PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard to Clippers is happening

Keno
07-06-2019, 01:55 AM
Read http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

------------------

wojespn
30s30 seconds ago

Free agent forward Kawhi Leonard has informed runners-up teams of his plans: He's signing with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

:wtf:

GreatHILL
07-06-2019, 01:55 AM
lmao

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 01:57 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/J19eV150i2BYRbS1y6/giphy.gif

highwhey
07-06-2019, 02:00 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/gjMf4scq/mjtf.png

red1
Congrats clippers fans

Smook A.
Holy shit! PG too!

red1
07-06-2019, 02:01 AM
Thought we had this not gonna lie still glad it's not the lakers

Ass Dan
07-06-2019, 02:01 AM
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

oh the horror
07-06-2019, 02:02 AM
Kawhi doing Kawhi things. You knew this dude was going to do some shit like this.

Laker fans, you know why this is right? That ordeal with Magic hurt them moving forward. I guarantee he didn

Real14
07-06-2019, 02:05 AM
:lol :roll:

Boki4MVP
07-06-2019, 02:05 AM
Hahaha sorry laker fans.

bison
07-06-2019, 02:06 AM
Man wtf

bullettooth
:lol :lol :lol

BRONSEXUALS!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lbm39g.jpg

dazzer87
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3rgXBOmTlzyFCURutG/giphy.gif

305Baller
07-06-2019, 02:07 AM
Two good LA teams, competing against each other? James vs Kawhi? Excellent.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

BRAN BOOZLED!!!

Hey Yo
07-06-2019, 02:11 AM
LeBron haters furious that they can't cry "SUPERTEAM" all season.

bullettooth
07-06-2019, 02:12 AM

SaltyMeatballs
07-06-2019, 02:14 AM
Suck a dick Lakers fans :roll:

bobopenguin
07-06-2019, 02:15 AM
u guys are funny. Lakers are already a super team..
Lebron + anthony Davis.

now we just need to add in Demarcus Cousins. :pimp:
I am fking pumped to see how the match up between Kawhi + PG + Beverley vs Leborn + AD + Kuz

Real14
07-06-2019, 02:16 AM
:roll:

Real14
:applause: :cheers:

Callystarr
I wouldn't be so fast on the Clippers train.

They gave up Gallinari, 2 other players, and 5 first rounders. Unless they get lucky with some vet minimums they have 0 bench.

dazzer87
07-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Lakers time to max up Cousins......... :roll:

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Suck a dick Lakers fans :roll:

/thread

SaltyMeatballs
07-06-2019, 02:18 AM
u guys are funny. Lakers are already a super team..
Lebron + anthony Davis.

now we just need to add in Demarcus Cousins. :pimp:
I am fking pumped to see how the match up between Kawhi + PG + Beverley vs Leborn + AD + Kuz
Going from "We're getting Kawhi" to "Let's get DeMarcus Cousins" bahahahah :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJammeR
07-06-2019, 02:18 AM
Glad kawhi didn

oh the horror
07-06-2019, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't be so fast on the Clippers train.

They gave up Gallinari, 2 other players, and 5 first rounders. Unless they get lucky with some vet minimums they have 0 bench.

Who are the

oh the horror
07-06-2019, 02:20 AM
Going from "We're getting Kawhi" to "Let's get DeMarcus Cousins" bahahahah :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They still have Lebron, AD and Kuzma. What a nightmare. :rolleyes:

brownmamba00
07-06-2019, 02:24 AM
Jerry West GOAT just got Paul George too

Naero
07-06-2019, 02:26 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/4PT6v3PQKG6Yg/giphy.gif

Thank you, Kawhi, for tipping the scales in favor of parity. :bowdown: You quashed the previous-two dynasties in the Finals, and you forestalled another one this off-season.

Never thought I'd exult over the Clippers' fortunes, but I can't help but do so when looking at the grander picture of the league. I've had a snootful rooting against the Miami Heatles and Golden Medal Warriors, and I wasn't any more inclined towards reliving it with another superteam after last year's incredible playoffs.

This is the Bucks' biggest off-season win: not re-signing their core, but Kawhi's decision. He not only kept our title-contention chances afloat by refusing to forge the best Big Three in NBA history; he improved them by paving an easier path to the Finals for us (granted, the 76ers will still roughen that road).

What a ****ing time to be an NBA Fan. :rockon:

Callystarr
07-06-2019, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=oh the horror]Who are the

1987_Lakers
07-06-2019, 02:41 AM
I guess the 2017 Warriors will officially go down as the GOAT team now that Kawhi didn't choose the Lakers.

