PDA

View Full Version : Lakers still better than the Clippers

talkingconch
07-06-2019, 03:24 AM
lol

Dude did us dirty but oh well, playing on the second fiddle LA team...

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Not really, but okay.

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 03:26 AM
Nope. We can't match that.

Bev
Kawhi
George
Harrell
Shai
Zubac
Lou

talkingconch
07-06-2019, 03:29 AM

Bev
Kawhi
George
Harrell
Shai
Zubac
Lou

Except we can.

AD + Lebron will mayhem enough.

Rab
07-06-2019, 03:30 AM
lol

Dude did us dirty but oh well, playing on the second fiddle LA team...
Nope

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 03:32 AM
Lebron + AD >>> Kawhi + George

Paul George is a perennial choker and is coming off rotator cuff surgery. Lebron has beat his ass so many times in the Playoffs I've lost count and Davis was putting up 2000 Shaq numbers last season before he got shut down (29/13/4) and is only 26 years old.

Role players are nice and all but Clippers have no one to defend AD on the block.

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 03:33 AM
Except we can.

We would need Avery Bradley, Iggy, Morris, and a gamble on demarcus cousins to go right and maybe.

Shogon
07-06-2019, 03:34 AM
If both teams are 100% healthy, that Clippers perimeter defense will be absolutely suffocating. Probably the best I’ve seen and can think of since the 90s Bulls. Pistons arguably early 2000s I guess. Beverly Leonard George vs Billups Hamilton Prince? Probably the Clippers. Best perimeter defense since the Bulls. Has to be.

Lakers will be better if LeBron hasn’t fallen off a cliff but he’s rapidly trending that direction so I don’t know.

I think the Clippers will be better because i do think LeBron isn’t the same guy any longer.

Rab
07-06-2019, 03:34 AM

Paul George is a perennial choker and is coming off rotator cuff surgery. Lebron has beat his ass so many times in the Playoffs I've lost count and Davis was putting up 2000 Shaq numbers last season before he got shut down (29/13/4) and is only 26 years old.

Role players are nice and all but Clippers have no one to defend AD on the block.
AD is a great player but isn

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 03:35 AM

Paul George was having an MVP like season before he got hurt this past season. He was better than both LeBron and Davis. Even with his injury he still led the entire league in RPM this past season. This isn't a two on two game, though, and the Clippers supporting cast is far superior. That's what makes them a better team.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-06-2019, 03:35 AM

Even if that were true, you realize there's 5 players on the court at a time and 15 on the roster, right?

How about Zubac + Bev + Shamet + Harrell + Sweet Lou > Kuzma + Green + KCP + Daniels + THT. By a long shot.

dazzer87
07-06-2019, 03:36 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 03:37 AM
Even if that were true, you realize there's 5 players on the court at a time and 15 on the roster, right?

How about Zubac + Bev + Shamet + Harrell + Sweet Lou > Kuzma + Green + KCP + Daniels + THT. By a long shot.

Exactly.

PejaNowitzki
07-06-2019, 03:46 AM

Excuse me, where is the love for Jared Dudley? :wtf:

:coleman:

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-06-2019, 03:50 AM
Excuse me, where is the love for Jared Dudley? :wtf:

:coleman:
Oh yeah :lol

I swear I thought of him, too, but just forgot, like, right away lol.

Hotlantadude81
07-06-2019, 03:55 AM
So they got Pope, McGee and Danny Green. Now they just need Kover and Iggy.

Pretty damn good squad. Maybe they win 55.

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 03:57 AM

15? :oldlol: Playoffs are about 1-8 and Lakers still got some signings to make.

We'll likely add Rondo, Iggy and Korver to the roster. We got the younger superstar out of the 4 and Kuzma is arguably a better 3rd option than anyone on the Clippers. Lou's done his thing the past few years but that's on a team with Tobias Harris as the only other 20+ ppg scorer and he's going to decline soon enough while Kuzma's hitting his prime.

Clippers are looking at a George who probably won't be ready for training camp and a Kawhi who's needed "load management" and has played about 70 regular season games over the past two years.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-06-2019, 04:45 AM
You aren't wrong. But regular season can fall on to #9-11. You should know as a Laker fan, just last season.

If LeBron and AD both play just 70 games, and let's say those games aren't stacked, so at least 1 is always playing, that's 24 games w/ just either LBJ or AD. LAL is probably going like 10-14 in those 24 games. Possibly worse.

W/ a full roster for the other 58 games, let's be really nice and say 38-20.

That's a 48W team. That's like...#6 seed at best in the West. I don't care how built for the playoffs they may be, a #6 seed is not going to the Finals.

Kidbasketball20
07-06-2019, 04:53 AM

We'll likely add Rondo, Iggy and Korver to the roster. We got the younger superstar out of the 4 and Kuzma is arguably a better 3rd option than anyone on the Clippers. Lou's done his thing the past few years but that's on a team with Tobias Harris as the only other 20+ ppg scorer and he's going to decline soon enough while Kuzma's hitting his prime.

Clippers are looking at a George who probably won't be ready for training camp and a Kawhi who's needed "load management" and has played about 70 regular season games over the past two years.

How TF are you adding Iggy you moron? You literally live in a fantasy world.

