PDA

View Full Version : Enes Kanter to Celtics on 2yr/$10m deal

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 02:42 PM
GREAT value. One by one, every rotation player is finding a team...

Manny98
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
From Al Horford to Enes Kanter...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

RRR3
07-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Enes the penes

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 02:46 PM
From Al Horford to Enes Kanter...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

From 4yrs/$109m to 2yrs/$10m.

Celtics dodged a cap bullet. And Kanter isn't a bad replacement at all, only problem now is Celtics went from being a good defensive team to....well, let's just say Kanter and Walker aren't known to be good defenders :lol

Derka
07-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Asked the mods to delete my thread on this; you got me by a minute!

He's got an option on the 2nd year so I don't think this is the MLE. I'm surprised we got him for this low; I guess he's playing for his next big contract. Good money for a former #3 pick.

I'm curious what his role will be. He's certainly not a shooter, which Stevens loves. He's not a great shot blocker and a so-so rebounder, nor is he a great defender overall. Al Horford quarterbacked that defense.

Another issue with him is with traveling to other countries right now because of his status with Turkey and we play a few times a year in the playoffs against Toronto, possibly a playoff series. That's not a great reason to lose a player for critical games.

Wally450
07-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Dude used to always torch us. Offensive boards all around coming up. He cleans up on the glass.

JohnnySic
07-01-2019, 02:50 PM
I wanted Cousins but Kanter is OK. Great rebounder and can score inside. Between him and Williams/Theis the C's can switch offense/defense looks at center.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Asked the mods to delete my thread on this; you got me by a minute!

He's got an option on the 2nd year so I don't think this is the MLE. I'm surprised we got him for this low; I guess he's playing for his next big contract. Good money for a former #3 pick.

I'm curious what his role will be. He's certainly not a shooter, which Stevens loves. He's not a great shot blocker and a so-so rebounder, nor is he a great defender overall. Al Horford quarterbacked that defense.

Another issue with him is with traveling to other countries right now because of his status with Turkey and we play a few times a year in the playoffs against Toronto, possibly a playoff series. That's not a great reason to lose a player for critical games.

Strongly disagree with the bold, he's a great rebounder. Guy averaged 11rpg with the Knicks playing only what, 25minutes a night? Very good low post scorer and very good rebounder. Defense not so much, but he was decent in the playoffs defensively if my memory serves me right. Decent meaning he held his own, wasn't a full blown liability like Meyers was.

As far as travel goes, wasn't the only problem the London game? He played in Toronto.

Hey Yo
07-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Is he trolling Kyrie??

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/01/enes-kanter-signing-with-celtics-for-room-exception/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-aMR97XsAAfQuq.jpg

RRR3
07-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Imagine saying Enes Kanter is a so so rebounder :roll:

sammichoffate
07-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Imagine saying Enes Kanter is a so so rebounder :roll:He was top 15 this season lol

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Smart playing defense 1v5 this season.

dbugz
07-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Kanter + Smart

expecting more Cs brawl and on court fights :oldlol: :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Actually a great deal.

Boston contending for east if Hayward gets back to form and Tatum improves.

Kblaze8855
07-01-2019, 06:21 PM
I understand the perception is that his defense is so bad he is unplayable and that people who think that are willing to ignore than he just played 29 minutes a game in the playoffs for a team that won 2 series in the west....

I understand and accept all that.

But....

Is Jonas 3 times the play?

Among among our contingent of Kanter dislikers....

Isn

Vino24
07-02-2019, 12:03 AM
He's not the best defensive player but at that price he does two things well. Rebound and scoring. Celtics are about to get really good at 2nd chance scoring :eek:

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2019, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I understand the perception is that his defense is so bad he is unplayable and that people who think that are willing to ignore than he just played 29 minutes a game in the playoffs for a team that won 2 series in the west....

I understand and accept all that.

But....

Is Jonas 3 times the play?

Among among our contingent of Kanter dislikers....

Isn

coin24
07-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Wow thought he could get way more

HylianNightmare
07-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Gross fit

Jasper
07-02-2019, 09:28 AM
enes is a far better player than most fans realize.

He boards, plays defense , and has a nice touch around the rim.

Sometimes he plays like a thug , but if a coaching staff works with him , and
gets him to play he can easily be a 10/ 10 guy.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2019, 09:30 AM
enes is a far better player than most fans realize.

He boards, plays defense , and has a nice touch around the rim.

Sometimes he plays like a thug , but if a coaching staff works with him , and
gets him to play he can easily be a 10/ 10 guy.

I swear some of you guys have never seen these dudes play. Yes, he physically plays defense, he doesn't just stand on the offensive side of the court when his team is defending.

But he is notoriously one of the worst defensive centers in the NBA. He's known for his soft touch around the rim and knack at getting boards. He can also shoot the midranger and can hit the occasional three.

Jasper
07-02-2019, 11:47 AM
like I said we will see what Celtics do with him.

ronniec
07-02-2019, 12:36 PM
2 years 10 mil, it is a steal.

How much Horford is getting from Philly? 4 times the money.
Don't even compare them in any way.

It may be a downgrade, but not that far.

Positives are:

1/ We get another big man
2/ Kanter has room to improve, and I don't think Horford can sustain his level of playing
3/ the departure of Horford and Kyrie force the young players to step up, and stepping up now. Tatum and Brown (and Hayward) now should have regular and more playing minutes to develop.
4/ Kemba is a much better "team" player than Kyrie. No more locker room distractions