PDA

View Full Version : Cops accidentally record themselves making up false charges

PistonsFan#21
07-01-2019, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ac4pg98SA

How often do you guys think this happens and goes unnoticed because they are smart enough to not record themselves or because their bodycam ''malfunctions''. :confusedshrug:

Patrick Chewing
07-01-2019, 11:18 AM
You forgot to log off your alt, highwhey. So embarrassing. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
07-01-2019, 11:30 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/UcY7PCa83NBu0/giphy.gif

highwhey
07-01-2019, 11:41 AM
it happens more often but most people don

TheMan
07-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Ha, so instead of commentating on the cop's dubious behavior, you attack the OP...stop being a cop's bootlicker :oldlol:

If a cop does something wrong, let's call his ass out...this is inexcusable and I hope the ACLU win their lawsuit against rotten cops who abuse the power we the people trust them with :confusedshrug:

Like Dave once so wisely said, it's still We The People riiiiight!

Patrick Chewing
07-01-2019, 12:54 PM
I hope you call out crooked citizens too. I laugh at these threads because while I don

highwhey
07-01-2019, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]I hope you call out crooked citizens too. I laugh at these threads because while I don

Long Duck Dong
07-01-2019, 02:16 PM
This was 4 years ago. Are we going to drag up every bad cop video on YT? :oldlol:

And this isn't even a bad cop video. They were cleared of any wrong doing and it appears the ACLU who initially sued decided not proceed with the case. The guy was in the middle of the highwey creating a traffic disturbance, that's illegal. He was open carrying his firearm which is perfectly legal but some witnesses told the cops they couldn't tell if he had the camera in his hand or a pistol since it was at night which is why the cops used the term "claim". So an armed guy camped out on an island in the middle of the road filming at night doesn't think he's going to get some attention by the cops? Charges were dropped against him btw.

PistonsFan#21
07-01-2019, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]I hope you call out crooked citizens too. I laugh at these threads because while I don

iamgine
07-01-2019, 02:40 PM
The law is a delicate balancing act. Sometimes you have to do dirty things to protect the public, but not go overboard.

MaxFly
07-01-2019, 04:16 PM
I've known a few officers and this sort of thing tends to infuriate them because it breeds mistrust in the communities where they serve and makes their jobs much more difficult. Most police officers are good guys and gals simply trying to serve and get home safely.

However, they'll also tell you that this sort of thing happens pretty frequently. They tend to have little choice but to overlook it when they come across it because they run the risk of being ostracized in their departments and not only creating a hostile environment for themselves, but being targeted for possible reprisals, whether it be the stymying of pay, favorable shifts, promotions and even being targeted by IA themselves.

Take for example a case last year where police officers beat up a gentleman during a Black Lives Matters protest in St Louis. Normally, we'd chalk it up to police properly handling a raucous, disrespectful protester who got what he had coming to him, right. Turns out that the man the three officers involved beat and kicked was a 22-year police veteran who was working undercover. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46403547)

He was beaten so badly that he eventually needed surgery to his neck and spine and could not eat for days because of the injuries to his face, including a 2cm hole above his lip, the Post-Dispatch reported.

And the resulting investigation, because he was a cop after all, resulted in the discovery of a bunch of texts between the officers.

“It’s gonna get IGNORANT tonight!!” he texted on Sept. 15, 2017, the day of the verdict. “It’s gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these s---heads once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!!!!”

In fact, texts from Boone, Hays and Myers suggest those officers were explicitly looking forward to violently attacking protesters. The day the verdict was released, Myers suggested they “whoop some ass.” Boone boasted about how he would beat “people up when they don’t act right,” and “just grab” protesters and “toss them around.”

Asked how he was faring during the demonstrations two days after the verdict, Boone responded, “A lot of cops getting hurt, but it’s still a blast beating people that deserve it. . . . I’m enjoying every night.”

In the weeks afterward, prosecutors say, the three police officers gave false statements about the arrest and even directly contacted Hall to try to dissuade him from pursuing charges. Myers also destroyed Hall’s cellphone, prosecutors say. Colletta, who was romantically involved with Hays, also lied to investigators about the assault, according to the indictment.

