PDA

View Full Version : List of 1st round picks owned by the OKC Thunder

Bosnian Sajo
07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2vcsuw9.jpg

Lord have mercy....and they aren't done yet. Plus, they already have a young stud on the team in SGA.

Good job, Presti.

bigkingsfan
07-11-2019, 09:18 PM
You used photobox to upload pics ? :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
07-11-2019, 09:19 PM
You used photobox to upload pics ? :roll:

I'm on my phone, why any recommendations? I know imgur doesnt work on this board

Shogon
07-11-2019, 09:20 PM
https://postimages.org/

Bosnian Sajo
07-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Thanks, bro :cheers:

Kblaze8855
07-11-2019, 09:22 PM
I reuploaded it

Bosnian Sajo
07-11-2019, 09:23 PM
I reuploaded it

It's all good, shogon helped a brotha out.

NBAGOAT
07-11-2019, 09:23 PM
this is actually comical. I think they look to package the picks for top 5 type picks most years. There's no point in having 12 1st rounders in 3 years on your roster lol

DMAVS41
07-11-2019, 09:24 PM
And, they aren't done...

I'd imagine that some version of Paul/Gallo/Adams nets them two more lightly protected firsts....maybe 3 if they take back multi-year money.

Bosnian Sajo
07-11-2019, 09:26 PM
this is actually comical. I think they look to package the picks for top 5 type picks most years. There's no point in having 12 1st rounders in 3 years on your roster lol

Where are you seeing 12 picks in 3 years? Its 2 picker per year with 2024 and 2026 being years that they have 3 1st round picks.

I dont see anything wrong with that, more chances for the team to draft correctly lol

NBAGOAT
07-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Where are you seeing 12 picks in 3 years? Its 2 picker per year with 2024 and 2026 being years that they have 3 1st round picks.

I dont see anything wrong with that, more chances for the team to draft correctly lol

i was exaggerating lol. Its just I think it be smart to make some hawks type trades where they packaged some picks for a top 5 pick

MrFonzworth
07-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Thats a LOT of late first rounders

bladefd
07-12-2019, 01:47 AM
Well, it looks like OKC will be a dumpster fire next 4-5yrs unless if their picks pane out.. That could be Cavs all over again :sleeping

Lakers Legend#32
07-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Late first rounders rarely amount to anything.
The Curse of the Sonics.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 06:32 AM
The Curse of the Sonics.

Jimmy butler, Rudy Gobert, bojan bogdanovic, Kyle kuzma, Larry nance, Kevon looney, Pascal siakam, dejounte murray, Derrick white, Josh hart, Landry shamet....you want me to go on??

And this is only from the past 7ish years. You're so wrong it's not even funny.

And all those picks were picks 26-30 in the first round, so we are assuming that houston/miami/lac will all be top 4 teams for the next 7 years and be forced to pick 26-30 lmfao.

Having this amount of picks is a huge win, anyone arguing that it isnt is clueless.

coin24
07-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Jimmy butler, Rudy Gobert, bojan bogdanovic, Kyle kuzma, Larry nance, Kevon looney, Pascal siakam, dejounte murray, Derrick white, Josh hart, Landry shamet....you want me to go on??

And this is only from the past 7ish years. You're so wrong it's not even funny.

And all those picks were picks 26-30 in the first round, so we are assuming that houston/miami/lac will all be top 4 teams for the next 7 years and be forced to pick 26-30 lmfao.

Having this amount of picks is a huge win, anyone arguing that it isnt is clueless.

You know what's better than a handful of picks, which are 99% not superstars, an actual superstar player:oldlol:

That's why teams would happily trade any amount of picks for one. It's a Superstar league. And being a small market like OKC means they won't be attracting many free agents, especially now.

I'm not saying they could have gotten much better than what they did for Russ, let's see what they can flip Chris small for first.

chains5000
07-12-2019, 06:44 AM
You know what's better than a handful of picks, which are 99% not superstars, an actual superstar player:oldlol:

That's why teams would happily trade any amount of picks for one. It's a Superstar league. And being a small market like OKC means they won't be attracting many free agents, especially now.

