PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen a so-called all-time great elevate an opponent like Lebron did Iggy

3ball
07-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Iggy was an 8 ppg player on the downside until Lebron let him double his normal scoring average and win FMVP

After that, every little thing that Iggy did was magnified and glorified, while his standard bench player screwups were ignored

If Iggy hadn't won FMVP, no one would talk about him and he'd just be another 8 ppg bench player.. But Lebron literally made this guy a HOF'er

Marchesk
07-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Lebron elevates players around him, like Jordan did Payton in the 96 finals.

3ball
07-02-2019, 03:18 PM
You really think that's an accurate comparison?

You're either trolling or your head is still up Lebron's ass.. damn brah, at least come up for some air, jfc

Anyway, I prefer threads like this where it's pretty matter a fact and nothing to dispute

SpaceJam2
07-02-2019, 03:24 PM

:roll: :roll:

And Shawn Kemp

Outplayed MJ too

RealSkipBayless
07-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Aaaaaand were done here. :oldlol:

3ball
07-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Payton wasn't an 8 ppg bench player that MJ let win fmvp

Payton was a HOF that lost the championship and fmvp to Jordan

You guys are just bad trolls

but your trolls let me know that I'm right and Lebron isn't too 10 all-time.. Kawhi is better, Kobe, etc

SpaceJam2
07-02-2019, 04:05 PM

but your trolls let me know that I'm right and Lebron isn't too 10 all-time.. Kawhi is better, Kobe, etc

Imagine Shawn Kemp having a higher GameScore in the 1996 Finals than MJ

Oh wait :eek: It happened

Vino24
07-02-2019, 04:05 PM
and we are done here :oldlol: :oldlol:

3ball
07-02-2019, 04:07 PM
and we are done here :oldlol: :oldlol:

but your trolls let me know that I'm right and Lebron isn't too 10 all-time.. Kawhi is better, Kobe, etc..

Vino24
07-02-2019, 04:08 PM

but your trolls let me know that I'm right and Lebron isn't too 10 all-time.. Kawhi is better, Kobe, etc..
Lucky for MJ he had Pippen to take the heavy load

SpaceJam2
07-02-2019, 04:09 PM

MJ not top 10 either then homie

Imagine Shawn Kemp having a higher GameScore in the 1996 Finals than MJ

Oh wait**It happened :eek:

SpaceJam2
07-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Lucky for MJ he had Pippen to take the heavy load

4 rbs
2 assists

2 of top 5 worst FG% ever for FMVP

The MJ Standard :roll:

Manny98
07-02-2019, 06:03 PM
:roll: :roll:

NBAGOAT
07-02-2019, 06:42 PM
op is the type to wish kawhi was still a super role player or just an all star type. He have one more talking point to denigrate a player not named jordan.

Btw kobe lead bad rosters to great offenses in 06 and 07, something mj has never done.

ScalsFan21
07-02-2019, 06:48 PM
op is the type to wish kawhi was still a super role player or just an all star type. He have one more talking point to denigrate a player not named jordan.

Btw kobe lead bad rosters to great offenses in 06 and 07, something mj has never done.

I don't think 3ball wishes that if Kawhi goes to the Lakers. It'd be better for him to have the built-in way to downplay any future LeBron rings. :lol

Bawkish
07-03-2019, 03:44 AM

saying GP clamped MJ in 96 Finals is like saying Kawhi single handedly locked down Giannis this year

3ball
07-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Op is the type to wish kawhi was still a super role player or just an all star type. He have one more talking point to denigrate a player not named jordan.

I hope Kawhi goes to the Lakers because it dilutes his rings and secures his status as a guy that teams up with rivals... Only Lebron did it 3 times

That's mini-jordan, so what do you expect

And btw, the Bulls had the #1 offense while playing 4 on 5 with Rodman and pippen averaging less than 20 ppg..

Overall, MJ's bulls had four #1 offenses despite no 3rd option and an often weak-scoring Pippen

Infact, MJ had the best offenses ever despite weak offensive help - he had the #2, 6, 12 and 16 offenses all-time (the most top 10 and top 20 offenses ever)

SpaceJam2
07-03-2019, 04:01 PM

It's just

2ez

:dancin

TheMan
07-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Eh, forget Iggy, LeBron elevated Jason Terry in 2011.