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 03:03 AM
I guess the 2017 Warriors will officially go down as the GOAT team now that Kawhi didn't choose the Lakers.

The Warriors would still have been better than the Lakers regardless if Kawhi joined them. Outside of LeBron, Kawhi, and Davis the Lakers were going to be complete garbage.

bullettooth
07-06-2019, 03:07 AM
How shit does the city of Toronto have to be if you still bounce from it even after winning a championship in your first year there?

E_Stamkos
07-06-2019, 03:08 AM

What a dumb c*unt you are

And1AllDay
07-06-2019, 03:11 AM

+1

fuming

bullettooth
07-06-2019, 03:14 AM
+1

fuming

The whole forum is laughing at you and the Lakers and you think they're fuming?

:lol

brutalBBQ
07-06-2019, 03:16 AM
+1

fuming

The whole forum is laughing at you and the Lakers and you think they're fuming?

haha fkn own'd And1mGayAllDay

L8krH8tr
07-06-2019, 03:53 AM
funny how the PG13 move is more shocking to people. It's huge but Klaw just signed with the Clippers!

Darius
07-06-2019, 03:58 AM
Holy Sh:t.

Unreal as a clipper fan.

Two top 10 players. Both some of the best wing defenders in the league. With pat bev running point. Damn.

I need some time to process this.

Foster5k
07-06-2019, 04:03 AM
Kawhi is an idiot. He quit on the Spurs. He left a championship team to move to L.A. He talks about wanting load management, but he joins a team where he will be forced to carry most of the load.

The Clippers will still be the Clippers. Magic Johnson's plan was always to get two stars in L.A. Well, he got Lebron and AD. That's enough to win the West imo. Sure, adding Kawhi would have made the Lakers into Warriors with KD 2.0; but with Lebron + AD, the Lakers still are an incredible threat to win the championship vs anyone.

I don't see the Clippers winning anything next season. Clippers better worry about Kawhi's health and his load management before even thinking about the Lakers. Paul George is a streaky shooter at best and couldn't win shit with Westbrook and then all of a sudden demanded a trade to the Clippers. Talk about weak moves. Paul George's legacy too another hit with this move.

All in all, Lakers still favorites to win and the Clippers will still be the Clippers. Just like Paul George second fiddle to the Lakers. :oldlol:

sbw19
07-06-2019, 04:06 AM
The only move that makes sense. He wants LA, he wants competition. This is good for the NBA, and as a basketball fan I like this move. As a Laker fan, superstacking a team really cheapens whatever accomplishments the team is capable of achieving. Time to fill out the rest of our roster.

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Kawhi is an idiot. He quit on the Spurs. He left a championship team to move to L.A. He talks about wanting load management, but he joins a team where he will be forced to carry most of the load.

The Clippers will still be the Clippers. Magic Johnson's plan was always to get two stars in L.A. Well, he got Lebron and AD. That's enough to win the West imo. Sure, adding Kawhi would have made the Lakers into Warriors with KD 2.0; but with Lebron + AD, the Lakers still are an incredible threat to win the championship vs anyone.

I don't see the Clippers winning anything next season. Clippers better worry about Kawhi's health and his load management before even thinking about the Lakers. Paul George is a streaky shooter at best and couldn't win shit with Westbrook and then all of a sudden demanded a trade to the Clippers. Talk about weak moves. Paul George's legacy too another hit with this move.

All in all, Lakers still favorites to win and the Clippers will still be the Clippers. Just like Paul George second fiddle to the Lakers. :oldlol:

Yes, because Anthony Davis and an aging LeBron are the defintion of health. Bran wil be on load management himself. The Clippers also have a much better team outside their big two. "Clippers will still be the Clippers". Idiot.

E_Stamkos
07-06-2019, 04:20 AM

Sour grapes drizzling down the crack of your butt cheeks.

You'd be singing his praises and begging for a taste of his ball sweat had he signed with the Lakers.... It's only a sport bro. Calm down.

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2019, 04:26 AM
The Warriors would still have been better than the Lakers regardless if Kawhi joined them. Outside of LeBron, Kawhi, and Davis the Lakers were going to be complete garbage.

oh no, outside of LeBron, Kawhi, Davis, AND Kuzma, they would be complete garbage! Its not like, there's only 1 player left...

dumbass lmao

34-24 Footwork
07-06-2019, 05:01 AM
Lebron James:

"I'll cater to your needs, Kawhi. Please come."

