PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mavs or 2019 Raptors?

Akeem34TheDream
07-07-2019, 04:32 AM
Which team had a better squad?

superduper
07-07-2019, 04:37 AM
Dirk won in 2011 with NO allstars vs the most cowardly colluded superteam of all time.

Akeem34TheDream
07-07-2019, 04:43 AM
Dirk won in 2011 with NO allstars vs the most cowardly colluded superteam of all time.
Can you answer my question please?

LostCause
07-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Raptors squad was better

2011s ring was more satisfying though imo

Andrei89
07-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Can you answer my question please?

LoL Lebron is on this guy

superduper
07-07-2019, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Andrei89]LoL Lebron is on this guy

Manny98
07-07-2019, 09:41 AM
The team that swept the defending champs

Andrei89
07-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Who the fk are you :lol

Tilted :lol

Mr Know It All
07-07-2019, 08:26 PM
If we're talking about who had the more impressive championship run it's the 2011 Mavericks and it ain't close. That's not to denigrate the Raptors, I don't know if any team had a tougher road this decade.

Squad against squad it's really damn close. The Mavericks had terrific length (Chandler and Haywood were both starting caliber defensive aces at C) and a defender in Marion that could bother Kawhi. Raps have guys to throw at Dirk but he shat on Ibaka in 2011. I don't think Siakam could check Dirk.

That Mavericks team is really underrated. They were on pace for 63 wins before the Dirk and Butler injuries derailed them mid season. Dirk returned and they went on a tear. The Mavericks ran through a really tough Western Conference. Their stiffest challenge came at the end against a Heat squad that had a prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (last year of Wade's peak).

The Raptors were underrated coming into the playoffs. Really nice, deep team with a true two-way superstar in Kawhi. They mopped up Orlando after a hiccup in game 1 but really struggled with the length of the 76ers. Very good chance they drop that game in OT without Kawhi's buzzer beater. They handled the Bucks (should have won game 1 in that series as well) and beat up on a short-handed (but still very good) Warriors squad.

The struggles that the Raptors had with the 76ers is key for me. I think the length of that 2011 Mavericks team, their experience, and their shooting ends up being too much for the 2019 Raps. 2011 Mavs in 6.

And1AllDay
07-07-2019, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Andrei89]LoL Lebron is on this guy

houston
07-08-2019, 12:41 PM
If we're talking about who had the more impressive championship run it's the 2011 Mavericks and it ain't close. That's not to denigrate the Raptors, I don't know if any team had a tougher road this decade.

Squad against squad it's really damn close. The Mavericks had terrific length (Chandler and Haywood were both starting caliber defensive aces at C) and a defender in Marion that could bother Kawhi. Raps have guys to throw at Dirk but he shat on Ibaka in 2011. I don't think Siakam could check Dirk.

That Mavericks team is really underrated. They were on pace for 63 wins before the Dirk and Butler injuries derailed them mid season. Dirk returned and they went on a tear. The Mavericks ran through a really tough Western Conference. Their stiffest challenge came at the end against a Heat squad that had a prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (last year of Wade's peak).

The Raptors were underrated coming into the playoffs. Really nice, deep team with a true two-way superstar in Kawhi. They mopped up Orlando after a hiccup in game 1 but really struggled with the length of the 76ers. Very good chance they drop that game in OT without Kawhi's buzzer beater. They handled the Bucks (should have won game 1 in that series as well) and beat up on a short-handed (but still very good) Warriors squad.

The struggles that the Raptors had with the 76ers is key for me. I think the length of that 2011 Mavericks team, their experience, and their shooting ends up being too much for the 2019 Raps. 2011 Mavs in 6.

this true right here plus Leonard miss quarter of the season due to rest lol

dirkdiggler41
07-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Most experts had the Mavs losing in the first and second round. They only expected the Mavs to win the conference finals after swiping the Lakers.

SpaceJam2
07-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Excellent post :facepalm

Repped ++