PDA

View Full Version : What is the best weapon for women self defense?

iamgine
07-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Other than handgun, which is illegal in most countries.

Taser gun? Pepper spray? Stun gun? Switchblade?

Levity
07-10-2019, 03:07 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cpBJJODbvE03S/giphy.gif

Patrick Chewing
07-10-2019, 03:14 PM
It's a shame that carrying a handgun to protect you from violent and vicious attackers is illegal in most countries, especially for the protection of women.

Stun guns are useless. The best defense is to never be alone in an area where there aren't that many people that can see or hear an attack take place.

The other best defense is to take a class on self-defense that specializes in hitting a man in the groin, allowing you to escape.

warriorfan
07-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Shake them

Smoke117
07-10-2019, 03:48 PM
A whistle.

jstern
07-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Pepper spray.

Overdrive
07-10-2019, 05:28 PM
It's a shame that carrying a handgun to protect you from violent and vicious attackers is illegal in most countries, especially for the protection of women.

In most gun-prohibiting countries(western europe, that is) there's also less violance in the streets against women.

Facepalm
07-10-2019, 05:57 PM
A large man

iamgine
07-11-2019, 04:01 AM

Stun guns are useless. The best defense is to never be alone in an area where there aren't that many people that can see or hear an attack take place.

The other best defense is to take a class on self-defense that specializes in hitting a man in the groin, allowing you to escape.
They generally do that already but sometimes it's unavoidable. i.e after working late and need to take a taxi/uber home. Never know if the driver is a creep.

DaHeezy
07-11-2019, 04:18 AM
I carry a flashlight baton with 2000 lumens in my car. The light is severely blinding. You can disorientate someone then hit em with a bone breaking whack.

red1
07-11-2019, 04:56 PM
being ugly. that's the best defense.

potential rapists would cross the street if they saw rosie o'donnell at night.

Jasper
07-11-2019, 05:48 PM
doggy style will always leave the pursuers with a grin.

NastaMaverick
07-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Other than handgun, which is illegal in most countries.

Taser gun? Pepper spray? Stun gun? Switchblade?
Bro change ur avatar back this shits wack

ScalsFan21
07-12-2019, 02:50 AM
Tbh I'm impressed this thread has lasted twelve posts without somebody saying an AR-15.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 03:56 AM
I carry a flashlight baton with 2000 lumens in my car. The light is severely blinding. You can disorientate someone then hit em with a bone breaking whack.
This is interesting...very convenient since it's small enough to go into the purse. Plus the light is useful in many normal, non attack situation. Have you tested it though? I wonder about the effectiveness for a small woman.

pauk
07-12-2019, 05:26 AM
Karambit

dunksby
07-12-2019, 05:38 AM
This is interesting...very convenient since it's small enough to go into the purse. Plus the light is useful in many normal, non attack situation. Have you tested it though? I wonder about the effectiveness for a small woman.
I don't think you understand what a baton flashlight is, it's standard police flashlight the length of an average woman's forearm or even longer. I have one at home and it definitely cannot fit into any purse :lol

iamgine
07-12-2019, 05:54 AM
I don't think you understand what a baton flashlight is, it's standard police flashlight the length of an average woman's forearm or even longer. I have one at home and it definitely cannot fit into any purse :lol
Um...there are various sizes. Some fit into a purse.

dunksby
07-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Um...there are various sizes. Some fit into a purse.
Good luck defending yourself against a violent aggressor with a purse-sized flashlight.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Good luck defending yourself against a violent aggressor with a purse-sized flashlight.
Not sure a bat size baton makes much difference for small woman vs violent aggressor in most cases. The blinding light is the point.

Overdrive
07-12-2019, 07:29 AM

Fire extinguisher, same effect. That's why I always stand close to it in the tram/sub.

dunksby
07-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Not sure a bat size baton makes much difference for small woman vs violent aggressor in most cases. The blinding light is the point.
The blinding effect is why pepper sprays exist. You are Numbersix lite, aren't you?

iamgine
07-12-2019, 07:47 AM
The blinding effect is why pepper sprays exist. You are Numbersix lite, aren't you?
Light has more distance and uses though. And it won't backfire on you.

Rolando
07-12-2019, 08:49 AM

My ex-Marine brother told me this about how to use these long handled flashlights:

Grip it close to the light and hold the shaft of it on your shoulder as you shine it forward. Not only can you blind whoever you are shining it on. It is ready immediately to be used as a club as it rests on the shoulder. Perfect.

dunksby
07-12-2019, 09:01 AM
My ex-Marine brother told me this about how to use these long handled flashlights:

Grip it close to the light and hold the shaft of it on your shoulder as you shine it forward. Not only can you blind whoever you are shining it on. It is ready immediately to be used as a club as it rests on the shoulder. Perfect.
That works at the hands of a strong person who can put enough force behind a swing. The way I recommend for most women - how I instructed my wife - is to grip the light with two hands and stab the attacker in the abdomen and preferably the bladder.

This way the lunge is more forceful as you use two hands and put your body behind the attack; due to the usual height difference between men women it's easier for women to land their hit.

Shogon
07-12-2019, 09:03 AM
A large man

QFT

DaHeezy
07-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Never on the road or streets. When I was a doorman at the bar I've had to use it a a few times. Usually for the fellows who try and snort coke in the bathroom. :lol
The light however is very effective at momentarily blinding someone. The higher the lumens, like let's say 1200, they crazier the effect. Most also have a strobe function which is even more effective. The hard metal makes it a good battering tool.

DaHeezy
07-12-2019, 01:02 PM

There are ones that are 6 inches. Slim shaped like a club. Many women carry dildos that are bigger.

DaHeezy
07-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Go to a Walmart and find their flashlight section. Find a flashlight minimum 800 lumens. Shine it in your eye. Come back to me and tell me that's not effective.

dunksby
07-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Go to a Walmart and find their flashlight section. Find a flashlight minimum 800 lumens. Shine it in your eye. Come back to me and tell me that's not effective.
Thanks to your post I don't need any kina experiment to know you are a soft ass *****.

dunksby
07-12-2019, 01:31 PM
There are ones that are 6 inches. Slim shaped like a club. Many women carry dildos that are bigger.
Well, I trust your expertise on such matters.

DaHeezy
07-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Thanks to your post I don't need any kina experiment to know you are a soft ass *****.
:lol
What's with the aggression there? Did I hurt your feelings too?

DaHeezy
07-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Well, I trust your expertise on such matters.

:applause:
And another one incapable of level headed discussion who will deviate from a thread and focus on me. :lol

I love my fanbase on ISH

Levity
07-12-2019, 01:36 PM
my wife and her friends/family recently had this 'taser gun buying party(?)' or something like that, with a company called "damsel in distress"

basically its a bunch of different tasers for women to keep in their purse/car. some of the products are wild. like one that looks like its a digital camera, but its really a taser gun :lol or another one which are basically plastic brass knuckles with a taser at the end.

Wally450
07-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Posting on ISH.

stalkerforlife
07-12-2019, 05:27 PM
My face.

ILLsmak
07-13-2019, 11:19 AM
their ****** probably. Teeth, too. I feel bad for people who won't fight back. Sure it might get you KTFO but at least you won't have to be awake while you are being raped.

Bite the shit out of someone, go for the nuts with your knees. The majority of predators don't seem like they are bout that life, but if you get someone who looks like brock lesnar it's over anyway. Still can claw out one of his eyes.

-Smak