PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Brooklyn - what team do they have?

Jasper
07-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Jordan is a concern , cause he can't run the floor like a 22 year old.
But he plays defense , and rebounds.

But what other players do they have to play defense :confusedshrug:

Irving is a ball hog , and Durant will be prying it out of his hands.

Can they do a pick and roll ??

---------
Durant is not that good of a defender.
I would take Giannis over Durant in that catagory, because of mobility.

I just see them scoring points , but they will need a boat load of role players to make that team goooo....

Thoughts -

Manny98
07-03-2019, 09:32 AM
We won 42 games last year with LeVert and Dinwiddie missing a chunk of games

Irving is a massive upgrade to D'lo and i believe he will absolutely flourish in Kenny Atkinsons system

Allen & LeVert will see a huge improvement next season

I don't see how we're not a 50-55 win team next season even without KD

Ghost1
07-03-2019, 09:38 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Jp3dnoPolrOIPwhFY9/giphy.gif

Jasper
07-03-2019, 09:41 AM
is Irving a First Team Defense ?

Bosnian Sajo
07-03-2019, 09:46 AM
The thing that a lot of people are forgetting is that this team still has Caris Levert, Joe Harris, Jarrett Allen, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kurucs, and also added Taureen Prince to the squad.

Plus the Bosnian beast who just turned 20 will hopefully come around and be ready for NBA action, this team is pretty deep.

It's funny how similar this team is to the Celtics 1st year with Kyrie. Kyrie surrounded with a bunch of solid young players and an all star SF that is out for the season. The depth for Brooklyn might arguably be better, unless they decide to put Allen at the 4, you've got a defensive beast of a center coming off the bench.

Bosnian Sajo
07-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Also, I don't see why DJ would be of any concern. He's still capable of throwing down lob passes, high FG%, and he can actually shoot free throws now. He's a 71% free throw shooter and shot 77% while a member of the Knicks.

When it comes to his defense, he's never averaged more blocks per game in his career than he did this season, 2.2 per game. If you look at advanced stats (not a fan), he's sitting at a cute 3.3 DBPM (13th in the NBA out of all players).

DJ was a fine pickup.

wang4three
07-03-2019, 11:38 AM
It really comes down to health. Our best guys are basically injury prone, KD, Kyrie, LeVert. Spencer is not an iron man either.

I'm guessing our lineup will be Kyrie, Harris, LeVert, Prince and a split of Jarrett Allen/DJ, depending on pace and need (e.g. rim protection or rebounds). Spencer will be off the bench for scoring and to keep the ball moving. I like Kurucs and Wilson Chandler as utility guys to make up that we lost Carroll and Dudley, though it'd be hard to replace their leadership. The spacing should be fine, but I think defensively, if we play it correctly where we close out well and force players to Jarrett or DeAndre to make up for our perimeter defensive problems, we may be able to be fine there.

Outside of injuries, my biggest concern is how Kenny does with high expectations. We've seen coaches be marvelous when the expectations are low, like Brad Stevens, but what happens when there's big egos and high expectations for wins? Kenny made a serious amount of bad play calling to end games last year that cost us games early in the season. I wonder if he's up to this challenge here with all eyes on him...

Vino24
07-03-2019, 11:41 AM
We won 42 games last year with LeVert and Dinwiddie missing a chunk of games

Irving is a massive upgrade to D'lo and i believe he will absolutely flourish in Kenny Atkinsons system

Allen & LeVert will see a huge improvement next season

I don't see how we're not a 50-55 win team next season even without KD
Irving doesn

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Is Allen gonna start next to DJ? Or come off the bench?

Either way, the Nets look good, except for Kyrie. I'd be surprised if they ever win a title w/ a 31+y/o KD and a ballhogging toxic Kyrie. But Allen, LeVert, Claxton, Kurucs, etc are all nice pieces to build around in the future when KD is a shell of himself and the Nets realize Kyrie needs to go.