I'm not saying they could have gotten much better than what they did for Russ, let's see what they can flip Chris small for first.
By your logic, it's good for a small market team to build through the draft, as they won't attract free agents and, as 99% of the picks turn out not to be superstars, then it's great to have as many picks as possible, right?

coin24
07-12-2019, 06:58 AM
By your logic, it's good for a small market team to build through the draft, as they won't attract free agents and, as 99% of the picks turn out not to be superstars, then it's great to have as many picks as possible, right?

Didn't the thunder cheap out over $4m and lost harden??

They need to grab onto a star and not let go.. they seem to scout well so they do have that going for them.

chains5000
07-12-2019, 07:02 AM
Didn't the thunder cheap out over $4m and lost harden??

They need to grab onto a star and not let go.. they seem to scout well so they do have that going for them.
That was a choice they made that turned out wrong, but it's not like there are also teams that decide to pay players and then regret it too.
As for letting Harden go, IMO they had to get rid of someone, just chose the wrong player.
Also, they're not the only team who's made a mistake not paying someone, remember Dallas and Nash, for example.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 07:10 AM
I'd estimate on pick 11-30,

- 1% becomes MVP level player
- 9% becomes Stars
- 15% becomes Good role players
- 25% becomes Average role player
- 50% becomes Below average or busts

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 07:33 AM

- 9% becomes Stars

Lemme get to work and I'll be sure to test your statistics.

chains5000
07-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Lemme get to work and I'll be sure to test your statistics.
:oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 07:47 AM
:oldlol:

What can I say, I'm blessed with a lot of free time at work :lol Can't complain.

DMAVS41
07-12-2019, 07:54 AM

So what is the counterfactual?

You want them to keep a core that they can't improve upon because of the cap situation that they know can't win instead of saving a ton of money, getting a really good prospect in SGA...in addition to 8 extra first round picks...and they aren't even done yet.

You'd rather them lose in the first round 1 for the next 3 years and have virtually no future at all for a team in a market that nobody wants to play for?

Please...tell us your plan.

Again, Presti has made mistakes. Not getting shooting around his teams post 2012 was a big mistake. But even with that and the Harden trade...the Thunder had an overall elite roster for years...and KD still left. Why? Well, in part because playing in OKC can't compare to playing in a more desirable market.

Giannis might be on that same path. He has a really good team around him...not as good as KD's Thunder, but close imo...and I bet there is a 50% chance he leaves.

If you aren't a free agent destination...you have to build through the draft or trades...

chains5000
07-12-2019, 08:00 AM
What can I say, I'm blessed with a lot of free time at work :lol Can't complain.
I do post from work too:dancin

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 08:08 AM

- 9% becomes Stars

The draft years I used are 2011, 2012, and 2013...so picks 11-30 through a 3 years range, 60 players.

- 3.33% becomes MVP level player
- 8.33% becomes Stars
- 30% becomes Good role players
- 21.6% becomes Average role player
- 36.6% becomes Below average or busts

So your numbers aren't too far off at all for MVP level, Star level, and Average...but there were double the amount of good role players than what you claimed and a lot less busts, although still the most prevalent group (as expected).

Mind you, guys like Steven Adams, Nikola Mirotic, Tim Hardaway jr etc. are among the good role players, these are guys that could be difference makers around a star.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 08:13 AM
So based off of those statistics alone, the Thunder have a 41.66% chance of drafting a good role player or better with late picks. These statistics get bumped big time the more picks you have in each draft, having 3 picks in a draft instead of 1 greatly increase your chance at drafting one of these players. If anyone has the formula for # of attempts (its like a calculus formula..or maybe stats formula, idk too lazy to go search) I can plug the numbers and give you a more accurate percentage of the Thunder selecting one of these players.

MIND YOU, this is assuming that ALL these picks the Thunder have accumulated are going to be pick 11-30, which I highly doubt. Surely they will have at least a couple of top 10 picks.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Can we see the list of good role players?

Does the percentage change significantly when we get more samples? Maybe a 10 year period? 60 samples seems a bit low.