Boone, Hays and Myers face charges of depriving Hall of his constitutional rights and conspiring to obstruct justice. Myers also faces a charge of destroying evidence, and Colletta is charged with obstructing, influencing or impeding a grand jury.

There likely would not have been an investigation had the man the beat not been a cop. :confusedshrug:

TheMan
07-03-2019, 11:02 AM
I've known a few officers and this sort of thing tends to infuriate them because it breeds mistrust in the communities where they serve and makes their jobs much more difficult. Most police officers are good guys and gals simply trying to serve and get home safely.

However, they'll also tell you that this sort of thing happens pretty frequently. They tend to have little choice but to overlook it when they come across it because they run the risk of being ostracized in their departments and not only creating a hostile environment for themselves, but being targeted for possible reprisals, whether it be the stymying of pay, favorable shifts, promotions and even being targeted by IA themselves.

Take for example a case last year where police officers beat up a gentleman during a Black Lives Matters protest in St Louis. Normally, we'd chalk it up to police properly handling a raucous, disrespectful protester who got what he had coming to him, right. Turns out that the man the three officers involved beat and kicked was a 22-year police veteran who was working undercover. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46403547)

And the resulting investigation, because he was a cop after all, resulted in the discovery of a bunch of texts between the officers.

There likely would not have been an investigation had the man the beat not been a cop. :confusedshrug:
https://dt2sdf0db8zob.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/crickets-meme.png

MaxFly
07-03-2019, 11:48 AM
https://dt2sdf0db8zob.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/crickets-meme.png

Not surprised... :confusedshrug:

highwhey
07-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Not surprised... :confusedshrug:
patty and shogun hit the road as soon as a logical argument is made against their view, they move on to the next thread :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing
07-03-2019, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=highwhey]i

highwhey
07-03-2019, 03:39 PM
You guys are a comedic bunch. I'll address your question that way you don't think that we're skirting the issue. You've got your circle-jerk group of friends in here now to back you up, and I fear no man, so I'll address your question.

Yes, everyone should be held accountable for their actions, police included. Why it doesn't happen? Take it up with your local congressman.

But that isn't the problem. The problem is you people cry foul over EVERY police interaction no matter what it is. And no matter what type of video evidence you may have, the second a cop pulls the trigger on a justifiable shooting, ya'll go apeshit on the cop. I mean, we literally have some of you making excuses for the guy that dragged the cop down the street with his SUV. If you want accountability, then start with yourselves and with dumbasses like that guy. Like I said, there are ways to avoid the cops if you despise them so much.
that is the real problem. they are not held accountable and the lot of you makes every excuse possible to defend them. since when is it ok to point a gun at a pregnant lady holding her baby and threaten to bust a cap in her? NEVER. escalating a situation like that is not beneficial for anyone. you are a gun aficionado are you not? do you think being pissed off raising your blood pressure with adrenaline coursing through your veins makes it easier to stay composed while holding a fire arm? umm, no. hence why cops should de-escalate situations.

that dumbass cop wanted the mother to put the baby on the hot asphalt in the arizona summer. how fvcking stupid do you have to be? no mother is going to do that no matter if a gun i pointed at her head. you couldn

Kblaze8855
07-05-2019, 05:18 AM
Yes, everyone should be held accountable for their actions, police included. Why it doesn't happen? Take it up with your local congressman.

But that isn't the problem.

You honestly feel people calling out cops who may be in the right is a bigger problem than bad cops not being held accountable when they are the ones causing the good cops to be hated and called out to begin with?

Nanners
07-05-2019, 05:47 AM
You honestly feel people calling out cops who may be in the right is a bigger problem than bad cops not being held accountable when they are the ones causing the good cops to be hated and called out to begin with?

amen. the widespread hatred toward cops these days is largely driven by the fact that when a bad cop is caught being bad (which happens far too often), 99% of the time their crime goes unpunished.