PDA

View Full Version : Rondo and Cousins are absolutely TERRIBLE signings for the Lakers

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Holy shit what a retarded FO :roll: Cousins doesn

coin24
07-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Meltdown :roll: :roll:

Won't you be busy campaigning for Hillary??

Shogon
07-06-2019, 03:21 PM
He probably won't go for it but they could always bring Cousins off the bench.

Jay-B
07-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Actually not at all, AD Boogie and Rondo have good chemistry, Pelicans were 27-21 before boogie went down in 2018 in a very tough western conference that year. Besides that who else were they left to sign? Your acting like a bunch of top tier guys were left???? Do any of you guys on this forum watch or follow the NBA?

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:22 PM
He probably won't go for it but they could always bring Cousins off the bench.
He’s a good signing if they do this, yeah. But they won’t.

Jay-B
07-06-2019, 03:23 PM
I agree Hilary voters should not be allowed to watch the sports

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Bench points lol. Vogel better work some defensive magic well

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 03:24 PM
These are guys that won't see the floor pretty much at all when Lebron/Davis are playing together.

They are 2nd unit guys that will help in the regular season for injuries/rest and will play sparingly in the playoffs against bench players.

With the money...this is fine.

Rondo does pretty much suck, but Cousins is a great risk/reward proposition. He costs next to nothing and there is a chance he becomes a great rotation player.

coin24
07-06-2019, 03:24 PM
I agree Hilary voters should not be allowed to watch the sports

Op is a known virgin and a bandwagon shitstain

Manny98
07-06-2019, 03:27 PM
AD + Cousins have great chemistry together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNBWrkWEc6g&feature=youtu.be

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:28 PM
These are guys that won't see the floor pretty much at all when Lebron/Davis are playing together.

They are 2nd unit guys that will help in the regular season for injuries/rest and will play sparingly in the playoffs against bench players.

Rondo does pretty much suck, but Cousins is a great risk/reward proposition. He costs next to nothing and there is a chance he becomes a great rotation player.
I’d agree Cousins is a good signing if he’s a bench player. But he won’t be so it’s a bad signing.

Not sure why Cousins would take so little money. There had to be some team that would pay him more. He put up great counting stats per minute still last season.

Draz
Cousins is as trash as it gets

BallsOut

Nope. They didn't give Rondo that much money to be a back up. He is starting. No other PG on this team. Same with Cousins. McGee isn't starting over him.

Kidbasketball20
Actually not at all, AD Boogie and Rondo have good chemistry, Pelicans were 27-21 before boogie went down in 2018 in a very tough western conference that year. Besides that who else were they left to sign? Your acting like a bunch of top tier guys were left???? Do any of you guys on this forum watch or follow the NBA?

LMAO

sounds exactly like the retard Laker "excuses" with their season last year.

THEY FLOPPED
LAKERS FLOPPED

TWO FLOP TEAMS = A MAJOR FLOP

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]I

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 03:29 PM
PG: The corpse of Rajon Rondo (33)
SG: The corpse of Danny Green (32)
SF: The corpse of LeBron James (34)
PF: Anthony Davis (26)
C: The corpse of DeMarcus Cousins (Post Torn Achilles)

The Lakers got AD playing with a bunch of corpses in the starting lineup. And the best part about it? Those signings were all my ideas. You're welcome Pelinka.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kingwillball
07-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Both for Vet Minimum I would call that a HR signing especially cousins with huge upside if he recovers a little more-and plays with something to prove.

StrongLurk
07-06-2019, 03:34 PM
The Lakers CANNOT play Rondo with Lebron and they CANNOT play Cousins/AD together except for VERY minimal stretches.

Rondo and Cousins off the bench is okay given that the Lakers don't have many other options for players to sign...but my GOD Vogel better use the players right.

This Lakers team is honestly going to be overhyped once again and they will crash/burn to being a low playoff seed at best again.

It's like people just see names and stop there...

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]I

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 03:36 PM
The Lakers CANNOT play Rondo with Lebron and they CANNOT play Cousins/AD together except for VERY minimal stretches.

Rondo and Cousins off the bench is okay given that the Lakers don't have many other options for players to sign...but my GOD Vogel better use the players right.

This Lakers team is honestly going to be overhyped once again and they will crash/burn to being a low playoff seed at best again.

the problem is than Cousins will be pouting about coming off the bench.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Pretty much everyone understands this...including a smart coach which Vogel is.

Rondo/Cousins in the 2nd unit in the regular season is better than you could hope for given the situation the Lakers find themselves in now.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 03:38 PM
the problem is than Cousins will be pouting about coming off the bench.

Yup. Either that or McGee will be pouting about coming off the bench. People don't know Zubac was traded because of that last season. Get ready for another drama filled season :lebronamazed:

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:39 PM

High IQ post. But but Cousins is a supastahhhhh

RRR3
07-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Why won't he be?

You think Vogel is going to do something against team interest to appease Cousins?

No, that ship has sailed...Cousins needs the Lakers a lot more than they need him.
You really don’t think Cousins could have got more money from say, Charlotte? If he chose the Lakers he’s starting.

bison
07-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Vegas odds makers seem to disagree with all of you laughing at lakers decisions

Clippers 11-4
Lakers 4-1
Bucks 4-1
Sixers 7-1

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Y'all realize Boogie has an A- defensive rating on 2K?

We bout to lock nikkas down with Boogie, AD, Green, Bron :dancin

Kidbasketball20
Guarantee Laker fans did not see AD/Demarcus play together on the Pelicans.

They may be good friends but they do NOT play well together.

ArbitraryWater
OP, I have a sad diagnosis: u dumb

RRR3
Vegas odds makers seem to disagree with all of you laughing at lakers decisions

Clippers 11-4
Lakers 4-1
Bucks 4-1
Sixers 7-1
I thought the Lakers were doing great until they signed Cousins and Rondo dude. Green, Dudley, Cook, McGee, KCP all fit well with Bron and AD. Cousins and Rondo doe :roll:

tpols
07-06-2019, 03:44 PM
rondo's back.

:lol

cousins

:roll:

that defense mayne

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Y'all realize Boogie has an A- defensive rating on 2K?

We bout to lock nikkas down with Boogie, AD, Green, Bron :dancin

He's also a multi time all star but I wouldn't want him on my team

tpols
07-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Pretty much everyone understands this...including a smart coach which Vogel is.

Rondo/Cousins in the 2nd unit in the regular season is better than you could hope for given the situation the Lakers find themselves in now.

but what about the playoffs?

theyre so stacked just making it means nothing... losing first round? thats a huge L.

Rondo is a disaster for their playoff spacing, and cousins for their playoff defense.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:03 PM
but what about the playoffs?

theyre so stacked just making it means nothing... losing first round? thats a huge L.

Rondo is a disaster for their playoff spacing, and cousins for their playoff defense.

You are hoping for a buyout guy or two midseason...potentially a trade...etc.

Worst case scenario...you are playing Rondo/Cousins 12 minutes each in the playoffs against 2nd units.

Is it optimal? Hell no.

Is it the worst thing ever? Nope, I don't think so at all.

Now, if they start them or play them a lot? It will be horrific, but I can't imagine an NBA coach would be dumb enough to do that.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 04:04 PM

Worst case scenario...you are playing Rondo/Cousins 12 minutes each in the playoffs against 2nd units.

Is it optimal? Hell no.

Now, if they start them or play them a lot? It will be horrific, but I can't imagine an NBA coach would be dumb enough to do that.

I can. Jazz beat OKC 2 years ago because Brooks wouldn't bench Melo.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Is it optimal? Hell no.

The Lakers don't have other options. Their only point guards are Rondo and their rookie Horton-Tucker. Of course Rondo starts in that case. Also would you rather start Cousins over McGee? No matter who you start, the other player will pout about not starting. They both have done that in the past. Let's face reality, not your imagination.

RRR3
07-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Donovan not Brooks.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Donovan not Brooks.

yes

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Kidd will probably be the coach by than and we know what bad coaching he's capable of

tpols
07-06-2019, 04:09 PM

Is it optimal? Hell no.

who are they going to play over them?

Mcgee is only good for 15-20 minutes a game vs a legit team in the playoffs.

Cousins for sure will get bigger minutes. Thats already a death sentence.

If theyre force to rely on rondo its a nail in the coffin.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:10 PM

Sadly, this is true...and Donovan is actually a pretty good coach.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:11 PM
who are they going to play over them?

Mcgee is only good for 15-20 minutes a game vs a legit team in the playoffs.

Cousins for sure will get bigger minutes. Thats already a death sentence.

If theyre force to rely on rondo its a nail in the coffin.

We'll see...

RRR3
07-06-2019, 04:14 PM
It’s crazy how many people can’t see this.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:16 PM
The Lakers don't have other options. Their only point guards are Rondo and their rookie Horton-Tucker. Of course Rondo starts in that case. Also would you rather start Cousins over McGee? No matter who you start, the other player will pout about not starting. They both have done that in the past. Let's face reality, not your imagination.

Yup DMAVS avoiding reply because you know it's true.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]It

RRR3
07-06-2019, 04:18 PM
He will unless he gets his legs back and can actually move.

I don't know...I feel like you guys are forgetting how much better Cousins looked before his most recent injury.
What do you think Cousins market was after the regular season?

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Yup DMAVS avoiding reply because you know it's true.

I'm not avoiding anything.

I'd like to see the entire roster before I answer the other options.

However, right now...I'd start KCP over Rondo for sure...so I don't know what you guys are talking about "no other options"...

KCP/Green/Lebron/AD/McGee

That would be my starting lineup if AD continues to refuse to play center...

With a crunchtime lineup of KCP/Green/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis

RRR3
07-06-2019, 04:21 PM

However, right now...I'd start KCP over Rondo for sure...so I don't know what you guys are talking about "no other options"...

High IQ lineups right there.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:21 PM
What do you think Cousins market was after the regular season?

Obviously much better than this.

I'd imagine he would have gotten a big 1 year deal.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:24 PM

KCP is not a point guard. He can't handle the ball. Unless you're set in LeBron bringing the ball up as a full-time starter. No load management there. And McGee isn't a starter. Not someone you'd want to play more than 20mins a game.

Again, let's be realistic.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:27 PM
KCP is not a point guard. He can't handle the ball. Unless you're set in LeBron bringing the ball up as a full-time starter. No load management there. Again, let's be realistic.

I welcome you to the present where positions on offense mean almost nothing...especially when you have Lebron on your team.

You are arguing that it isn't "realistic" to choose the clear cut better option to play next to Lebron as a guard because you are worried he isn't technically a "point"?

Come back to reality and the present please.

Also, plenty of players start and don't play a lot...even on championship teams. Again, please come back to where logic is used. Look up Andrew Bogut in 2015 for reference you clown...

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:29 PM
I welcome you to the present where positions on offense mean almost nothing...especially when you have Lebron on your team.

You are arguing that it isn't "realistic" to choose the clear cut better option to play next to Lebron as a guard because you are worried he isn't technically a "point"?

Come back to reality and the present please.

In LeBron's 16 year career, has he ever played without a point guard in the starting lineup who could bring up the ball on offense? Nope. So you imagine he's going to start bringing the ball up every time he's on the floor next season just so Pope can be popped into the starting lineup? I think it's you who needs to come back to reality and the present.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:32 PM
In LeBron's 16 year career, has he ever played without a point guard in the starting lineup who could bring up the ball on offense? Nope. So you imagine he's going to start bringing the ball up every time he's on the floor next season just so Pope can be popped into the starting lineup? I think it's you who needs to come back to reality and the present.

First of all...KCP can bring the ball up the ****ing court if he has to. It would be Danny Green that shouldn't be allowed to dribble as he's this eras version of Michael Finely in terms of ball handling...only worse.

And, yes, if that is what is best for the team...then Lebron is going to have to handle the ball up the court more often.

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:37 PM
First of all...KCP can bring the ball up the ****ing court if he has to. It would be Danny Green that shouldn't be allowed to dribble as he's this eras version of Michael Finely in terms of ball handling...only worse.

And, yes, if that is what is best for the team...then Lebron is going to have to handle the ball up the court more often.

Nope Pope can't be relied upon to bring up the ball every time. I'm a Lakers fan. Been watching KCP for the last two years. Dude has a shaky handle. Probably has to do with the time he spent in prison.

Also how is LeBron having to bring up the ball good for the team? We need him for the playoffs, not the regular season. How's he going to perform load management if he also has to bring the ball up the floor against random spurts of defensive pressure?

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 04:39 PM
It may be Avery Bradley time just for someone to bring the ball up. I don

RealSkipBayless
07-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Lakers experimented with lineups all last season. We went through a stretch with Ingram at the point with Bron in the lineup. :lol

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Nope Pope can't be relied upon to bring up the ball every time. I'm a Lakers fan. Been watching KCP for the last two years. Dude has a shaky handle. Probably has to do with the time he spent in prison.

Also how is LeBron having to bring up the ball good for the team? We need him for the playoffs, not the regular season. How's he going to perform load management if he also has to bring the ball up the floor against random spurts of defensive pressure?

Who said every single time?

I agree the wear and tear is an issue, but that isn't fixed by playing Rondo. The Lakers are going to be heavily reliant on Davis/Lebron playing big minutes and games to win enough games.

It is why I'm skeptical of this team as I've been saying all day.

For the price though? Cousins and Rondo are fine...

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]It may be Avery Bradley time just for someone to bring the ball up. I don

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Who said every single time?

I agree the wear and tear is an issue, but that isn't fixed by playing Rondo. The Lakers are going to be heavily reliant on Davis/Lebron playing big minutes and games to win enough games.

It is why I'm skeptical of this team as I've been saying all day.

For the price though? Cousins and Rondo are fine...

I just don't buy the notion that LeBron will just magically start bringing the ball up the majority of the time when he hasn't done that in his 16-year career. Rondo is definitely needed starting with LeBron, if only for that purpose and to initiate Vogel's offense.

For the price, they're fine. But they're going to be expected to play as starters for this team. Not sure they're good for that anymore.

RRR3
Bradley would be nice.

Just another guard that can hit some open shots and knows how to play. Can't have enough of that next to Lebron/AD.
Hasn’t Bradley been horrible since he left Boston tho?

I’d still take a flier on him if I was LA but IJS

Cleverness
Both for Vet Minimum I would call that a HR signing especially cousins with huge upside if he recovers a little more-and plays with something to prove.

This.

-Lakers got them at dirt cheap prices
-They have greater players around them
-They already have good chemistry with AD

If you want to call them overrated, then maybe yeah, but they're good signings

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Hasn

RRR3
07-06-2019, 04:47 PM
This.

-Lakers got them at dirt cheap prices
-They have greater players around them
-They already have good chemistry with AD

If you want to call them overrated, then maybe yeah, but they're good signings
Bro you guys hated Cousins. I remember.

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:49 PM
I just don't buy the notion that LeBron will just magically start bringing the ball up the majority of the time when he hasn't done that in his 16-year career. Rondo is definitely needed starting with LeBron, if only for that purpose and to initiate Vogel's offense.

For the price, they're fine. But they're going to be expected to play as starters for this team. Not sure they're good for that anymore.

Well, unless Rondo turns into a great spot up shooter...I don't see how they can play him big minutes next to Lebron.

A few minutes a game next to Lebron to help with initiating the offense? Sure...

But Lebron and the Lakers are going to have to adapt to this team and I just don't see how you can start Rondo and McGee/Cousins on this team...unless the league takes a time machine back to 02.

Now, if AD is willing to play center and they start Kuzma or Lebron is willing to play the 4 on defense...then starting Rondo would be okay.

But, honestly like I said before...I'm not too worried about "starting" vs "bench"...I'd be worried about how often certain 3 and 5 man units are being used...

And I think only a moron would play Rondo/Lebron/McGee or Cousins heavy minutes.

BlackVVaves
07-06-2019, 04:51 PM
I

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=BlackVVaves]I

BallsOut
07-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Well, unless Rondo turns into a great spot up shooter...I don't see how they can play him big minutes next to Lebron.

A few minutes a game next to Lebron to help with initiating the offense? Sure...

But Lebron and the Lakers are going to have to adapt to this team and I just don't see how you can start Rondo and McGee/Cousins on this team...unless the league takes a time machine back to 02.

Now, if AD is willing to play center and they start Kuzma or Lebron is willing to play the 4 on defense...then starting Rondo would be okay.

But, honestly like I said before...I'm not too worried about "starting" vs "bench"...I'd be worried about how often certain 3 and 5 man units are being used...

And I think only a moron would play Rondo/Lebron/McGee or Cousins heavy minutes.

It's all tradeoffs really. If they play Davis and Kuzma as starters, sure Cousins/McGee won't see much time but then you're risking another AD injury at Center. If you want to load manage AD, then either McGee or Cousins will have to start and one of them will have to play major minutes because either of them will have to be in the floor at all times. Can Cousins play 24 and McGee play 24 minutes for a full season at this point in their careers?

DMAVS41
07-06-2019, 04:59 PM
It's all tradeoffs really. If they play Davis and Kuzma as starters, sure Cousins/McGee won't see much time but then you're risking another AD injury at Center. If you want to load manage AD, then either McGee or Cousins will have to start and one of them will have to play major minutes because either of them will have to be in the floor at all times. Can Cousins play 24 and McGee play 24 minutes for a full season at this point in their careers?

Well, Davis and Kuzma are going to have play like starters. I'm not sure why you keep using "starters" like it has some inherent meaning for minutes played.

Do you think Davis isn't going to start? He's going to have to play a shit ton of minutes and games. Again, I keep repeating this...this is why I'm skeptical of this team.

But Davis/Kuzma...whether Kuzma starts or not...is going to have to play huge minutes. They are young and need to carry the load.

I think Cousins could play 15 minutes a game and McGee could play around that.

And, I think Davis is going to have to stop being a bitch and play center a lot more. He's going to need to do that because this team works so much better with that. Not all night, but it has to happen a lot.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Even though ad and cousins played together, you should stagger them too. Have either play one of rondo/lebron most minutes. ideally rondo and ad together because of rondos poor defense and it

HylianNightmare
07-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Mozgov

Cleverness
07-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Bro you guys hated Cousins. I remember.

Not me...

Coming off an Achillies injury there were question marks, but I thought of it as a low-risk signing for the money we were paying him and even if he didn't perform it didn't matter because a healthy Warriors team without him was plenty enough for another championship.

ZenMaster
07-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Nope. They didn't give Rondo that much money to be a back up. He is starting. No other PG on this team. Same with Cousins. McGee isn't starting over him.

Rondo is getting the minimum? And McGee is getting more than Cousins, he will be starting and Cousins is just going to try and ease into things while getting fit throughout the year, same goal as last season.

NBASTATMAN
07-06-2019, 06:01 PM

The Lakers got AD playing with a bunch of corpses in the starting lineup. And the best part about it? Those signings were all my ideas. You're welcome Pelinka.

poor ad :roll:

They should send AD to the NETS.. Fcuk the Lakers..

ImKobe
07-06-2019, 06:16 PM

2018 Raptors

PG: The corpse of Kyle Lowry (33)
SG: The corpse of Danny Green (31)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (27)
PF: Pascal Siakam (25)
C: The corpse of Marc Gasol (34)

AD and Cousins are both in their 20s and Cousins was decent last year without being able to work on his conditioning coming into the season (18/9/4 1.4 stl 1.7 blk above 50%FG post-ASB in 19 games as a 4th option), there's no excuse for Lebron this season, he's going to have a LONG off-season to get his body right as does everyone else on our team. Title teams usually have a bunch of vets and one or two superstar-level players in their prime, we have all the pieces to contend for a championship if Lebron is every bit as good as his fans say he is.

