PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bumble has a brand new feature that will make the summer season a lot more FUN!!!

PWB15
07-13-2019, 12:23 PM
You can now talk on the phone now without sharing your personal phone number. Once you matched with someone you have the option to call. Men can only call after the first match. But that is awesome and it has happened at the right time...."Summer Time" I kept wondering why every time she sent a message it said YOUR MOVE. Bumble is about to eliminate online dating sites for good with this feature.

Only downside I see to this is it will increase the number of times someone flakes on you. Meaning that you can decide to not meet someone you made plans with if you get a "new bee in your hive"

DaHeezy
07-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Curious about Bumble. My girlfriends keep pushing me to try it out. Don't like the fact you have to pay for features. Are they worth it?

Bourne
07-13-2019, 02:08 PM
i dont get it. who calls people these days? and is it that you are calling without them messaging first? that's creepy as f because other apps let you do a much less invasive option (texting) in every case. not understanding

Shogon
07-13-2019, 05:00 PM
i dont get it. who calls people these days? and is it that you are calling without them messaging first? that's creepy as f because other apps let you do a much less invasive option (texting) in every case. not understanding

I'm really starting to become a dinosaur because I much prefer talking to a girl... or literally talking to anyone... on a phone... as opposed to texting.

Texting should be reserved for very brief communication that really doesn't warrant a conversation or an immediate response.

But when you're just heavily going back and forth through texting, it's just because you're incredibly awkward in person and don't know how to hold a conversation, and you're super controlling with your messages and thoughts rather than just being the honest real you.

It omits so much truthful, genuine and fun interaction that talking with your actual voice brings.

Phone calls > texting any day / all day.

Texting is for selfish assholes and/or awkward selfish assholes.

Hawker
07-13-2019, 05:01 PM
I would never call a random girl on bumble or tinder until I met them in person first.

The conversation would be so dry and awkward on the phone.

Hawker
07-13-2019, 05:03 PM
I'm really starting to become a dinosaur because I much prefer talking to a girl... or literally talking to anyone... on a phone... as opposed to texting.

Texting should be reserved for very brief communication that really doesn't warrant a conversation.

But when you're just heavily going back and forth through texting, it's just because you're incredibly awkward in person and don't know how to hold a conversation, and you're super controlling with your messages and thoughts rather than just being the honest real you.

It omits so much truthful, genuine and fun interaction that talking with your actual voice brings.

Phone calls > texting any day / all day.

Texting is for selfish assholes and/or awkward selfish assholes.
I agree with this.

I remember how much courage it would take to actually call the girl...and then all of a sudden things changed where girls thought you were weird if you called them. Or they wouldn't answer and say, "hey, saw you called. What's up?" instead of calling you back. Guys don't have to do that now.

I'm sure some girls still prefer that a guy calls them but guys would rather play it safe and not be labelled as creepy or desperate.

Shogon
07-13-2019, 05:04 PM
I would never call a random girl on bumble or tinder until I met them in person first.

When you've met through a situation such as a dating app, initially, I'd tend to agree.

I was just going off on his comment of "who calls people these days" because it's just another step towards degrading genuine human interaction on a societal and species level.

1987_Lakers
07-13-2019, 05:38 PM

Talking on the phone leads to more attraction if the convo is good as opposed to just messaging, you will be on her mind. I've done it a few times before meeting in person.

Celtics 1825
07-13-2019, 05:55 PM
That sounds terrible, I'm already not that good at texting but I'm even worse at talking to strangers over the phone

Spurs m8
07-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Curious about Bumble. My girlfriends keep pushing me to try it out. Don't like the fact you have to pay for features. Are they worth it?

Am I missing something here?

Im so nba'd out
07-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Am I missing something here?
no

PWB15
07-14-2019, 12:17 AM

Bumble is free, once you match with someone you start chatting and then you set up a date. You only have to pay if you ugly and even then you still have to wait for a girl to respond back first:lol

PWB15
07-14-2019, 12:18 AM

Calling to put the voice behind the face and to set up a date

PWB15
07-14-2019, 12:20 AM

You only call once she matches with you and to set up a date.

Hawker
07-14-2019, 02:21 AM
You only call once she matches with you and to set up a date.

I know how bumble works dude. I've met up with girls off of it before.

Still not calling until I meet them in person.

highwhey
07-14-2019, 02:26 AM
I know how bumble works dude. I've met up with girls off of it before.

Still not calling until I meet them in person.
i'm an old school dude, i prefer to call them vs texting, but the reality is no girl wants to get a phone call...too much pressure vs texting. i guarantee this calling thing flops. ain't no girl answering a call on a dating app unless they've already established a connection...which means they've already exchanged numbers and this feature is useless.

Hawker
07-14-2019, 02:32 AM
i'm an old school dude, i prefer to call them vs texting, but the reality is no girl wants to get a phone call...too much pressure vs texting. i guarantee this calling thing flops. ain't no girl answering a call on a dating app unless they've already established a connection...which means they've already exchanged numbers and this feature is useless.

Exactly - but the "old school" way was meeting the girl in person randomly, getting her number and then calling her. I still get numbers in person but I just text. Girls are too insecure to answer and reveal themselves over the phone. I miss that - the girl answers she giggles a bit and says yes to the date.

So you've already established a connection by just meeting her first. There's no connection other than a swipe on the app.

And yeah, no girl is answering a call on this. Although some random girl wanted to talk to me on the phone but I just can't see myself setting some time out to talk to a girl on the phone I don't even know. Lived too far from her anyway.

imdaman99
07-14-2019, 10:53 AM
I hate the online game man. I do my best in person, online is all games and trying to one up another dude. If she is talking to 30 dudes, I have no interest in her and I ain't competing for a girl that needs that much attention.

Vino24
07-14-2019, 11:43 AM
I hate the online game man. I do my best in person, online is all games and trying to one up another dude. If she is talking to 30 dudes, I have no interest in her and I ain't competing for a girl that needs that much attention.
What

egokiller
07-14-2019, 02:25 PM
This whole age of "dating sites" and "dating apps" is actually quite comical. :lol Do people not have enough of an extensive social network or communication skills in person to meet people like how the alphas before them used to before all this nonsense? Every girl I've ever dated was one that I met at a social function like a wedding or party. Alpha approach. :applause:

Vino24
07-14-2019, 03:12 PM
This whole age of "dating sites" and "dating apps" is actually quite comical. :lol Do people not have enough of an extensive social network or communication skills in person to meet people like how the alphas before them used to before all this nonsense? Every girl I've ever dated was one that I met at a social function like a wedding or party. Alpha approach. :applause:
Imagine a guy with a mug like Justin