Kawhi:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cQtlhD48EG0SY/giphy.gif

LoneyROY7
07-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Kawhi is a f*cking G.

No CAP.

STRAIGHT punking dudes.

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 05:05 AM
Lebron James:

Kawhi:

I think the whole line about "this will be your team in 2 years" was even worse. Can you imagine Kawhi's thoughts when a player that he is better than tells him he needs to wait 2 years to take the reigns?

90sgoat
07-06-2019, 05:07 AM

PG is a much better running mate than Lebron. He has already shown he can be a high performer, but not be the alpha. Perfect Pippen sidekick to Kawhi's MJ.

So Westbrook now gets to play with Gallo, that's interesting.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 05:12 AM

PG is a much better running mate than Lebron. He has already shown he can be a high performer, but not be the alpha. Perfect Pippen sidekick to Kawhi's MJ.

A hot take I have is neither will be on okc by the start of the season. Dallas will trade like hardaway and couple picks for gallo

90sgoat
07-06-2019, 05:21 AM
A hot take I have is neither will be on okc by the start of the season. Dallas will trade like hardaway and couple picks for gallo

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/023/007/f29.png

I just realized you might be right.

This could very well be OKC rebuilding and moving on from the Westbrook era.

Which means they want to be bad for a couple of seasons to grab a high lottery pick..

Which means they need a tank commander...

Which means they need THJ ! ! !

:applause: :applause:

Sweet damn, if that's true. Just need to figure out something for that Dragic trade and we can do:

Dragic / Brunson
Luka /
Gallo / DFS
KP / Kleber
Boban / ?

and when the other teams go small (most of the time):

Dragic
Luka
DFS
Gallo
KP

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiit bruh

And if we want to go DEFENSE:

Brunson
Luka
DFS
Kleber
KP

We good now bruh

coin24
07-06-2019, 05:23 AM
Lebron James:

Kawhi:

Can't blame him.

I made the same face when the lakers signed LeBaldo.

Proctor
07-06-2019, 05:26 AM
Eat shit, Lebron nutriding losers. :oldlol:

Constantly making threads for the last two weeks about who Lebron can fetch. Enjoy not being a contender :roll: :roll:

Time to go back into hiding. See you on Lebald's next team bounce when he's 40.

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 05:27 AM
Eat shit, Lebron nutriding losers. :oldlol:

Constantly making threads for the last two weeks about who Lebron can fetch. Enjoy not being a contender :roll: :roll:

Time to go back into hiding. See you on Lebald's next team bounce when he's 40.

We bout to beat your ass in the first round boy :lol

brandonislegend
07-06-2019, 05:32 AM

PG got punked by ****ing Ingles in the playoffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

90sgoat
07-06-2019, 05:37 AM
PG got punked by ****ing Ingles in the playoffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ingles is a beast so its excused.

Lakers Fan
07-06-2019, 05:39 AM
Broussard can shove that 6pm deadline up his ginger assh0le

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 05:44 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/023/007/f29.png

I just realized you might be right.

This could very well be OKC rebuilding and moving on from the Westbrook era.

Which means they want to be bad for a couple of seasons to grab a high lottery pick..

Which means they need a tank commander...

Which means they need THJ ! ! !

:applause: :applause:

Sweet damn, if that's true. Just need to figure out something for that Dragic trade and we can do:

Dragic / Brunson
Luka /
Gallo / DFS
KP / Kleber
Boban / ?

and when the other teams go small (most of the time):

Dragic
Luka
DFS
Gallo
KP

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiit bruh

And if we want to go DEFENSE:

Brunson
Luka
DFS
Kleber
KP

We good now bruh

Your dream of an eu super team always gives me a chuckle :lol. Dragic is possible since mavs didn

D-Wait
07-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Lebron James:

Kawhi:

90sgoat
07-06-2019, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Your dream of an eu super team always gives me a chuckle :lol. Dragic is possible since mavs didn

smoovegittar
07-06-2019, 05:57 AM
Congrats Clip fans for netting the real big fish. Lakers fans holding a big "L" today. All Clips need to do now is solidify the bench and get their own crib.

Witness the end of the LeBron era. Can't happen soon enough. Back to the video games, kiddies. :D

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Love it.

Perimeter defense is going to be absurd.

They’ve got some tough dudes, great defenders and length. And three guys that can create their own shot in Klaw, PG13 and Sweet Lou. Happy for Clipp fans. They’re loyalty and deserves something like this

Funny every player wants to go home and stay there to play for their hometown except LeBron :oldlol:

You’re legit sad and angry right now :oldlol: tears probably all over your key board.