Sorriest shit I've ever heard was...but can LeBron stop Jason Terry :yaohappy:

https://youtu.be/UHtuQIJ1F1U

Marchesk
07-03-2019, 06:19 PM
saying GP clamped MJ in 96 Finals is like saying Kawhi single handedly locked down Giannis this year

Or like saying Iggy locked down Lebron in 2015 and deserved the FMVP over Curry.

Vino24
07-03-2019, 06:20 PM

kind of like How Kobe elevated Jason Terry? :oldlol:

And1AllDay
07-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Issa wrap

TheMan
07-03-2019, 06:49 PM
kind of like How Kobe elevated Jason Terry? :oldlol:
How so?

Bawkish
07-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Or like saying Iggy locked down Lebron in 2015 and deserved the FMVP over Curry.

The difference is Lebron is so generous in giving out FMVPs not only to Iggy but also to Kawhi, Dirk, Tony Parker & twice to KD

and i predict he'll give it next year too to AD

no one in NBA history is this generous to giving out FMVPs to opponents :roll:

ClipperRevival
07-03-2019, 11:37 PM
The ONLY reason why LeBron gave up FMVP 4 times is because he never TRULY embraced being a defender. He might've done it in stretches but he never TRULY embraced it. That is why this happened.

Bball is played on 2 ends. Always has been, always will. People who ignore the D end usually come up short. It's about pride.

SpaceJam
07-04-2019, 01:56 AM

Terry averaged 18ppg against the Heat that series

Terry averaged 19.8ppg against the Lakers a couple series earlier

By your logic Kobe elevated JET higher :applause:

19.8 on 59% FG 68% from 3 for Terry

Andrei89
07-04-2019, 06:22 AM

Ok that shit backfired :lol :lol

TheMan
07-04-2019, 12:23 PM

But Kobe wasn't in his prime anymore :confusedshrug:

And you guys keep going on and on about how LeBron is a GOAT 1-5 defender yet he was only able to "limit" Terry to a bucket and a half less than what old Bryant did the previous series, and we're talking absolute peak prime James :roll:

Like I said, sorriest shit I ever heard was "but can LeBron stop Jason Terry" :roll:

Add to that, he got outscored by Terry in the Finals, playing 11 more minutes than a bench role player...

Fukk

Outta

Here

:yaohappy:

TheMan
07-04-2019, 12:24 PM
See post above...

And

Another

One

superduper
07-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Who scored more in their respective series?

Kobe or Terry?
LeGOAT or Terry?

boom.

bison
07-04-2019, 12:32 PM
I love how the defenses of lebron in this thread are pretty much “yes lebron is bad but so is your favorite player”

TheMan
07-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Who scored more in their respective series?

Kobe or Terry?
LeGOAT or Terry?

boom.
Yup

Kobe wasn't the reason they lost, the Mavs just played hella good...OTOH, if James drop off in production isn't historically bad, the Heat win...on top of that, Bran just went ghost in the crucial 4th quarter on damn near every game those Finals :roll:

He

Was

Shook

As

Fukk

And some legitimately have him as their GOAT

aj1987
07-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Those things are pretty much sub human apes. Logic just flies over their heads. :oldlol:

red1
07-04-2019, 08:23 PM
I don't know what on earth OP is talking about. What world do you live on? This is the first time Im seeing this thread and it's the usual 3ball homo shit.

That finals was steph's choke. If anything iggy got the finals MVP BECAUSE he was guarding lebron so he should thank lebron for his greatness and for his finals MVP - let's not forget lebron had finals MVP votes as well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrPaoQWoAADFbv.jpg

four finals MVP votes and steph was on the WINNING team and couldn't even get a single vote - how great is that? :roll: :roll: :roll:

red1
07-04-2019, 08:29 PM
my man jeff van gundy has lebron as the finals MVP that year :applause: :oldlol:

that's what happens when you have a 6-man rotation and the other team is trying to run you out of the gym subbing fresh players and you still give them a run for their money. poor delly almost died, needed an iV drip during the game but still locked curry down. delly is another guy that needs to thank his boy lebron - boy got paid off that one series alone get that money. :roll:

3ball
07-04-2019, 08:49 PM
I don't know what on earth OP is talking about. What world do you live on? This is the first time Im seeing this thread and it's the usual 3ball homo shit.