DMAVS41
07-12-2019, 08:24 AM
So based off of those statistics alone, the Thunder have a 41.66% chance of drafting a good role player or better with late picks. These statistics get bumped big time the more picks you have in each draft, having 3 picks in a draft instead of 1 greatly increase your chance at drafting one of these players. If anyone has the formula for # of attempts (its like a calculus formula..or maybe stats formula, idk too lazy to go search) I can plug the numbers and give you a more accurate percentage of the Thunder selecting one of these players.

MIND YOU, this is assuming that ALL these picks the Thunder have accumulated are going to be pick 11-30, which I highly doubt. Surely they will have at least a couple of top 10 picks.

And that is solely talking about the picks as draft capital.

They also function as trade capital as well.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Can we see the list of good role players?

Does the percentage change significantly when we get more samples? Maybe a 10 year period? 60 samples seems a bit low.

I'm not doing a 10 year period for you lmfao, that's 200 players. I listed some of em for you, feel free to go look for yourself from 2011-2013.

I gave you some examples. Other examples of good role players: Evan Fournier, Mason Plumlee, Morris twins, Cory Joseph, Reggie Jackson...off the top of my head, go look for yourself if you wanna fact check each and every selection.

2011 - Pretty deep draft

2012 - Not good at all really

2013 - Normal draft

LAmbruh
07-12-2019, 08:37 AM
The Curse of the Sonics.
This

*yawn

iamgine
07-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Well from 2010-2015, I'd consider these players somewhat below average or busts:

Lucas Nogueira
Jordan Adams
Cole Aldrich
Dominique Jones
Sergey Karasev
Rashad Vaughn
R.J. Hunter
Lazar Hayward
Daniel Orton
Josh Huestis
Marquis Teague
Jared Cunningham
James Young
C.J. Wilcox
Craig Brackins
Fab Melo
Nemanja Nedovic
Royce White
Livio Jean-Charles
Nikola Milutinov
Larry Sanders
Shabazz Napier
Archie Goodwin
Jerian Grant
Andrew Nicholson
P.J. Hairston
Kevin Seraphin
Jordan Hamilton
Solomon Hill
James Anderson
Xavier Henry
Meyers Leonard
Shane Larkin
Sam Dekker
Jarell Martin
Justin Anderson
Kendall Marshall
John Jenkins
Elliot Williams
Miles Plumlee
Bruno Caboclo
Luke Babbitt
Quincy Pondexter
Mitch McGary
Festus Ezeli
Tyler Ennis
Chris Singleton
Adreian Payne
Damion James
Arnett Moultrie
Perry Jones
Nolan Smith
Chris McCullough
JaJuan Johnson
Alec Burks
Donatas Motiejunas
Norris Cole
MarShon Brooks

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 09:23 AM
People on this forum are hilarious...did you really go in and try to select as many players as possible just in order to fit your original statistics? You picked 58 players...out of 120, 48% :lol

You completely guessed that number originally dude, it's not that important to be correct.

Below Average/Bust means players that are there to fill a roster...they don't get much playing time at all, if any. So no, I definitely would not include players like Alec Burks as below average. They are solid, average role players.

How about this. Instead of nitpicking who is an average role player and who is below average....just group those 2 classes together.

My og stats stand that the OKC Thunder (2011-2013 reference) have approx 41.66% chance to draft a good role player (Adams/Fournier type) or better.

Wally450
07-12-2019, 09:25 AM
I just wonder if they do hit on those picks in 2020, 2021, if those guys will stay after their rookie contracts and can build a solid team with the picks 4-5 years down the road.

DMAVS41
07-12-2019, 09:31 AM
I just wonder if they do hit on those picks in 2020, 2021, if those guys will stay after their rookie contracts and can build a solid team with the picks 4-5 years down the road.

Well, the Thunder would decide that as they are restricted free agents.

After that is when it gets hard for markets like OKC.

GimmeThat
07-12-2019, 09:33 AM
AAU championships under the scope light

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Well from 2010-2015, I'd consider these players somewhat below average or busts:

Larry Sanders
Shabazz Napier
Jerian Grant
Solomon Hill
Meyers Leonard
Bruno Caboclo
Luke Babbitt
Quincy Pondexter
Festus Ezeli
Alec Burks
Donatas Motiejunas
Norris Cole

Average role player = 10-20 mins off the bench, if not more (most of these guys played more but I wouldn't necessarily put them in the group of "good role players" considering the level of guys in that group).

Out of the list of guys you picked, these are the guys I think you reached with. A couple of these guys are out of the league due to injuries, a couple are playing in europe, and the rest are average role players on NBA teams. Average. The rest I would agree are below average. Bruno is a kid who came back, balled last year with Memphis, and we are yet to see what he will be able to become...so he might even move up to the next level. Alec has arguably been a good role player, but has regressed somewhat.

58-12=46/120= 38.33%

Would you look at that?

This is why I said don't nitpick about who is average/below average. We were originally looking at these stats to see what are the chances OKC would pick a good role player or better with these "late picks". We could spend all day deciding who is average and who is below average and it wouldn't make any difference to the bigger picture of this discussion lmao.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Average role player = 10-20 mins off the bench, if not more (most of these guys played more but I wouldn't necessarily put them in the group of "good role players" considering the level of guys in that group).

Out of the list of guys you picked, these are the guys I think you reached with. A couple of these guys are out of the league due to injuries, a couple are playing in europe, and the rest are average role players on NBA teams. Average. The rest I would agree are below average. Bruno is a kid who came back, balled last year with Memphis, and we are yet to see what he will be able to become...so he might even move up to the next level. Alec has arguably been a good role player, but has regressed somewhat.

58-12=46/120= 38.33%

Would you look at that?

This is why I said don't nitpick about who is average/below average. We were originally looking at these stats to see what are the chances OKC would pick a good role player or better with these "late picks". We could spend all day deciding who is average and who is below average and it wouldn't make any difference to the bigger picture of this discussion lmao.
Well there will always be guys injured and go to europe and regress. So we have to take them into the equation. Like...greg oden was great when he played but obviously he has to go into the bust category.

Thats why list all who you think are the good role players. If you just say 30 percent is good without detailing them its hard to conclude if thats true or not.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Well there will always be guys injured and go to europe and regress. So we have to take them into the equation. Like...greg oden was great when he played but obviously he has to go into the bust category.

Thats why list all who you think are the good role players. If you just say 30 percent is good without detailing them its hard to conclude if thats true or not.

Not one of the players I listed as good role players are injured or out of the league, they all still play. I was talking about Festus Ezeli in that example, for who I recognize as an average role player and not a bust due to his unfortunate injury problems.

Not gonna list em out, you can go through years 2011-2013 and see if your good role players % looks similar to mine.

You know what is easy to conclude if it's true or not? Your stats in which you didn't go through any draft, rather you posted those stats off the top of your head. Like they are completely made up, yet you want me to be detailed (and list each player..) about my stats for which I went and used a checklist to decide what category each player fell into? It's a laughable request.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
2011-2013, picks 11-30

Morris twins
Shump
Faried
Mirotic
Reggie Jackson
Joseph
Lamb
Fournier
Adams
Schroder
Dieng
Mason Plumlee
THJ
Roberson
Harckless
Olynyk
Henson

That's 18.

18/60= 30%

Happy?

Here's more detail for you

MVP caliber:

Kawhi
Giannis

2/60 = 3.33%

Stars:
Klay
Vucevic
Harris
Buckets
Rudy G

5/60 = 8.33%

SpaceJam2
07-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Always this

Nothing better :cheers:

iamgine
07-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Not one of the players I listed as good role players are injured or out of the league, they all still play. I was talking about Festus Ezeli in that example, for who I recognize as an average role player and not a bust due to his unfortunate injury problems.

Not gonna list em out, you can go through years 2011-2013 and see if your good role players % looks similar to mine.

You know what is easy to conclude if it's true or not? Your stats in which you didn't go through any draft, rather you posted those stats off the top of your head. Like they are completely made up, yet you want me to be detailed (and list each player..) about my stats for which I went and used a checklist to decide what category each player fell into? It's a laughable request.
Well it's an estimate. Of course it's gonna be made up. But since you set out to test it based on real drafts, of course you'd have to list em out.

On a glance I disagree on a few names like Shump or Cory J or Dieng or Henson. I mean, those are more like scrubs who at one point we thought had potential. I'd call them average at best. But the problem really is the sample size is so small, even removing only 4 names decreased the %age to 23%

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Well it's an estimate. Of course it's gonna be made up. But since you set out to test it based on real drafts, of course you'd have to list em out.

