Miami Heat: *laugh* no
Twolves: *laugh* hell no

FireDavidKahn
07-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Precisely 0 chance KAT gets traded.

LoneyROY7
07-07-2019, 06:32 PM
The Towns stuff is moronic.

But I could see a 3-team trade in which Miami gets CP and Houston gets Russ.

Manny98
07-07-2019, 06:33 PM
:facepalm

LoneyROY7
07-07-2019, 06:37 PM
A trade like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6dnp9b2

Add in 2-3 unprotected 1st rounders coming from Houston to OKC and I think this is realistic and could legit happen.

Meticode
07-07-2019, 06:56 PM
:biggums: The Rockets give up Capela and Paul and get back Westbrook and Towns? What kind of trade is that? :oldlol:

bobopenguin
07-07-2019, 07:34 PM
LOL put down the pipe.

DMAVS41
07-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Precisely 0 chance KAT gets traded.

Never 0 percent.

He could call up KG and ask him what he thinks about giving 5 more years of his career to a franchise that seems borderline incapable of building quality teams. That also is stuck with like the 3rd worst contract in the league for 4 more years.

If he demands a trade...do the Wolves really just refuse?

Obviously they aren't doing some dumb trade like the above, but I don't see how they just say "no" if he publicly asks out.

FireMcFailPlease
07-07-2019, 08:04 PM
I would love that trade for Minnesota.

bobopenguin
07-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Never 0 percent.

He could call up KG and ask him what he thinks about giving 5 more years of his career to a franchise that seems borderline incapable of building quality teams. That also is stuck with like the 3rd worst contract in the league for 4 more years.

Obviously they aren't doing some dumb trade like the above, but I don't see how they just say "no" if he publicly asks out.

well, wolves can say no, they can find multiple way to screw Towns over since he still have 5 years contract to fufil.

They can make him play 82 games + 48 minutes and tell everyone not to pass the ball to him, or they can play him 5min at 3rd quarter for next 5 years.

5 years is a long time.

FireDavidKahn
07-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Never 0 percent.

He is starting year 1 of his 5 year max deal this upcoming year. There is literally 0 chance he would be traded. Year 4 is when the leverage starts to go back to the players.

DMAVS41
07-07-2019, 09:48 PM
He is starting year 1 of his 5 year max deal this upcoming year. There is literally 0 chance he would be traded. Year 4 is when the leverage starts to go back to the players.

I'm not arguing he has leverage...of course he doesn't.

But him asking for a trade...even privately...would cause problems.

I think you guys are underestimating what we just witnessed and how it is going to change the league even more.

Players are not going to sit around on bad franchises that surround them with bad supporting casts...not only too many examples of guys wasting prime years, but players now feel (perhaps rightfully so) that they can strongarm a team into doing what they want.

And, again...nothing in the NBA is ever 0%...

I don't want it. I'd love to see the Wolves build around Towns and keep him his entire career, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on that happening given the current state of the roster and their history.