This move Leonard made is responsible, respectable and intelligent.

The Clippers are the destination in LA right now. Great competent likable ownership. He wanted to live at home and not be second or third fiddle to LeBron / AD as well as be a scapegoat. He didn’t have a reliable long term sidekick in Toronto as all teams have gotten better.

And him, PG, Bev and Lou are quite the squad without being a full fledged super team. Also a really likable gritty defensive team to boot.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 06:14 AM
Forgot about Powell, but that just makes it better, he will have so much space to dunk the ball when teams are chasing Dragic, Luka, Gallo and KP around the perimeter. Gonna look like prime Dwight Howard out there.

The future is bright for the Mavs, people are going to see how you can rebuild with growth and team chemistry this season.

Your best bet is a Westbrook trade to Miami in a 3 team deal. Would admittedly be fun lol

plat1numX
07-06-2019, 06:43 AM
As a Raptor fan this sucks but hey atleast the Lakers got screwed along with us

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2019, 06:46 AM
Your best bet is a Westbrook trade to Miami in a 3 team deal. Would admittedly be fun lol
Trade Brick to NYC. I think he

talkingconch
07-06-2019, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Love it.

Perimeter defense is going to be absurd.

They

Real Men Wear Green
07-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Good to see a legit superstar that wants to take on challenges and not just find the easiest route possible to championships. Also good to see that superstar leave the Atlantic.

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2019, 06:53 AM
No, they're not. Have you been to LA? No one cares about the Clippers. No one. We'll see how good the team will be, look forward to playing them
From a basketball perspective they should be if you live in reality and not delusion. Or the past.

bullettooth
07-06-2019, 06:57 AM
No, they're not. Have you been to LA? No one cares about the Clippers. No one. We'll see how good the team will be, look forward to playing them

They are now lol.

You don't see players running to the Lakers... Perhaps Lebron's toxic presence has something to do with it.

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2019, 06:58 AM
They are now lol.

You don't see players running to the Lakers... Perhaps Lebron's toxic presence has something to do with it.
They weren

Spurs m8
07-06-2019, 07:07 AM
LA battle on xmas...

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Good to see a legit superstar that wants to take on challenges and not just find the easiest route possible to championships. Also good to see that superstar leave the Atlantic.
:applause:

Meticode
07-06-2019, 07:29 AM
How shit does the city of Toronto have to be if you still bounce from it even after winning a championship in your first year there?
Well, he never wanted to go there anyway originally. Just because they won a championship doesn't mean you're going to want to stay. Hell, if anything it promotes him to leave because it's like "I owe you nothing now."

Glide2keva
07-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Lebron fans can't be happy. They wanted to stack the deck like Lebron always does. Now they're going to have to compete, and we know he always loses when he has to compete.

This is awesome.

Meticode
07-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Lebron fans can't be happy. They wanted to stack the deck like Lebron always does. Now they're going to have to compete, and we know he always loses when he has to compete.

This is awesome.
Except for that one year in 2016.

tpols
07-06-2019, 07:57 AM
with PG13 this is a boss team...

probably better than what he had in toronto, but its still the wild west mate

**** i wish chef had klay still.. they couldve made it interesting

TheMan
07-06-2019, 08:05 AM

BRONSEXUALS!

TheMan
07-06-2019, 08:12 AM
No

You don't get to "officially declare" anything...that's your opinion, and I along with many others disagree.

tontoz
07-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Great move by Kawhi. Congrats to the Clippers.

Kawhi gets to play on a title contender at home without having to deal with the Lebron/Lakers drama.

Wally450
07-06-2019, 09:09 AM
So Kawhi recruits Paul George to the Clippers and not a peep is made. :lol

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 09:46 AM

It's because people just didn't want Lebron to win.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 09:52 AM

Different standards, but...who cares?

Leonard after this last year is a made man. He led a team to a title without an all-nba teammate and had already proved a lot during his time on the Spurs.

Called being smart. Dude hurt his direct competition now in the Lakers while getting probably the perfect player next to him.

Good luck scoring on those two guys next year in the playoffs.

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 09:56 AM
Different standards, but...who cares?

Leonard after this last year is a made man. He led a team to a title without an all-nba teammate and had already proved a lot during his time on the Spurs.

Called being smart. Dude hurt his direct competition now in the Lakers while getting probably the perfect player next to him.

Good luck scoring on those two guys next year in the playoffs.