On a glance I disagree on a few names like Shump or Cory J or Dieng or Henson. I mean, those are more like scrubs who at one point we thought had potential. I'd call them average at best. But the problem really is the sample size is so small, even removing only 4 names decreased the %age to 23%

So do it yourself and use a sample size that is not from a recent draft. I say this because Jalen Rose the other day said on ESPN "In the last 4 years, there hasn't been a guy taken 25th or below that made an allstar team" which is one of the dumbest "facts" I've ever heard in my life.

We are talking about players who have no more than 4 years experience max. Do you know how many players made it to the all star game from drafts 2015-2018? 4 players. Out of 240. 3 of them (Russ, KAT, Uni) from 2015 and 1 from 2016 (Simmons). These are draft classes that included guys like Donovan Mitchell.

But why is that? Because the 2015 guys had only 4 chances, 2016 3, 2017 2, 2018 1 chance. It's kind of tough to judge a draft class without at least giving them 7 years or more.

So iamgine, if you're not happy with the sample size I implore you to go ahead and use a bigger sample size, do it yourself lol. Mind you though, that scouts have evidently been more efficient this decade than those of the past, considering how many good players have come from late picks both in the 1st round and 2nd round. You've always had your diamond in the rough, but it's become evidently more and more common to see quality NBA players come from picks 11-30 in the draft.

ANYWAYS, all of that is to say that the Thunder did extremely well for themselves with these trades and have a bright future, no matter who has something to say against that.

I rest my case. It's Jummah time.

DMAVS41
07-12-2019, 01:35 PM
I get questioning the value of mid to late first round picks for contending teams, but teams looking to rebuild...are we really questioning that value?

You get young players on cost-controlled contracts for years...this is the life-blood of small market franchises...especially ones looking to rebuild.

Giannis just went in this range...so, yea, I'll take a bunch of extra chances at that than I will trying to lose in the first round for the next 4 years.

iamgine
07-12-2019, 02:04 PM
So do it yourself and use a sample size that is not from a recent draft. I say this because Jalen Rose the other day said on ESPN "In the last 4 years, there hasn't been a guy taken 25th or below that made an allstar team" which is one of the dumbest "facts" I've ever heard in my life.

We are talking about players who have no more than 4 years experience max. Do you know how many players made it to the all star game from drafts 2015-2018? 4 players. Out of 240. 3 of them (Russ, KAT, Uni) from 2015 and 1 from 2016 (Simmons). These are draft classes that included guys like Donovan Mitchell.

But why is that? Because the 2015 guys had only 4 chances, 2016 3, 2017 2, 2018 1 chance. It's kind of tough to judge a draft class without at least giving them 7 years or more.

So iamgine, if you're not happy with the sample size I implore you to go ahead and use a bigger sample size, do it yourself lol. Mind you though, that scouts have evidently been more efficient this decade than those of the past, considering how many good players have come from late picks both in the 1st round and 2nd round. You've always had your diamond in the rough, but it's become evidently more and more common to see quality NBA players come from picks 11-30 in the draft.

ANYWAYS, all of that is to say that the Thunder did extremely well for themselves with these trades and have a bright future, no matter who has something to say against that.

I rest my case. It's Jummah time.
Well I got no time for that.

I do agree that Thunder has always done well considering they're a small market and an unattractive city to live in.

Uncle Drew
07-12-2019, 02:13 PM
This is the dumbest discussion I've ever seen.

LAmbruh
07-12-2019, 02:21 PM
OP is dumber than Peroantic

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 03:18 PM

Why because it's filled with facts? I realize he BranWagon isn't used to dealing with that.

scuzzy
07-12-2019, 03:26 PM
This

OP is ISH's new resident retard

Now that Lakers are relevant he felt safe to crawl out that 8 year hibernation :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2019, 03:39 PM
This

OP is ISH's new resident retard

Now that Lakers are relevant he felt safe to crawl out that 8 year hibernation :oldlol:

Check the game threads, b. Only time I ever showed up to ISH. Now that I work in an office, I got time :lol

What exactly is retarded to you? It's literally a list of 1st round picks the Thunder own.