PDA

View Full Version : Could Iggy still start for Dallas?

90sgoat
07-04-2019, 04:34 PM
I see Dallas is intersted in Iggy. I'm good with that, he is exactly what the young Mavs need with defense, athleticism and experience.

He started some games last season for Warriors, could he still be starting and playing maybe 25 minutes a game?

DMAVS41
07-04-2019, 04:45 PM
I see Dallas is intersted in Iggy. I'm good with that, he is exactly what the young Mavs need with defense, athleticism and experience.

He started some games last season for Warriors, could he still be starting and playing maybe 25 minutes a game?

If we trade for Iggy and actually give something up...when we could have just taken him and gotten a first round pick when the Warriors were dumping him...

I think I'll probably never go to another game again and probably won't watch the regular season.

Would be too much to take.

Now, if we get rid of Hardaway or something for him...great.

90sgoat
07-04-2019, 04:51 PM
If we trade for Iggy and actually give something up...when we could have just taken him and gotten a first round pick when the Warriors were dumping him...

I think I'll probably never go to another game again and probably won't watch the regular season.

Would be too much to take.

Now, if we get rid of Hardaway or something for him...great.

I think it's obvious that Hardaway and/or Lee could be involved.

You didn't answer my question tho.

DMAVS41
07-04-2019, 04:52 PM
I think it's obvious that Hardaway and/or Lee could be involved.

You didn't answer my question tho.

I know, I honestly don't care about what he would look like for us.

He'd help, that is for sure...

90sgoat
07-04-2019, 05:07 PM
[/B]

Why don't you like Iggy?

Great role player and multiple champion. I'd like that signing a lot. Spurs like thinking. Could be a mentor to DFS as well.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-04-2019, 07:54 PM
[/B]

So, even tho he'd help your team, you'd alienate yourself from the Mavs out of spite b/c they didn't trade for him first? :wtf:

You realize, like...things change...and GM's aren't always aware of who's available or who's contacting who, etc, right? Maybe Mavs didn't think they needed him last week, but now do due to other deals falling through. Or maybe GSW just never contacted Mavs to offer Iggy? Or maybe Iggy already told Mavs he won't play for them. Or...

edit:
but to answer OP, does it matter if he starts or not if you already project him playing just 25 mins? He'll finish games, that's what matters.

DMAVS41
07-04-2019, 08:13 PM
So, even tho he'd help your team, you'd alienate yourself from the Mavs out of spite b/c they didn't trade for him first? :wtf:

You realize, like...things change...and GM's aren't always aware of who's available or who's contacting who, etc, right? Maybe Mavs didn't think they needed him last week, but now do due to other deals falling through. Or maybe GSW just never contacted Mavs to offer Iggy? Or maybe Iggy already told Mavs he won't play for them. Or...

edit:
but to answer OP, does it matter if he starts or not if you already project him playing just 25 mins? He'll finish games, that's what matters.

I'm getting more and more bored of the regular season anyway. Unless the NBA shortens the season, I imagine I'll watch less and less.

And,yes, trading for Iggy days after we could have gotten him plus a first round pick would be one of the most absurd things, even for the Mavs, to do.

Now, if we dump Hardway in the process or something...great, but giving up something to get him would be so bad its laughable.

Luckily, I don't believe any of this to be true.

brooks_thompson
07-04-2019, 08:26 PM
At best the Grizzlies will get a second round pick for him. It would probably be a swap for Courtney Lee just to save Memphis a few million bucks. Either way, I ****in love with this hotshot 30-year old is doing for the Grizzlies since Wallace got demoted. **** buying these old-ass ungrateful players out for absolutely nothing, especially when they won't take a cent less than they're making.

warriorfan
07-04-2019, 08:29 PM

edit:

More like 15 to 20 minutes per game, if you are lucky.

brooks_thompson
07-04-2019, 08:31 PM
More like 15 to 20 minutes per game, if you are lucky.

With dogshit effort unless they are winning.

kentatm
07-05-2019, 11:14 AM
There is no way in hell he can hold up as a season long starter at this point. Dude fell off a cliff after he had to play heavy minutes vs Houston in the playoffs. He’d probably only be able to play around 60 games even on a heavy minute restriction.