PDA

View Full Version : SAS: If Lebron and MJ played at the same time, Lebron would not be Lebron

egokiller
07-10-2019, 09:24 AM
https://youtu.be/dtsA3L3p49w

Never forget. SAS is spot on. Based on what we know about these 2 players, Lebron would have never recovered from 2011.

Another one

warriorfan
07-10-2019, 09:27 AM
LeBron has been psychologically abused by guys like Jason Terry. Jordan would have ran him out of the league.

bullettooth
07-10-2019, 10:10 AM
SAS: LeBron, what you gonna do about this guy (MJ)?
LeBron: Yo, MJ come join the Lakers, we got a spot for you!

Wally450
07-10-2019, 10:28 AM
LeBron has been psychologically abused by guys like Jason Terry. Jordan would have ran him out of the league.

Just like MJ ran himself out of the league twice?

superduper
07-10-2019, 10:35 AM
SAS: LeBron, what you gonna do about this guy (MJ)?
LeBron: Yo, MJ come join the Lakers, we got a spot for you!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sdot_thadon
07-10-2019, 10:56 AM
might be right, but I doubt Mj is "the" Mj still if he played in the same era as Lebron either. go figure.

Marchesk
07-10-2019, 01:48 PM
If Shaq and Wilt played at the same time, Shaq wouldn't be Superman.

Andrei89
07-10-2019, 02:20 PM

Aren’t you a Kobe stan?

That same season Terry scored 19 ppg on Kobe in the playoffs ayee lmaoo

FKAri
07-10-2019, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Andrei89]Aren

superduper
07-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Aren’t you a Kobe stan?

That same season Terry scored 19 ppg on Kobe in the playoffs ayee lmaoo

Who had more PPG in that series, Terry or Kobe?
Who had more PPG in the finals, Terry or LeGOAT?

I look forward to the haters ignoring this cold hard ether.

warriorfan
07-10-2019, 03:30 PM

R.I.P.

Hey Yo
07-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Wasn't Terry Kobe's defensive assignment? Why did Kobe let him shoot 58% from the field and 68% from 3 while getting swept?

r0drig0lac
07-10-2019, 04:54 PM
might be right, but I doubt Mj is "the" Mj still if he played in the same era as Lebron either. go figure.
why?

SpaceJam2
07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
So does MJ play against milkmen and mechancis again in this scenario or are we talking modern athlete era?

Because if MJ disbhave to play in the modern era he would not be "MJ" he would be...DeMar

Leviathon1121
07-10-2019, 05:38 PM
So does MJ play against milkmen and mechancis again in this scenario or are we talking modern athlete era?

Because if MJ disbhave to play in the modern era he would not be "MJ" he would be...DeMar
Isn

bullettooth
07-10-2019, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Leviathon1121]Isn

Replay32
07-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Yep.

"It is not defeat that destroys you,it is being demoralized by defeat that destroy you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QTiByTKaI

Manny98
07-10-2019, 08:02 PM
He's right LeBron would look like a God amongst men in the grocery bagger/car mechanic era

Imagine LeBron being checked by Jeff Hornacek and Craig Ehlo every night instead of the Kawhi Leonards and the Igoudalas of the world :eek:

superduper
07-10-2019, 08:26 PM
He's right LeBron would look like a God amongst men in the grocery bagger/car mechanic era

Imagine LeBron being checked by Jeff Hornacek and Craig Ehlo every night instead of the Kawhi Leonards and the Igoudalas of the world :eek:

Let me guess you're this cringe irl too

ZMonkey11
07-10-2019, 08:36 PM

MJ tried to destroy everyone. He wanted them at their best so he could say he curb stomped them at their best.

Why would that change? Kobe didn't change when LeBron entered the league. He won two championships with LeBron in his prime.

sdot_thadon
07-11-2019, 12:32 AM
MJ tried to destroy everyone. He wanted them at their best so he could say he curb stomped them at their best.

Why would that change? Kobe didn't change when LeBron entered the league. He won two championships with LeBron in his prime.

why?
I didn't refer to him being any different as a player, "The" was a reference to the character he'd become. I know when Mj played he was the only show in town, as in other guys could dunk, but nobody was as amazing as Mj. Without going into every facet of his game he was unique. Regardless of how you feel about Lebron he was a pretty "amazing" type of player throughout his career. I'll make a few points so you can understand the train of thought.

They'd both have been doing things previously unseen on a night to night basis. It'd be the "next magic and bird".

If by same time we mean same draft? There's a possibility Lebron even gets drafted before Mj due to the unprecedented hype. He wouldn't get drafted before any bigs though :oldlol:

Are we assuming Lebron plays for the Cavs also? Because then he's a best in the league level player being added to a solid contender. Maybe he wins a chip before Mj and defuses the entire Jordan era.

Or, we the imagineers can assume Mj destroys his spirit somehow and Lebron becomes another Charles Smith instead of a top 5 player to ever live lol. I don't think this is as likely an outcome however.

Long story short you can play the possibilities however you choose in these sort of hypotheticals but I'm of the way of thinking that says great players will be great whenever, wherever they play.

Sportal
07-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Stephen A. also thought the Knicks would have a line-up of Kyrie/Zion/KD.

LeBron would have done whatever the **** he wanted, in any age of basketball. End. Of. Story.

Leviathon1121
07-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Stephen A. also thought the Knicks would have a line-up of Kyrie/Zion/KD.

LeBron would have done whatever the **** he wanted, in any age of basketball. End. Of. Story.
So he wanted to have the worst choke of any top 10 player in the history of the game? Interesting.

GimmeThat
07-11-2019, 01:58 AM
it's like SAS got MJ ramming the butthole he's been fingering a bit, and he starts stroking, while Lebron approaches him, pulls it out, he starts pondering "I know sucking Lebron pleases big daddy MJ, but see, I really want MJ's load instead of Lebron cus it's just aged a bit more, with that extra spunk to it, so let me fondle Lebron's *******, and let him smear that c*ck all over my face, and let me push right back into MJ's c*ck, and just maybe, just maybe if I pleased MJ so well that he shot right inside my magical tight butthole, can I think straight again"

And1AllDay
07-11-2019, 03:04 AM

big fax :applause:

And1AllDay
07-11-2019, 03:05 AM
it's like SAS got MJ ramming the butthole he's been fingering a bit, and he starts stroking, while Lebron approaches him, pulls it out, he starts pondering "I know sucking Lebron pleases big daddy MJ, but see, I really want MJ's load instead of Lebron cus it's just aged a bit more, with that extra spunk to it, so let me fondle Lebron's *******, and let him smear that c*ck all over my face, and let me push right back into MJ's c*ck, and just maybe, just maybe if I pleased MJ so well that he shot right inside my magical tight butthole, can I think straight again"

:biggums: :biggums:

Bawkish
07-11-2019, 04:37 AM
If Lebron played during MJ's era, he'll be Antoine Walker at best

Manny98
07-11-2019, 05:29 AM
Let me guess you're this cringe irl too
Bro your like 35 years old trolling on a message board all day :oldlol:

Phoenix
07-11-2019, 07:07 AM

........................What just happened?

egokiller
07-11-2019, 09:04 AM

Except you don't need the Kawhi Leonards and the Igoudalas of the world to stop Lebron, JJ Berea confirmed this in 2011.

r0drig0lac
07-11-2019, 09:23 AM
I didn't refer to him being any different as a player, "The" was a reference to the character he'd become. I know when Mj played he was the only show in town, as in other guys could dunk, but nobody was as amazing as Mj. Without going into every facet of his game he was unique. Regardless of how you feel about Lebron he was a pretty "amazing" type of player throughout his career. I'll make a few points so you can understand the train of thought.

They'd both have been doing things previously unseen on a night to night basis. It'd be the "next magic and bird".

If by same time we mean same draft? There's a possibility Lebron even gets drafted before Mj due to the unprecedented hype. He wouldn't get drafted before any bigs though :oldlol:

Are we assuming Lebron plays for the Cavs also? Because then he's a best in the league level player being added to a solid contender. Maybe he wins a chip before Mj and defuses the entire Jordan era.

