PDA

View Full Version : Is unbiased and objective conversation possible?

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Real talk.

And yes, I include myself.

No matter how hard I try to be objective, the hate I have for Bran ruining basketball with collusion won't let me see anything positive about him.

But am I being objective and just telling the truth?

I confuse myself sometimes.

I honestly don't even know how to view Bran as simply a basketball player because of all the team hopping, collusion, and elimination of competition through team stacking.

I have no idea because he didn't give me a chance.

Of course there's 2007 and losing as the favorite before his super teams, but he was young and I can overlook that.

I just want him to retire along with super teams so that I can be the objective person I want to be.

Kiddlovesnets
07-08-2019, 05:53 PM
You can’t ask this from others when you are by far the most subjective, biased and misinformed poster on this forum. It’s like Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin asking if world peace is possible.
:rolleyes:

Foster5k
07-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Real talk.

And yes, I include myself.

No matter how hard I try to be objective, the hate I have for Bran ruining basketball with collusion won't let me see anything positive about him.

But am I being objective and just telling the truth?

I honestly don't even know how to view Bran as simply a basketball player because of all the team hopping, collusion, and elimination of competition through team stacking.

I have no idea because he didn't give me a chance.

Of course there's 2007 and losing as the favorite before his super teams, but he was young and I can overlook that.

I just want him to retire along with super teams so that I can be the objective person I want to be.
I'm here to help.

step1: take your meds

step2: hop off lebrons dick

step3: log off ish

ScalsFan21
07-08-2019, 05:57 PM
:lol I think the short answer is no, it really isn't possible.

With them now joining the Nets and making us contenders in 2021, I try my best to forget that for years I've accurately called KD the biggest bitch in league history. I try my best to forget that I view Kyrie as not being a top 25 player... but deep down, I know I still believe those things.

Bias will always come into play.

Shogon
07-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Hahahaha!

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Hahahaha!

What?

He lost as the favorite in the east playoffs multiple times.

Shogon
07-08-2019, 06:39 PM
What?

He lost as the favorite in the east playoffs multiple times.

The way that reads is that he was the favorite in 2007.

If your post meant "losing in 2007 and losing as the favorite in subsequent years" that's one thing, but... it reads as him losing in 2007 as the favorite in the Finals, lol.

And btw, those 2008, 2009, 2010 teams were absolute shit without LeBron and you know it. DOG SHIT.

The playoffs aren't the regular season. Rotations tighten, teams have time to plan for your team specifically. LeBron was absolutely the best player in the league by 2009 without any question whatsoever.

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 06:46 PM
The way that reads is that he was the favorite in 2007.

If your post meant "losing in 2007 and losing as the favorite in subsequent years" that's one thing, but... it reads as him losing in 2007 as the favorite in the Finals, lol.

And btw, those 2008, 2009, 2010 teams were absolute shit without LeBron and you know it. DOG SHIT.

The playoffs aren't the regular season. Rotations tighten, teams have time to plan for your team specifically. LeBron was absolutely the best player in the league by 2009 without any question whatsoever.

Zero objectivity.

Just as I thought.

"His team sucked. He had no help."

As they won 60 games.

Grow up.

Shogon
07-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Zero objectivity.

Just as I thought.

"His team sucked. He had no help."

As they won 60 games.

Grow up.

They won 60+ games in 2010 and like what? Less than 20 in 2011?

Yeah, he had LOADS of help.

Idiot.

Kblaze8855
07-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Unbiased perhaps not but objective....yes.

Some players like Lebron, Mj, and Kobe so take over peoples view of the game they can

Shogon
07-08-2019, 06:53 PM
^

Can you tell me anything about Columbia? Any experience there?

sdot_thadon
07-08-2019, 06:53 PM
So, just so I understand op you're asking if you can have a healthy conversation about something you hold an unhealthy obsession for? :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Idiot.

You've said yourself that you're 6'8 and you have a small p enis.

Not trying to be funny here...

Do you think part of the reason you worship him so much is because he has a small one?

We find things we relate to about players and feel connected.

I like Smart because he has acne.

Kblaze8855
07-08-2019, 06:59 PM
^

Can you tell me anything about Columbia? Any experience there?

Close #3 in the state behind Charleston and Greenville which you have never heard of.

Columbia is only rescued from awful boredom by being a college town. Plenty of work....but less than in Greenville. Less to do than in either of the other two.

I don

Shogon
07-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Well like what do you consider awful boredom? No clubs? I don't know anything about what you like to do in your personal life.