Levity
07-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Either way, the Nets look good, except for Kyrie. I'd be surprised if they ever win a title w/ a 31+y/o KD and a ballhogging toxic Kyrie. But Allen, LeVert, Claxton, Kurucs, etc are all nice pieces to build around in the future when KD is a shell of himself and the Nets realize Kyrie needs to go.

id imagine DJ off the bench. allen is legit starting C. gonna see a huge improvement this season as well.

NBAGOAT
07-03-2019, 02:59 PM
kyrie, harris, levert, prince, allen as starters. dinwiddie, temple, chandler, kurucs, dj off the bench. seems pretty good and a threat for a top 4 seed even though bos and indiana look decent too

Wally450
07-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Kyrie is gonna drag that team through the mud. Without KD and without a legit system, the Nets are going no where.

qrich
07-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Going to ignore Durant for obvious reasons.

I don't like how much they paid DJ and not a fan of Kyrie, however, I do believe Atkinson is the most underrated coach in the league. Time for him to prove me right.

Manny98
07-03-2019, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Irving doesn

Manny98
07-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Damm what's with the Kyrie hate recently

He'll do fine in Brooklyn are culture will mold him into a great leader like with D'lo

Nets are winning at least 50 games next year

HylianNightmare
07-03-2019, 06:13 PM
They got a squad. Need to share the ball or move some of the guards though

AI09
07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Irving/Dinwiddie
Harris/Temple
Durant*/Levert/Musa
Prince/Kurucs/Chandler
Jordan/Allen

Im not sure but I might be missing someone.

Anyway next year they are looking at a starting 5 of Irving Harris Levert Prince and Jordan. Not bad probably a first round exit but best case scenario imo is 2nd round exit. Once Durant comes back though if he regains form this team could make it to the finals.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Damm what's with the Kyrie hate recently
Did you not pay attention to Boston this season? Dude is a locker room cancer. And I try not to use that word lightly. And it seeps onto the court when he feels he "needs" to shoot 30 times even tho he's playing terrible.

Vino24
07-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Well when Kyrie goes down with an injury (which he is due for) they will be a worse team than last year without dlo to shoulder the load

Manny98
07-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Well when Kyrie goes down with an injury (which he is due for) they will be a worse team than last year without dlo to shoulder the load
He played 76 games last season

Vino24
07-03-2019, 06:30 PM
He played 76 games last season
67 games :no:

smoovegittar
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Did you not pay attention to Boston this season? Dude is a locker room cancer. And I try not to use that word lightly. And it seeps onto the court when he feels he "needs" to shoot 30 times even tho he's playing terrible.

This dumbshit actually posted a few weeks ago he didn't want Irving on his team. He'll be blaming refs if they stumble out of the gate - book it. :oldlol:

Manny98
07-04-2019, 06:12 AM
Irving/Dinwiddie
Harris/Temple
Durant*/Levert/Musa
Prince/Kurucs/Chandler
Jordan/Allen

Im not sure but I might be missing someone.

Anyway next year they are looking at a starting 5 of Irving Harris Levert Prince and Jordan. Not bad probably a first round exit but best case scenario imo is 2nd round exit. Once Durant comes back though if he regains form this team could make it to the finals.
Who in the East is beating that team

Second round exit my ass :oldlol:

Manny98
07-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Who could blame him?

His team was sorry af and Stevens wouldn't let Kyrie play his game

smoovegittar
07-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Manny on ignore. :roll:

bluechox2
07-04-2019, 10:14 AM
https://i.ibb.co/L8YMvQj/thumbnail-IMG-3465.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/RbZBcYS/66115205-2560773067289854-318008552645984256-n.jpg

Manny98
07-04-2019, 10:25 AM
My god are Knicks/Celtics fans salty right now :oldlol:

Nets fan 93
07-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Kyrie is gonna drag that team through the mud. Without KD and without a legit system, the Nets are going no where.
Don

bluechox2
07-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Get ready for the kyrie system, illiterates