PDA

View Full Version : Zion is not as good as Luka, but..

90sgoat
07-09-2019, 01:29 PM
He is a fun guy to watch even highlight.

I think of him as Shawn Kemp without the jump shot.

Haymaker
07-09-2019, 02:18 PM
But Shawn Kemp was a fundamentally sound player when he came in. He could shoot the midrange, pass, rebound, had good post game and was a defensive force. Zion is RAW. He dominated kids in College.

superduper
07-09-2019, 02:30 PM
But Shawn Kemp was a fundamentally sound player when he came in. He could shoot the midrange, pass, rebound, had good post game and was a defensive force. Zion is RAW. He dominated kids in College.

It seems like players back then were more fundamentally sound coming into the league whereas players these days think that their athletic stiff arming and travelling will be enough..

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2019, 02:39 PM
You can criticize his fundamentals all you want but he's still going to do 20 and 12 next season.

90sgoat
07-09-2019, 02:40 PM
You can criticize his fundamentals all you want but he's still going to do 20 and 12 next season.

Lol no.

15-8 or something like that.

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Lol no.

15-8 or something like that.He's built to dominate the offensive board (and rebound in general). And he's an effort player. If he only gets 8 board it's because he's averaging 20 minutes. No one is keeping that guy off the glass.

bullettooth
07-09-2019, 02:47 PM
It seems like players back then were more fundamentally sound coming into the league whereas players these days think that their athletic stiff arming and travelling will be enough..

Hey, it's been working for LeBron for 16 years....

90sgoat
07-09-2019, 05:08 PM
He's built to dominate the offensive board (and rebound in general). And he's an effort player. If he only gets 8 board it's because he's averaging 20 minutes. No one is keeping that guy off the glass.

Yeah, that's where you're wrong I think.

I watched him play in that game and he is still only 6'6'' and doesn't have the positioning yet to make up for it. He is up against athletic 7 footers now.

smoovegittar
07-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Funny, all this hype about Zion. Reminder: Blake Griffin doesn't have a ring.

superduper
07-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Zion has great drive and will. He's already better than Wiggins in my eyes simply because of that but there is no doubt that he will get exposed ala Ben Simmons. At least Zion isn't scared to shoot the 3 so that's a plus, but those shot mechanics... my god I don't think I've seen anything worse in my life. All the way from the wind up to the release, disgusting.

If he follows a Kawhi arc with his jumper improvement :eek: