PDA

View Full Version : Mexico once again beating the U.S. in the Gold Cup.

1987_Lakers
07-07-2019, 11:11 PM
:oldlol:

VIVA MEXICO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2es3m5L4hY

Shogon
07-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Are you joking?

It's ****ing soccer.

If the United States took it seriously, the United States would dominate.

But we don't take it seriously, because, and I sincerely mean this, we are grateful and fortunate enough to be extremely wealthy comparatively.

The reason that soccer is the most popular sport in the world is because it's the sport that requires the least amount of financial resources... all you REALLY need to play soccer is a round ball that you can kick and that's literally it. You can practice it by yourself at any time in any place. The same can't be said for the sports that are popular in the United States.

1987_Lakers
07-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Are you joking?

It's ****ing soccer.

If the United States took it seriously, the United States would dominate.

But we don't take it seriously, because, and I sincerely mean this, we are grateful and fortunate enough to be extremely wealthy comparatively.

The reason that soccer is the most popular sport in the world is because it's the sport that requires the least amount of financial resources... all you REALLY need to play soccer is a round ball that you can kick and that's literally it. You can practice it by yourself at any time in any place. The same can't be said for the sports that are popular in the United States.

The funny thing is, Mexico didn't take this game seriously, they had their B team out there and they still beat the best USA had to offer. :roll:

highwhey
07-07-2019, 11:37 PM
i didn't expect any less. we held them scoreless with our B squad :roll: :roll: :roll:

highwhey
07-07-2019, 11:40 PM
The funny thing is, Mexico didn't take this game seriously, they had their B team out there and they still beat the best USA had to offer. :roll:
this dude is claiming soccer is not real sport, meanwhile he just got back from an intense air frisbee match against chad

https://d1ca4yhhe0xc0x.cloudfront.net/Files/4769/6/throwing_frisbee.jpg

:roll:

warriorfan
07-07-2019, 11:46 PM
this dude is claiming soccer is not real sport, meanwhile he just got back from an intense air frisbee match against chad

https://d1ca4yhhe0xc0x.cloudfront.net/Files/4769/6/throwing_frisbee.jpg

:roll:

Sport or not...I

SomeBlackDude
07-07-2019, 11:47 PM
our women folk won the world cup and i got to see a drunk alex morgan twerking (https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/1147967803183575046).

all in all, great day for 'murrican f

highwhey
07-07-2019, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Sport or not...I

1987_Lakers
07-07-2019, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=SomeBlackDude]our women folk won the world cup and i got to see a drunk alex morgan twerking (https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/1147967803183575046).

all in all, great day for 'murrican f

SomeBlackDude
07-08-2019, 12:13 AM
You call that a twerk? White people have no damn rhythm. :oldlol:

yes, the paler race is... rhythmically challenged historically.

but in her defense, she just won a world cup for her grateful nation.

so, it's the effort that counts.

plus she was clearly drunk.

would still smash.

highwhey
07-08-2019, 12:18 AM
yes, the paler race is... rhythmically challenged historically.

but in her defense, she just won a world cup for her grateful nation.

so, it's the effort that counts.

plus she was clearly drunk.

would still smash.
i would smash but that was a very weak twerk.

and the USWNT lost to the U15 boys team so....https://i.postimg.cc/pLbPy89C/fdf7167469b57f177edbf7a9e3eec5f5.png

Hawker
07-08-2019, 02:50 AM
Definitely a frustrating loss for the US. Berhalter doesn't look to be that good and we really need to retire Bradley and Altidore. They should've put away some more chances in the first half.

Still, will never understand the US citizens whose parents left Mexico to go to the US for a better life root for Mexico in soccer. No assimilation.

And dondadda needs to get that weak shit outta here. No consolation prize on this one.

1987_Lakers
07-08-2019, 03:01 AM
Still, will never understand the US citizens whose parents left Mexico to go to the US for a better life root for Mexico in soccer. No assimilation.

My parents are from Mexico and I was born here, but it's not hard to understand at all. Soccer isn't a big sport in this country and we grew up with a bunch of uncles/dad who are die hard soccer fans since they were kids in Mexico that pass it on to us, so of course we will choose Mexico as our team. We also take pride in our culture.

I find it more weird to find a Mexican U.S. citizen that roots for USA, I've never encountered those people. All my friends who are Mexican, but born here also root for Mexico.

Hawker
07-08-2019, 03:05 AM
My parents are from Mexico and I was born here, but it's not hard to understand at all. Soccer isn't a big sport in this country and we grew up with a bunch of uncles/dad who are die hard soccer fans since they were kids in Mexico that pass it on to us, so of course we will choose Mexico as our team. We also take pride in our culture.

I find it more weird to find a Mexican U.S. citizen that roots for USA, I've never encountered those people. All my friends who are Mexican, but born here also root for Mexico.

