Now that's what I call good value.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Smith Jr/Payton
Barrett/Ellington/Trier
Knox/Bullock
Randle/Gibson
Robinson/Portis

The players are decent, but they are missing a star...who's supposed to lead this team? Julius?

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Knicks are back, Mortimer!

imdaman99
07-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Did he cut his hair? I haven't seen him play in forever. That hair annoyed the hell out of me. Pretty sure Bullock had/has the same hair... it's gonna be a long season :roll: but at least RJ can develop.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Did he cut his hair? I haven't seen him play in forever. That hair annoyed the hell out of me. Pretty sure Bullock had/has the same hair... it's gonna be a long season :roll: but at least RJ can develop.

At least you guys signed him as the backup, both him and Bullock. They are good bench players, but would be looked at as weak starters.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 02:16 PM
i like it. the knicks are building a farm of role players on short contracts they can trade off at the deadline. most of them could easily be bench contributors on playoff teams

RoseCity07
07-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Only guard I've ever seen airball two free throws in a row.:oldlol:

superduper
07-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Only guard I've ever seen airball two free throws in a row.:oldlol:

Ben Simmons will be there soon

Patrick Chewing
07-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Payton is a triple-double machine.

Phenith
07-01-2019, 04:20 PM
The Knicks have quietly NOT made the mistakes they are known for... this is a another decent signing for the short term.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-01-2019, 04:52 PM
The Knicks have quietly NOT made the mistakes they are known for... this is a another decent signing for the short term.
In all seriousness, you're right. None of these signings are really that bad. It's just the level of expectation was set so high, the level of jokes or criticism in other threads was bound to be like this. :(

ralph_i_el
07-01-2019, 05:48 PM
The Knicks have 10 players that could be role players on good teams. It will be interesting to see who gets traded.

smoovegittar
07-01-2019, 06:24 PM
The whole idea is to bring relevancy; develop young talent while building a core. The Garden is not enough to lure anyone, but a winning culture will. 2-3 years.

coin24
07-01-2019, 07:37 PM
The whole idea is to bring relevancy; develop young talent while building a core. The Garden is not enough to lure anyone, but a winning culture will. 2-3 years.

Maybe they finally figured it out. No one of this generation gives a rats ass about the mecca or the gardens history when the team is a joke.
If they can develop rj and add a few more pieces it's a much better sell to attract a star than the current mess..

brooks_thompson
07-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Wow, ISH, after reading RealGM going nuts on the Knicks, I am very impressed to come here and see reasonable, level-headed takes on the strategy. At least one team will end up wanting one of those vets at the deadline and will pay for him. Plus they actually have some guys who know how to play basketball now. Again, great job ISH. This place can still surprise me sometimes.

Draz
07-01-2019, 10:23 PM
All players signed with team options.

This is great

GimmeThat
07-02-2019, 01:37 AM
his pick and roll game will represent mostly of Kobe

bluechox2
07-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Great tradeable assets... get their stocks up next year

Patrick Chewing
07-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Great tradeable assets... get their stocks up next year

Best avy out there

:bowdown:

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2019, 09:46 AM
All players signed with team options.

This is great

I wouldn't say great. Great would be singing KD.

But this is better than previous Knicks decisions. It could be a lot worse, as a victim of the 2016 offseason believe me lol. You guys will LOVE Randle.

Phenith
07-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Wow, ISH, after reading RealGM going nuts on the Knicks, I am very impressed to come here and see reasonable, level-headed takes on the strategy. At least one team will end up wanting one of those vets at the deadline and will pay for him. Plus they actually have some guys who know how to play basketball now. Again, great job ISH. This place can still surprise me sometimes.
The rational mind knew the Knicks were out of the running after Kyrie to Nets heated up and many were waiting for the disaster signings of the past to rear their ugly heads, but it seems like they might finally be under decent leadership. They have a decent mix of assets with massive flexibility for next off season which isn't something the Knicks have been able to say for quite some time.