That finals was steph's choke. If anything iggy got the finals MVP BECAUSE he was guarding lebron so he should thank lebron for his greatness and for his finals MVP - let's not forget lebron had finals MVP votes as well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrPaoQWoAADFbv.jpg

four finals MVP votes and steph was on the WINNING team and couldn't even get a single vote - how great is that? :roll: :roll: :roll:
It makes no sense that both Iggy and lebron got votes

Iggy can't get mvp votes for holding lebron down, and lebron get votes for having great offense.. that makes no sense

Either Iggy's defense held lebron down, or it didn't.. it can't be both.. and Iggy obviously held him down because Lebron shot 39%, but the cavs win easily if he shoots 50%.. so Lebron should get knocked, not praised

ScalsFan21
07-04-2019, 09:40 PM
It makes no sense that both Iggy and lebron got votes

Iggy can't get mvp votes for holding lebron down, and lebron get votes for having great offense.. that makes no sense

Either Iggy's defense held lebron down, or it didn't.. it can't be both.. and Iggy obviously held him down because Lebron shot 39%, but the cavs win easily if he shoots 50%.. so Lebron should get knocked, not praised

You've been spending an awful lot of time on LeBron 2015 lately, Threebs. :lol I can't imagine him having forced that stacked GSW team to 6 by himself has you this triggered.

I think we should talk more about a stat which is unique to the King amongst modern-day superstars with a lot of playoff experience: the man has never lost a series in which he's held a 2-game lead, either 2-0 or 3-1. I thought this was supposed to be a card-carrying choker?

SpaceJam
07-04-2019, 10:33 PM
But Kobe wasn't in his prime anymore :confusedshrug:

And you guys keep going on and on about how LeBron is a GOAT 1-5 defender yet he was only able to "limit" Terry to a bucket and a half less than what old Bryant did the previous series, and we're talking absolute peak prime James :roll:

Like I said, sorriest shit I ever heard was "but can LeBron stop Jason Terry" :roll:

Add to that, he got outscored by Terry in the Finals, playing 11 more minutes than a bench role player...

Fukk

Outta

Here

Kobe fresh off back to back FMVPs* (One should be Pau

90sgoat
07-04-2019, 11:10 PM
4 rbs
2 assists

2 of top 5 worst FG% ever for FMVP

The MJ Standard :roll:

Lebron has two of the 5 worst shooting finals of a first option in 20 years.

And he didn't win FMVP while doing so.

3ball
07-04-2019, 11:44 PM
You've been spending an awful lot of time on LeBron 2015 lately, Threebs. :lol I can't imagine him having forced that stacked GSW team to 6 by himself has you this triggered.

No, I'm triggered because people think Lebron is great by needing twice the hold time (an extra 7 minutes) to get 35 ppg compared to Kawhi or MJ (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469926)

Obviously, there's more ways to win 2 games off the KD-less warriors than lebron holding the ball 30% longer than 2019 Harden...

Anyone would've won 2 games off the warriors by moving the ball better.. the warriors are only 8-10 in the Finals without KD (0-3 series record if not for 15' injuries to Cavs)

I think we should talk more about a stat which is unique to the King amongst modern-day superstars with a lot of playoff experience: the man has never lost a series in which he's held a 2-game lead, either 2-0 or 3-1. I thought this was supposed to be a card-carrying choker?
jfc, talk about lowering the bar.. you're giving him props for not losing a 2 game lead? Wtf are you talking about - who doesn't do that?

The obvious chokes are 10' and 11'.. choke city for 2 straight years .. but he choked from 09-11 and 14' because he lost as the favorite or even money (14')... He lost to better teamwork those years, not talent..

Also, horrific performances are also chokes - so 07' Finals, 08' ECSF, 11' Finals, 15' Finals, and more

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2019, 11:47 PM
No, I'm triggered because people think Lebron is great by needing twice the hold time (an extra 7 minutes) to get 35 ppg compared to Kawhi or MJ (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469926)

Obviously, there's more ways to win 2 games off the KD-less warriors than lebron holding the ball 30% longer than 2019 Harden...

Anyone would've won 2 games off the warriors by moving the ball better.. the warriors are only 8-10 in the Finals without KD (0-3 series record if not for 15' injuries to Cavs)

jfc, talk about lowering the bar.. you're giving him props for not losing a 2 game lead? Wtf are you talking about - who doesn't do that?

The obvious chokes are 10' and 11'.. choke city for 2 straight years .. but he choked from 09-11 and 14' because he lost as the favorite or even money (14')... He lost to better teamwork those years, not talent..