It was an asterisk title, and having no "all-nba" teammates is nice...but it's not like his teammates played like crap. The ENTIRE Raptors team went off in the playoffs. So it doesn't matter what awards they have if the whole teams plays amazing at the most important time.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:01 AM
It was an asterisk title, and having no "all-nba" teammates is nice...but it's not like his teammates played like crap. The ENTIRE Raptors team went off in the playoffs. So it doesn't matter what awards they have if the whole teams plays amazing at the most important time.

There is no such thing as an asterisk title unless half of all NBA titles or more are considered to be just that.

Leonard beat better competition start to finish than many NBA title teams did in history that you aren't going to label that way.

He's a proven championship first option and very few players in NBA history can claim that.

He's not only a first ballot HOF player, but now has a chance to climb that all time rankings.

He was smart, set himself up...now comes playing the games.

He's done just about everything right in his career so far...including standing up for himself with the Spurs

GimmeThat
07-06-2019, 10:10 AM
from Clippers point, I wonder if it's a I should have just paid that guy, from Kawhi's point, it'll be interesting to see how he plays with younger players.

in short, it's an I was injured with the Spurs move

qrich
07-06-2019, 10:27 AM
:rockon:

Where's AirTupac

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 10:31 AM
There is no such thing as an asterisk title unless half of all NBA titles or more are considered to be just that.

Leonard beat better competition start to finish than many NBA title teams did in history that you aren't going to label that way.

He's a proven championship first option and very few players in NBA history can claim that.

He's not only a first ballot HOF player, but now has a chance to climb that all time rankings.

He was smart, set himself up...now comes playing the games.

He's done just about everything right in his career so far...including standing up for himself with the Spurs

All that matters is that Kawhi would not have a 2019 championship ring if the Warriors (KD/Klay) were healthy.

What happened in any other season is irrelevant in regards to Kawhi having 1 ring vs 2 rings.

I'm sure Barkley/Stockton/Malone would have a ring if MJ or Pippen missed an entire finals series...but they don't.

You don't have to call it asterisk if you dont want to...but Kawhi would be at 1 ring with Durant healthy, let alone Klay.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
All that matters is that Kawhi would not have a 2019 championship ring if the Warriors (KD/Klay) were healthy.

What happened in any other season is irrelevant in regards to Kawhi having 1 ring vs 2 rings.

I'm sure Barkley/Stockton/Malone would have a ring if MJ or Pippen missed an entire finals series...but they don't.

You don't have to call it asterisk if you dont want to...but Kawhi would be at 1 ring with Durant healthy, let alone Klay.

And how many teams in NBA history wouldn't be champions if the team they played in the finals was as good as a healthy Warriors team?

Go ahead and think about that...and then realize how dumb what you are saying is.

Not to mention that Leonard led his team against two legit title caliber teams in the Sixers and Bucks just to get to the finals.

90sgoat
07-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Lebron got BRANBOOZLED by Kawhi!

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 10:48 AM
And how many teams in NBA history wouldn't be champions if the team they played in the finals was as good as a healthy Warriors team?

Go ahead and think about that...and then realize how dumb what you are saying is.

Not to mention that Leonard led his team against two legit title caliber teams in the Sixers and Bucks just to get to the finals.

You are making my point, Kawhi would still be at 1 ring if not for KD going down (and Klay to an extent as well).

KD was the best player in the league last year, the reigning 2 time FMVP, and a top 6 finals performer of all time...it cannot be understated.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:50 AM
You are making my point, Kawhi would still be at 1 ring if not for KD going down (and Klay to an extent as well).

First off, we don't actually know that.

But, no, I'm not making your point. You aren't applying that standard to other players/teams.

You think the 99 Spurs are beating a healthy Warriors team?

I could go on and on...very few teams in NBA history that won the title are likely beating a healthy 19 Warriors team.

So it is a non-point.

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 10:51 AM
First off, we don't actually know that.

But, no, I'm not making your point. You aren't applying that standard to other players/teams.

You think the 99 Spurs are beating a healthy Warriors team?

I could go on and on...very few teams in NBA history that won the title are likely beating a healthy 19 Warriors team.

So it is a non-point.

You are making my point. The 17-19 Warriors are stacked on top of stacked. Kawhi and the Raptors played well...but they got extremely lucky.

If not for injuries, Warriors would have 3 peated.

bison
07-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Ralph lawler picked the wrong year to retire

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:52 AM
You are making my point. The 17-19 Warriors are stacked on top of stacked. Kawhi and the Raptors played well...but they got extremely lucky.