Of course it makes sense your parents root for Mexico - I get that. But you should assimilate to the US culture and recognize your parents left for a reason - no opportunity. That's fine you take pride in your culture but that same culture didn't provide your parents opportunity to succeed there. And that seems to be lost on people like you and highwhey.

My Dad's english and I rooted for them as my main team for a bit when I was younger but USA is my #1. He left England for a reason and I have no cultural connection at all to the US.

Also, if all the hispanics actually started rooting for the US here, then soccer WOULD be a big sport in this country.

1987_Lakers
07-08-2019, 03:12 AM
Of course it makes sense your parents root for Mexico - I get that. But you should assimilate to the US culture and recognize your parents left for a reason - no opportunity. That's fine you take pride in your culture but that same culture didn't provide your parents opportunity to succeed there. And that seems to be lost on people like you and highwhey.

lol, gtfo with this trash. I'm very assimilated with the American culture.

But when it comes to Soccer, I'm rooting for Mexico all day.

Hawker
07-08-2019, 03:16 AM
lol, gtfo with this trash. I'm very assimilated with the American culture.

But when it comes to Soccer, I'm rooting for Mexico all day.

And it's still a really stupid thing to do. :cheers:

Like I said, your parents left for a reason.

highwhey
07-08-2019, 03:17 AM

My Dad's english and I rooted for them as my main team for a bit when I was younger but USA is my #1. He left England for a reason and I have no cultural connection at all to the US.

Also, if all the hispanics actually started rooting for the US here, then soccer WOULD be a big sport in this country.
i think preserving one

Hawker
07-08-2019, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=highwhey][B]i think preserving one

1987_Lakers
07-08-2019, 03:26 AM
i think preserving one’s culture and heritage is of upmost importance, also, Mexicans are just better at futbol plain and simple.

I spent a lot of time in Mexico as a kid, and it was common back then to play futbol in the streets with other kids in the neighborhood. that’s something that never happened here. you could literally walk up to your neighbors door and ask him if he wanted to play, 100% he will say yeah.

when i play futbol on the states, i gotta hit up my hispanic friends and organize a game at a park. we all show up with our Mexico national team playeras.

Yup, I remember visiting my Dad's hometown in Mexico all the time and they had their own soccer team and I witnessed them win multiple titles over the other nearby towns in an organized league they had. Seeing stuff like that as a Kid sticks with you.

In America it's just football, basketball, & baseball, Americans take no pride in their soccer team so it shouldn't be a surprised that all the Mexicans in the states just root for Mexico.

Hawker
07-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread and say I'm ok with the puto chant by Mexico.

Too many libs have gotten into soccer over the years.

highwhey
07-09-2019, 12:58 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread and say I'm ok with the puto chant by Mexico.

Too many libs have gotten into soccer over the years.
:oldlol:

Lakers Legend#32
07-09-2019, 03:14 AM
Viva Mexico!
Down with Gringo Trump.

TheMan
07-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Definitely a frustrating loss for the US. Berhalter doesn't look to be that good and we really need to retire Bradley and Altidore. They should've put away some more chances in the first half.

And dondadda needs to get that weak shit outta here. No consolation prize on this one.
One of my best friend's parents are from Argentina, he was born in the US and is proudly American...but when the World Cup comes around, he's rocking the Albiceleste kit, along with his daughter, who is a second generation American...

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Previews/ADID/StillAssets/426637_v4.JPEG

So no, its not only Mexicans who do this. I also root for Mexico in international tournaments even though I was born in the US.

Charlie Sheen
07-09-2019, 01:08 PM

It's not doomsday hawk. Mckinnie is really rough around the edges so this experience will be good for him. Arriola needs to find a finishing touch. Berhalters subs were curious, but I'd give him more time to see where he's going with this group. You're dead on about Bradley can't handle pressing teams. Like it or not, Altidore is still the best striker for the US.

TheMan
07-09-2019, 01:13 PM
It's not doomsday hawk. Mckinnie is really rough around the edges so this experience will be good for him. Arriola needs to find a finishing touch. Berhalters subs were curious, but I'd give him more time to see where he's going with this group. You're dead on about Bradley can't handle pressing teams. Like it or not, Altidore is still the best striker for the US.
Thats sad :oldlol:

Shogon
07-09-2019, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Sport or not...I

qrich
07-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Soccer is what? Fourth, fifth in the US team sport pyramid, versus being #1 in Mejico, yet, it was a back and forth game, with some questionable officiating as well :confusedshrug:

TheMan
07-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Soccer is what? Fourth, fifth in the US team sport pyramid, versus being #1 in Mejico, yet, it was a back and forth game, with some questionable officiating as well :confusedshrug:
Yeah but that was Mexico's B team...and it's spelled with a X and never with a J

dude77
07-09-2019, 05:21 PM
if the U.S. actually cared about soccer, they'd dominate the world eventually