PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo re-signing with Lakers

eliteballer
07-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Here we go again.

Gus Hemmingway
07-06-2019, 03:03 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UkLrKr3KVvmKb9pLowD34pgjRlg=/0x0:1000x667/1200x800/filters:focal(0x0:1000x667)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/photo_images/2971465/GYI0065063672.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b6/22/c2/b622c23710df06e9d8fdffa44f475994--cleveland-cavs-king-james.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-looks-to-pass-against-the-san-picture-id85153038

https://mk0slamonlinensgt39k.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GettyImages-909447398.jpg

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Do the Lakers ever stop winning? :banana:

:djparty
:hammertime: :hammertime:

Meticode
07-06-2019, 03:05 PM
There's your lineup now...

Cousins
Davis
LeBron
Green
Rondo

Kuzma
Caldwell-Pope
McGee
Cook

Kingwillball
07-06-2019, 03:07 PM

Cousins
Davis
LeBron
Green
Rondo

Kuzma
Caldwell-Pope
McGee
Cook

Plus Korver on buyout who knows what else.

bullettooth
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DysPeNGUwAAGW1O.jpg

Jay-B
They had all these dudes on hold for them, tells u how much everyone wants to play on the Lakers. If they somehow get Morris then that

RRR3

Cousins
Davis
LeBron
Green
Rondo

Kuzma
Caldwell-Pope
McGee
Cook
Cousins and Rondo will be be death of that team. Very low IQ signings by the Lakers FO. But but muh big names

Meticode
07-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Plus Korver on buyout who knows what else.
Still don't like Rondo sitting there. Unless for some reason he shoots 36% from three again this year. Which was crazy for him.

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Still don't like Rondo sitting there. Unless for some reason he shoots 36% from three again this year. Which was crazy for him.
Rondo is literally one of the possible worst PGs to play with LeBron. Lakers FO aid completely inept. It’s pathetic.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Rondo is literally one of the possible worst PGs to play with LeBron. Lakers FO aid completely inept. It

ZenMaster
07-06-2019, 09:26 PM

Cousins
Davis
LeBron
Green
Rondo

Kuzma
Caldwell-Pope
McGee
Cook

Have to see it to believe it...

McGee
Davis
Lebron
Green
Cook

Cousins
Kuzma
Iggy
KCP
Rondo

Sure there are some bad defenders there and a very bad one in Cook, but overall it'll be hard to handle 48 minutes vs those two lineups + a mix of the two. There are multiple versatile bigs, wing defenders, shooters, ball handlers and multiple position players all in well defined roles.
Want more defense and size? Put Iggy or KCP in for Cook.
Want a small ball lineup with nasty 3pt shooting? Change Kuzma for McGee.
Want a small ball lineup with more defense? Change Kuzma for McGee and Iggy or KCP for Cook.

bladefd
07-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Have to see it to believe it...

McGee
Davis
Lebron
Green
Cook

Cousins
Kuzma
Iggy
KCP
Rondo

Sure there are some bad defenders there and a very bad one in Cook, but overall it'll be hard to handle 48 minutes vs those two lineups + a mix of the two. There are multiple versatile bigs, wing defenders, shooters, ball handlers and multiple position players all in well defined roles.
Want more defense and size? Put Iggy or KCP in for Cook.
Want a small ball lineup with nasty 3pt shooting? Change Kuzma for McGee.
Want a small ball lineup with more defense? Change Kuzma for McGee and Iggy or KCP for Cook.

I think Rondo will get the start to begin season. I won't be surprised if KCP trumps him

ZenMaster
07-06-2019, 09:53 PM
I think Rondo will get the start to begin season. I won't be surprised if KCP trumps him

I just have to see it to believe it. Vogel has a fairly analytical approach and I suspect Pelinka feels the same way. Lebron is going to be running a lot of pick'n roll with Davis and McGee, having Rondo on the wing in this situation is next to worthless, whereas Cook's ability to shoot the 3 and mid range will be enhanced.
In contrast, having Rondo come off the bench for 16 ish minutes per game, you can have him running the pick'n rolls(his actual strenght) with Kuzma and Cousins, putting Rondo in a much better spot to be successful - especially if his lineup is with KCP - Iggy - Kuzma and Cousins as they can all score in one way or another.
You could argue that Rondo could be running the pick'n rolls with Lebron on the wing, but that doesn't put Lebron in the spot to be the most successful.
The alternative is to have KCP or Iggy alongside Lebron instead of Cook, for more size and defense, but not Rondo.

Also, just from a contract perspective. Cook is the highest paid PG on the roster, why shouldn't we assume he's going to be starting?
Same goes for McGee, he makes more than Cousins.
People are too hung up on the names and not fit and balance within the team.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 09:59 PM
I just have to see it to believe it. Vogel has a fairly analytical approach and I suspect Pelinka feels the same way. Lebron is going to be running a lot of pick'n roll with Davis and McGee, having Rondo on the wing in this situation is next to worthless, whereas Cook's ability to shoot the 3 and mid range will be enhanced.
In contrast, having Rondo come off the bench for 16 ish minutes per game, you can have him running the pick'n rolls(his actual strenght) with Kuzma and Cousins, putting Rondo in a much better spot to be successful - especially if his lineup is with KCP - Iggy - Kuzma and Cousins as they can all score in one way or another.
You could argue that Rondo could be running the pick'n rolls with Lebron on the wing, but that doesn't put Lebron in the spot to be the most successful.
The alternative is to have KCP or Iggy alongside Lebron instead of Cook, for more size and defense, but not Rondo.

