PDA

View Full Version : per WOJ: Knicks never had a chance on KD even if they offered max

Kiddlovesnets
07-01-2019, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffreybellone/status/1145696889351917568?s=21

Apparently the rumor that James Dolan hesitated to offer KD max was simply to save face. They wanted KD but just never had their chance, so their FO never bothered to push James Dolan at all. Kinda reminds me of a college classmate who didnt dare to ask a beautiful girl out, and instead he said 'shes ugly I dont want her anyway'.
:roll:

ScalsFan21
07-01-2019, 03:37 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

KLN we deserve this. I know we've both suffered through fukking centuries of this Net bullshit. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say last night was the best day in franchise history. :bowdown:

Kiddlovesnets
07-01-2019, 03:44 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

KLN we deserve this. I know we've both suffered through fukking centuries of this Net bullshit. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say last night was the best day in franchise history. :bowdown:

Tbh I knew the new Nets FO was awesome but still to cover up Bill King's bullshit with this masterpiece, someone needs to build a statue for Sean Marks.
:cheers:

ScalsFan21
07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Tbh I knew the new Nets FO was awesome but still to cover up Bill King's bullshit with this masterpiece, someone needs to build a statue for Sean Marks.
:cheers:

It's pretty unbelievable. I was excited as shit when we first brought these guys on, but I don't think they've made a mistake since they got here. When Marks arrived we had no assets AND no picks, and they just kept plugging away and hitting on ALL their minor moves. Now we lure KD away from more money w/ GS, but more impressively a shot at being Knicks royalty.

It almost feels like we have our own form of Belichick with Marks and Kenny. :lol After years of just DUDS running our team, too.

Mean Joe Bean
07-01-2019, 04:33 PM
I honestly think if KD didn't rupture his Achilles in the Finals, Kyrie and him would be Knicks right now.

Kyrie was the one who wanted to go to the Nets. I suspect KD wanted the extra bright lights of MSG. But once he tore his Achilles, he lost all the leverage to tell Kyrie where to go.

Kiddlovesnets
07-01-2019, 04:37 PM
I honestly think if KD didn't rupture his Achilles in the Finals, Kyrie and him would be Knicks right now.

Kyrie was the one who wanted to go to the Nets. I suspect KD wanted the extra bright lights of MSG. But once he tore his Achilles, he lost all the leverage to tell Kyrie where to go.

You do realize that the Nets team trainer is KD's long term friend and was the one who performed his leg surgery in 2015(and of course this year's Achilles surgery too). On the other hand, KD's agent Jay Z was once a Nets minority owner, still partial owner of the Barkley Center, a long term Nets fan for more than a decade. Not even mentioning that Irving was firm on becoming a Net.

It would have been delusional to think the Knicks had a chance, KD would have never come to the Knicks even if he didnt join the Nets. Had he not ruptured the Achillies, he might've stayed with GSW instead. But as long as he decided to leave GSW, there was no way he'd prefer Knicks over Nets.
:pimp: