PDA

View Full Version : Durant left Warriors because of Draymond and Curry

LukeWalton
07-05-2019, 08:29 PM
I knew it but now it's official..

the Draymond incident pushed KD out the door
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147270616837496833

but it was already underlying because KD was already sensitive that people viewed Curry like Derek Jeter, and KD was the A-rod of the team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHxgzotMms

ScalsFan21
07-05-2019, 09:00 PM
I mean, that was bound to be the case. At least A-Rod was legitimately head and shoulders better than Jeter. Durant is a worse teammate AND a worse basketball player than Steph.

Still, I'll take it if it sent him our way. :roll:

Marchesk
07-05-2019, 09:58 PM
I mean, that was bound to be the case. At least A-Rod was legitimately head and shoulders better than Jeter. Durant is a worse teammate AND a worse basketball player than Steph.

Still, I'll take it if it sent him our way. :roll:

But KD is a better finals performer.

ScalsFan21
07-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Fair. I can only hope he can keep it going now that he's not on a team that is guaranteed to win it all when healthy, though. IMO, he really was not a guy who rose to the occasion in big spots, until that was the case. :confusedshrug:

Gunslinger
07-05-2019, 10:30 PM

He's just a better iso scorer, but let's be honest here, he didn't really see the defensive attention that Curry saw, and quite frankly, never has. Back in OKC, he had Westbrook to take the defensive attention off of him and prevent doubles. There's a lot of revisionist history on this forum, but as a Spurs fan I remember crystal clear putting Kawhi on Durant and Green on Westbrook and Westbrook carving us up and then having to switch Kawhi on him. In actuality, Durant's never received the primary defensive attention. To be fair, however, some of this is part of just how unstoppable his shot is with regard to his height/length and ability to shoot over anyone.

Marchesk
07-06-2019, 12:04 AM
He's just a better iso scorer, but let's be honest here, he didn't really see the defensive attention that Curry saw, and quite frankly, never has.

This is true. There is a YT video breaking down how the Cavs continued to focus their defensive attention on Curry even after the Warriors got Durant. Curry's "gravitational" pull is incredible, which provided Durant a lot of open looks and clear paths to the rim. He's just too good of a scorer in that situation, but you have to pick your poison, and the Cavs thought for two finals that Curry was the one to spend more defensive effort on.