They aren't releasing him, they are trading him to at team with RESOURCES. That team is not the Lakers

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 05:01 AM
You aren't wrong. But regular season can fall on to #9-11. You should know as a Laker fan, just last season.

If LeBron and AD both play just 70 games, and let's say those games aren't stacked, so at least 1 is always playing, that's 24 games w/ just either LBJ or AD. LAL is probably going like 10-14 in those 24 games. Possibly worse.

W/ a full roster for the other 58 games, let's be really nice and say 38-20.

That's a 48W team. That's like...#6 seed at best in the West. I don't care how built for the playoffs they may be, a #6 seed is not going to the Finals.

It's the Western Conference, we've seen lower seeds make the WCF and Finals before. We just need to be healthy for the Playoffs and then there's no one to stop us. Warriors lost KD and Iggy, Rockets are in shambles. Denver/Portland would probably be our toughest opponents when looking at potential match-ups.

Look no further than the 2001 Lakers, who didn't have that much depth either and Kobe missed like 15 games, Shaq missed some and Fisher was injured all season, we still went on to sweep the West because we were healthy when we needed to be.

Lakers will win 50+ games if James and Davis play 65+ games each and aren't both injured at the same time. Davis has been healthy the last 3 years (75+ the two before this one, where he got shut down and rested the 2nd halves when he did play) and James finally had a full off-season to rest and work on his conditioning. Kawhi just finished the Playoffs limping on the court and George needed surgery on his rotator cuff, those are bigger issues than a torn groin from 6+ months ago.

Smoke117
07-06-2019, 05:19 AM
It's the Western Conference, we've seen lower seeds make the WCF and Finals before. We just need to be healthy for the Playoffs and then there's no one to stop us. Warriors lost KD and Iggy, Rockets are in shambles. Denver/Portland would probably be our toughest opponents when looking at potential match-ups.

Look no further than the 2001 Lakers, who didn't have that much depth either and Kobe missed like 15 games, Shaq missed some and Fisher was injured all season, we still went on to sweep the West because we were healthy when we needed to be.

Lakers will win 50+ games if James and Davis play 65+ games each and aren't both injured at the same time. Davis has been healthy the last 3 years (75+ the two before this one, where he got shut down and rested the 2nd halves when he did play) and James finally had a full off-season to rest and work on his conditioning. Kawhi just finished the Playoffs limping on the court and George needed surgery on his rotator cuff, those are bigger issues than a torn groin from 6+ months ago.

lol...the league was a joke in 2001. There is way more competition in the west in 2020 than there was in 2001.

Spurs m8
07-06-2019, 05:19 AM
Except we can.

Hahahahahaha my god you are in for some disappointment, son.

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 05:21 AM
lol...the league was a joke in 2001. There is way more competition in the west in 2020 than there was in 2001.

"joke"

Lakers had to beat three 50+ win teams and play 4 straight on the road to complete their 11 - 0 sweep of the West.

The 7th-seeded Blazers had Sheed, Pippen, Stoudamire, Steve Smith & Sabonis. What a joke.

smoovegittar
07-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Panic post. There's trouble in Rambis Town, boyz-

Loco 50
07-06-2019, 06:11 AM
https://i2.wp.com/www.sopitas.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/17.gif

konex
07-06-2019, 06:17 AM
Kawhii, PG and Lou Will is the best trio in the league IMO

snipes12
07-06-2019, 06:23 AM
If the clippers manage and execute there line up in balance
Clipps would be scary

Staring line up

Zubac
Chandler
Kawhi
Emmett
Beverly

What's scray is the 2nd line up if paul george wants to give up the starting role for the benefit of the team

Harell
Green
Paul george
Temple
Williams

At crucial in the 4rth quarter would look like this

Pat
Lou
Paul
Kawhi
Harell

talkingconch
07-06-2019, 06:41 AM
Hahahahahaha my god you are in for some disappointment, son.
I'm not. I was right when I said george would regret staying in OKC rather than going to the Lakers, and i'll be right again.

Spurs m8
07-06-2019, 06:43 AM
I'm not. I was right when I said george would regret staying in OKC rather than going to the Lakers, and i'll be right again.

And I was right when I said a year ago Kawhi would go to the clippers.

Clippers have a better list and dont have a LeCancer.

Avoid disappointment, lower your expectations now.

talkingconch
07-06-2019, 06:45 AM
And I was right when I said a year ago Kawhi would go to the clippers.

Clippers have a better list and dont have a LeCancer.

Avoid disappointment, lower your expectations now.
I don't care for the Clippers enough to hate them TBH, they don't even have a large fanbase. Paul George doesn't show up in the playoffs. Let's see who else the Lakers sign.

Spurs m8
07-06-2019, 07:05 AM
I don't care for the Clippers enough to hate them TBH, they don't even have a large fanbase. Paul George doesn't show up in the playoffs. Let's see who else the Lakers sign.

Yeah that's going to be interesting tbh

Meticode
07-06-2019, 07:36 AM

Bev
Kawhi
George
Harrell
Shai
Zubac
Lou
Shai go bye-bye. Was part of the trade to OKC.

tontoz
07-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Lakers missed the playoffs with Lebron.

Clippers took 2 games from a healthy GS in the playoffs and have now added PG13/Kawhi.

Clippers >> Lakers

NBASTATMAN
07-06-2019, 09:10 AM
at what backgammon ? :roll: