PDA

View Full Version : What are the Sixers thinking?

dirkdiggler41
07-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Embiid
Horford
Harris
Richardson
Simmons

It seems for me like they could really take advantage of Simmons and Harris size by getting two guards. Now they are just big and slow. You can't take advantage of Horford because Embiid is usually the better option anyway. You will also have Simmons in the lane, so if you go to Horford against the smaller power forward, Embiid will just stand and watch outside the 3 point line.

Patrick Chewing
07-02-2019, 05:27 PM
It's gonna be brick city with that team. No shooters.

Levity
07-02-2019, 05:29 PM
why the ?

josh richardson is their 2. this is going to be a great defensive team. and 4 out of 5 are serviceable shooters for a starting line up. me thinks theyll be fine

NBAGOAT
07-02-2019, 05:58 PM
they'll miss reddick but they dont need to be elite offensively to be a great team, just something like 10th. They'll be a top 5 defense easily, good candidate for best with utah focusing more on offense with their new lineup, boston losing horford, and mil losing brogdon.

Hopefully, embiid's post up play is effective vs stronger playoff defenses

bobopenguin
07-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Trust in embiid.
76ers will always be a contender cos of Embiid.

Meticode
07-02-2019, 07:23 PM
I firmly believe Embiid is a ticking time bomb. He barely could walk in the final playoff games.

Jasper
07-02-2019, 07:40 PM
teams like 6'ers prep for playoff;s in a half court game...

But they need to get there first :D

fourkicks44
07-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Why are big teams frowned upon these days. Why do people not recognize the importance of perimeter defense?

Think about a backcourt of Russel and Curry. They are going to get ABUSED.

I firmly believe Embiid is a ticking time bomb. He barely could walk in the final playoff games.

Got Horford now, son.

Embiid is gonna sit the whole regular season and only play come playoffs.

Meticode
07-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Got Horford now, son.

Embiid is gonna sit the whole regular season and only play come playoffs.
While you and I know that's not true, he should probably be sat a good portion like Leonard was. Horford makes that a lot easier now. Harris has to really step up this season and be a legit second option though and be a main focal point of the offense when Embiid is resting that game.

Manny98
07-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Philly lost their alpha dog in Butler

Ain't noone worried about the choke brothers Embiid & Simmons

Horford is old and washed up

Tobias is overrated af

No shooters

Sixers are garbage

Meticode
07-02-2019, 07:58 PM
While Philly doens't have pure shooters, it's not liek they don't have capable ones.

Horford shot 36% this past season from three. 43% the year before. A career 36% shooting from three. For a big-man that's great.

Harris is a career 36% shooter from three. Was about 40% this season and 40% the season before that.

Richardson was 36% this season, 37% the season before that.

It's far removed from J.J. Redick no doubt, but it's not like they don't have guys who can't knock down the three ball. If anything they'll miss Redick's movement off the ball for those threes.