And other teams in NBA history that played weak ass teams in the finals got very lucky to not have to play an all time great team.

Right?

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 10:57 AM
And other teams in NBA history that played weak ass teams in the finals got very lucky to not have to play an all time great team.

Right?

You are conflating weaker rings (healthy, but weak competition) with asterisk rings (injuries to stars). Weak rings are like 99 Spurs...asterisk rings are like 2015 Warriors or 2019 Raps.

I get what you are saying, I just see things differently.

Regardless, Kawhi has always played on stacked teams and is continuing the trend on the Clips by also recruiting PG (tried to get KD). He will have his chance for more rings. Granted I'm not a "rangz" guy, but Kawhi is in a unique spot where he is underrated currently, but his career "resume" is also overrated.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 11:01 AM
You are conflating weaker rings (weak competition) with asterisk rings (injuries to stars). Weak rings are like 99 Spurs...asterisk rings are like 2015 Warriors or 2019 Raps.

I get what you are saying, I just see things differently.

Regardless, Kawhi has always played on stacked teams and is continuing the trend on the Clips by also recruiting PG (tried to get KD). He will have his chance for more rings. Granted I'm not a "rangz" guy, but Kawhi is in a unique spot where he is underrated currently, but his career "resume" is also overrated.

As I have said before, I don't make this distinction and reject such a narrow view of things that are outside the control of a player.

And, at the end of the day, we actually don't know what would have happened.

All I know for sure is that the Leonard led Raptors beat the best team all year in the Bucks and a very dangerous Sixers team...and then won a title.

Now, if someone is arguing that the ring is as impressive as it would have been if they beat a healthy Warriors team...then I'll say of course that isn't true.

But, given the historical levels of competition in getting rings...nothing of note here. Raptors won and nothing about it should be labeled as an asterisk unless you go back and apply the same standard to every team...which nobody will.

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 11:10 AM
As I have said before, I don't make this distinction and reject such a narrow view of things that are outside the control of a player.

And, at the end of the day, we actually don't know what would have happened.

All I know for sure is that the Leonard led Raptors beat the best team all year in the Bucks and a very dangerous Sixers team...and then won a title.

Now, if someone is arguing that the ring is as impressive as it would have been if they beat a healthy Warriors team...then I'll say of course that isn't true.

But, given the historical levels of competition in getting rings...nothing of note here. Raptors won and nothing about it should be labeled as an asterisk unless you go back and apply the same standard to every team...which nobody will.

Not true...in fact a ton of people thing every ring over the last couple of years have been meaningless...some even think that all the way back since 2011.

For me, I'll always consider certain rings asterisked or weaker than others. This is because I think the "rangz" argument is overrated so I'm very picky about how much weight certain rings deserve.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Not true...in fact a ton of people thing every ring over the last couple of years have been meaningless...some even think that all the way back since 2011.

For me, I'll always consider certain rings asterisked or weaker than others. This is because I think the "rangz" argument is overrated so I'm very picky about how much weight certain rings deserve.

Yes, rings are weaker or stronger than others. Adding in another term like asterisk is silly in my opinion.

But anyone is free to do what they want.

I don't hear anyone talking about the 99 Spurs ring or the 07 Spurs ring...

Just stupid when at the end of the day everyone is talking about competition level...and to label what the Raptors just did differently than the 09 Lakers, for example, just doesn't make sense...

The Raptors played harder competition. Why label one with an asterisk and not the other based on things outside the control of players/teams?

LAVAR BALL
07-06-2019, 11:23 AM
So Kawhi:

- Won the NBA Finals in his only season in Toronto
- Make the Lakers believe he want to play for them, allowing them to screw themselves waiting for him
- Persuaded PG13 to play with him after he had been paid by OKC (a friend of PG said something like "For a quiet guy, he's a hell of a recruiter.")
- Had Raptors and Clippers have a secret war about who could trade for PG13, while having Lakers firmly believing they were champion-bound
- Finally will go home with PG as his Sidekick, and no hard feeling from anyone except dumb Lakers fans

For the last 3 month, Kawhi Leonard has been Kaiser Soze

Another thing about one year Rental:

OKC traded Dipo (Was good young player, now All-star) and Sabonis (Now Proven NBA player) for PG13. Two years later the receive Ganilari, Shai, and about 50 draft picks, after revceiving 2 years of PG13 play (including an almost MVP Worthy season)

Tor Traded Derozan, Poetl and their soul for basically a Championship.

Interesting results on short term for one and long-term (if Presti doesn't screw up his assets, which he rarely does) for the other

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=oh the horror]Kawhi doing Kawhi things. You knew this dude was going to do some shit like this.

Laker fans, you know why this is right? That ordeal with Magic hurt them moving forward. I guarantee he didn

tontoz
07-06-2019, 11:53 AM
For the last 3 month, Kawhi Leonard has been Kaiser Soze

lakerstekkenn
07-06-2019, 11:54 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3rgXBOmTlzyFCURutG/giphy.gif

You can't use Jack he's a diehard Laker :coleman: :coleman:

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 11:55 AM

LeBron and his bitch stans thought he could just shame his way to another easy ring, but unlike LeBron, Leonard ain't a bitch. He actually values competition unlike LeBron. LeBron stans are so mad right now. I love it. Eat shit Bron stans.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lakerstekkenn
07-06-2019, 11:59 AM
We wouldn't of wanted it any other way now everyone is even and nobody has a super team, but we would've taken Kawhi in a heart beat, but going against Jerry West is tough.

Good for you Kawhi make your own legacy unlike Durant in Golden State and LebRon in Miami.

This is how it should be, BUT WE LAKERS WILL STILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
:cheers: :banana: :pimp:

lakerstekkenn
07-06-2019, 12:01 PM
The only problem i have is did Kawhi sabotage the Lakers secretly by stalling, so they couldn't sign the players they wanting to to be even better.:confusedshrug: :milton

Bosnian Sajo
07-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Best move for the NBA. Now you have 8 teams that no one knows who's going to win. Clippers, Lakers, Philly, Bucks, Brooklyn, Houston, Warriors, and Jazz.

Big **** you to Kawhi for sabatoging the Lakers, that's for a thread later on though.

Congrats Clipps fans, this is huge for you guys. You still got your core group plus these 2 now, unreal.

Bosnian Sajo
07-06-2019, 12:10 PM
The only problem i have is did Kawhi sabotage the Lakers secretly by stalling, so they couldn't sign the players they wanting to to be even better.:confusedshrug: :milton

100%. Ramona reported last night 2 hours before the Kawhi deal, that Kawhi asked the Lakers to put a hold on the AD trade.

We could have had Brogdon on the team, or Seth Curry and Dlo.

qrich
07-06-2019, 12:11 PM
100%. Ramona reported last night 2 hours before the Kawhi deal, that Kawhi asked the Lakers to put a hold on the AD trade.

We could have had Brogdon on the team, or Seth Curry and Dlo.

Kawhi could have been going to the Lakers, had the Clips not acquired George.

Bosnian Sajo
07-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Kawhi could have been going to the Lakers, had the Clips not acquired George.

You're correct. Who would have thought okc would be the reasons Lakers miss out on Kawhi? God damn it

TheMan
07-06-2019, 12:31 PM
That wasn't his intention, the delay was a result of KL asking the Clips to trade for Paul George, and when they finally got him, his decision was leaked to the press...side bonus was screwing the Lakers but that wasn't his main goal.

AD, Kuzma and LeBron is a contender but not the outright favorite had Kawhi joined them, tough shit LeStans, looks like your boy is gonna have to compete to win a title instead of cake walking to one :roll:

Jasper
07-06-2019, 12:45 PM
what makes Leonard so great ??

He just won a chip with a team and then flips them off.

WELL done.

ZERO loyalty.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 12:52 PM

WELL done.

ZERO loyalty.

He was the main reason they won...they have an aging core...not in the United States.

Joining a better team with a better future in LA is a no brainer for about 99% of players.

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 01:04 PM
He was the main reason they won...they have an aging core...not in the United States.

Joining a better team with a better future in LA is a no brainer for about 99% of players.
Main reason why they won was because GS was a depleted squad. Kawhi played like shit majority of the games down the stretch. :lol

Makes sense though. Gets to avoid playing with Queen James while being on a contender.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Main reason why they won was because GS was a depleted squad. Kawhi played like shit majority of the games down the stretch. :lol

Makes sense though. Gets to avoid playing with Queen James while being on a contender.

I'm so sick of this ****ing narrative.

The competition the Raptors faced was as good or better than most title winning teams.

Even a depleted Warriors team is better than so many shitty finals teams in NBA history.

Sixers/Bucks/Warriors...nothing easy about that at all.

The 09 Lakers had an easier path to the title...are you willing to say the same thing?

highwhey
07-06-2019, 01:09 PM
i hope LeBron and AD push Kawhi

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 01:19 PM
I'm so sick of this ****ing narrative.

