PDA

View Full Version : Which version of the Lakers is better?

superduper
07-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Vujacic
Farmar
Adam Morrison
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell
Chris Mihm
Mbenga
Radmanovic
Sun Yue
Walton
Rookie Bynum
Lamar "What happened to him after Kobe again?" Odom
Ron "Beg naked Kobe in the shower" Artest
Pau "0-16" Gasol

vs.

Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Kuzma
Danny Green
Avery Bradley
Andre Iguodala
Ketavious Caldwell Pope
Alex Caruso
Javale McGee
Quinn Cook
Jared Dudley

Please keep in mind that one of the two rosters above won the NBA Championship, can you guess which one?

Discuss please.

BigKobeFan
07-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Team 2 is championship or bust

superduper
07-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Team 2 is championship or bust

No but like seriously. Look at the difference between those 2 teams :biggums:

There is no way in any universe anybody would be able to carry the top team to the finals let alone win the fcking chip.

RIGHT?!? :biggums:

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 11:37 AM
These rosters are factually inaccurate.

The top roster should have Lamar Odom + Derek Fisher and bottom roster shouldn't have Andre Iguodala.

Shogon
07-09-2019, 11:46 AM
These rosters are factually inaccurate.

The top roster should have Lamar Odom + Derek Fisher and bottom roster shouldn't have Andre Iguodala.

:applause: :applause:

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 11:49 AM
For the sake of legitimacy, I'd ask you to update the first roster.

Chris Mihm and Vlad Rad never won a championship in their careers, period. Not with the Lakers or any other team. Also Rookie Bynum? Who do you think you're fooling?

Also I'm trying to understand why you left Fisher and Odom off the list? In order to make the team look worse than it was?

Just be legitimate in your arguments and you'd be surprised how many people would agree with you.

YES, this current roster is a better select group of players than the Lakers roster was in 2009 (Ariza) and 2010 (Artest). Bynum was NOT the player he ended up becoming during those years, as he was dealing with injuries. He averaged 6ppg in 2009 playoffs and 8ppg in 2010 playoffs, that's fact.

Odom was an amazing 6th man for us, having him play the Manu role off the bench imo was one of the better decisions Phil made for that group. He led that 2nd unit as if he was the star of the team.

Pau was at his absolute peak...but that pales in comparison to AD, who might very well go down as an all time great.

The 09 and 10 teams were built correctly around Kobe, put players in each position that perfectly complimented his play style. As big as Artest was in the finals, I think the better decision would have been to keep Ariza who at the time was a ****ING BEAST, I can't tell you how much I loved Ariza in a Lakers uniform...but this current group has bigger names and better players, it just is what it is.

bobopenguin
07-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Vujacic
Farmar
Adam Morrison
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell
Chris Mihm
Mbenga
Radmanovic
Sun Yue
Walton
Rookie Bynum
Ron "Beg naked Kobe in the shower" Artest
Pau "0-16" Gasol

vs.

Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Kuzma
Danny Green
Avery Bradley
Andre Iguodala
Ketavious Caldwell Pope
Alex Caruso
Javale McGee
Quinn Cook
Jared Dudley

Please keep in mind that one of the two rosters above won the NBA Championship, can you guess which one?

Discuss please.

these 3.. i swear, worst ever.

Sun Yue's entire NBA career.

https://i.ibb.co/2yYQVDR/sun-yue.jpg

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Lamar Odom averaged a near triple double off the bench in 2010. 11/10/8.

Imagine having that in your 2nd unit. Crazy stuff.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Kobe > Lebron (even if you don't agree all time, we're comparing 30/31 Kobe to 35 Lebron)
Gasol < AD
Artest/Ariza = Green
Fisher < Rondo
Bynum < Cousins
Odom > Kuzma (Kuzma better scorer, but Odom overall)

So this current group has the advantage with the starters + 6th man (3 better, 1 equal, 2 worse).

After that, all the current players are better than the guys that filled out those 09 and 10 rosters. Easily and inarguable.

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Kobe > Lebron (even if you don't agree all time, we're comparing 30/31 Kobe to 35 Lebron)
Gasol < AD
Artest/Ariza = Green
Fisher < Rondo
Bynum < Cousins
Odom > Kuzma (Kuzma better scorer, but Odom overall)

After that, all the current players are better than the guys that filled out those 09 and 10 rosters.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Ariza and Artest were both DRAMATICALLY better defenders than current Danny Green.

Derek Fisher is a legendary clutch shooter. Has Rondo ever hit a clutch jumphot in his career? :lol

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Ariza and Artest were both DRAMATICALLY better defenders than current Danny Green.

Derek Fisher is a legendary clutch shooter. Has Rondo ever hit a clutch jumphot in his career? :lol

I mean I'm glad he hit like 5 timely shots in his 20 year career in which he averaged 8ppg on 38%..for his CAREER :oldlol:

Derek ClutchGawd Fisher :bowdown:

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDhWNdEZBSk

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Are you gonna update your false rosters? You know the one that left off a guy averaging a triple double off the bench? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Fixed bro, and the roster is still complete trash :oldlol:

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDhWNdEZBSk

He hit a 3 up 7 points.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:05 PM
He hit a 3 up 7 points.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh shit that's not the play I wanted LOLLLL.

**** it too lazy.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Right, but you're looking at their careers which is exactly what we are not doing.

Fisher shot 39% from the field and 28% from 3pt during the 2009 playoffs. In 2010, he was the man.