Or, we the imagineers can assume Mj destroys his spirit somehow and Lebron becomes another Charles Smith instead of a top 5 player to ever live lol. I don't think this is as likely an outcome however.

Long story short you can play the possibilities however you choose in these sort of hypotheticals but I'm of the way of thinking that says great players will be great whenever, wherever they play.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/cdab26d915794643557eccfd1dc316e5/tenor.gif

Bronbron23
07-11-2019, 09:38 AM
I think neither would be as big if they played in the same era. I see mj getting the best of LeBron but I could still see LeBron taking a chip or 2 from mj. Maybe Bron gets 2 and mj 4 or maybe 1 for Bron and 5 for Mike. Either way it would diminish each player as far as chips and it would probably knock Mike off of the consensus goat title putting him being Kareem and tied with magic

Phoenix
07-11-2019, 10:09 AM
I do have one question. If we're simply transposing Lebron as he is into 1990, which team is built best for him? Because history has shown us that he works best with 3/D guys, shooters on either wing that he can drive and kick off to. Who in the 90's best allows him to play as he does now without making major modifications to how he approaches the game. This is a genuine question of interest, and I'd be impressed if I get one reasonably intelligent no-agenda, non trolling, non-emotive based conversation going.

And1AllDay
07-11-2019, 10:52 AM
I do have one question. If we're simply transposing Lebron as he is into 1990, which team is built best for him? Because history has shown us that he works best with 3/D guys, shooters on either wing that he can drive and kick off to. Who in the 90's best allows him to play as he does now without making major modifications to how he approaches the game. This is a genuine question of interest, and I'd be impressed if I get one reasonably intelligent no-agenda, non trolling, non-emotive based conversation going.

can 90s guys shoot tho :oldlol:

im sure he would be banging down low in the weak skilled 90s

imagine a physical lebron with his strength and size and speed combo

the better question is If we're simply transposing Mike as he is into 2010, which team is built best for him? Because history has shown us that he works best with multiple all nba defense players and goat coach while beating up on 10 ppg finals #2 options. he wouldnt be in the milkman 10 ppg era anymore

And1AllDay
07-11-2019, 10:54 AM

big mic drop fr

mike was held to 27 on 41% vs payton ( a decent perim defender) so imagine what kawhi and iggy and klay are holding him to

this is 2010+ not the 90s bois

Phoenix
07-11-2019, 11:56 AM
can 90s guys shoot tho :oldlol:

im sure he would be banging down low in the weak skilled 90s

imagine a physical lebron with his strength and size and speed combo

the better question is If we're simply transposing Mike as he is into 2010, which team is built best for him? Because history has shown us that he works best with multiple all nba defense players and goat coach while beating up on 10 ppg finals #2 options. he wouldnt be in the milkman 10 ppg era anymore

And we see that Lebron works best through multiple collusions and team hopping. We also see that he doesn't work against teams featuring Jason Terry and JJ. Barea.

Soooooo as I requested, reasonably intelligent, no-agenda, non-emotive, non stan replies. Thanks....

sdot_thadon
07-11-2019, 12:44 PM
I always imagine him playing for the Cavs of that era. It would make them an instant threat. He'd have 2 pretty good 3pt shooter in Price and Ehlo several good frontcourt players as well. But I mean drop him on any random team and the results could be just as random. Not every team had shooters but decent ones had one or 2. The big gap in this line of thinking is that he'd still need 3 point shooting around him to be effective.

There were plenty of guys whom were worse players than Lebron who could get to the rim in the 80s~90s. And drive and kick existed then too, It was just for mid range spot ups instead of 3 point ones. He'd have all the same tools at his disposal just slightly different scenarios. Early in his career he was pretty good at also getting buckets out of below average bigmen. But imagine if Don Nelson got a hold of him back then?? He had the creative genius/gimmickry to figure out some crazy use in that era.