Also, just from a contract perspective. Cook is the highest paid PG on the roster, why shouldn't we assume he's going to be starting?

Iggy probably isn't coming...he could be, but honestly more likely the Clippers trade for him.

Not sure why Memphis would just buy him out at this point.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Memphis has stated they have no intention of buying out Iggy. Rightfully so, there are a load of contending teams who would give up good assets to obtain Iggy.

ZenMaster
07-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Iggy probably isn't coming...he could be, but honestly more likely the Clippers trade for him.

Not sure why Memphis would just buy him out at this point.

You think they're going to take Harkless for him? Could be.

They'd buy him out because it sucks to have a player who by all accounts doesn't want to be on a team that's tanking, he'd just be taking up minutes for someone who could be part of the future, and you have to pay him 17 million for it. Maybe it's better to pay less and stop the situation from happening.

Maybe some teams want to trade for him, but who can match the salary and why didn't they want to do it when GS were trading him?

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:12 PM
You think they're going to take Harkless for him? Could be.

They'd buy him out because it sucks to have a player who by all accounts doesn't want to be on a team that's tanking, he'd just be taking up minutes for someone who could be part of the future, and you have to pay him 17 million for it. Maybe it's better to pay less and stop the situation from happening.

Maybe some teams want to trade for him, but who can match the salary and why didn't they want to do it when GS were trading him?

Yea, they'll buy him out if nobody trades for him.

Why wouldn't the Clippers send them Harkless and a couple 2nd rounders?

raprap
07-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Clippers with Iggy? :eek:

Do they have any asset left tho that Memphis would want?

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Clippers with Iggy? :eek:

Do they have any asset left tho that Memphis would want?

Expiring contract and 2nd rounders...better than a buyout.

ZenMaster
07-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Yea, they'll buy him out if nobody trades for him.

Why wouldn't the Clippers send them Harkless and a couple 2nd rounders?

I could see Clippers not doing it if Igoudala tells them that he doesn't actually want to go there.

Bond007
07-06-2019, 10:32 PM
I could see Clippers not doing it if Igoudala tells them that he doesn't actually want to go there.

i see that

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 10:36 PM

Well, yea...I agree with that.

Smoke117
07-07-2019, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Rondo is literally one of the possible worst PGs to play with LeBron. Lakers FO aid completely inept. It

GimmeThat
07-07-2019, 01:47 AM
Steve Nash under the Don Nelson system

bladefd
07-07-2019, 03:32 AM

Cook doesn't play good defense so that might hamper him in Vogel's system a bit. Rondo is slow now and average defender but he puts himself in right positions to be okay defensively. Cook was hit or miss in playoffs.

KCP is a good fit overall because he plays good defense even if his 3pt shooting is as good as Cook.

ZenMaster
07-07-2019, 04:06 AM
Cook doesn't play good defense so that might hamper him in Vogel's system a bit. Rondo is slow now and average defender but he puts himself in right positions to be okay defensively. Cook was hit or miss in playoffs.

KCP is a good fit overall because he plays good defense even if his 3pt shooting is as good as Cook.

Cook is a horrible defender but top notch 3pt shooter, that's why I'd prefer that he's on the court with Green, Davis and McGee as a starter.

brownmamba00
07-07-2019, 01:32 PM
I don't really understand the hate Rondo gets from fans. He did great in leading the second unit last year. He showed up in big games. His defense is not what it used to be but he can still pester smaller guards. He should be useful in keeping guys in check on the court. Especially on the road when you need bench output.

And1AllDay
07-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Do the Lakers ever stop winning? :banana:

:djparty
:hammertime: :hammertime:

no :dancin

weeeeeeeee

dont :hammertime:

superduper
07-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Rondo is literally one of the possible worst PGs to play with LeBron. Lakers FO aid completely inept. It’s pathetic.

Why is Bran so high maintenance?

It seems like he can literally only play with one type of player at all 10 positions minus the 2 superstars.

BallsOut
07-07-2019, 01:50 PM
I don't really understand the hate Rondo gets from fans. He did great in leading the second unit last year. He showed up in big games. His defense is not what it used to be but he can still pester smaller guards. He should be useful in keeping guys in check on the court. Especially on the road when you need bench output.

Rondo is expected to be a starter on this team. He's a better long guard then Cook.

And1AllDay
07-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Why is Bran so high maintenance?

It seems like he can literally only play with one type of player at all 10 positions minus the 2 superstars.

which type of player is this?

dellevedova? mozgov? 8 ppg Love?

lemme know baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Charlie Sheen
07-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Cousins and Rondo will be be death of that team. Very low IQ signings by the Lakers FO. But but muh big names
No they won't. Rondo especially will be a useful piece for this team. How many ball handlers capable of making quality post entry passes do you see on this roster?