Also, horrific performances are also chokes - so 07' Finals, 08' ECSF, 11' Finals, 15' Finals, and more
2015 is a "horrific" performance now, what a fcking clown :lol

3ball
07-04-2019, 11:56 PM
2015 is a "horrific" performance now, what a fcking clown :lol
12 minutes of hold time to get 35 points is horrific.. beyond horrific actually

Kawhi only needed 5 minutes to get 35, so teammates had more time to produce and the team was better.. it isn't rocket science

But carry on bro - you've been making excuses for his repeated failures his whole career.. why stop now.. and since you ignore the facts, his failures surprise you.. it's pretty amusing

GimmeThat
07-05-2019, 12:02 AM
guy says he's figured out and volunteers for certain occupation, guy then dies, family blames the person writing the check

when suicides becomes an occupation for the name of evolution as the showcase for my body governs my mind, and my mind governs the universe

SouBeachTalents
07-05-2019, 12:08 AM
guy says he's figured out and volunteers for certain occupation, guy then dies, family blames the person writing the check

when suicides becomes an occupation for the name of evolution as the showcase for my body governs my mind, and my mind governs the universe
:biggums: The FCK are you talking about :oldlol:

3ball
07-05-2019, 12:14 AM
GimmeThat always writes some jibberish right after 3ball catches a body itt, in the hopes that people won't see it

I consider it a badge of honor when he posts in my threads

ScalsFan21
07-05-2019, 01:04 AM

Funny you ask. Actually, reason I bring it up is that almost EVERYONE ELSE has choked away a 2-game lead. No, not Jordan, but look at every superstar (and perceived superstar) LeBron has played against or with: all of them have appeared in far less playoff rounds and games, while blowing MORE 2-game leads.

Curry, Durant, Russ, Wade, Dirk, Kobe, Giannis, I'm sure plenty of others. There's a few exceptions like Shaq and Nash, but the fact that it's easier to find stars who HAVE blown 2-game leads than the reverse clearly shows that Bron has only lost ONCE to a team he should've pummeled, coincidentally it happened when it was still "Wade's team".

3ball
07-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Funny you ask. Actually, reason I bring it up is that almost EVERYONE ELSE has choked away a 2-game lead. No, not Jordan, but look at every superstar (and perceived superstar) LeBron has played against or with: all of them have appeared in far less playoff rounds and games, while blowing MORE 2-game leads.

Curry, Durant, Russ, Wade, Dirk, Kobe, Giannis, I'm sure plenty of others. There's a few exceptions like Shaq and Nash, but the fact that it's easier to find stars who HAVE blown 2-game leads than the reverse clearly shows that Bron has only lost ONCE to a team he should've pummeled, coincidentally it happened when it was still "Wade's team".
Still a low bar

Lebron lost at least three 2-1 leads, three times as the favorite, one more at even odds, two record blowout losses, 3 sweeps, 6 losses as a 1 or 2 seed, 1 goat choke, 1 quit job

Again, a low bar you made for your boy lebron... :applause: :oldlol:

GimmeThat
07-05-2019, 01:32 AM

in what world does any player elevates an opposing player?

SouBeachTalents
07-05-2019, 01:32 AM

Wade never lost a 2 game lead bruh. but you're right, it's crazy how many times it's happened to legitimate ATG's

Wilt 2x
Dr. J 2x
Barkley 2x
Ewing 2x
McGrady 3x
Duncan 2x
CP3 4x

ScalsFan21
07-05-2019, 01:36 AM
Wade never lost a 2 game lead bruh. but you're right, it's crazy how many times it's happened to legitimate ATG's

Wilt 2x
Dr. J 2x
Barkley 2x
Ewing 2x
McGrady 3x
Duncan 2x
CP3 4x

He lost one a year or two ago, no? I could've sworn he did, but it's probably still a cheap shot to hit him for that when he was so far removed from his prime. :lol

3ball
07-05-2019, 01:47 AM
He lost one a year or two ago, no? I could've sworn he did, but it's probably still a cheap shot to hit him for that when he was so far removed from his prime. :lol
Lebron lost three 2-1 leads, three times as the favorite, one more at even odds, two record blowout losses, 3 sweeps as a high seed, 6 losses as a 1 or 2 seed, 1 goat choke, 1 quit job

How does that compare to MJ.... :biggums: ... :coleman:

SouBeachTalents
07-05-2019, 01:52 AM
Lmao, I kept going through all the Miami series and knew he never did it there. I literally completely forgot about that one series he played for the Bulls :lol Turns out you were right after all