Phoenix
07-11-2019, 12:55 PM
I always imagine him playing for the Cavs of that era. It would make them an instant threat. He'd have 2 pretty good 3pt shooter in Price and Ehlo several good frontcourt players as well. But I mean drop him on any random team and the results could be just as random. Not every team had shooters but decent ones had one or 2. The big gap in this line of thinking is that he'd still need 3 point shooting around him to be effective.

There were plenty of guys whom were worse players than Lebron who could get to the rim in the 80s~90s. And drive and kick existed then too, It was just for mid range spot ups instead of 3 point ones. He'd have all the same tools at his disposal just slightly different scenarios. Early in his career he was pretty good at also getting buckets out of below average bigmen. But imagine if Don Nelson got a hold of him back then?? He had the creative genius/gimmickry to figure out some crazy use in that era.

Interesting post. Let's put him on Cleveland in 1990. How does his presence affect someone like Mark Price as the team's PG? Yes, Price could play off the ball as a spot shooter but he probably would have had his game altered to a degree that he wouldn't have been considered quite the upper echelon PG he was at the time. Lebron worked with Kyrie because he was an iso-centric scoring point who you could let do his thing to spell Bron; Price isn't that kind of player. How is Daugherty impacted? Bosh and Love moved away from the basket( Love especially) to open up driving lanes. Do you see that happening with someone like Brad Daugherty? How's his game impacted by Lebron?

I think it's more likely that his game is different than we know it to be. At 6'8 and 270, he probably would have been developed moreso as a power forward. Maybe he'd have been a Barkley/Malone hybrid. This is assuming he comes up in that era, and not some kind of 'back to the future' scenario where you take 2010 Bron and simply dump him into 1990 without considering all the influences he'd have had coming along.

TheMan
07-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Those were SGs you idiot, of course they wouldn't have defended LeBron, MJ was a 6'6 SG, LBJ is a 6'8 forward, he would've been defended by other forwards like Pippen, Rodman, Mason, McDaniel, Mahorn, Oakley, Hill etc...hell I bet even centers like Robinson and Mourning can D up older LeBron.

Even if MJ and LeBron aren't in the same position, I bet MJ would do a better job of defending LeBron than LeBron on MJ, this is a guy that couldn't stop Terry from abusing him and even saw fatass Boris Diaw on him, in his fukking prime no less :roll:

sdot_thadon
07-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Interesting post. Let's put him on Cleveland in 1990. How does his presence affect someone like Mark Price as the team's PG? Yes, Price could play off the ball as a spot shooter but he probably would have had his game altered to a degree that he wouldn't have been considered quite the upper echelon PG he was at the time. Lebron worked with Kyrie because he was an iso-centric scoring point who you could let do his thing to spell Bron; Price isn't that kind of player. How is Daugherty impacted? Bosh and Love moved away from the basket( Love especially) to open up driving lanes. Do you see that happening with someone like Brad Daugherty? How's his game impacted by Lebron?
If he's there as a rookie Price is going to run Wilken's offense for sure. That's another thing to consider, he'd have a hall of fame coach out of the gate. If his skills were as touted coming into the 1990 league as they were the 2003 version then he handles the ball at some point. He and Price would look similar to Rondo and Lebron without the refusal to take open shots by Price.....in other words i think it could work but there's no guarantee 1990's philosophy would be open to a 6'8 ball handler not named Magic or Larry. Daugherty would mostly be untouched aside from actual fga i think. Not many bigs ventured farther out than 12-15 ft on offense so Lebron would work with the same spacing everyone else had. (unless that Don Nelson guy got a hold of him) 2 bigs near the basket and illegal defense rules, no zone. Would Brad devolve from an allstar? Who knows but we both know Lebron would be the better guy to waste touches on.

Now if we're dropping prime Lebron into 90 that changes alot. He'd be a basketball alien to most of those guys so im sure he'd get to play however he chose.

