PDA

View Full Version : Horfords contract is awfull

90sgoat
07-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Let's be real here.

That's an awful contract.

Making 26 million USD at age 37 :roll:

Horfor has at most 2 seasons left as starter.

He would have been nice on Mavs, but no effing way that contract.

Levity
07-01-2019, 02:42 PM
that 26 mil will get them out of the east this year. theyll worry about the rest later :lol

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 02:52 PM
You gotta understand the deal in Philly's POV:

This is the last offseason that Simmons will be on his rookie deal

Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler were both free agents, and they were going to go over the cap to keep one or both of them (now we know just one).

Richardson like 3-4 years on his 10m per contract, as well as Embiid having 4yrs left on his max (near max?).

This was their last chance to obtain a high quality player directly from free agency. At this point, they were just trying to snag somebody. I have no clue how Al and Embiid are going to fit next to each other, along with Tobias and Ben...Richardson...it's definitely not well constructed.

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Nah. They will win the east.

Unfortunately that's as far as they will get with Kang James out here putting in work this offseason. :banana:

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Milwaukee still better than Philly.

Levity
07-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Milwaukee still better than Philly.

debatable.

brodgon was huge for them and got closing minutes over bledsoe in the playoffs. but giannis gaining a legit 3pt game this summer increases their chances tenfold.

richardson and holford are two legit pieces that really compliment the starting 5 for philly. theyre going to be a fun team to watch. defensive nightmare.

superduper
07-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Giannis is never going to be the player everyone wants him to be. This is and was his peak.

ScalsFan21
07-01-2019, 04:00 PM
I'll just say this. For a guy who's talked about like such a winning presence, he folds an awful lot in critical moments. Total disappearing acts. Very hit or miss.

I heard Max Kellerman say he was a better impact than Jimmy lol... I can't get there at Al's age, even though immy can't shoot and wrecks teams. (actually he's younger than I thought he was, might be close)