PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone pretending PG13 is anywhere near AD?

3ball
07-15-2019, 03:39 PM
AD is in a different dimension as a player, which makes the Lakers' cast far better than the Clippers, even without considering that Cousins > Harrell.. Green > Beverley.. and Kuzma > Jamychal or Shamet

The media is fos as always - this time, they're acting like the Clippers have the better cast..

So they're lying as usual to sway the casual fan .. it's similar to their lie that the 19' warriors were more injured than the 16' Warriors (Durant excluded since he wasn't on the 16' team)

keep-itreal
07-15-2019, 03:42 PM
2013 - missed the playoffs
2014 - missed the playoffs
2015 - swept in the first round
2016 - missed the playoffs
2017 - missed the playoffs
2018 - second round exit

Very impressive indeed!

sdot_thadon
07-15-2019, 03:43 PM
why did anyone believe op was retiring? :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2019, 03:46 PM
It was so obvious he wasn't, dude didn't even hold out 2 days :oldlol:

zeerghit
07-15-2019, 03:48 PM
did he deleted his retirement speech/thread?

3ball
07-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Circumstances changed and I had to postpone retirement.. shit happens

But you know im right on this one - lebron just landed his Kareem, while kawhi landed his pippen.. not exactly a fair fight

zeerghit
07-15-2019, 03:52 PM
u all mj fans full bit*hes... losing bets, fake coaches, fake d1 players..

superduper
07-15-2019, 03:53 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This was funny

3ball
07-15-2019, 03:57 PM
2018 - second round exit

Very impressive indeed!
Every young player must learn how to win - young Lebron was a lottery and early exit guy too, aside from 07':

2004 - missed the playoffs
2005 - missed the playoffs
2006 - second round exit
2007 - Finals appearance
2008 - second round exit

NBAGOAT
07-15-2019, 03:58 PM
either being disrespectful or purposely ignorant just straight up not mentioning the best player on the clippers last year...

zeerghit
07-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Every young player must learn how to win - young Lebron was a lottery and early exit guy too, aside from 07':

2004 - missed the playoffs
2005 - missed the playoffs
2006 - second round exit
2007 - Finals appearance
2008 - second round exit
why u stopped making threads about ingram and lonzo? u was pretty active about them why suddenly stopped? and why u didint make any thread about how great davis was before he joined lakers? wtf?

Manny98
07-15-2019, 04:06 PM
either being disrespectful or purposely ignorant just straight up not mentioning the best player on the clippers last year...
He doesn't even watch basketball, probably had to go on bball reference to look up who was on the Clippers roster :oldlol:

3ball
07-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Yeah I played D1 tho, as much as that apparently pains you .. :roll: :yaohappy:

Haters gon hate... :dancin:

Vino24
07-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Pg13 was mvp caliber for most of the season. AD not so much

Bosnian Sajo
07-15-2019, 04:27 PM
2018 - second round exit

Very impressive indeed!

Meanwhile, Paul George:

2013 - ECF (nice, who was his head coach?)
2014 - Missed playoffs (injured)
2015 - 1st round exit
2016 - swept 1st round
2017 - 1st round exit to a team led by a rookie
2018 - Lillard smacked gamewinner in his face, 1st round exit

In the time frame you decided to pick out, does this make Paul George a better player? Idk what you were trying to get at.

Anthony Davis is a generational talent while Paul George, although a superstar, is not. PG13 is the #2 on his respective team while AD is #1 on the Lakers. If anything, we should be comparing AD to Kawhi while we compare PG13 to Lebron. In that scenario, the Clippers win both matchups (I give Kawhi the nod because of this previous season).

Vino24
07-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Meanwhile, Paul George:

2013 - ECF (nice, who was his head coach?)
2014 - Missed playoffs (injured)
2015 - 1st round exit
2016 - swept 1st round
2017 - 1st round exit to a team led by a rookie
2018 - Lillard smacked gamewinner in his face, 1st round exit

In the time frame you decided to pick out, does this make Paul George a better player? Idk what you were trying to get at.

Anthony Davis is a generational talent while Paul George, although a superstar, is not. PG13 is the #2 on his respective team while AD is #1 on the Lakers. If anything, we should be comparing AD to Kawhi while we compare PG13 to Lebron. In that scenario, the Clippers win both matchups (I give Kawhi the nod because of this previous season).

AD is EXPECTED to be #1 on his team. But AD led teams have shit history. LeBeast will have to set the ship right by December

3ball
07-15-2019, 04:40 PM
AD is EXPECTED to be #1 on his team. But AD led teams have shit history. LeBeast will have to set the ship right by December
AD can't create for teammates

Lebron can't play OFF teammates (he can only create)

So it's a perfect match..

70+ wins and a FMVP is the goat standard, and that was with less help than these Lakers have.... So anything less and Lebron is falling short of the goat standard

Shogon
07-15-2019, 04:42 PM

But you know im right on this one - lebron just landed his Kareem, while kawhi landed his pippen.. not exactly a fair fight

What circumstances?

Like coming to the realization that you

Vino24
07-15-2019, 04:44 PM
AD can't create for teammates

Lebron can't play OFF teammates (he can only create)

So it's a perfect match..

70+ wins and a FMVP is the goat standard, and that was with less help than these Lakers have.... So anything less and Lebron is falling short of the goat standard
LeBron won titles playing off Wade :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2019, 04:50 PM
What circumstances?

Like coming to the realization that you’re an attention whoring addicted ****** that wasn’t getting your fill on your other accounts?
:roll:

For real, "circumstances" changing that drastically in 48 hours so he can continue the same shit he's been doing for 5+ years

3ball
07-15-2019, 05:08 PM
LeBron won titles playing off Wade :facepalm
The little bit he played off wade was both FORCED (he didn't want to and wanted Spolestra fired), and not nearly enough...

That's why they only went 2/4 instead of the "not 6, not 7" expectation..

Remember, wade was the #2 or #3 player in the league in 2010.. so how could the so-called goat (lebron) team up with the next best player in the league (wade) and lose in 2011??... And then be the underdog in 2012? How could they lose or be the unxerdog 3 of 4 years in Miami???????

Oh i know... :facepalm ... Lebron isnt the goat or anywhere near... :rolleyes:

ScalsFan21
07-15-2019, 05:09 PM
Yeah I played D1 tho, as much as that apparently pains you .. :roll: :yaohappy:

Haters gon hate... :dancin:

No, that's awesome dude. Props if true.

But much like MJ being top-two all time while being the WOAT owner, success on the court can't save ya from being a spotty evaluator of talent. :lol

3ball
07-15-2019, 05:11 PM
What circumstances?

Like coming to the realization that you’re an attention whoring addicted ****** that wasn’t getting your fill on your other accounts?
You guys should appreciate that i went back on my word, since your hero does the same thing:

"playoff mode activated".. :roll:

"not 6, not 7".. :roll: :roll:

keep-itreal
07-15-2019, 05:16 PM

How is Anthony Davis a generational talent when his misses the playoffs most of his career?

Generational talent is Lebron who carried garbage ass teams to the playoffs and finals.

AD is not capable of doing that and he is not a generational talent. He is the most overrated player in the NBA

Trollsmasher
07-15-2019, 05:24 PM
PG this past season:

3rd in MVP voting
DPOY runner up
All NBA 1st team & All NBA Defensive 1st team

AD:

PG is twice the player AD is and if LeBron beats Clippers it will be a miracle.

Wally450
07-15-2019, 05:25 PM
You guys should appreciate that i went back on my word, since your hero does the same thing:

"playoff mode activated".. :roll:

"not 6, not 7".. :roll: :roll:

You decided to quick like your idol and come back because you couldn't handle people saying LeBron>Jordan

tpols
07-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Tis is an unspoken travesty...

and im no AD stan at all, but this guy is basically like a light skinned david robinson.

Paul George is top 7-12 ish type rock solid all NBA guy, but he aint Davis.

tpols
07-15-2019, 06:01 PM

:oldlol:

you realized there was far too much material and couldnt resist.

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2019, 06:09 PM

and im no AD stan at all, but this guy is basically like a light skinned david robinson.

GTFOH, Robinson took the Spurs to the playoffs every single season his first 7 years in the league, often winning 50-55 games. Davis has 1 sweep as an 8 seed, and has won one playoff series in his entire career

NBAGOAT
07-15-2019, 06:11 PM

i wouldnt compare ad to drob, drob's too dominant defensively and has great carryjobs with meh talent. I dont think he's far off from someone like karl malone however. I'm one of the few on the jrue's overrated bandwagon

tpols
07-15-2019, 06:15 PM
i wouldnt compare ad to drob, drob's too dominant defensively and has great carryjobs with meh talent. I dont think he's far off from someone like karl malone however. I'm one of the few on the jrue's overrated bandwagon

stylistically hes much closer to robinson. super quick & coordinated face up 7 footers... drob might have defense, but davis is great there too and probably even more prolific offensively. better J

NBAGOAT
07-15-2019, 06:19 PM
stylistically hes much closer to robinson. super quick & coordinated face up 7 footers... drob might have defense, but davis is great there too and probably even more prolific offensively. better J

Yea I got the stylistic thing. Just don

guy
07-15-2019, 06:35 PM
They’re already taking into account the fact that Lebron is going to turn him into a spot up shooting role player.

StrongLurk
07-15-2019, 06:52 PM
OP, how did Paul George end up 3rd in MVP and 2nd DPOY voting...while playing next to Westbrook? You always say star players can't succeed next to guys like Westbrook? Yet PG had a career year.

Also, you made a thread like a week ago saying PG is going to average 30ppg this year.

Just another pathetic troll...

nashwade
07-15-2019, 10:10 PM
PG used to be very good during pacers days, now is just good

let's see the chemistry between him and Kawhi before we judge

Vino24
07-15-2019, 10:43 PM
OP, how did Paul George end up 3rd in MVP and 2nd DPOY voting...while playing next to Westbrook? You always say star players can't succeed next to guys like Westbrook? Yet PG had a career year.

Also, you made a thread like a week ago saying PG is going to average 30ppg this year.

Just another pathetic troll...
op address this post please

superduper
07-15-2019, 11:18 PM
How is Anthony Davis a generational talent when his misses the playoffs most of his career?

Generational talent is Lebron who carried garbage ass teams to the playoffs and finals.

AD is not capable of doing that and he is not a generational talent. He is the most overrated player in the NBA

Absolutely agree and watching him in person absolutely confirmed that for me