PDA

View Full Version : GSW adds Burks, swaps D Jones for Spellman

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1148294733862592512
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1148299777601261568

I like both moves for both teams. GSW roster really isn't looking bad now. Not title contenders, but I think they make a stronger case vs the other fringe teams like Sac, LAL, and Dal.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:00 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1148294733862592512
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1148299777601261568

I like both moves for both teams. GSW roster really isn't looking bad now. Not title contenders, but I think they make a stronger case vs the other fringe teams like Sac, LAL, and Dal.

They are title contenders if Klay is back and healthy by the playoffs.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 03:07 PM
No doubt. But gotta make the playoffs first. I'm still not sure GSW does that, even if Klay returns the last month of the season.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:18 PM
No doubt. But gotta make the playoffs first. I'm still not sure GSW does that, even if Klay returns the last month of the season.

It depends on how some things shake out. The Thunder are almost for sure out now.

Who are you putting in over the Warriors? No way we can give the edge to teams like the Mavs/Kings/Pelicans/Wolves.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 03:30 PM
It depends on how some things shake out. The Thunder are almost for sure out now.

Who are you putting in over the Warriors? No way we can give the edge to teams like the Mavs/Kings/Pelicans/Wolves.
LAL for sure in (tho I have them low like #6-8 range. Probably #6 now w/ Bradley, Cook, Caruso, etc on the roster).

For the 2nd new team in, I got Sac. Which shouldn't be a surprise. They were in 8th seed contention last season til the last week when they decided to quit for some reason. Bags and Fox are a year older and better, deadweight WCS is gone, good vets in Dedmon, Ariza, and Joseph added, now all coached by Luke Walton. Sac winning 45 games shouldn't be unreasonable.

GSW has no notable SF (but about 7 SGs), WCS as its C (who they'll see was let go for a reason), and DLo who doesn't fit the system. They're like pre-KD Dubs, just much worse, particularly on D. In the more balanced West w/ so many strong teams and even bad teams being threats to steal W's, I got them also in that 42-45 W range.

and yeah, I'm assuming OKC is out as I also assume Russ is gone.

sammichoffate
07-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Who are you putting in over the Warriors? No way we can give the edge to teams like the Mavs/Kings/Pelicans/Wolves.It all depends on if they can hang on w/o Klay. I like Sacramento's chances out of all those teams, even with their overpays this year.

Bosnian Sajo
07-08-2019, 03:33 PM

Absolutely they are, I never counted them out. Too much respect for that big three, and now along with Russ? I truly hope Dlo shows he belongs as a member of the team and not just a trade chip.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Anything is possible, but I'm not betting on the Kings over the Warriors.

Hotlantadude81
07-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Spellman keeps gaining weight.

He has put on 20-25 pounds since the season ended.

Dr. Cheesesteak, you better stay away from Spellman or he will eat you just like he has ate everything else in sight.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Spellman keeps gaining weight.

He has put on 20-25 pounds since the season ended.

Dr. Cheesesteak, you better stay away from Spellman or he will eat you just like he has ate everything else in sight.
:lol He can hit a 3, tho, right? And get boards? He can keep eating if he does his job!

Maybe he should get some surgery and give some of his fat to Draymond. Dray too skinny to be made fun of now. :(

Hotlantadude81
07-08-2019, 04:46 PM
:lol He can hit a 3, tho, right? And get boards? He can keep eating if he does his job!

Maybe he should get some surgery and give some of his fat to Draymond. Dray too skinny to be made fun of now. :(

Spellman is the more skilled player than Jones. He can be a good player if he decides to get in shape. Perhaps getting traded will motivate him.

raprap
07-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Spellman was good when I watched the Hawks. Reminds me of a Draymond type of player idk

Miles and Miles
07-08-2019, 05:29 PM
It's stupid to say that GS doesn't make the playoffs. Not sure who's counting them that far out. But Burks is not the answer. He probably won't even play and sit at the end of the bench.

Xiao Yao You
07-08-2019, 06:10 PM
It's stupid to say that GS doesn't make the playoffs. Not sure who's counting them that far out. But Burks is not the answer. He probably won't even play and sit at the end of the bench.

Burks can score the ball. He's athletic and long. I thought the Thunder probably fit him better though

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 06:25 PM
It's also stupid to say Burks sits the bench. :confusedshrug:

Burks can score the ball. He's athletic and long. I thought the Thunder probably fit him better though
Yeah, Burks probably gonna be main 6th man, actually, assuming Liv retires (hurry up and decide, Liv!). GSW has no wing taller than 6'6" besides McKinnie. So gonna be a lot of small wings being rotated in 3 spots. Steph, DLo, J Evans, Poole, GRIII, and Burks all gonna get mins. Probably still McKinnie, too, tho he's outclassed by all of those players, imo. I don't even know who starts at the "SF" spot? GRIII? McKinnie? Jesus, Myers... :facepalm

edit:
seriously the more I think about it, the more I think it's stupid. He loads up on SGs and DLo to shore up the guard position while Klay is out. Did he not think of non-fat forwards at all? A SF/tweener who can actually fill in what Barnes and KD were? Grr...

hold this L
07-08-2019, 06:33 PM
They said Klay is back in 5-7 months a week ago.

Miles and Miles
07-08-2019, 06:37 PM
I'm not going to pretend I am a GSW expert but don't they have Russell and Cook that will play ahead of him? I saw Burke play for the Kings last year and he barely got minutes. I know, I know the Kings don't know what they are doing, etc. He was OK but nothing special.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 06:47 PM
They said Klay is back in 5-7 months a week ago.
Yeah, and agent said it's tilted towards the 7, which is actually realistic. That still puts him to return in Feb/March? So he's playing in maybe 20 games? Still a 45-W team, like I've been saying.

I'm not going to pretend I am a GSW expert but don't they have Russell and Cook that will play ahead of him? I saw Burke play for the Kings last year and he barely got minutes. I know, I know the Kings don't know what they are doing, etc. He was OK but nothing special.
Nah, Cook went to LAL.

GSW guard/wing depth is like this:

wings - McKinnie, Burks, GRIII, Poole, J Evans
points - Steph, DLo, maybe Liv

The rest of the roster is all fat PFs or Cs. Jerebko still un-signed.

RealSkipBayless
07-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Curry
D'lo
Mckinnie
Draymond
Looney

is the lineup for 4 months. Yeah we'll see how deep a hole they will be digging out of for a playoff spot when klay returns. :lol