PDA

View Full Version : With the Delon Wright signing Mavs are now favorites

90sgoat
07-08-2019, 06:22 PM
The Mavs needed someone to do the dirty defensive work while the maestros Luka, KP and Boban compose.

Current roster:

Delon Wright / Jalen Brunson
Seth Curry / Tim Hardaway Junior
Luka / Dorian Finney Smith
Kristaps / Maxi Kleber
Boban / Powell

:bowdown:

(still fully expect Dragic to be traded to Mavs as part of the Westbrook/Miami trade)

bladefd
07-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Favorites for what?

RealSkipBayless
07-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Favorites for what?
8th seed.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Favorites for the 10th seed?

I do really like the Wright signing. Curry is fine...his contract will look better after this season.

Powell extension probably has a negative EV for the life of the contract unless he improves.

Hardaway isn't what this team needs either.

If they get in on a decent player as part of a dumping ground with the Russ trade...they might be dangerous, but currently...probably out of the playoffs.

90sgoat
07-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Favorites for the 10th seed?

I do really like the Wright signing. Curry is fine...his contract will look better after this season.

Powell extension probably has a negative EV for the life of the contract unless he improves.

Hardaway isn't what this team needs either.

If they get in on a decent player as part of a dumping ground with the Russ trade...they might be dangerous, but currently...probably out of the playoffs.

You're spending too much time with the losers at Reddit. Those idiots think only athletic players with "moves" are good signings.

Luka and KP is a top 5 combo, for sure top 10, in the league if healthy. Center rotation is strong defensively.

Keep in mind Brunson, Kleber, DFS probably will have better seasons.

Of importance is getting rid of THJ and Lee.

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 09:12 PM
You're spending too much time with the losers at Reddit. Those idiots think only athletic players with "moves" are good signings.

Luka and KP is a top 5 combo, for sure top 10, in the league if healthy. Center rotation is strong defensively.

Keep in mind Brunson, Kleber, DFS probably will have better seasons.

Of importance is getting rid of THJ and Lee.

What?

I love Maxi/Brunson/DFS and have been singing their praises for well over a year and I'm very happy they are back.

Delon was a great move with a huge reward.

Curry was ok and Powell probably has negative EV unless he gets better.

I didn't want a big name at all...I would like to see us grab a bad contract for an asset or do something a bit more given the cap space is basically all gone for years now.

But, this is Dallas/Cuban and they/he can't land free agents...so it doesn't matter too much.

However, none of that changes that this team is a fringe playoff contender unless someone on the team makes a leap or they make a big trade with Lee's expiring and or Hardaway.

red1
07-08-2019, 09:46 PM
delon wright is a baller. GREAT signing for the mavs.