Cleverness
07-06-2019, 06:27 PM
2018 Raptors

PG: The corpse of Kyle Lowry (33)
SG: The corpse of Danny Green (31)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (27)
PF: Pascal Siakam (25)
C: The corpse of Marc Gasol (34)

AD and Cousins are both in their 20s and Cousins was decent last year without being able to work on his conditioning coming into the season (18/9/4 1.4 stl 1.7 blk above 50%FG post-ASB in 19 games as a 4th option), there's no excuse for Lebron this season, he's going to have a LONG off-season to get his body right as does everyone else on our team. Title teams usually have a bunch of vets and one or two superstar-level players in their prime, we have all the pieces to contend for a championship if Lebron is every bit as good as his fans say he is.

Bingo

AD and LeBron will be well rested and vets win championships :applause:

BarberSchool
07-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Bench points lol. Vogel better work some defensive magic wellVogel gonna be playing lots of Zone wiht these old injured senior citizens. Teams are gonna slaughter Lakers on the glass when they do.

The Iron Fist
07-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Do people really think this will be the same Boogie from before?

LukeWalton
07-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Cousins might be an emotional lesbian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zdn6E3KbE

but Rondo, Cousins and AD were Pelican pen pals, and before that, Kentucky Klans

good chemistry there.

34-24 Footwork
07-06-2019, 08:15 PM
No fear.

LeBron makes everyone better.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers intend to move LeBron James to the starting point guard position.

One day and your so-called "unrealistic option" is already being reported as the main option going into the season.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kingwillball
07-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers intend to move LeBron James to the starting point guard position.

One day and your so-called "unrealistic option" is already being reported as the main option going into the season.

With 4 other possible PG on team and very thin at SF makes little sense. Bradley,Green,Lebron,AD,McGhee should start Caruso,Cook,KCP,Kuzma,Cousins is good second team with scoring punch. Have feeling cousins will start and McGhee off bench though.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:09 PM
With 4 other possible PG on team and very thin at SF makes little sense. Bradley,Green,Lebron,AD,McGhee should start Caruso,Cook,KCP,Kuzma,Cousins is good second team with scoring punch.

It makes sense when Lebron is on the floor with a variety of lineups.

Caruso/Lebron and Cook/Lebron also make sense in a variety of lineups....but those aren't ideal because you want more defense. So, often you'll have to play Lebron at point on offense and then surround him with lineups like KCP/Green/Kuzma/AD...etc.

What doesn't make sense....is Rondo/Lebron...which any coach worth anything will know or learn quickly.

Positions are pretty much not relevant anyway...but the best lineups around Lebron will involve shooting...not ball dominant non shooter guards like Rondo that don't play defense.

305Baller
07-08-2019, 03:16 PM
gonna be like 2012 all over again

hahahahahahahah

oh the horror
07-08-2019, 03:38 PM
If Lebron is running the Pg position then why sign so many guards?

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:41 PM

A few reasons;

1- So they can experiment with a variety of lineups the first half of the year to see what works and what doesn't work

2- When Lebron isn't on the court or taking a game off...this team needs ball handlers that can get Davs the ball in spots he likes

3- To accumulate trade pieces for a move to improve the roster in an area of need mid-season

superduper
07-08-2019, 03:47 PM

Because it's a sham that doesn't actually mean anything. Whether he "plays PG" or not he will be holding the ball the same record breaking amount of time (time of possession). Also he won't be guarding PGs, that's what Avery/Cook/Caruso/Rondo are there for.

It's all just media hype nonsense to justify his statpadding.

BallsOut
07-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Except they won't. And LeBron hasn't played at point for a full season in his 16-year career. But keep reaching dude. Rondo is the most experienced PG the Lakers have. They need more than one playmaker playing with LeBron at all times. Pope, Bradley, and Cook are not good playmakers, let alone ball handlers. They didn't bring Rondo back to not play with Davis and Cousins. Rondo is starting at PG, point blank whether you like it or not.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Except they won't. And LeBron hasn't played at point for a full season in his 16-year career. But keep reaching dude. Rondo is the most experienced PG the Lakers have. They need more than one playmaker playing with LeBron at all times. Pope, Bradley, and Cook are not good playmakers, let alone ball handlers. They didn't bring Rondo back to not play with Davis and Cousins. Rondo is starting at PG, point blank whether you like it or not.

