PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: ISAIAH THOMAS goes to the WIZARDS

LukeWalton
07-01-2019, 10:54 PM
replaces John Wall until that guy heals

fiddy
07-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Salsa? Any word on how much he's getting paid.

HylianNightmare
07-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Poor IT

Horatio33
07-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Back Up The Brinks Truck

LostCause
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Great move for IT

He'll get the opportunity to show what he can do after being healthy and working so hard. Could probably get his career back on track if things go well

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2019, 08:23 AM
As much as people make fun of him for the Brinks line he's still going to make millions and when he retires he'll get a career either as a coach at some level or do TV.

Derka
07-02-2019, 08:24 AM
I have wished nothing but the best for this guy since he left Boston, despite the Brinks truck stupidity.

I hope he can turn things around in DC.

dbugz
07-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Miiiidddgggeeeeetttttttttt

PP34Deuce
07-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Good spot for him.

Ultimately if IT can accept he'd be a great 6th man 2nd unite scorer, he'd be able to stay on a team.

Wally450
07-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Good move. Hopefully he gets some decent playing time in an attempt to prove himself again.

superduper
07-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Why didn't he want to play with LeGOAT again? :eek: :(

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Good spot for him.

Ultimately if IT can accept he'd be a great 6th man 2nd unite scorer, he'd be able to stay on a team.It's been a few years now since the injury and he's 30 years old. At this point it's not about proving himself it's just about staying in the league. He's not going to get any 4 year big deal.

tontoz
07-02-2019, 12:22 PM
IT will definitely get time. Wall is out and we just traded Satoransky. The only other pg on the roster is Ish Smith.

Vet min deal. I am fine with it.

DMAVS41
07-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Don't they pretty much have to trade Beal? I know Zach Lowe thinks they should keep him, but ugh...how can you risk him bouncing...especially because it is going to be really hard for him to make all-nba.

I mean, he's got 2 years left on a great deal and teams will be falling over themselves to get him.

The whole Wall situation really sucks and the Wizards just found themselves in a really tough situation. Really is unfortunate, but Beal's value will never be higher than it is right now. They had the same crossroads with Wall before his extension and they chose to keep him (again, which was absolutely fine and people saying it was totally stupid are revising history)...

I wonder if they take a different direction this time if they can get a massive haul for Beal.

Kiddlovesnets
07-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Hes a cancer at this point of his career, theres really little he can do now.

tontoz
07-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Don't they pretty much have to trade Beal? I know Zach Lowe thinks they should keep him, but ugh...how can you risk him bouncing...especially because it is going to be really hard for him to make all-nba.

I mean, he's got 2 years left on a great deal and teams will be falling over themselves to get him.

The whole Wall situation really sucks and the Wizards just found themselves in a really tough situation. Really is unfortunate, but Beal's value will never be higher than it is right now. They had the same crossroads with Wall before his extension and they chose to keep him (again, which was absolutely fine and people saying it was totally stupid are revising history)...

I wonder if they take a different direction this time if they can get a massive haul for Beal.

He isn't getting traded. We don't even have a GM. :lol

If he was going to get dealt it would have been before the draft. In spite of everything Beal seems to like it in DC and is working closely with ownership/mgt now.

For years it was Wall's team. Now it is clearly Beal's team and will continue to be Beal's team when Wall comes back. I think he likes that.

Pretty sure he had a hand in Grunfeld FINALLY getting fired.

NBAGOAT
07-02-2019, 01:47 PM

zach lowe has brought this deal up a lot and i love it. Beal for a package centered around Gary Harris. A beal for wiggins+every asset minnesota can give up could work too

DMAVS41
07-02-2019, 04:50 PM
zach lowe has brought this deal up a lot and i love it. Beal for a package centered around Gary Harris. A beal for wiggins+every asset minnesota can give up could work too

The Nuggets could offer some crazy good packages.

Minny, I guess could do something insanely good if the Wizards were willing to take back Wiggins.

Interesting stuff.

DMAVS41
07-03-2019, 08:55 AM
By the way...why is nobody talking about the Wizards doing nothing at the deadline with Ariza/Sato/Green?

They held onto all 3 and then lost them for nothing.

Each guy had a positive trade value.

Also, that panic traded Porter and got like 50 cents on the dollar in a move that wasn't really needed if you never intended to keep those guys.

So they could have kept Porter and built his trade value back up (that cap increasing would have done half the work for them) and moved him this summer or early next year.

I've defended them at times, but losing Ariza/Sato/Green for nothing and the Porter trade are egregious mistakes...even for the Wizards.

coin24
07-03-2019, 09:33 AM
By the way...why is nobody talking about the Wizards doing nothing at the deadline with Ariza/Sato/Green?

They held onto all 3 and then lost them for nothing.

Each guy had a positive trade value.

Also, that panic traded Porter and got like 50 cents on the dollar in a move that wasn't really needed if you never intended to keep those guys.

So they could have kept Porter and built his trade value back up (that cap increasing would have done half the work for them) and moved him this summer or early next year.

I've defended them at times, but losing Ariza/Sato/Green for nothing and the Porter trade are egregious mistakes...even for the Wizards.

Dumpster fire organisation.. no direction