The competition the Raptors faced was as good or better than most title winning teams.

Even a depleted Warriors team is better than so many shitty finals teams in NBA history.

Sixers/Bucks/Warriors...nothing easy about that at all.

The 09 Lakers had an easier path to the title...are you willing to say the same thing?
The Raptors beat who was in front of them and that's all good. It is true that everyone benefits from luck. But it was an injured Golden state team that was battered from top to bottom. It's just reality.

There is nothing wrong with telling it like it is. 2015 was a fraudulent title of Golden state going through injured opponent after another with the Cavs getting the worst of it. 02 was a rig job to the finals and a title. About 09'? Yeah sure.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 01:24 PM
The Raptors beat who was in front of them and that's all good. It is true that everyone benefits from luck. But it was an injured Golden state team that was battered from top to bottom. It's just reality.

There is nothing wrong with telling it like it is. 2015 was a fraudulent title of Golden state going through injured opponent after another with the Cavs getting the worst of it. 02 was a rig job to the finals and a title. About 09'? Yeah sure.

Yes, we should use the same standards for everyone...I totally agree.

However, that Warriors team they faced in the finals was still a better team than the 09 Magic...and many of the finals opponents in NBA history.

Going back to the 09 comparison...In addition, the Bucks and Sixers being a tougher combo to get through than the Rockets/Nuggets.

In fact, the Bucks were better than any team the 09 Lakers beat in their entire run.

I just think it gets old after a while...yes, certain rings are more impressive than others...no doubt the 11 Mavs ring was more impressive than this year and most others...but it takes too much accounting to start calling out some and not others.

Charlie Sheen
07-06-2019, 01:25 PM

Ry
‏Verified account @JustRyCole

Uncle Dennis birthday is Friday..
3:47 PM - 3 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/JustRyCole/status/1146550945184010241

Mr Feeny
07-06-2019, 02:01 PM

The reason they won is because the best player on the planet lead them to 4 wins against the defending champions.

Jasper
07-06-2019, 06:56 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27131967/how-kawhi-warped-league-nba-title-chase

I can guarantee you , I will not be cheering for the Clips , even though I like the owner---

I'd probably even cheer for the Warriors before clips.

:oldlol:

hold this L
07-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Best move for the NBA. Now you have 8 teams that no one knows who's going to win. Clippers, Lakers, Philly, Bucks, Brooklyn, Houston, Warriors, and Jazz.

Big **** you to Kawhi for sabatoging the Lakers, that's for a thread later on though.

Congrats Clipps fans, this is huge for you guys. You still got your core group plus these 2 now, unreal.
Jazz aren't winning, and Brooklyn is a year too early until KD gets comfortable. I'm not buying Philly either. Bucks essentially depends if
a. Giannis develops a semblance of a jumpshot outside 2 feet, or
b. The Western team making the finals is tactically capable of doing to them what the Raps did

red1
07-06-2019, 08:59 PM

WELL done.

ZERO loyalty.
we knew what we were getting into when we traded for a player who was already asking to be traded home to the lakers or clippers a year ago.

kawhi played every game of the playoffs this year and scored the third most points by any player during a playoff run ever and won us a chip. hard to be mad after that.

sportjames23
07-06-2019, 11:00 PM
I actually did want Kawhi to stay in Toronto, but if this is real, I

bluechox2
07-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Kawhi went from being coached by a Nurse to a Doc

dunksby
07-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Kawhi went from being coached by a Nurse to a Doc

insidehoops
07-07-2019, 12:08 PM
One more bump

Lebron23
11-04-2022, 10:27 PM
Read http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

------------------

wojespn
30s30 seconds ago

Free agent forward Kawhi Leonard has informed runners-up teams of his plans: He's signing with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

:wtf:

And he is injured again.

majari1234
11-06-2022, 03:31 PM
Pop: When’s Kawhi back?
Ty: Couple weeks, few weeks yeah.
Pop: Really?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1589097588720283648

majari1234
11-06-2022, 03:31 PM
POP What a troll lol

Spurs m8
11-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Pop: When’s Kawhi back?
Ty: Couple weeks, few weeks yeah.
Pop: Really?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1589097588720283648

:roll::roll::roll:

That nephew and his scumbag uncle are playing everyone

ArbitraryWater
11-06-2022, 04:13 PM
:roll::roll:

tontoz
11-06-2022, 04:36 PM
Haven't seen the kawhi troll here yet this season. I guess he finally gave up, or got banned.