PDA

View Full Version : Who had the better motor Westbrook or Michael Jordan?

Vino24
07-08-2019, 10:51 PM
I think Westbrook just edges MJ out. What do you think?

Uncle Drew
07-09-2019, 12:35 AM
Probably Jordan thanks to all the advice given to him by all the car salesmen he played against

SouBeachTalents
07-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Lmao at the alts that voted for Jordan

imdaman99
07-09-2019, 12:39 AM
Westbrook's motor is 2nd to none. He's not nearly as talented or skilled, so his flaws show more.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Westbrook has more horsepower. MJ had more control, refinement, efficiency, etc.

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Westbrook has more horsepower. MJ had more control, refinement, efficiency, etc.

MJ had better handling

Reggie43
07-09-2019, 01:05 AM
Westbrook looks more active but Jordan is smarter at using his energy. At the end of the game when you need a key stop, rebound or hustle play you know MJ is going to get it over anyone.

jstern
07-09-2019, 01:11 AM
I'll give the edge to Westbrook. Jordan has an insane motor that keeps on going longer than everyone on the floor, but he's more composed.

SamuraiSWISH
07-09-2019, 02:19 AM
Basketballs retard Tasmanian Devil? Westbrick.

But the guy who distributes significant amount of effort on the OTHER side of the ball without phoning it in for cheap rebounds. IE the first team all defense guy. Who one time won DPOY and MVP in the same season.

Westbrick is burnt out by the first round. Even playing along side MVP talents and multiple quality role players.

GimmeThat
07-09-2019, 02:20 AM
both have quite the deadly first step, people severely underestimate Westbrook's ability to hit the fade away

Rolando
07-09-2019, 04:37 AM
Defense.

Westbrook has a comparable motor but Jordan wins based on his ability to play with max intensity on both sides of the ball.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2019, 05:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhEXTh5D1b0

^
Charles Barkley was asked this by Dan Patrick.

julizaver
07-09-2019, 07:07 AM
I think Westbrook just edges MJ out. What do you think?

MJ better in everything than Westbrook, called it motor or engine. Bether athlete, stronger, first step, beter endurancy, he played a lot more games and minutes per game. Played both ends of the floor and have 6 full seasons (regular + postseason). The mods should close this thread.

Phoenix
07-09-2019, 07:16 AM
The one who went all out on both sides of the ball at his peak.

paksat
07-09-2019, 09:00 AM
let me know when westbrook jumps on a treadmill and does an all out sprint for 20 minutes like jordan once did

FKAri
07-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Westbrook. MJ was more efficient. Westbrook is constantly expending energy. I don't know about recently but he definitely did it on both ends as well.

let me know when westbrook jumps on a treadmill and does an all out sprint for 20 minutes like jordan once did
Let me know when Jordan defeats a mountain lion in hand to hand combat like Wilt once did.

Vino24
07-09-2019, 10:00 AM
MJ took 2 years off in his absolute prime. Westbrook wins by default

Cali Syndicate
07-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Thats some wilt tall tales bullshit right there. Pretty sad if you believe this.

Marchesk
07-09-2019, 10:10 AM
MJ better in everything than Westbrook, called it motor or engine. Bether athlete, stronger, first step, beter endurancy, he played a lot more games and minutes per game. Played both ends of the floor and have 6 full seasons (regular + postseason). The mods should close this thread.

What makes Jordan a better passer, rebounder or ball handler than Westbrook?

Scoring, defense, BBIQ, clutchness I get, but better at everything?

Vino24
07-09-2019, 10:17 AM

This. So MJ averaged a triple double for a few games cool. Westbrook did it for 3 years :bowdown:

Marchesk
07-09-2019, 10:26 AM
This. So MJ averaged a triple double for a few games cool. Westbrook did it for 3 years :bowdown:

Yeah, I remember back in winter of 2016/17 season when everyone was saying there was no way Russ could keep up a 30 point triple double, because it was too exhausting.

And how the Warriors the previous season wouldn't be able to break the Bulls regular season win record, and they wouldn't even try for it.

And that there was no way Harden could keep up a 36 point average this season.

Phoenix
07-09-2019, 10:36 AM

Comparing their rebounding isn't an apples to apples thing. Westbrook gets at least 3 rebounds a game gifted by his bigs, and he's playing in an era where bigs are being drawn from the basket. I mean he's a good rebounder for a guard in the same way that Jason Kidd or Fat Lever were from the PG spot, but grabbing 10 in this era doesn't mean he's doing that in 1990. Very likely his rebound stats are halved just because of the way the game was played at the time. MJ in this era could probably put up 7-8 a game in the same vein as James Harden without his bigs consciously going out of their way for him. I mean he maxed out at 8rpg in 89 in an era of bigman as it was, and was good for 6-7 a game through his prime and even as an old man in Washington. He was always one of the best rebounding guards in that era and no reason to think that wouldn't be the case today.

I've never seen Westbrook as being an especially great passer either. He's functional as a PG in that regard and with his usage and today's pace he's going to get big assist numbers. MJ's hands allowed him to do a lot of instinctive last second drop off passes once he's pulled the defense towards him near the rim. MJ's passing is one of the more underrated aspects of his game because of his scoring IMO.

SouBeachTalents
07-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I remember back in winter of 2016/17 season when everyone was saying there was no way Russ could keep up a 30 point triple double, because it was too exhausting.

And how the Warriors the previous season wouldn't be able to break the Bulls regular season win record, and they wouldn't even try for it.

And that there was no way Harden could keep up a 36 point average this season.
And then once they accomplish it, it gets dismissed

AirFederer
07-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Well what car does Brick drive?

jayfan
07-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Higher & better are two different things.

Jordan had a better motor.

SpaceJam2
07-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Not the MLB load management guy :lol

jayfan
07-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Not the MLB load management guy :lol

Good. So you'd take Westbrook over Jordan, then?