjoy yourself.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Name the team with a source. I'll go get some coffee while you look for that.

You aren't understanding my point, yet again...

The Mavericks were definitely interested (reporting in Dallas said the interest was "mutual"), but I don't know the offer.

But, again, that isn't the point...you need to stop acting like this is some albatross deal that was only happening in a one-off situation.

Again, look at the other deals signed...just for guards...I haven't even brought up deals like Portis/Barnes/Randle...etc.

Bev is a solid role playing guard that plays defense and can hit 3's...and based on his age...that is worth somewhere in the 12 million dollar a year range in this league currently.

To deny that a few days ago was stupid...to deny it now is just being absurd for the sake of it.

If you don't want him on your team...fine, totally defensible position, but you keep going on like only specific circumstances could lead to Bev getting a contract like this...and that is just not true.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 10:58 AM
You aren't understanding my point, yet again...

The Mavericks were definitely interested (reporting in Dallas said the interest was "mutual"), but I don't know the offer.

But, again, that isn't the point...you need to stop acting like this is some albatross deal that was only happening in a one-off situation.

Again, look at the other deals signed...just for guards...I haven't even brought up deals like Portis/Barnes/Randle...etc.

Bev is a solid role playing guard that plays defense and can hit 3's...and based on his age...that is worth somewhere in the 12 million dollar a year range in this league currently.

To deny that a few days ago was stupid...to deny it now is just being absurd for the sake of it.

idc man.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 11:00 AM
idc man.

Great, then don't respond.

:cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Great, then don't respond.

MMMM Naahhh, here I am responding.

TheCalmInsanity
07-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Oh you're so acute, bigkingsfan.

At this point I truly do not give a ****. Would you like to hear me say you're right in order for this discussion to end?

You're right!

Have an absolutely great day my man. Enjoy yourself.

Lmao Laker fans have NO IDEA how to look at things rationally when things don't go their way

Hated Beverley, sang his praises when the media fed them the same "everyone is coming to the Lakers" bullshit narrative, and now that he re-signs they pout and get salty

This guy is actually throwing a childlike tantrum in here while DMavs is making logical and level headed points

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Lmao Laker fans have NO IDEA how to look at things rationally when things don't go their way

Hated Beverley, sang his praises when the media fed them the same "everyone is coming to the Lakers" bullshit narrative, and now that he re-signs they pout and get salty

This guy is actually throwing a childlike tantrum in here while DMavs is making logical and level headed points

This has been an ongoing discussion in other threads, it's not a tantrum...much the opposite, I don't wanna talk about it anymore lol.

I didn't come in this thread to even post a reply, he mentioned me in his post which I replied to.

I never sang Beverleys praises...he's a defensive pg who can hit 1-2 3's a game. Nice piece next to our big 3, but not worth it at his price point. Impossible actually, if Kawhi joins LA. In the other thread, I mentioned numerous times how i fully expect him to get this contract... i made the thread with the OP statement as IT'S A REASONABLE ****ING DEAL. IIIIIIIII posted my own opinion about how I don't think he's worth it, and everyone goes ape shit. Yall can collectively suck my dick, just because my opinion differs from yours, doens't mean I have "NO IDEA".

I'm seriously done talking about patrick ****ing beverley.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:20 PM
This has been an ongoing discussion in other threads, it's not a tantrum...much the opposite, I don't wanna talk about it anymore lol.

I didn't come in this thread to even post a reply, he mentioned me in his post which I replied to.

I never sang Beverleys praises...he's a defensive pg who can hit 1-2 3's a game. Nice piece next to our big 3, but not worth it at his price point. Impossible actually, if Kawhi joins LA. In the other thread, I mentioned numerous times how i fully expect him to get this contract... i made the thread with the OP statement as IT'S A REASONABLE ****ING DEAL. IIIIIIIII posted my own opinion about how I don't think he's worth it, and everyone goes ape shit. Yall can collectively suck my dick, just because my opinion differs from yours, doens't mean I have "NO IDEA".

You just brought him up in another thread in which you are wrong in yet again.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
[/B]

You just brought him up in another thread in which you are wrong in yet again.

It was supposed to be an ironic joke, which flew over your big ass head.

smart ass

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
It was supposed to be an ironic joke, which flew over your big ass head.

smart ass

Yep, you are hilarious.

qrich
07-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Hoping Clips also front loaded his contract, 14 > 13 > 12.

TheCalmInsanity
07-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Meltdown

I'm not your therapist

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Notable Guard Deals;

Rubio 3/51
Jospeh 3/37
Hill 3/29
Russell 4/117
JJ 2/27
Walker 4/141
Rose 2/15
Rozier 3/58
Brogdon 4/85

And the only ones of good value are Brogdon, JJ, and Rose. The rest were made by either desperate and/or terribly run teams. Bev his entire career never got half of that, he didn't suddenly improve. No one else was in for him. The Clippers secured his services because all the second possible stars are off the board. Who else they going to splurge the cap on. Boogie..? Austin Rivers?

This was their only option. Run it back with the mediocre squad and keep praying for stars next season.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 02:07 PM
And the only ones of good value are Brogdon, JJ, and Rose. The rest were made by either desperate and/or terribly run teams. Bev his entire career never got half of that, he didn't suddenly improve. No one else was in for him. The Clippers secured his services because all the second possible stars are off the board. Who else they going to splurge the cap on. Boogie..? Austin Rivers?

This was their only option. Run it back with the mediocre squad and keep praying for stars next season.

You aren't factoring in the cap increasing this year and next year. Salaries are going way up around the league.

So, a player like Bev that can defend and hit 3's...is worth roughly 12 million a year.

You don't have to agree with it, but that is the going price (honestly on the low end) for a player like that.

Most role players aren't worth their contracts, but you still have to have role players...so their value gets inflated.

Just the nature of the NBA market...

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:33 PM
CARMELO Projections just came out;

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/patrick-beverley/

Yea, he's worth 12 million a year easily in this market...

In case anyone is wondering, here is Rondo;

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/rajon-rondo/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 03:42 PM

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/patrick-beverley/

Yea, he's worth 12 million a year easily in this market...

In case anyone is wondering, here is Rondo;

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/rajon-rondo/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

-5mil lmao. Yea just play caruso then.

bigkingsfan
07-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Honestly, I did a few random players and it was was bad. :oldlol:

Bam Adebayo
5-YR MARKET VALUE: $129.2M

Marcus Smart
5-YR MARKET VALUE: $151.2M

RRR3
07-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Honestly, I did a few random players and it was was bad. :oldlol:

Bam Adebayo
5-YR MARKET VALUE: $129.2M
Bam is great. You’ll see.

qrich
07-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Hey sajo

Patrick Beverley turned down lucrative Kings offer to 'be Pat' with Clippers https://t.co/UwGRgEYibx

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Yep, again...this isn't surprising giving the market.

Rumors around Dallas were that it was 3/45 for him. Sounds like Kings offered him the Rubio contract and then settled on Joseph.

GimmeThat
07-02-2019, 01:04 AM
he was stuck in the classic scenario of how many minutes was he going to get to play