I think it's more likely that his game is different than we know it to be. At 6'8 and 270, he probably would have been developed moreso as a power forward. Maybe he'd have been a Barkley/Malone hybrid. This is assuming he comes up in that era, and not some kind of 'back to the future' scenario where you take 2010 Bron and simply dump him into 1990 without considering all the influences he'd have had coming along.
This is a strong possibility. I did consider that in my original post but didn't go into it. If they did the 90s thing and pegged his bodytype into a position then he's a Pf and he'd be an absolute monster. To keep it short it was his best position during his prime even though he resisted playing it often. He was too fast for modern mobile pf to guard and just as strong as they were. I feel like the 90s pf were even less mobile and he'd be able to get anything he wanted against them. He would take a beating and whose to say his body would hold up but i imagine he'd do great things.

Another thing i thought of when you aksed the question was dropping him into 1985 same year as Mj and if you keep his career path the same team wise it's pretty interesting. Was a bit bored so i took a look at it.

1985-1991 Cavs

85 and 86 season- basement
87 Season - gets rookie Daugherty, Harper, Hot Rod, Price and 3rd year Ehlo- not a bad draft haul. Along with Wilkens as coach.
88 Season - same squad plus a young dell curry. made the playoffs without Lebron 1st rd exit. Lebron made a finals run with a worse Cavs team this year if his career.
89 Season - same core. 1st rd exit without Lebron.
90 Season - Traded Harper away 1st rd exit without Lebron. 09 mvp Lebron would play for this team.
91 Season - Same core with Price going down early in the season. 2010 Mvp Lebron this time around.

1992 - 1995 Heat
(i know 2 stars are supposed be added but for this scenario just looking at the roster)
I'd guess he'd handle the ball here but he'd have Seikley, Rice and Rookie Steve Smith as teammates. Could go well or could go terrible. Or could go great if you assume another top 5 guy( think barkely/Robinson/dream etc) and a 2nd tier allstar go to miami as well, maybe history changes.

1996 - 1999 Cavs
Would be interesting and terrible at the same time. He'd be there to be the veteran teammate to Cavs guys who actually were that role for him. The teams wouldn't be enough to compete with the elite 90s squads. But there would be at least one lob to burger Kemp. I doubt trading for an allstar pf would help much either. Wasted seasons.

2000- ? Lakers
Joining the Lakers with Prime Shaq and young Kobe to close his career? That would be overload. Probably the greatest team ever. But how incredible would the media dirt be?

egokiller
07-11-2019, 03:34 PM
I think neither would be as big if they played in the same era. I see mj getting the best of LeBron but I could still see LeBron taking a chip or 2 from mj. Maybe Bron gets 2 and mj 4 or maybe 1 for Bron and 5 for Mike. Either way it would diminish each player as far as chips and it would probably knock Mike off of the consensus goat title putting him being Kareem and tied with magic

How is a guy who doesn't know how to lose in the finals (proven on 6 different occasions) going to magically lose to a guy who is a known 6 time finals loser?

MJ isn't loosing shit to Lebron in any era. Their finals win/loss records enables us to make this strong conclusion.

We can run all these various scenarios to justify a weak stance that MJ may lose, but the fact that MJ never allowed a game 6 awhile lebron lost 6 different times is all we need to know.

Phoenix
07-11-2019, 03:59 PM
sdot_thadon, some quick points:

- I suspect Price and Daughterty would remain good players next to Lebron, don't know about all-stars. I don't think you can have Lebron there without some level of impact to their own games, since Bron would be the best of the three and they'd need to subjugate themselves to some extent. How it all comes together is anyone's guess in terms of team success. I don't see Bron and Daughterty having a big-time 2-man game like a Shaq/Penny, mostly because Daughtery obviously wasn't remotely as dominant a center as Shaq. Personally I think Lebron in the 90's would be better off on a team like the Sonics, the Suns or playing under Don Nelson on those high scoring Run TMC Warrior teams. He'd be like a Super-Pippen on teams like that.

- There's going to be a ripple effect placing Lebron in 1985. Depending on the impact he has there's a chance the Cavs picks over the next 5 years don't pan out as they actually did. One, we don't know exactly how good/bad the Cavs will be in order to get the number one pick. Next, with him onboard we don't know exactly what drafting logic is applied. Maybe they grab Daughtery if the opportunity is there since getting a potentially all-star big was the practice, but we don't know how the other picks pan out. Of course, Lebron actually being drafted to Cleveland in and of itself falls squarely on the hypothetical side. I mean the odds of his career starting in 85 and travelling the same trajectory( 2 stincts in Cleveland, 4 in Miami, ending on the Lakers) is extremely unlikely. It's fun to speculate, but also bear in mind that player movement was less frequent back then so it's more likely Lebron plays for one team, especially if he's successful with that team. Lebron's career path as we know it is routed in player movement-friendly rules and the AAU mindset that wouldn't exist in 1990. Just some food for thought...

SpaceJam2
07-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Well since LBJ is better than MJ put him on the Bulls. Duh

Kerr
LeBron
Pippen
Kukoc
Rodman

ANDDD

He wouldnt leave to play baseball like a moron, so...

Turbo Slayer
07-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Mj the goat 6-6 finals Kobe the 2nd Lebron, out of the top 20. 3-6 Kobe is more clutch than Lebron and has more rings. Case closed. :roll:

Bronbron23
07-11-2019, 05:10 PM
big mic drop fr

mike was held to 27 on 41% vs payton ( a decent perim defender) so imagine what kawhi and iggy and klay are holding him to

Pretty sure a slower less skilled version of Mike just dominated the post season but whatever makes you feel better buddy

And1AllDay
07-12-2019, 11:24 AM
big mic drop fr

address anyone
?

Showtime80'
07-12-2019, 12:47 PM
LOL at the Gary Payton "held" a 32 y/o Michael Jordan to 27ppg on 41% narrative!

The Sonics that year were the 2nd best defensive team in the NBA holding teams to 97ppg on 44% shooting, something neither the Raptors or Warriors even sniff at even with elite defenders like Kawhi, Iggy and Klay. He had a bad 3 game stretch against a top defensive team, it happens.

Check out his averages from 1988 to 1991 against the most INTIMIDATING, physical and just plain violent defense in NBA history during their peak, having a PRIME Dennis Rodman and Joe Dumars as his primary defenders while having to go down the lane with Laimbeer, Salley, Mahorn and Edwards ready to take his head off:

30 ppg 49%
7 rbs
7 assts
2 stls
1 blk

Can you imagine what ANY of the soft manufactured rule enhanced modern day "stars" like LeBald, Westbrick, Stephy, Giannis, Harden or Kawhi with their limited offensive games and no artificial rules to protect them would do in place of MJ against those Bad Boy Pistons WITHOUT any spacing and 10 fold the physicality.

Address anyone?

SpaceJam2
07-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Well since LBJ is better than MJ put him on the Bulls. Duh

Kerr
LeBron
Pippen
Kukoc
Rodman

ANDDD

He wouldnt leave to play baseball like a moron, so...

Address anyone?.?

The Iron Fist
07-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Lebron played the same time as lebron and still didnt become what they wanted him to be. Became a six time loser instead.

Bronbron23
07-12-2019, 01:05 PM
How is a guy who doesn't know how to lose in the finals (proven on 6 different occasions) going to magically lose to a guy who is a known 6 time finals loser?

MJ isn't loosing shit to Lebron in any era. Their finals win/loss records enables us to make this strong conclusion.

We can run all these various scenarios to justify a weak stance that MJ may lose, but the fact that MJ never allowed a game 6 awhile lebron lost 6 different times is all we need to know.
I think the key sentence is losing in the finals. They wouldn't meet in the finals. They both played in the east and mj has certainly lost to some really good teams in the east. Mj has never faced a player like LeBron or even Wade for that matter there's no way to know if he'd be able to consistently beat LeBron's Miami heat team or not. Like i said I think mj gets the better of LeBron but to think LeBron and that beat team wouldn't have a chance is just foolish.

guy
07-12-2019, 01:11 PM
He’d still be considered a better player then these guys but good chance he’d be looked at in same vain as Ewing, Barkley, Malone i.e. guys who’s best chances were stopped by Jordan. Maybe he would be looked at like Hakeem, Drexler, or Robinson i.e. guys who were able to take advantage while Jordan was retired.