PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Oubre Jr., has agreed to a two-year, $30M deal to stay with the Phoenix Suns

GreatHILL
07-11-2019, 02:51 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following Following @wojespn
More
Restricted free agent Kelly Oubre Jr., has agreed to a two-year, $30M deal to stay with the Phoenix Suns, agent Nima Namakian of @BDA_Sports tells ESPN.

great news for the suns fans! :cheers:

wagexslave
07-11-2019, 03:25 AM
Good sh*t. I said 15 was the max I would pay him per year without it being a big overpay. But it's on a 2 year deal so it's more worthwhile since we will have money to lock up Ayton AND have a shot at a max player in the insane 2021 free agency, provided this young Suns squad improves with the new additions + age/experience and finally becomes competitive. And if Kelly develops into a star player in that time hopefully he'll feel at home here and want to sign a long term deal with us. I'm happy, Oubre's happy, everyone's happy.

This has been the best offseason we've had in years. I finally feel like we have a real NBA squad again. No more starting G-league level players, and a very decent 2nd sting all around. And we kept Oubre who has been great for the team chemistry, identity, energy, defense, and overall culture. He's just a great fit for this team and a fan favorite. Hopefully Monty Williams turns out to be a good head coach in Phoenix for years to come, and we don't get unlucky with injuries all year, and this team shows some progress. Anything under 30 wins is a bust next season IMO, and I really believe they can win more than that. This needs to be the year they take a big step in the right direction.