Jasper
07-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Real talk.

pretty much sums it up.

Shogon
07-08-2019, 07:05 PM
You've said yourself that you're 6'8 and you have a small p enis.

Not trying to be funny here...

Do you think part of the reason you worship him so much is because he has a small one?

We find things we relate to about players and feel connected.

I like Smart because he has acne.

I don't actually have a super small *****. It was a bored troll thread.

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 07:09 PM
I don't actually have a super small *****. It was a bored troll thread.

But it's small for a 6'8 frame and it makes you uncomfortable with women.

But dude, the G spot is like 3 inches deep.

Chill.

Shogon
07-08-2019, 07:12 PM
But it's small for a 6'8 frame and it makes you uncomfortable with women.

But dude, the G spot is like 3 inches deep.

Chill.

Do you want to touch it?

Gus Hemmingway
07-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Do you want to touch it?

He sucked a dude off before

I’m sure he’ll do it again for the right price

Kblaze8855
07-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Well like what do you consider awful boredom? No clubs? I don't know anything about what you like to do in your personal life.

I dont really go to clubs unless im on vacation. I meant more....just finding something to do. You have the token college town activities like themed bars and then the other extreme....old white people things you can only do once like visit confederate spots.

For normal "Let get outta the house" shit Charleston and greenville have more options that dont get old. People in columbia drive to the beach...or here. Nobody in charleston or greenville visits columbia once your kids have seen the zoo there.

stalkerforlife
07-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Do you want to touch it?

I'm trying to help you grow as a person, no pun intended.

Can you reach my level of enlightenment and acceptance of self?

tpols
07-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Idiot.

if anything that shit on your point...

how the hell you win more with mo will than dwayne wade?

:biggums:

Wally450
07-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Nothing OP says is objective. Its legit all trolling and hating.

I even see legit haters on Reddit giving LeBron props for his career.

smoovegittar
07-09-2019, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=stalkerforlife]I'm trying to help you grow as a person, no pun intended.

Can you reach my level of enlightenment and acceptance of self?[/QUOT

... and proceeds to post another thread about JIMMER.

Kid, you gotta pay $ if you want sofa time. :facepalm

Andrei89
07-09-2019, 06:06 AM
OP is a big contributor to this forum turning into the shit hole that it is right now.

Literally the worst forum on the internet :lol

Let that sink in people, this social welfare moron destroyed ISH.

90% of the good posters left or barely post anymore

stalkerforlife
07-09-2019, 02:01 PM
OP is a big contributor to this forum turning into the shit hole that it is right now.

Literally the worst forum on the internet :lol

Let that sink in people, this social welfare moron destroyed ISH.

90% of the good posters left or barely post anymore

Are you going to cry?

Did I hurt your wittle Bran feelings?

'Toine=MVP
07-09-2019, 03:20 PM
I think unbiased and objective conversations happen here a decent amount even about controversial figures like LeBron. Of course some people will join in on the conversation who are no unbiased and objective, and that will derail it for some, but people mainly talk around those that think LeBron has a case for the GOAT or those that think he's definitely not a top 10 player. But the majority of this forum thinks he's somewhere between #2 and #8 or 9. And of that majority, probably at least half are sincerely trying to figure out what his legacy really is (i.e. how great he is/was).

Most people don't ignore his meltdowns, or the collusion stuff or FA super team building, or the lack of a compelling narrative that other stars have had in the NBA, or his lack of competition in the East, or his somewhat mediocre championship success rate. But they also don't ignore that he's possibly the most physically gifted player ever and that even if a physically gifted player lacks some of the psychological edge less gifted players possess, he can still end up having a bigger impact on the game than some of those players with the better psyches.

When you find yourself reacting to the LeBron stans, you have already lost. Sure, you'll win the argument you are having, but it won't be a productive discussion. If you want to re-orient yourself in a more objective or unbiased way, I'd suggest picking fights with the most extreme LeBron haters. Figure out where they are going too far and where they are just ignoring too much. And have it out with them. Even if you just take the other side for the sake of the discussion, it might allow you to see things from a different perspective.

'Toine=MVP
07-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Are you going to cry?

Did I hurt your wittle Bran feelings?

If you start from a genuine place of self reflection like it seems you were trying to do at the start of this thread, and end up saying stuff like this, you'll never be the kind of person/debater you want to be. Just ignore them.

Smoke117
07-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Objectivity doesn't matter if you don't know anything about basketball. Stupidity is still stupidity.