That's a wash and I shouldn't be including Rondo since apparently Lebron will be starting PG, I just wanted to have someone to compare to Fisher.

Feel free to give Fish the dub there, this current roster is still better.

As far as Ariza and Artest being DRAMATICALLY BETTER DEFENDERS, since when did Green lose his elite defense status?

Ariza was absolute fire in 2009, that boy was hitting shots at a high clip and playing lock down defense, particularly well against Denver. Still, I'm not sure if that gives him the nod over Green, but I'll give you that one.

Although Artest? Other than the one three he his in game 7 against Boston...he was bad. I mean that, you can go look up his statistics. I know stats don't tell the whole story...but believe it coming from a Lakers fan who saw every Lakers playoff game during those years, Ariza was by far the better player.

So to conclude:

Fisher 2009 ass, Fisher 2010 yum

Ariza 2009 yuuummmmm, Artest 2010 ass.

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Right, but you're looking at their careers which is exactly what we are not doing.

Fisher shot 39% from the field and 28% from 3pt during the 2009 playoffs. In 2010, he was the man.

That's a wash and I shouldn't be including Rondo since apparently Lebron will be starting PG, I just wanted to have someone to compare to Fisher.

Feel free to give Fish the dub there, this current roster is still better.

As far as Ariza and Artest being DRAMATICALLY BETTER DEFENDERS, since when did Green lose his elite defense status?

Ariza was absolute fire in 2009, that boy was hitting shots at a high clip and playing lock down defense, particularly well against Denver. Still, I'm not sure if that gives him the nod over Green, but I'll give you that one.

Although Artest? Other than the one three he his in game 7 against Boston...he was bad. I mean that, you can go look up his statistics. I know stats don't tell the whole story...but believe it coming from a Lakers fan who saw every Lakers playoff game during those years, Ariza was by far the better player.

So to conclude:

Fisher 2009 ass, Fisher 2010 yum

Ariza 2009 yuuummmmm, Artest 2010 ass.

That roster the OP is referencing is 2010.

Artest in 2010 hit the shot that essentially won them the title in game 7. Definitely not ass.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Mind you, I love those 09 and 10 Lakers teams.

Easily my favorite group of guys all time, it was truly fun watching basketball at that time for Lakers fans. But to act like they were this stacked team is foolish. It was Kobe, Pau, and Odom that were the core of the team. As much as we all love Fisher, he's as replaceable as it gets talent wise. It's the fact that he was a Phil guy and knew the triangle so well that he was chosen to start at PG for those teams, that and the history he had with Kobe.

It truly was a feel good team. Good times, man.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 12:16 PM
That roster the OP is referencing is 2010.

Artest in 2010 hit the shot that essentially won them the title in game 7. Definitely not ass.

And what else did he do? Is there anything else you remember him doing?

The two memorable plays I have of Artest from those playoffs:

game 7 three pointer, and against Phoenix the tip in that won us the game. He had 4 pts that game, btw. Without his bucket game goes to OT.

Other than that, he was inefficient, he was turning the ball over (particularly vs Boston)...you can reference defense but Green gives you the same elite defense plus efficient shooting.

TommyGriffin
07-09-2019, 12:17 PM
The 2008-10 Lakers were considered to be an EXTREMELY well-constructed team, particularly for that time period.

It was all about bigs. You needed to have multiple high-level big men just to have a chance back in that day. And the trio of Gasol, Bynum, and Odom was unmatched.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 12:25 PM
The 2008-10 Lakers were considered to be an EXTREMELY well-constructed team, particularly for that time period.

It was all about bigs. You needed to have multiple high-level big men just to have a chance back in that day. And the trio of Gasol, Bynum, and Odom was unmatched.

Particularly because the players on that team complimented Kobe's game so well, not because of that time period. That time period still had the elite Suns with Nash/Amare/Marion, the Spurs, Lebron and his 61 win squad, the absolutely STACKED Denver Nuggets...

The trio of Gasol/Bynum/Odom? Bynum was injured the last month of that regular season ffs, he didn't play. He came back for the playoffs and was VISIBLY playing injured.

Go and see for yourself god damn it, I'm not pulling this shit from my ass. In the finals, last 4 games:

Game 4: 2 pts, 3 rebs, 12 mins played
Game 5: 6 pts, 1 rebound, 32 mins played
Game 6: 2 pts, 4 rebs, 15 mins played
Game 7: 2 pts, 6 rebs, 18 mins played

Gasol? Played his heart out. ****ing KILLED IT. How does he compare to AD (remember...that's what we are doing in this thread, that's the whole point)?

Odom was brilliant, I already gave him his big ups.

superduper
07-09-2019, 12:27 PM
The fact that people even have the gall to call that Lakers team "stacked" is beyond comprehension :facepalm

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Bynum had a respectable series against OKC. Nothing special, but he was efficient and played well.

Other than that? He had 1 big game against the Jazz and 1 big game against the Celtics in game 2 (which we lost, btw). Other than that he was visibly injured and not himself.

And that's talking 2010 specifically. Don't even mention 2009 Bynum to me man, don't talk to me about that bro. Big boy was injured asf.

Bankaii
07-09-2019, 01:29 PM
A player's word is law right? Y'all were praising Chuck when he said Kobe>Lebron, so you agree with this too right?:oldlol:

https://youtu.be/E05EXo_e6lQ