Can you at least admit that you were wrong calling it unrealistic?

Reaching?

I'm going off of common sense, knowledge, and the reporting of someone covering the NBA for a living.

You are just shouting with nothing to back it up.

And, again, Rondo is not playing heavy minutes with Lebron unless something drastically changes from last year because it doesn't make sense.

They brought Rondo back to run the team when Lebron isn't on the floor...just like I said yesterday...not sure what is hard to understand. Do you really think the Lakers coaches aren't looking at the same things we are? That Rondo was the only player on the Lakers last year when combined with Lebron that didn't have a positive differential? You really think they don't know that shit?

bladefd
07-08-2019, 04:45 PM
LeBron at point is not going to last.

You can't have a massive lineup of:
Cousins
AD
Kuzma
Green
LeBron

This is not 80s or 90s nba where a lineup like that would work. I think Kuzma is best in 6th man role -- you can just plug him in for Cousins/AD/LeBron since he can play both 3 and 4 (so can LeBron, AD can also play 4 or 5).

As season progresses, I expect us to end up with this:
Cousins
AD
LeBron
Green
Bradley (or KCP)

You always want 2 3-and-D guys out there if you have LeBron on team.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 04:57 PM
LeBron at point is not going to last.

You can't have a massive lineup of:
Cousins
AD
Kuzma
Green
LeBron

This is not 80s or 90s nba where a lineup like that would work. I think Kuzma is best in 6th man role -- you can just plug him in for Cousins/AD/LeBron since he can play both 3 and 4 (so can LeBron, AD can also play 4 or 5).

As season progresses, I expect us to end up with this:
Cousins
AD
LeBron
Green
Bradley (or KCP)

You always want 2 3-and-D guys out there if you have LeBron on team.

Definitely agree with the 2nd lineup...that would be a much better starting lineup than Rondo at point or no guard at all.

However, the best lineup the Lakers have to offer will be Davis as the lone big.

Closing games...should be Player X/Green/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis...with Player X being represented by some combination of Bradley/Caruso/KCP likely...or I'm sure the Lakers are hoping to find a better option at some point.

If Kuzma proves he can't fit in well on that lineup to close out games due to his lack of defense or inconsistent shooting...I bet he gets moved.

bladefd
07-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Definitely agree with the 2nd lineup...that would be a much better starting lineup than Rondo at point or no guard at all.

However, the best lineup the Lakers have to offer will be Davis as the lone big.

Closing games...should be Player X/Green/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis...with Player X being represented by some combination of Bradley/Caruso/KCP likely...or I'm sure the Lakers are hoping to find a better option at some point.

If Kuzma proves he can't fit in well on that lineup to close out games due to his lack of defense or inconsistent shooting...I bet he gets moved.

There has to be a trade coming because we have so much depth.. dare-I-say too much depth. I would trade like 4 of those players for 1 guy who is starter-worthy.

When is the earliest we can trade players we just signed? December 15 or something, right?

RealSkipBayless
07-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Rondo is not starting. Get the **** out of here. :lol

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 05:13 PM
There has to be a trade coming because we have so much depth.. dare-I-say too much depth. I would trade like 4 of those players for 1 guy who is starter-worthy.

When is the earliest we can trade players we just signed? December 15 or something, right?

Yea...December 14th or 15th I think.

They can experiment to see what works to start the year...and then try to add what they are missing at the deadline or in December.

Charlie Sheen
07-08-2019, 07:31 PM
A few reasons;

1- So they can experiment with a variety of lineups the first half of the year to see what works and what doesn't work

2- When Lebron isn't on the court or taking a game off...this team needs ball handlers that can get Davs the ball in spots he likes

3- To accumulate trade pieces for a move to improve the roster in an area of need mid-season

:applause: